A Dangerous Legacy Pt. 19

Story Info
Revelations bring dark temptation in their wake...
7.7k words
4.85
16.9k
10
3

Part 19 of the 21 part series

Updated 10/29/2022
Created 06/19/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
madam_noe
madam_noe
1,845 Followers

Chapter Twenty-One

Well, this sucked. I wish I had more gallant words for it, but it just sucked. No penicillin. No rock and roll. No polio vaccine. No electricity. Somewhere in this world Nikola Tesla was probably someone's sex slave. Ick.

Knowing this I barred my door. Any curiosity of knowing my wolves as different men who had never been tainted by slavery...my ardor was cooled. Suddenly I wanted to be back in my own reality, with the men I loved. Yes, their past was tragic, but the people they were now were priceless. No good character can be formed in a life absent of obstacles and trials. All we had to do wait for Francine to return.

Nadine was in my room with me, pacing. "I do not like this. Yes, the joy of flight is a dream for us, but she would know this. She should have returned by now."

Time in this world was probably not an exact thing, but somewhere in the village bells rang out. Three a.m. The witching hour, I thought wryly.

"That's it!"

"Pardon?"

I stood. "I've been thinking too much like a human. Hang on." With magic I transported us outside, into a far field. Nadine merely blinked.

"Give me your hands."

I took hers and closed my eyes. Complex spells were personal things. My ancestors had written down the ones our magic could do, for my power had rested in a hundred others. But so had Malachai's, so had Horus', still in me. To hear Horus tell it my own magic was a little too grey to be pure light. And if my ancestors could craft spells with our magic, so could I.

Concentrating as hard as I could I poured my magic over her, concentrating on spells I had read and my own instincts. I felt my power truly then, back to the beginning, to the source. It was stronger here, and bolstered by the magic of others stronger yet.

For long minutes we stood frozen and then Nadine jerked back, gasping. "What- what have you done?"

"Here we must be witch and dragon, not human. Transform and we will find your sister and do the same."

Tears flowed from her eyes as she squeezed them shut. I hurried back as her fists clenched, the magic swirled, her own intense now, and seconds later the grand dragon that she was stood before me. Tilting her snout to the sky Nadine let out a plume of magical flame, a cry of joy with it.

I had always preferred history to fable, but in that moment I understood why humans were so captivated by dragons. She was both terrifying and beautiful.

"Let me locate her," I called out and the plume stopped.

Swirling my hands I tried to call up a vision. Once more I saw the night sky, the mountains to our west were to the north now, and distant. Francine was swirling in the sky fighting another dragon, a bull. He was red and glittering, and she was terribly wounded, one wing almost shredded.

"Nadine! We must fly south and east, she is in a fight. We have to help her!"

Climb onto my neck she said in my mind.

I used more magic, mourning Diego's absence, and transported myself to her neck as she took to the air. She used her own magic to conjure reins for me and I held on for dear life. Terror and exhilaration filled me as we soared into the clouds. She was pure power and speed, her muscles insanely large and strong as she raced to save her sister.

We came upon them as Francine lay on the ground, not moving. Magical fire came from the bull flapping low to the ground. Nearby humans cowered in fear, their village ramshackle and simple, hidden in the trees.

Hang on, and help me if you can Nadine said in my mind, absolutely determined.

I gripped the reins in one hand and readied my magic as she dove. She breathed fire as we lost altitude at such a speed it was twice as terrifying as any roller coaster I had ever ridden. The wind whipped at me, tears burned my eye, but as soon as her fire touched the bull I let my magic go.

Weaken. Bleed. Burn. Weaken. Bleed. Burn. I commanded both the dragon and my magic.

Witch! You have no power here! the bull cried.

He'd see. After the fire Nadine began to attack with her claws. When his came too close I transported myself to the ground by Francine and aimed upward.

Behind me humans screamed at my appearance.

"I mean you no harm! I am here to help my friend and leave!" I yelled.

I sent blades of magic, whirlwinds of confusion, spells of pain, spells to freeze muscles. The bull was insanely strong and he and Nadine clashed, rushing up high past the clouds to meet and dropping down tangled up, again and again. Several times they were so close aiming my magic was difficult at best.

His name! I need his name! I sent to Nadine.

Bryant she called back.

