Brr! It's the Literotica Annual Winter Holidays Story Contest!

Laurel

Kitty Mama
Happy Holidays, Writers!

The holiday season is fast approaching, with Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, Christmas, Kwanzaa, New Years, and many other celebrations on the way. This means it's time for you to sharpen your cyberpencils and write that erotic holiday masterpiece!

We will accept entries starting November 10, and we will stop accepting contest entries on December 7. On December 14, we will announce the 3 winners. This contest will coexist with the usual monthly contest. Stories may only win one or the other, not both contests simultaneously.

All rules for the monthly contests are in place. The only exception to the rules is:

- A story has only to accrue 25 votes to be eligible, rather than the 50 required for the monthly contest.

The following guidelines also apply:

- All contest stories must be submitted via our online form. If you are a WebTV user or have difficulty with the form, follow the instructions here.

- Author must put the phrase "WINTER HOLIDAY STORY CONTEST 2004" in the "Notes" field of the submission for the story to count in the contest. If you don't put those words in the AUTHOR'S NOTES field, your story will not be entered.

- Story must have a winter holiday theme. Please don't just submit a normal story and throw in snowflakes and gingerbread. That would not be in the spirit of the contest, and readers & voters would probably punish you for your trickiness. ;)

Any story that meets the above criteria will be entered into the contest, and winners will be decided by reader input.

Important Note: Once your story is submitted, it may take 72 hours for it to be posted. We strongly suggest that you do not wait till the last day of the contest to submit your story. The sooner you submit, the better chance your story has of accruing the votes necessary to be eligible.

As always, any cheating will result in disqualification of the story. We reserve the right to disqualify any story/author for any reason at any time.

Good luck, and have fun! :)

I submitted my first (and perhaps only) entry this morning. I'll put the link in my sig when it's posted. Thanks to Bel, Colly, and Mat for the preliminary feedback!

We submitted the first part of a two part story just a few minutes ago. We've never written a two parter before, but this one was getting so long that we decided to go ahead and make it two...

Now all we have to do is finish the second part.

We've got to get busy, busy, busy.

The Start Line..................................

Is this the start line for the Indianaplois 500?
<snicker>

I'm in...submitted and working on number two...
....Rotic the literotica elf...
at the starting gate...

It's up (and off to an underwhelming start in the voting):

The Seven (Personification of principles)

I'm going to try to stay on top of the reading!

impressive said:
Did you intentionally leave the PCs off? Will wait to vote, just in case.

yes, I prefer pvt feedback. that way I can ignore the obvious nuts, dialogue directkly with the sane readers, ratherthan sharing with everyone.

sirhugs said:
yes, I prefer pvt feedback. that way I can ignore the obvious nuts, dialogue directkly with the sane readers, ratherthan sharing with everyone.

Understood. I will send e-mail as soon as Lit lets me. Don't know what the problem is, but I find it quite aggravating.

I have noticed that my e-mail feedback has all but ceased since I turned on PCs. I'm still trying to decide how I feel about that -- since the PCs are feel good kinda things.

This is my first "planned-story-for-a-contest." I am always amazed at how many people read my stories but don't actually vote! Of course, I'm guilty of doing the same thing, as well as so many other things too naughty to confess. I hope everyone has the happiest of holidays in the bosom of their families...just like Rob and Rory in After Midnight.

another entry

I'm at it again----Christmas Presence----which I stuck in Erotic Couplings although I was tempted by Satire and Humor. Let me know what you think!:kiss:

Fairly new to the site and still figuring it all out! Can a poem be submitted for the holiday contests?

logophile said:
Fairly new to the site and still figuring it all out! Can a poem be submitted for the holiday contests?

VB broached the same question. The consensus is that yes, it can be -- IF over the 750 word minimum and IF it is submitted in a story category.

HTH,

Oh, right! The 750 word minimum might be a problem with a poem! Yikes. Thanks for the clarification!

I don't know if I broached it, but another question that I asked was whether all the Winter Holiday Contest stories will be gathered together in a special category, at least, during the contest?

Some entries do not have anything especially Holidayish in the title, and might easily get lost. The ones that have Santa or Christmas in them are easier for the readers to pick out as contestants.

In any case, Shopper's Orgy; or, The Saturnalia Before Christmas was added this morning (11/13/04)

The url is in my sig. ;) Plug! Plug! :eek:

Damn, I was not even contemplating a story for the contest as I signed up for NaNoWriMo. But this story came tumbling out.

:rolleyes:

VB, the stories are all gathered under the link of the Contest on the homepage.

My story is in my sig.

:D

I'm a newbie and thought it would be fun to enter the contest. I don't have much experience writing stories but i have two that i want to try.

The first is fantasy/romance about Jack Frost, the "Frost Knight" and how an innocent madien melted his frosted heart.

The second (non-erotic) is a true story about a friend who always wanted to be a winter bride, just when she thought her dreams were coming true she lost her love. Now, 3 years later she has found love again and is going to have that winter wedding of her dreams.

Well, tell me if you think either one will fly. Thanks.

Aine(fairysong)

fairysong,

If you want to write, do it.
There's no telling what 'the public' will like and what not.
Honest, when you think you have written something very beautiful you'll get lousy votes and something that was slapped together in no time at all will get unbelievable praise.

Do what feels right for you. Heck, you can even enter two stories.

:eek:

You won't be the first, nor the last to do that.

Main thing: have fun. Oh, and welcome.
I like your name.

:D

I agree with BT. Just want to add that you should expect the non-erotic one to get relatively few views, but hopefully the 'right' audience.

Black Tulip,

I think I will do the contest. I already have one story written and the other I will begin shortly. I really want to do the non-erotic one as a Toast to a lovely Lady and my best friend.
I will not worry about what the public likes, as you said I will do what feels right to me.
I am glad you like my name. There is an obscure Irish legend about a fairy who seduced mortal men with her song. She kept on singing until those who merely lusted after her tired and her true love remained.
Thanks for your advice, and the welcome.

Aine(fairysong)

sirhugs said:
I agree with BT. Just want to add that you should expect the non-erotic one to get relatively few views, but hopefully the 'right' audience.

Hi there sirhugs!

Thanks for the warning, now I'll know what to expect or what not to expect. I just plan on having fun while writing that non-erotic story; it is more of a present to a friend. I know that she will check it out and if I can make her smile then my job is done.

Thanks again.

Aine(fairysong)

Back