Ho Ho Ho! It's the Literotica Holiday Season Contest!!

Laurel

Kitty Mama
Hi writers!

The number of junk mail catalogs have doubled in my mailbox, which can only mean one thing: The Holiday Season is Near!

We will accept entries starting on Sunday December 1st, and we will stop accepting contest entries on December 15. We will announce the 3 winners on December 23rd. This contest will coexist with the usual monthly contest. Stories may only win one or the other, not both contests simultaneously.

All rules for the monthly contests are in place. The only exception to the rules is that we will allow authors who have won in our monthly contests within the last 6 months to win in this special contest. However, if you have won a prize in another theme contest within the last 6 months, you are not eligible to win in this one.

The following guidelines also apply:

- All contest stories must be submitted via our online form. If you are a WebTV user or have difficulty with the form, follow the instructions here.

- Author must put the phrase "HOLIDAY STORY CONTEST 2002" in the "Notes" field of the submission.

- Story must have a Winter Holiday theme. Please don't just submit a normal story, throwing in mistletoe and a couple of dreidels. That would not be in the spirit of the contest, and readers & voters would probably punish you for your trickiness. ;)

Any story that meets the above criteria will be automatically entered into the contest, and winners will be decided by reader input. The prizes for the top 3 stories will be the same as those award in the monthly contests.

Good luck, and have fun! ;)

Sorry Laurel, I'm English, so I'll need a bit of clarification. When you say "Winter Holiday," is that the American PC term for Christmas?

The very bemused Earl

it's difficult to think of snow and freezing weather with sunshine so hot i'm beginning to get a suntan ;)

TheEarl said:
Sorry Laurel, I'm English, so I'll need a bit of clarification. When you say "Winter Holiday," is that the American PC term for Christmas?

LMAO! Wanted to be inclusive. I just know there are some authors out there with some sexy Channukah & Winter Solstice tales up their pantlegs.

wildsweetone said:
it's difficult to think of snow and freezing weather with sunshine so hot i'm beginning to get a suntan ;)

Tell me about it! It's been hella sunny here in Southern California. A hot & sexy sunny Kiwi Holiday story would be a treat!

Thanks Laurel. What's a dreidel?

Currently FMAO in Toronto, so I've got no problems getting a wintery background due to the Brass Monkeys weather here.

The Earl

TheEarl said:
Thanks Laurel. What's a dreidel?

Currently FMAO in Toronto, so I've got no problems getting a wintery background due to the Brass Monkeys weather here.

The Earl

source dreidal info and game

One of the best known symbols of Chanukah is the Dreidel. A dreidel is a four sided top with a Hebrew letter on each side.
The four letters are:

(symbols didn't copy)

SHIN, HEY, GIMEL, NUN

These letters mean "A Great Miracle Happened There."In Israel the dreidel is a bit different in that their letters mean " A Miracle Happened HERE!"
Dreidel is also a popular game played during the Holiday. Players use pennies, nuts, raisins, or chocolate coins (gelt) as tokens or chips.

The player spins the dreidel. When the dreidel stops, the letter that is facing up decides the fate.

NUN - nothing happens - next player spins the dreidel

GIMEL - player takes all tokens in the pot

HEY - player takes half of the pot

SHIN - player must put one token into the pot

Yay! A holiday contest!

Guys, I didn't get to submit the other contest idea to Laurel, so I'll wait to do it until there isn't another contest like the holiday one. Unless someone else wants to moderate and such?

This time I will submit something way before the deadline :)

Can you post again?

Laurel,
I did a story a few years ago about two wives getting together to make their husbands a Christmas video. It was posted ("Especially for Yule" 1 & 2) but not for any contest. Is it allowed to repost it for this contest?
Mike

Laurel ?

One of the guidelines states:

- Story must have a Winter Holiday theme.

and then you said:

A hot & sexy sunny Kiwi Holiday story would be a treat!

sorry but i am real thick this week (more so than normal weeks ;) )... i think i misunderstood... are you saying you want a hot story set in winter? lol - feel free to smack me over the back of the head eh ;)

Laurel: Am currently writing a story (didn't start it for this comp, was just writing) which is set mostly in a Christmas party. Is that Christmassy enough?

The Earl

I've submitted my first story for the Holiday Contest. Although I've been reading here on and off for at least a year I hadn't gone to the trouble of registering. (I just get tired of registering for websites).