I gave his name to my magic and sent what I could. I drew from the air, from the trees, from the earth itself where wild magic still dwelled.

Finally on one trip down her clawed feet here in his neck. He didn't stop falling and they both crashed into the ground, shaking it, making the humans scream.

I held my breath but Nadine's dark body disengaged and rolled away from the red dragon. Her magic swirled and she was humanoid again, badly wounded. I flung out my magic and healed her, and then turned to Francine. I saw no breaths, but where did one find a pulse on a dragon?

She ran to me and placed her hands on Francine's wing. "Oh no!" She sobbed out. "She's dead!"

Crying hysterically Nadine sank to her knees as I stood there stupidly frozen. Dead. This couldn't be!

"Nadine," I said softly and stepped to her. "I know a spell to bring her back."

She turned to me, dark eyes shining with tears and rimmed red. "Please. Please! Please!" The way she said it broke my heart.

Growing up an only child with rotten parents I had never understood the unconditional love of family until that moment.

The villagers were crowded together all on the ground now, watching with wide eyes.

"Good people," I addressed them. "I must bring my friend to life. But this spell requires a sacrifice. If you have a pack animal, preferably cattle, you can grant me, I will grant you a wish, whatever is in my power to give."

One man came forward, an older man with the look of an aged warrior. He leaned on a staff and his long beard was as grey as his hair, but his eyes were hard and intelligent. "Only a sovereign could do that spell, and lady, you are not the queen of witches nor the king of sorcerers."

"I am not from this world. I am the queen of witches where I come from, where humans are free. I am merely a visitor here. Please, help me. Help my friend."

He glanced back at his people and stood straighter. "If we give you a cow, you must promise to defeat the queen. Give us freedom."

Were it not so urgent I might have explained this world did not truly exist, that by going back it would end, so would their slavery. I would have also explained freedom can not be given, it must be taken. The old me would have tried, but something had changed in me these last few weeks. "I swear it on my magic and line."

They felt the shiver of magic at my vow and he signaled a group of women. One sent a boy with them and they followed, disappearing into the woods.

"Thank you! Oh thank you!" Nadine said, crawling on knees to me, trying to grab my hand.

"You are a consort of the king! Never grovel to me! Nadine, you are my friend." I jerked her to her feet.

Quickly they led out a dairy cow, a rope around her neck. Her eyes were wide and terrified at the dragon and I squashed the guilt that rose at that.

The elder walked with the women leading the cow and eyed me, sizing up an opponent it seemed like. "You can do this?"

"I will only kill the heifer. Butcher her as you like. And I have sworn my oath to free you."

To my shock after a long moment he held out his hand. I clasped it, not in a traditional shake, more like two hands making a large fist. At my firm grip he nodded and stepped back.

"Nadine, back up." I had only read the spell in my line's books and I prayed to every god ever worshiped I could do this.

Placing my hands on Francine first I transformed her back to human. Size mattered in this spell and the only sacrifice for a dragon would be an elephant or another dragon.

For the next step I had to draw magic from the world around me. I had burned through so much I prayed I could close this reality when the time came. I opened myself as the first witch had taught me and it filled me. This magic was pure, light, and if it weren't for Horus' in me it could not have gathered in such strength.

The dark of Malachai's magic called to the blood spilled from dragons on the ground, the death of Bryant, and with a shudder I let it in until I was full, brimming.

The words, I had to remember the words! Blind panic gripped me but I closed my eyes, forced my breathing to slow, and called the memory up.

"The gateway of life calls and death answers,

The light of life blooms in spite of death's pallor

The cold wind blows the door wide open

And life shall answer with all it's valor."

I summoned a knife, stepped to the heifer, and slit her throat. I thanked god for her sacrifice as she cried out, the bleat dying on a gurgle. The women held her still as she tried to go wild, forcing her to her knees.

I washed my hands in the blood and walked to Francine's cool prostrate form.

"Life shall wash your soul anew,

Death shall retreat once more,

Sun of spring, moon of summer,

Life now closes the door."

I felt the magic, passing through me, flowing life from the cow into Francine. The rush was more intense than anything I had ever felt. It hurt and yet felt wonderful. I had no basis of comparison, but madly I thought this must be what giving birth felt like: agony and joy at once.

