A Cautious Trust

Story Info
A cautious man discovers a new love.
3.4k words
3.96
12.3k
4
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

By: Bernard Farwell

Summary: An older man finds love with a younger woman in an office that turns into heartbreak when their black boss sends him away for a few months.

I am Bernard Purple, I am 28 and I am a computer junkie who works in an office in the mail room. I am 5'10, 150lbs with brown eyes & long brown hair to the middle of my back. I had a moderate amount of muscle (I worked out only once a week) with an angular face and squarish jaw, pointed chin with a goatee. My birthday is May 2nd and I am a calm, passive, anxious and a clumsy person who's slightly slower in the head than my peers (though I did not lack in intelligence and common sense). My boss, Jason who is black hired me just recently to work in the mailroom.

Soon after working there, I first met Kathryne in the HR part of the building while delivering mail on the first day. Kathryne was younger than me by a few years at 21 years old. Kathryne had long thick light brown hair and dark green eyes at 5'. She preferred the name Kate, but just to rile her up I'd call her Kathryne instead. She had a thicker body, a great butt with a C cup chest. She also had very thick, utterly smooth legs & thighs that instantly attracted me. Her face was angular like mine but her chin was more pointed and she looked like an enchanting mermaid. What attracted me the most (and ignoring her crutch that she was using) was her wonderful smile the first day I introduced myself. She had such big beautiful lips and her face was just so enchanting when she smiled at me. Just her smile took my breath away.

Where was I? Oh yes. The first day I met Kathryne was on the 2nd floor. I was delivering the mail as normal (it's not a big office with only 3 floors) my first day there I just had to be clumsy in her presence.

I had just dropped the mail on her desk and turned around, ready to start walking again when I caught sight of the most beautiful woman I'd ever seen walking over to her desk towards me and my foot caught the desk. I fell onto my chest on top of the trash can with an "oomph" as my head smacked into the floor and I groaned in pain. Kathryne gasped and clasped her hands over her mouth as I rolled over, blinking dazedly up at her with my head, seeing stars.

She stared in horror as she watched me slowly sit up and ask in a worried voice.

"Are you okay?! Oh my god!"

I could only stare up at her with my mouth hanging open and I looked around the room, but no one seemed to be paying attention. After a couple of moments of silence my brain finally rebooted itself and I said the first cheesy thing that I could think of in a dazed, weak voice after staring into her lovely eyes.

"I think so. But I think your enchanting and alluring beautiful face just broke my brain, it went into meltdown and rebooted itself just now." After realizing I said that, she started to giggle loudly and smiled down at me rather charmingly as I slowly picked myself up off of the floor and blushed heavily under her stare as I opened and closed my mouth a couple times before closing it with a click and swallowing nervously. I did not expect her hand to reach up and touch my cheek where a bruise was starting to form, I didn't flinch as a shock of electricity shot through me and made me shiver.

"Awww, well aren't you a shy charmer! And quite handsome!" She pulled her hand away from my cheek as I blushed harder and stuttered a bit before I cleared my throat. Her eyes sparkled in amusement at my awkward behavior and introduced herself first as my brain continued to reboot itself and she stuck her hand out in greeting.

"My name is Kathryne," I blinked as her voice came out with some distaste on her name, "But I prefer Kate." Grabbing her soft hand in my larger smooth hand, I dip my head while keeping eye contact with her and bring my lips down to gently kiss her knuckles.

"It is my pleasure to meet you, Miss Kate," I smile awkwardly and scratch my head with my other hand and continue, "My name's Bernard. I'd better get back to work."

Kathryne grins at me fully and I suck in a breath as her smile instantly brings warmth to my chest and she caresses my cheek again, making me blush again and stutter out a croaked "Bye!" before running off back down to the mailroom to sit in my chair in utter amazement of her charming beauty. The rest of the day I couldn't keep her smile out of my head and my brain was on a permanent repeating reboot.

The next morning at 8am while I was busy sorting the mail from carts, I heard the door open and close to the hallway and soon enough turned around to face Kathryne in front of my mailroom door. Kathryne smiled at me fully showing off her teeth as she greeted me with her charming voice.

"Good morning, Bernard!" I blushed heavily at her stare and the subtle purr she put into her voice. As oblivious as I was with women and their flirting most days, Kathryne made it very clear she was already coming onto me and I felt completely flattered. I quickly made my way over to the door, smiling as I nearly trip over myself and curse along the way while Kathryne giggled at my obvious awkwardness. I grin at her feeling rather silly for feeling like a teenager around this woman.

"Good morning Kate. You know you don't have to come to this dungeon to grab your mail."

Katie smiles at me warmly and her eyes continue to sparkle, mesmerizing me as I rush back to grab her mail before zipping back.

"Oh, I know. And thank you, Bernard. I just came down here to wish the new handsome mailman a good morning."

I blushed yet again as our eyes connected and I found myself lost in them. I stutter my response, clearly not used to being so heavily flirted with.

"T-thanks. Y-you too." Kathryne smiled again and soon started walking away as her crutch clacked against the tiles, not knowing she heard my response as I mutter to myself darkly.

