A Change of Heart

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

* * * * *

Steve arrived promptly at the hotel, eager for his meeting with her, and presented himself at the desk.

"I'm sorry sir, we have no reservation in that name."

"Don't be daft, she made it ages ago. My tux is being delivered here, I'm meeting her here and staying with her. There's a car organised to take us to the book launch later. Check again."

"I have checked again, sir. We do not now, nor have we ever had a reservation in that name. Is there anything else I can do for you sir? Would you like to book a room, or shall I ask a doorman to call a cab for you?" Steve was confused. He had the printout in his hand, she had reserved the room at this hotel, he was to be here no later than now, and here he was, bag in hand, but no her. What on earth had happened? He took his mobile out of his pocket and under the sneering gaze of the hotel staff dialled the number he knew by heart.

"I'm sorry, that number is unavailable." He tried another number. "Sorry, the mobile phone you're trying to reach is no longer available." This was getting stupid. He knew the name of her agent, and so he called the office, hoping to speak to someone, but they had already left, getting everything ready for the party that night. He asked the secretary if she could tell him where it was being held, but she said she wasn't free to give out information, although she could put him through to a press officer if he needed it. He thanked her and declined, turning back to the reception desk.

"Look, do you have any records of cancelled reservations at all?"

"No, sir, we don't."

"And there's no message for me?"

"One moment sir, and I'll check, what was the name again?" He gave his full name as the man turned to the pigeon holes behind the desk to search for messages, finding one and turning back.

"It would appear this is for you, sir." Steve tore the envelope open, and found a plain piece of paper with the simple text "Meet me in the bar." Of course, there had been a change of plan for some reason, and she had left a note to make sure he'd not lose out. Damn the bloody staff for being so unreasonable as not to check, no wonder she'd changed hotels, they were incompetent here.

Shrugging his bag over his shoulder his confident swagger returned as Steve marched through to the hotel bar. He couldn't help but notice that there was a group of stunning women at one table, all talking and laughing together, dressed elegantly for an evening out no doubt. Pity the poor men they got their hands on, he thought. Then he realised he recognised them; one by one the faces came into focus as he approached, and his step slowed.

"Steve, she called to him, "come on over. Don't be shy, after all, you've only got friends here." She stood up, above the other girls, and Sophie rose to join her. As he arrived at the table Steve tensed even more. There was Sophie's cousin and Ellie, as well as two other girls he had met recently that he hadn't ever mentioned to anyone else, what the hell were they doing here?

"You know Sophie, of course, and Maria." She gestured to the petite blonde whose body still made his cock stiffen to look at. "Maria is in a particular line of work, she traps down unfaithful men." His attention was dragged immediately back. What had she said?

"Remember how you said you wanted a poly family?" He felt himself nodding. "Well, I trusted you with Ellie, who it now turns out you slept with more than just the once and didn't fall out with. I trusted you with Maria, too, but then Maria knew all about you in advance, so what's not to trust? But when Maria told me about the two other women you'd met, who you'd bought roses for, who you'd had sex with, and who you failed to mention to me, I started to wonder what was going on. So I thought it would be best for us all to get together and talk; after all, if we're all going to be family, we really ought to get to know each other, don't you think?" Steves feet started to move, slowly sliding backwards.

"Take a seat Steve," Sophie said. "There's so much to talk about, including fidelity and responsibility to your partners within a poly relationship. By the way, how much do you earn again? We'll have to get an accountant sorted out to organise the expenses between everyone. We can't have any one person paying all the bills now, can we? Especially if any of the girls fall pregnant from the unprotected sex you prefer to have." His feet took another step back, his jaw slack as he looked at these women, all of whom looked at him expectantly.

It was supposed to be fun. He thought he could set it all up so he could happily go from one to the other, today it was Tuesday, so it was Ellie, and they had their fun. Then on Thursday, it would be Maria, and they'd have fun of a different kind. He thought he could simply juggle between them, he thought that was what poly meant, having your cake and eating it too. Not having to admit everything, because you were free to do anything. It never occurred to him that these women would get together, or that their agenda may involve a bit more responsibility than the use of a condom which he'd so easily talked his way out of. What did they mean children? Bills? All that stuff went with monogamy, he didn't want that! He started to feel the walls close in around him, the ceiling pressing down.

She moved away from the table towards him, she who had been the start of all this, she who had suggested polyamoury as a way to have more fun with more people. He didn't remember her saying that he had to bring home every toy he played with. She couldn't possibly mean that, could she?

"Steve, we want to talk to you about the commitment ceremony." She saw his already whitening face blanch completely; his gaze spinning to her at last instead of circling the room, the horror that looked out of his eyes as his fight or flight instincts finally kicked in and he turned and ran, imagining the sound of the women cackling behind him like a vicious coven. Sophie came to her side.

"I'm sorry."

"It's ok Soph, I've told you before I'd rather enjoy things than question them, but when someone takes the piss it's time for them to go. I'll be fine."

"Are we taking this lot to the book launch, then? It'd be a shame for them to dress up for nothing."

"Not nothing, Ellie piped up. "I haven't seen a man move that fast in ages!" She joined the others as they left the bar for the launch party, having made their peace with each other days before whilst colluding in the trap that would teach Steve his lesson in responsibility.

"So," asked Maria. "There likely to be any men at this do?"

12