A Different World Ch. 02

Story Info
Meeting in the Middle.
6.8k words
4.69
16.8k
20

Part 2 of the 5 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 11/05/2017
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
bwwm4me
bwwm4me
380 Followers

The drive from Pittsburgh to home was one of the longest of my life. Normally, I would have enjoyed the scenery, and I had planned my route to go through some beautiful places. I took the Pennsylvania Turnpike east to Bedford, then followed US 220 south towards home. The scenery was spectacular, but my mind was still back in Pittsburgh with the incredible woman I'd just met.

Arriving home just before dark, I tried to get some sleep. The project I was working on was about an hour's drive away, and I had to be there by 7am. But I tossed and turned most of the night. I wound up getting only a couple hours of sleep.

I was employed at the time as a surveyor for the Commonwealth of Virginia, assigned to the highway department. It is good, steady work, unlike most construction related jobs. Any time there are changes to be made to the road system, even something as small as realigning an intersection, I am involved. The civil engineers draft the plans back in the office, and it is up to my crew to lay those plans out in the field. We take field measurements, and plot the exact locations of the changes to be made on site. Usually, we work a month or two ahead of the actual construction, marking the appropriate points with stakes, paint, and various other marking devices, so that when the materials arrive on site the construction crews will know where to start building.

There are a lot of projects to be laid out, enough that we can keep working even in the winter months. Deep snow is the only thing that stops us. Some of the biggest projects involve bridge replacements. First, we arrive on site and lay out the temporary roadway around the construction site. Then once the roadway is moved, and the old bridge is removed, we come back and plot out the locations of the bridge supports and the location of the permanent roadway. Then after the project is complete, we come back and measure everything again, for the permanent engineering drawings that will reside in the engineer's office.

As you may have guessed, each project requires us to measure the area at least twice, often more than that. We can only work during daylight hours, and usually are close enough to home to make the commute to the job site every day. Occasionally, though, a project is large enough or far enough away that they will put us up in a hotel for as long as it takes to do our work. Since my territory covers a large portion of southwestern Virginia, some of our projects can be 4 hours away.

The largest projects I've been involved with have been converting roads to four-lane. Here in Virginia, we do that on the cheap, by building a second two-lane road parallel to the existing road. The new road will be built to much higher standards than the existing road. It will be straighter, and the grades less steep. Upon completion of the project, the new road will be one way, and the old road will be one way the other direction. Later, if money is in the budget, we will come back and realign the original road to the same standards as the one we just built. In the meantime, the existing road will work just fine.

The nice thing about working on the main roads is that usually there are cell phone towers nearby. Phone service can be spotty in the mountains, but not for me. I also live in a small town right off the interstate, which also has good reception.

I spent the week in a daze. I couldn't get Edie out of my head. I didn't want to call her right away, not wanting to seem desperate. But I also knew I had to see her again. I missed her. I found myself watching every young black woman I came across, because they reminded me of her.

Evenings, I spent back in my apartment, playing the banjo or guitar. I had to keep my mind occupied. Besides, my older brother Calvin and I had a gig coming up that weekend. We performed a sort of folk-bluegrass music at local fairs and festivals, as The Carbaughs. Don't ask me how we came up with that name. I honestly don't know, other than I'd gone to college with a kid named Carbaugh. Calvin played guitar, and I switched between banjo and guitar.

The gigs brought in some extra spending money, they were fun, and they also got me laid. The ladies seemed to have a thing for musicians. Calvin was married with 2 children, so I cleaned up for the both of us. I had a couple of friends with benefits, but nobody I was really sweet on. Until now.

It was Thursday before I got up the courage to call her. Edie answered the phone on the third ring, saying, "I don't owe you nothing and I ain't paying you shit!" She honestly seemed surprised to hear from me. "Sorry," she said. "I keep getting harassed by bill collectors. The person who had my number before owes a lot of people money, and they keep calling me. I'm so sick of them! I saw the out of state number pop up and assumed you were another bill collector."

God it was good to hear her voice again. We chatted for a while, talking about nothing and everything. "I didn't think you'd call, being back in Virginia and all," Edie said. "Guys be like, I hit that, now I don't want to be bothered." I assured her that wasn't the case with me, and that next time I was up that way I'd give her a call.

"You don't have to come all the way up here," she replied. "I'd be willing to meet in the middle somewhere. Besides, I always wanted to go to the mountains. Just never had somebody to go with. Don't want to go wandering into a place I don't know by myself. Girl can't be too careful. But I'd love for you to show me around."

I hadn't thought of that. I was elated. Edie wanted to see me again. I kind of figured she would, given what little I knew about her and how she didn't fool around with just anybody. That night, I slept well, with dreams of being in her arms again.

That weekend the gig went well. We were playing locally, so I was able to knock back a few and not worry about driving home. Calvin dropped me off. When I got out of his truck with my guitar and banjo cases, a thin, pretty blonde woman was waiting for me.

"Hi, Donna Jo," I said. She said hi back, then gave me a tight hug. Donna Jo was the closest thing I had to a girlfriend. She was beautiful, anybody would tell you so. She was also looking for a good time, and not worried about commitment. Donna Jo called or came by when she was horny, sometimes spent the night but most often left after we had sex. Best of all, she didn't care what or who I did as long as I was there when she needed me. She was probably sleeping with other people as well. I don't know. I never asked. It just wasn't important to me. It wasn't like I was going to marry her.

"You were awesome at the fair," she gushed. "I saw you play. I always love watching you play. Aren't you going to invite me up?"