"Oh that was a great quip! Why did I have to say something so lame? Fucking stupid." Kathryne frowned as she walked away back to work.

The next day I walked into work a couple minutes late to find a folded note stuck inside the crack of my door. Suddenly feeling butterflies, I grab it and open it quickly and my eyes widened when I read the words.

Don't be so hard on yourself, Bernard. It was nice.

Feeling my heart beat faster, my fingers tremble as I slip it into my pocket. An hour later I start delivering the mail, saving Kathryne's for last. As I sidled up next to her in her cubicle I had to swallow forcefully as she was wearing some very revealing clothing, showing off a rather nice amount of cleavage; her perky breasts pushing against the fabric and she wore some shorts that barely passed a couple inches down her thighs. I felt myself start to get really hard, feeling relief that I was wearing baggy pants; surely she would have seen the large lump down my thigh. Kathryne stood up from her desk and walked over to me as I yet again almost trip over something, catching myself in time while she greeted me warmly.

"Good morning, Bernard. I hope your bruise is feeling better?"

I blush as her sensual voice fills my ears with her concern and she smiles at me. My hands fiddle with her mail nervously as I look into her eyes. I curse my stupid stutter in my head.

"G-good morning, K-Kate. I am doing fine, thanks."

My hand trembles with the slightest amount as I hand her her mail. She smiles at me before I say a haste "see you later" and walk back to the mailroom. As I disappear, another older woman pops her head up from her own place and looks down at Kathryne with a humored smirk.

"Looks like you got another one that's already infatuated with you. It's a good thing this one's at least an eight on the scale, honey. The poor boy can barely speak around you. His mind turned to mush."

She and Kathryne both laughed at my awkwardness. Joanna gave Kathryne a look.

"I get the feeling that he's a very cautious person with the way he acts. He's pretty shy, be careful with this one, darling. I know that men just seem to be charmed by you unwittingly and very quickly."

Kathryne smiled modestly and blushed just faintly.

"I know Joanna, I can't help it. Men just flock to me. This one feels different. I can see it, too."

Her friend smiled marginally and shrugged.

"He doesn't seem to be used to women coming onto him just as you did. It won't be long before he's spilling the beans and the drama ensues."

Kathryne scoffs and says in return after pulling her hair behind her ear.

"I don't think it'll be that bad, Joanna. He just seems nervous to me."

Joanna laughed and gripped the cubicle.

"No, I don't expect it to be that bad. And besides, did you see how he was hiding something?"

Kathryne looked up at Joanna with a little mirth and said glibly,

"Maybe he has a problem hiding it in tight pants."

Joanna laughed and ducked back into her cubicle and Kathryne sighed dreamily as she sat in her chair, daydreaming.

At the end of the that day of work, I hurried to my motorcycle in my black leather outfit of a leather jacket, pants and gloves. After only a 30 minute drive on my Harley, I was at home. I sighed happily as my 2 year old black cat Rumples came running up to me and rubbing against my ankles, purring. I pick up my cat and carry him to the kitchen where I feed him and let him eat his food on the floor. After I am done feeding my cat, I make some food for myself, then go to bed after being on my computer for a couple hours before I went to bed.

A couple of days pass as Kathryne continues her new habit of talking to me in the early morning. Making small talk and flirting with me, I became more comfortable in her presence as I realized how easy it was to get along with her easy going nature. The second day I had started to flirt back with a little more confidence and started to immediately like her goofy personality. The third day when she walked to my mailroom and we both said our hellos, I surprised her for the first time by immediately asking her out for dinner that night in a hesitant voice.

Kathryne grinned at me and I blushed marginally at her stunning smile as she agrees to go at the same time. My day went as normal as they do and at the end of the day I was feeling rather nervous when I met Kathryne in the parking lot. We smiled at each other and stared at each other's eyes for a moment as we were the last to leave work. Kathryne surprised me by hugging me and kissing my cheek before she got into her car and waved goodbye. I stood there for a moment with my hand on my cheek while my eyes watched her leave, completely stunned. After a few moments I rode home on my Harley to get ready for the evening.

At 5pm, I called a friend to set up a romantic dinner place.

Near the 7pm time, I stood in front of my full length mirror in a dark grey polo shirt and black slacks with my hair braided down my back and I grinned nervously to myself in the mirror; smoothing my shirt, I mutter to myself about not doing anything foolish. I took a deep breath and muttered again,

"She likes laughter, make her laugh, dumbass!" Taking another breath, I let it out noisily before I leave the house and ride my Harley over to Kathryne's house.

When I got to her house, I got off my Harley and put my helmet away. I stopped at the beginning of the sidewalk and looked at the house. It was a normal house made out of wood with a chimney. I saw the curtain move and slowly made my way up to the door. Closing my eyes, I raised my hand to knock and opened my eyes to the door opening and Kathryne stood there in a v-neck green form fitting dress. I dropped my hand at my side and stared at her in wonder with my jaw hanging open.

Kathryne smiled at me beautifully as I stood there staring in a shocked stupor. She reached up and gently closed my chin with a quiet clack and I swallowed as her hand left a hot electric shock on my chin and I croaked out a nervous "Hello."