Anyway, I'd be glad to read any constructive feedback. Anyone who wants to bash me in email will be ignored. I just don't have the time for that kind of junk.

Happy Holidays!

Laura

PS- For me it's Winter Solstice with Christmas on the side.

Why is it that this sticky has more than double the reads of the other one which has been there for much much longer?

The Earl

Just to ask for simple clarification if I submit a story based on the holiday season it has to be set in winter even though half the world would be experiencing summer.

I know you proberly just named it winter holidays to include everyone but since I have never even seen snow and the last few days here have been forty degrees, would it be ok to submit a story based on a summer theme with the same holidays included?

To clarify: the contest is about the end-of-the-year holiday season - not necessarily the winter season, if it isn't winter during the end of the year in your part of the world. For Aussies and others, the holiday season doesn't necessarily involve snow - so no, your story doesn't have to contain snow or cold weather.

It should contain elements of the holiday season - holiday parties, gift giving, celebrations, etc. In past years, we've received Naughty Santa stories, Channukah tales, stories involving snow & gifts, holiday party erotica, etc. It can involve cold weather and snow if appropriate.

The winter holidays are celebrated in various religions and beliefs, and much of the celebration is secular - so you don't have to base your story around a particular faith's celebration of it. It can be a Christmas story, or a Channukah story, or a story about gift-shopping or Santa or family gatherings or however the holidays are celebrated worldwide.

The best stories are those that aren't just erotic scenes that happen in December, but incorporate some aspect of the holidays or holiday mythology into the story. A sprig of mistletoe leads to... Santa comes down the chimney and is surprised by... She gives her husband very special, progressively sexier Channukah presents... Holiday seasonal family gathering leads to... I'm no writer, but that's the idea.

Good luck, everyone!

Merry Christmas

Hi there! Well, does a 'winter' holiday compeition exclude those of us in places like Australia where it is Fuck*n hot and steamy during Christmas? :confused:

Laurel, :rose: :rose: You deserve these,

For XXXX's sake tell those damn KIWI's AUSSIES and other inhabitants of the southern hemisphere it is a Christmas or whatever they celebrate in DECEMBER STORY.

They are all so bloody grumpy they must be overdosing on sunshine. :p :D :p

love ya all

jon:devil: :devil: :devil:

and for WSO:rose:

jon.hayworth said:
----consider jon's post quoted fully, the program wouldn't let me - too many images-----

and for WSO:rose:

are you swearing at me dear? what did i do this time? rofl

sunshine? man you wouldn't believe the heat here right now ;)

whew! *fanning myself* talk about hot stuff ;)

WSO wrote

sunshine? man you wouldn't believe the heat here right now

whew! *fanning myself* talk about hot stuff

:cool: If she is fanning herself I can tell everyone that she is sitting with a towel on her chair reading one of my stories :D

Love ya honey

jon:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :rose:

:)

Jon.Hayworth

It's pretty hard for us South Aussies not to be grumpy when we live in the driest state on the driest continent on earth.

Not only is it dry, it's also very bloody hot during the holiday (Christmas) season. Try a few days where the temperatures actually get into the forties with nights that don't fall below thirty.

Add to all that, the friendliest flys on the face of this planet and you'll realize why we all welcome Autumn. However, its a great land and I wouldn't change it for quids.

We're normally so great and friendly, just allow us to be grumpy during the summer months.

:heart: Luv ya all

Zorro Scamp

jon.hayworth said:
Laurel, :rose: :rose: You deserve these,

For XXXX's sake tell those damn KIWI's AUSSIES and other inhabitants of the southern hemisphere it is a Christmas or whatever they celebrate in DECEMBER STORY.

I know it's a cliche, but I seriously did just spit soda all over my desk. :D

(Thanks for the lovely roses. :) )

oh Laurel!!!!! you let him smooth talk you with roses!!!!! rofl

be thankful it wasn't a hot coffee dear ;)

now, just sticking up for my fellow Southern Hemispherians... can we be faulted for picking up the - Story must have a Winter Holiday theme and running with it?

;)

the only coldness i'm thinking of right now, is to do with ice and how much of it will fit in a glass.

Winter celebrations in different parts of the world

OK, so being the Swedish Viking that I am, I'll write a sexy story about the Mid-Winter Blood Sacrificial Feast, then...

wildsweetone said:
oh Laurel!!!!! you let him smooth talk you with roses!!!!! rofl

be thankful it wasn't a hot coffee dear ;)

LMAO! That would smart. hehe

Back