A Best Man's Duties Pt. 01

Story Info
The work a Best Man has to do.
2.6k words
4.19
40.1k
14
0

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 07/20/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Hi, my name is Rick and this is my experience being a best man for a wedding. I describe the hell of lot of work it is to be a best man. Lastly I describe a strip poker game that I played a couple of years before this story really gets started.

Steve and I have known each other since high school. We also roomed together in college. I took Computer Science and he took an Arts degree. We were always playing jokes on each other and in college we were stealing each other's girl friends.

Steve and Lori have been living together as this story begins for about five years. I have known Lori for about seven years. Here goes:

A year ago, they announced their engagement. Steve asked me to be his best man and I accepted without knowing what I was getting into.

Steve and Lori were away on a pre-wedding holiday to Cuba that they called a minimoon. Lori was getting panicked about the arrangements and Steve thought a holiday was just the thing to relax her. I was looking after his cat at their place. "Sure, pick on the computer geek who has nothing better to do at home." I thought. As the wedding date started to get close I started to look into my duties.

I got this off a website:

Help the groom choose tuxes.

Organize groomsmens' fittings.

Keep everything on schedule.

Plan and give the bachelor party.

Keep track of who's invited, who's coming, where everyone will stay, and what activities will take place.

Stay on top of the costs, making sure each attendee pays his share.

Help arrange wedding accommodations for out-of-town groomsmen.

Organize a groomsmens' gift for the groom.

Keep groomsmen apprised of any changes in scheduling.

Shortly Before the Wedding Day

Organize the couple's departure from the reception.

If they or you will drive, consider decorating the getaway car (tastefully); otherwise, arrange and confirm a limo or other transportation.

Confirm honeymoon travel reservations, if the groom wishes.

At the Rehearsal and Rehearsal Dinner

Attend the rehearsal.

And pay attention—you may need to help others remember their places and schedules later.

Organize who will be giving toasts at dinner.

Set the order.

Give the second toast, after the father of the groom (if the groom's parents have paid for the dinner).

Or, if he is not speaking, give the first toast.

At Home, on the Wedding Day

Help the groom get dressed.

Get any payments for the wedding officiant, musicians, or other participants from the groom.

Have him put the payments in individual sealed envelopes with each recipient's name on one.

Take charge of the wedding ring(s).

Stow them somewhere safe (like your vest pocket).

Make sure the groom has the marriage license with him.

And get him to the wedding venue on time.

At the Ceremony

Take a head count.

Make sure all groomsmen are there on time, dressed appropriately, and ready to seat guests, if they are ushering.

Make sure all groomsmen have boutonnieres, if using, attached properly to their lapels.

Get help from the florist or wedding coordinator, if necessary.

If there is a ring bearer, check in to make sure the child knows what he needs to do.

Attach the rings to the pillow.

Stand by the groom's side while waiting for the ceremony to start.

Hand the groom the ring(s) if there is no ring bearer.

Escort the maid of honor down the aisle when the ceremony concludes.

Then return to escort the mother of the bride.

After the Ceremony

Deliver the fee envelope(s) in private to the officiant and any others.

Sign the marriage license as an official witness.

Drive the couple to the reception if there is no limo.

At the Reception

Act as a host.

Welcome guests, mingle, and make introductions.

Organize groomsmen for formal photographs.

Organize who'll be giving toasts.

Determine the order—and give the first toast.

Dance with the bride and the maid of honor.

You might expect to dance with the mothers of the bride and the groom also.

Help the groom change into honeymoon clothes, if the couple is leaving directly from the reception.

Take charge of the groom's tux and return it or have it cleaned.

Take charge of gift envelopes to hold until the couple's return.

Have either the decorated car (with the couple's luggage stowed inside) or a limo waiting to take the newlyweds from the reception.

I was starting to get nervous!

Two weeks later I was looking after Steve's cat again. He was out of town on business. Lori was busy with preparations and was staying out of town with her Mom for awhile. Her Mom was helping with the arrangements.