The second the cow's body collapsed and died finally, Francine's eyes opened, wide and shocked. She gasped for air and Nadine fell upon her, laughing and sobbing at once.

To my horror the humans began to kneel, even their leader stiffly moving.

"You are a queen," he said.

"Of witches, not humans. Get up." I held out my hand and reluctantly he took it. When he rose so too did his people, and I felt relief wash over me.

"How?" Francine weakly called.

I let Nadine explain as I addressed the humans. "We must leave now. Thank you for your help. I am in your debt and I will now pay it." I bowed to them, trying to ignore their murmuring shock.

Before they could say any more I stepped to the dragons. Calling one more upon the wild magic I did not wait for their help, nor did I use the bread crumbs of Malachai and Horus' magic. I simply reversed the spell, desperate to leave.

One moment we were where the fields and woods met as the first trails of sunrise began, the next moment we were on a bustling paved street.

I felt such immense relief I fell to my hands and knees and kissed the concrete. "Yes! Thank god, thank you- ew." I'd forgotten just how dirty my world was.

"What just happened?" Nadine asked.

"I closed the alternate reality. But to truly end it we have to keep my future self alive."

They looked at me shocked.

"Cripes, I am sick of this. Look, sovereign here, supercharged with magic from your own king and the most powerful magic wielder and oldest alive. Just go with it.

"Francine, what happened?"

"I guess in that dimension I was a bounty hunter. Bryant attacked me. Apparently the other me was dead years ago. He thought I was her, had been hiding, caught me by surprise."

"All right, anyone know how to save me from magical fire without disturbing the timeline?"

Nadine smiled. "Sure, but you're going to need another cow."

****

They were the ones who took us back in time. In short we had to wait for us past selves to kill me then I resurrected myself. Knowing that was in my future was unsettling to say the least, but the world was back to normal.

Once we came back to the hotel I flung their magic back to Malachai and Horus and collapsed next to Diego who'd bounded over. The second my hands settled into his ruffled fur I felt my magic bolstering from where so much had been spent. He yipped and licked my face, deliriously happy.

"What happened?" Malachai asked even as his dragons clung to him.

"Anna gave us our magic back, and brought Francine back from the dead and her future self and-"

"What!?" Malachai roared.

"The vampires have to die. I'm really sorry, but I believe if they don't...it's going to be awful. Now, we'll meet later, but you must excuse me."

I waved off questions and rose, leading Diego into the hall. When I saw my pack, and the men I loved, I ran to them and tried to hug all three at once.

They hugged me back, confused. In this world I had been gone about five minutes. They had no idea."

"Anna, what is wrong?" Andre asked.

I choked back tears. "Nothing now, everything a short time ago. Please, let's just go back to our rooms. Please."

Pierre picked me up and for once I didn't object. To be carried like this made me feel sheltered and cared for, and I had just spent an entire day feeling like a cursed god. I wanted to feel cared for more than anything.

Liv and Jerry followed us and when we reached the suite they took Diego with them and began to feed him some more leftover breakfast.

Once in our room Pierre set me on the bed and three pairs of concerned eyes searched for answers in mine. "Not right now. I have seen and felt so many terrible and wondrous things. I have tasted the limits of my power. I don't want to think. I want to love and be loved, please."

It was the please that did it, I thought. It seemed to me if I had commanded they would have forced me to tell the tale, but asking them always worked so sweetly.

Andre sat on the bed against the headboard and Julian forced me back into his arms. Once seated he kissed me, and I felt Andre's mouth on my neck. God, the feeling was so sweet, so purely sensual that my body heated and the horror retreated into darkness.

Pierre slid alongside us and I reached for all the men, grabbing their clothes, wishing for skin, and then our clothes melted with my magic. Andre's hard cock now brushed my lower back and his hands cupped my breasts. Julian retreated down my body and Pierre claimed me in his own passionate kiss. I felt Julian's mouth at my apex and gave myself over.

They made me their focus, gently rebuffed my attempts to pleasure them. Not a word was spoken, just soft sighs, masculine grunts, and my own keening cries filled the air. Again and again and again they brought me to climax, with hands, mouths, and cocks. I remembered to use magic to cleanse myself after each coupling but other than that I was lost.