Quickly shaking off the fuzz in my brain, I grab her hand and lower my lips to her knuckles with a kiss, earning another smile as I talk in a husky voice,

"It is a pleasure to see you again, beautiful maiden of the sea."

Kathryne laughed and it was intoxicating. She smiled her wonderful smile again and my heart melted all over again, letting her hand go.

"Hello handsome. You look very nice! Now tell me, where are we going?"

I grin at her and stare into her beautiful eyes, her hair spilling down her back in waves like water. I gather my wits again and reply in kind,

"I have something special planned. But I think since you're wearing a dress, we should take your car."

Kathryne smiled and nodded, pulling her keys from her purse and thrusts the keys into my hands before she started walking towards her old Nissan. I unlock her door first and let her in, thus earning another thankful smile and we're both soon off towards my house where I had my friend set up our dinner date.

Parking at the curb of my house, I turn off the car and hurry around to the other side to help her out of the car with a smile, earning a kiss on my cheek and a demurred "Thank you, Bernie."

I blushed a bright red again and just grinned, letting her hold my elbow as I escort her to my darkened house. Unlocking my door, I let her into my modest 1 bedroom house I was renting into a darkened living room that was only lit up by a hundred candles around the living room with the lights set to low. Kathryne gasped and gaped at me as I surprised her for the second time. I could only grin at her expression.

"You did all this for me, Bernie? I'm flattered." I blush only slightly this time and I shrugged.

"I asked a friend to set this up for me, I must admit that I forgot to ask you where we should go for dinner, so I called a friend for help and she did this for me." Kathryne smirked at me and laughed openly, her laugh sending a pleasant shudder down my front into my crotch and she smiled at me coyly,

"What's the matter? You sound like you've never been on a date before." She teased me good naturally with a sweet smile.

I started to blush harder and I looked away in embarrassment while my fingers played with each other; a habit I formed when I felt nervous or anxious. I opened and closed my mouth a couple times, swallowing as she watched me silently for a moment and I could feel her eyes watching me intently. After a couple moments of my silence, Kathryne grabbed my chin in her delicate fingers and pulled my face towards hers and I was astonished to see her eyes showing concern. It filled me with a warmth I've never felt before and she asked me in a soft voice,

"Bernie?"

Feeling my face heat up even hotter, I could only stutter and stare at the bridge of her nose, forcing my sentence out in a rush as I felt the need to confess to her beautiful eyes.

"I've-never-been-on-a-date-before."

Her eyes widened in astonishment and her jaw slackened and I continued to babble thoughtlessly,

"W-women tended to not like my nervous b-behavior and my forgetful attitude-" I was interrupted with her finger against my lips and her compassionate voice,

"Then they didn't deserve a guy like you, Bernie! Forget about those cows. I won't do that with you, okay?"

Her fingers touched my jaw and chin in a soft caress and I shuddered at her touch again and I could only nod silently as we both sat at the dinner table with plates of food. After we sat, I started to really relax as I listened to her soft voice talking to me while we ate our food. I started to open up to her more as time passed onto 8pm and we were both laughing and telling funny stories to each other. From 8 to 10 we swapped embarrassing stories of each other as kids and what felt all too soon it was 10 and we were both standing outside of her house.

I stand in front of her and put my hands on her shoulders, staring down at her and I smile, grabbing her cheek and part of her lower jaw with my palm and fingers, I caress her smooth porcelain skin.

"I've had a wonderful time with you Kathryne, I want to see you again."

I saw her eyes flash in slight annoyance with her full name, but her voice stayed sensual and sweet.

"I did, too, Bernie. Let's do this again."

Grabbing both of her cheeks in my palms, I kiss her big full lips with my own thick lips and Kathryne melts against me as I hold her against me tightly. Rubbing her sides with my hands, I unknowingly find one of her weak spots as she shivers under me; our lips and tongues slowly devouring each other in a passionate kiss that I've never felt before.

After what felt an eternity, ten minutes later we stopped; panting for breath. I could see in her eyes the same feeling I was feeling at that same moment. I pulled away and grinned fully while she returned the smile.

"Wow doesn't seem to fit."

Our eyes widened as we both realized that we said the same thing, and we both started to laugh uproariously for a couple minutes. Then we hugged and started to kiss again, much more slowly as we got lost again for a moment. I pulled away again and grinned.

"Definitely again. I'll see you at work tomorrow?"

Kathryne smiled and pushed her light brown hair behind her ear as I kissed her sweetly again, earning a loud sigh when I sucked on her big lips playfully. She pushed me away with a large smile and I couldn't help but be mesmerised with her lovely lips stretched into that happy smile I liked so much. Caressing her lower back and earning a small shudder when I rubbed her sides next.

Reluctantly letting her go, I turned and climbed back onto my bike and Kathryne followed. Kissing one last time that turned into another small make out session had her giggling at the end.

"Good night, handsome."

She caressed my cheeks one last time and kissed my cheek before she limped up to her house and went inside. I sat there stunned for a moment as our amazing kiss echoed into my head. Dazedly turning on my bike, I ride home and go to bed with a dopey grin on my face while my black cat sleeps at my feet.