Steve and I had gone over who to invite to the bachelor party. I had the list and decided to use his phone to call and invite everyone. That way they would be more likely to answer than if they didn't recognize my number. From Steve's side of the family there was his dad, his brother, his 60 year old uncle, and two friends of his. From her side of the family were two brothers, and her dad.

Lori had vetoed any stripper at the party. I was determined to have at least some porn at the party. I was a little worried about what everybody would say about the porn especially her dad. Steve had assured me that he had spent quite a bit of time with him and her two brothers on a hunting trip and he knew none of them would have any trouble with porn. He said "Those three were always commenting about other women and their tits when they weren't looking. The guys on my side of the family have been to bachelor parties before and know the score."

Just to be on the safe side I told everybody about the porn when I invited them and nobody had any problem. That was a relief.

I remembered the conversation I had with Lori about the party.

"How about a hooker?" I laughed.

"No!" she said.

Lori and I had kidded each other for years. Lori will make a beautiful bride.

I looked over at the rug in front of the fireplace and thought back about two years ago, about a year before Steve and Lori were engaged.

It was a Friday night and the three of us had just gotten back from a movie. The night was young and we got out the Crown Royal whiskey and kept chatting. The three of us were feeling no pain when Steve got out a deck of cards.

"How about some five card stud?" Steve said.

"That's boring." Lori exclaimed

"Well what do you want to play?" I asked.

"How about some strip poker?" she smirked.

Now this was getting interesting! I thought. She never could hold her liquor.

"Lori, why don't I get you some coffee." Steve said.

"Don't treat me like a child!" she huffed. Steve knew when to quit.

"Lori let me get you another drink" I said. I came back with a drink I mixed double strength.

Steve was giving me the evil eye.

Lori ran into the bedroom and got changed. She came out wearing a thin red nightgown. I could see the red bra and panties clearly through the material. She was also wearing some black nylons. She lifted the nightgown slightly and showed us the red garter she had on.

"Ha!" she giggled. "See, everything matches. I have more on than you two. I will win."

This was making me hot and I wanted to see how far she would go.

"Lori, you don't have to strip all the way! You can quit any time you like." steve coaxed her.

"OK."

We played five card draw without the chips. I don't remember what each hand was anymore or exactly who won when but this should be close:

Lori won the first hand.

"Off with a sock Rick!" she smiled

Steve won the next hand and picked on me to take off another sock.I won the next hand and asked Lori to take off her garter. She stood up and did a sexy dance before throwing it to me.

"Can I keep it?" I asked

She only smiled at me and didn't answer.

Steve won the next hand and told me to take off my shirt. Lori smiled again.

I won again and told Lori to take off one of her nylons. She got up and danced around again and sat on a chair to slowly roll off a nylon. Lori won the next hand and took pity on me. She asked Steve to take off a sock.

"Stop picking on Rick!" she scolded Steve.

"He's picking on you!" Steve cried.

"We've known Rick for years. He wouldn't do that!" Lori won and had Steve take off another sock.

I won the next hand and made her take off her other nylon. She again danced around and sat down in a chair to roll off the nylon. I was enjoying the leg action very much.

Steve won and started looking at me but thought the better of it. He reluctantly told Lori to take off the nightgown. She stood up and seductively rotated her hips while pulling the nightgown over her head. She turned around a couple of times so we could get a good look. She was left in what looked like a Victoria Secret bra and panties. The panties definitely said Victoria Secret around the top elastic.

"Let me get you another drink Lori." I said.

"You aren't getting me any drinks" complained Steve.

I ignored him and came back with her drink. "You look amazing Lori!" I panted.

"Thanks, a girl likes to hear that every now and then."

"You can quit now Lori!" Steve said.

"Well maybe just one more hand." I could tell that she was getting very drunk as she was slurring her speech.

Lori won the hand and had Steve take off his shirt. "See, my luck is changing, I can't quit now."

