26DD vs. 36B

Story Info
A quick note on bra sizes.
534 words
466.4k
103
80
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Just a quick note on describing breast sizes for male (and, it seems, a few female) writers:

When describing a character in a story, the more details you can throw in the better. We don't want to know that a girl has nice tits, we want to know how high they sit, what shape they are, what colour the skin is, what colour the nipples are, what they smell and taste like, and how big they are – which brings me to my main point.

"Her breasts were small/medium/large/grotesquely over-proportioned" simply does not cut it if you want your reader to visualise them. The easiest way to put a size on a pair of mammaries is to put a bra size on them.

This sounds easy enough, but when you consider that most male writers do not actually own a pair (or bras to put them in), it is easy to understand how so many people fuck this up.

A bra size consists of:

A NUMBER

The number is the underbust measurement – the distance around the ribcage DIRECTLY BELOW the breasts. This number has NO bearing on actual breast size. In American sizing, this is in inches, whereas Australasian sizing is simplified to dress size (eg someone with an underbust measurement of 28 inches is around a size 8, 32inches is approximately a size 12, etc)

A LETTER

The letter is the size of the actual cup, and therefore the breast itself. 'AA' is the smallest cup size (to my knowledge) and fits a very small breast. A 'B' (my personal favourite) is the kind of breast which fits snugly in a medium-sized (male) hand, 'C' is where we start getting big enough to require a bra to keep the breasts sitting above their southern border. After that, a double letter generally means a half size, so a 'D' cup is big, 'DD' is slightly bigger, 'E' pretty huge, 'EE' even more so, and after that we're into custom-made territory. Please note that it is not very likely that you know many girls with breasts bigger than a 'DD' or 'E' – although my flatmate (roommate) happens to own a very natural pair of 30HH's. We've dubbed her bras the kissing hats (you can fit your whole head in each of the cups, if you can't figure it out from there you don't deserve to)

So lets put them together. A girl who wears a size 28DD bra is slim with very big knockers, whereas one who wears a size 36B would be quite 'big boned' but with fairly unsubstantial breasts.

Please do not be tempted to increase the number to imply larger breasts – you are simply making your heroine fatter, which can be especially confusing if you have already described her as slim. Also, please do not feel that your heroine needs giant hooters to get herself into a quality piece of erotic fiction (a mistake girls especially make). Go with what turns you on personally – you'd be surprised how many people think just like you – and keep in mind that a study of Playboy centrefolds has shown a distinct decrease in dimensions of featured breasts over the years.

  • COMMENTS
80 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
I must apologize for all the idiots around here...

I must apologize for all the idiots that must think you are in the US.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
The actuality of bra measuring...

Anyone who has been to a specialty bra store...not just a lingerie shop such as Victoria's Secret, but one that sells bras, specifically, can tell you that your article is slightly incomplete.....

Bra size is determined by 2 measurements.

The first measurement is taken beneath the breasts, around the largest part of the non-breast occupied rib cage. This yields a number such as 31 inches. Now you must add 5 inches to that number. 31 + 5 = 36. This is the number portion of the bra that you will purchase.

Now measure around the fullest part of the breasts, normally across the nipples and around the back. Let's say the measurement is 39. Now subtract the first from the second, 39 - 36 = 3. You will need this value to determine cup size.

Half inch = AA

One inch = A

Two inches = B

Three inches = C

Four inches = D

Five inches = DD or E

Six inches = F

Seven inches = G

Therefore, if the first measurement is 31, and the second is 39, you will purchase a size 36C bra.

This is important information because it means that a girl wearing a 36C bra actually only has a rib cage measuring 31 inches, and is obviously NOT big boned. 34-38 are the most common band sizes for bras in the US...These women have chests measuring 29-33 inches. Incidentially, if one recieves an odd number after adding 5 inches, such as 33 or 35, it is suggested by most manufacturers that they move up to the next available even number (i.e. 34 or 36).

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Tit size doesnt make or break a story

I am quite content if the woman is described for example as having an hour glass shaped body and a generous cleavage.

being penible about breast size is not what makes or breaks a story, and to be honest, five paragraphs describing a person's appearance before the plot kicks off is quite tedious and boring.

WHat most authors need to learn is that the character oof a figure and what they actually do in the story is what makes the difference at the end of the day. WHether the female character looks like my girlfriend, my neighbor, my sis, my sis in law is all just secondary.

A boring story is still boring, whether the female has creamy, double D breasts, that stand out like two proud mountains and are crowned by thumb sized, pink nipples or small, tennis ball sized ones with big, round aereola or whatever. Develop your plots and your characters better. Every reader knows what tits look like, and more importantly, what type of tits they like.

And honestly, I would rather have a sag in the breasts than a sag in a lame ass story.

Let the reader fill in the details. I mean, after all, most stories on Lit are about women with thick breasts and men with huge cocks. DOnt get lost in the details son.

You sound like someone who is very petty about tit sizes. My suggestion is go watch porn and satisfy your craving for tit sizes.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Thank youu!

Thank youu! Finally someone who knows what they're talking about...its a common mistake to make, bra sizes but hopefully not anymore. Btw the smallest size bra they actually sell is 28AAA which isnt really worth wearing but still exsists. Oh and...bra sizes are interchangeable. for example, 38C can also be a 36D (not sure if thats always right but it works for me when i get my bras):)

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
I agree

Thanks for all your suggestions, i hate stories that are like "her breasts were soo big" blah blah blah. But be careful to follow your own logic. I'm 5'2, 118 and a 36B. I was told at Victorias Secret that theirs no difference between cup size between a 34C and a 36B.

Show More
Share this Story

Similar Stories

'Real' Fiction General tips on how to make your stories 'real'.in How To
10 Easy Steps to Getting Laid ...or how to get someone to sleep with you.in How To
A Beginner's Guide to Dominating her First time Topping: how to start off right.in How To
7 Tips To GETTING Good Head How to get your girlfriend to love giving head.in How To
5-Minute Orgasm, For Ladies You want it, he's not in the mood.in How To
More Stories