First Pierre slid into me, face to face, holding me tight and kissing me. Then Julian kept me on my back but turned me sideways, he on his side and slid into me deep while his brothers teased all my sensitive spots. Lastly I rode Andre, my back to him, his brothers helping me to move.

It was shattering, beautiful, pure, and every time I climaxed I fell apart and kited back together. The first I felt washed away the memories of their alternate selves, devious and scheming, while each successive boiled away what I was until I was once more just Anna, now cuddling in a large sleepy pile with my lovers.

I told them everything when I could breathe again and their arms tightened around me. When I started with the tale of killing myself they all shook; Andre in rage and the other brothers in fear. I promised them that the time would come and I would face my death knowing it was necessary, but it was like telling rockets already launched to turn away.

We heard multiple knocks and murmured voices in the living room but ignored them all until the moon rose and the sun began to set. Finally life could not be held at bay any more. At the last knock I rose and dressed us all.

"Come, it is time to figure out a new solution to our problem."

Out in the living room Malachai stood, his dragons behind him, and my other wolves offering refreshments anxiously.

"Anna, how can I thank you?" He asked, clasping Francine's hand tightly.

"Well, the next time I suggest something like this talk me out of it. Remind me I said this."

He smiled, but he was alone.

Exhausted I sat and Diego padded over to curl at my feet.

"Forgive me, but the others agree: the alternate timeline was a prophecy of Tor, a former king. I have suggested I look over past prophecies, even my own long-ago ones, for clues. I suggest you do the same and we shall meet at noon tomorrow."

"You had to come here just to say that?" Julian asked.

"No, but I had to come here to thank her for saving my love in person. I am ever in your debt, madame."

"Then let me rest and read. See you at noon?"

He nodded and with magic they disappeared.

"Julian could you order up food? The rest of you relax. I need to do some heavy reading."

Bare feet beneath Diego I pulled on him and summoned the book of queenly prophecies and he yipped happily and licked my jeans.

"I am sorry guys, but heavy hangs the head an all. Could one of you bring some dinner to me when it comes?"

Pierre nodded. "Would you like anything now?"

"I got it."

Andre was pensive. "You will consult with us if you find anything."

"Of course, before anyone else is notified." This didn't seem to satisfy him so I merely sighed, rose on my toes to kiss his cheek, and went with Diego into the bedroom.

Laying ion the bed I conjured up a cherry coke, fountain style, and laid back on the pillows with Diego curled beside me. The book of prophecy was a heavy sucker, so I cheated and made it into an eBook on the Kindle Val had given me.

Slurping my drink, pushing the worries from my mind, I began to read the visions of the future from every queen back to the beginning.

****

It was past midnight when I finished. And I had to banish a headache five times. Even with the words in languages I could read, the style was archaic at best, like Shakespeare rewritten by a master of ciphers. I had to take notes and I clutched those now as I emerged.

They were on a pile half on the floor half on the couch, watching a movie with loud explosions. At my appearance Andre paused the movie with the remote and sat up from the couch. "Are you all right?"

"I'm having flashbacks to cramming before my chemistry midterm." This was met with blank stares. Hell, more than half the room predated the concept of colleges. "My brain is fried," I translated. "Andre, can I see you for a moment before we go over everything?"

He extricated himself from the pile and followed me into the room. "Could one of you take Diego out for me?" I called.

"Got it!" Jerry called.

I closed the door and sighed.

"What's wrong?"

"We- this morning-" I sighed once more and started again. "I need you to read my notes, make sure they make sense. And I'd like you to hold me. I want you to know that with you I feel safe. It's a new and scary experience for me."

He nodded and grabbed the notes from me, taking my hand. At the chair he sat down and arranged me on his lap and I snuggled into his shoulder, surrounded by warmth and his smell. He began to read through my notes, murmuring to himself. I'd made plenty and it was a long process.

I didn't realize I had dozed off until I woke to his kiss, his hand beneath my sweater teasing a nipple over my bra. I felt his erection against my hip like a branding iron, and wiggled without thought.

"Did my notes turn you on?" I asked when he pulled back.

"Having one of the most powerful beings in the world trust me enough to fall asleep in my arms, that turns me on, my love."

I blushed and kissed him again, and he turned me in his arms. The notes scattered to the floor and I shot a quick spell at the to organize themselves neatly stacked.

madam_noe
madam_noe
1,845 Followers