I won the next hand and asked her to take off her bra. This was the moment of truth. I wondered whether she would do it. Steve had this shocked look on his face. She stood up and turned her back to us and unclipped the back of the bra. She turned back to us holding the bra up against her tits. She eventually dropped the bra while covering her tits with her hands.

"You can't hold your hands up like that while you play the next hand" I said.

She saw the wisdom of this and dropped the bra to the ground. Steve still had this shocked look on his face. "My god those are nice tits! Look at those gorgeous nipples." I could tell she was excited because those nipples were huge.

"Rick! don't say that!" he scowled.

"Well, they are!"

"I know that."

"What size are those tits?" I said as I picked up her bra and read the tag.

"Bust size 38 with a C cup" I proudly announced.

"I was hoping to keep that a secret" Steve groaned.

"Let's go again" Lori said.

Steve won this round and had me take off my pants. My cock was standing at attention in my shorts now.

Lori won the next hand and said to me "Off with the shorts."

I gladly took them off. My cock was much too uncomfortable in there.

"Wow!" Lori said, "I didn't know cocks were so different! Steve's cock is circumcised, but yours isn't and yours points slightly upwards."

With this she moved out her hand to grab my cock. Steve slapped her hand and said "Stop that Lori, you don't know where that thing has been!"

She moved above it and got a good look while I was observing her tits hanging down.

"Rick is out so we can quit now." Steve happily proclaimed.

"You and I can still play" she said

"I don't want to play anymore" he said.

"Me neither so I guess I have to forfeit." She then stood up and slowly took off her lacy panties. She did a slow spin to show her ass. This was a dream come true for me. I had known Lori for years and had undressed her with my eyes many times. I now knew what she looked like under those clothes and it was great.

With the alcohol talking i said "Great ass! That is the nicest cunt I have ever seen! Look at those lips!"

"You think so?" she said while sitting down opposite me cross legged and rolling on her ass so that I had a better look at her cunt.

"No doubt about it!" I proclaimed. Steve sat quietly with a stunned look on his face. He knew when he was beaten.

"I was planning on getting a tattoo of a heart above it." she explained

"Where?" I leaned in for a closer look. She pointed to a spot just above her cunt and I said "Don't do it!"

"I was also thinking of getting a flower tattoo around my nipples." she explained further. I leaned in again for a closer look.

"Don't you like tattoos?" she asked.

"No actually I don't! They mess with the natural color and are permanent. Why mess with perfection?" I was still probably a foot away from her tits, studying them closely when she said while slurring her words:

"Hey!, wait a minute." I thought I was in for it now.

"Are you sure you don't need glasses?" I relaxed.

"You know you are right. I never realized that till now! Thanks for pointing that out."

"No problem." she giggled.

At this point she started leaning her head back and would have fallen over backward if Steve hadn't caught her.

"I don't feel so good."

"I think it is time for bed." Steve said as he helped her to the bedroom. When he returned he gave me an angry look and told me that this wasn't over. I was too drunk to go home so I slept on the couch.

The next morning late, I was surprised to see Lori up and about. She was holding her head and as a good hostess she was making us breakfast.

"What did we do last night? I remember that we had planned to go to the movies, and I remember holding a hand of cards so we must have played cards. I have some other odd memories that were probably dreams."

"We went to the movie and then came home and were shooting the shit. We polished off all our Crown Royal and then started playing cards. You were too tired by that point and went to bed while we played." Steve said sounding a little relieved.

"That explains things" she laughed.

I was checking out Lori more than once when she was looking away and Steve was giving me a dirty look. After breakfast I said my goodbyes and headed for the door.

"I will walk him out" said Steve sounding a little irritated.

"Why the fuck are you checking her out?" I could tell jealousy was setting in.

"I am not dead yet you know! You two aren't even engaged."

"We have been living together for three years!"

"I rest my case." Just to rile him up even more(old habits die hard)I said "Now whenever I see Lori I won't have to use my imagination anymore. I will know what she looks like completely nude!" I ran for the door.

That was two years ago. "That is something I will never forget!" I thought with a smile on my face.

End of Part I