She followed me up the stairs to my second-floor apartment, over the hardware store. As soon as we were inside she ran her hand up the crotch of my pants, saying, "I hope you're ready for some fun. Cause I sure am." With that she turned around and quickly stripped out of her shirt and jeans, standing there in lacy bra and panties. Normally, by this point, I'd have been ready to devour her. My raging hard on would have strained against my jeans and I'd be stripping my clothes off like mad.

But tonight was different. As Donna Jo stood before me, I just stared. "Shy tonight, Are we?" She laughed and pulled her bra cups down. "Maybe these will give you some incentive?" Her perky breasts stood at attention, pink nipples on just a hint of areolas. Still I made no move towards her. She reached around, unsnapped the bra and let it fall to the floor, then slid her panties over narrow hips to her ankles.

I still just stared at the naked blonde before me, unsure what to do. At this point, I owed Edie nothing. Yet I felt guilty. Here I was about to sleep with another woman, a beautiful woman. The woman everybody thought I should be with. And yet, my mind was over 300 miles away, with the woman I wasn't supposed to even look at with lust, let alone sleep with.

Frustrated, Donna Jo said, "I know it's been awhile, but are you going to stare all day? Or are you going to join me?" She headed off to my bedroom, swinging her hips enticingly. I meekly followed. Once inside the room, she sat on the bed and pulled at my belt buckle. I pulled my t shirt over my head as she slid my jeans down to my ankles.

So here I was, in my room, naked with a gorgeous blonde before me, ready, willing and able to be fucked. And I was flaccid. For the first time in my life, I was soft in front of a naked woman. Donna Jo noticed. "What's up with you?" she asked. I just shook my head. I really didn't know myself, except that it had to do with a cute black lady 300 miles away in the city.

Donna Jo pulled me to her. Our lips met in a kiss. I kissed her back with a little warmth and a little tongue, as her hand reached for my manhood. It felt good when she stroked it, but something wasn't right. I just wasn't as into her touch as I usually was.

We lay on the bed, and I watched her pale body as she worked on getting me hard. And I mean worked. My dick was fighting her all the way. She tried her hand for a while, and when she realized that wasn't working too well, she took me in her mouth. Now Donna Jo gives great head, and normally it would be all I could do to keep from coming in her mouth. But tonight was different. Even as I watched her sucking me, as I fondled one of her tits, it occurred to me I wasn't attracted to her pale skin and lack of curves. Instead, I longed for that little pear-shaped girl back in Pittsburgh. I longed for the feel of her full ass cheeks in my hands as she rode me.

Eventually, through Donna Jo was able to get me hard enough to ride, and she climbed on top, impaling herself on my now rigid member. Lust took over at this point, and I met her thrusts with my own as she bounced on top of me, tits jiggling enticingly. I thoroughly enjoyed the ride, and Donna Jo did as well. She screamed her passion as she increased her pace. She was close to orgasm, but so was I. I'm not proud to say I finished first, leaving her to take care of herself. Normally, I would have held off as long as I could, making sure she got hers. Tonight, once I blew my load in her, all I wanted was for to get off me. But I was nice about it, and let her finish grinding against my rapidly deflating penis as she rubbed her clit.

After we were done, she asked, "What was that? Are you feeling ok?

"Actually," I replied, "I am a little beat. I'm not really feeling in the mood tonight." I didn't tell her the reason why.

Donna Jo got up and made me a cup of tea, with a shot of moonshine in it. She took my temperature to see if I had a fever, which I didn't. I was just not into her tonight. But I let her stay and cuddle until I fell asleep. I didn't want to hurt her feelings by kicking her out.

The next morning, she was gone. And I felt relieved. I knew that as long as I had a chance with Edie, Donna Jo would never grace my bed again. Even if things didn't work out with Edie, I doubted I'd ever look at Donna Jo the same way again. Not that I hated her, I'd be willing to be friends but no more than that. I'd been with a woman with honest to God curves, and wasn't going to settle for anything less.

Driving to work that morning, I enjoyed the mountains as I usually do. But I was remembering what Edie had said, that she'd never been there. I found myself daydreaming about showing her my world. Maybe someday I'd get the chance.

That night, I was browsing the net when I pulled up my cousin Jason's profile. They'd probably be back from their honeymoon by now, and I wanted to see if he'd posted photos. On a whim, I looked in his friends list. Von was there, as I expected, but not Edie. So, I pulled up Von's profile. Mz Shavonda was her user name. Browsing through her profile, I saw the photos of the wedding she'd posted, along with some from their trip. And the announcement, in all caps, that she was pregnant. I sent a friend request.

Digging deeper, I looked at her friends list. Bingo! There she was, my little angel. Mz Edie from da Burgh. Employed as an auditor at a local bank, past 7 years, now a supervisor. Photos of her with an older lady I recognized from the wedding reception. Must be her mother. No photos of siblings, and no mention of them on her profile. Could she be an only child? No mention of her father, other than one photo obviously taken many years ago, captioned "You will live in my heart forever." Other photos of her with Von, Von's sister, and the chubby maid of honor from the wedding. All riding bikes in what looked like a park somewhere. Photos of the same four, plus another lady, playing cards.

I sent her a friend request, with a note. "Thinking of you. Had a wonderful time getting to know you. How we can get together sometime soon."

The next day, she was on my friends list, with a message. "Enjoyed our time together too. Busy the next couple of weekends, but maybe we could celebrate the fourth of July together?"

I looked at my schedule. Damn! We had a gig that weekend. Wait a minute! We were booked at a fourth of July celebration in Elkins, WV. Hmmmm. That's up towards Pittsburgh a little bit. Maybe we might be able to pull this off after all.

The month of June seemed interminable. By this time, I was calling Edie every other day, and chatting on messenger on the days we didn't talk. We talked about anything and everything. I was struck by how different our lives were, yet how much we had in common. Our hopes and dreams, our wants and needs, they were remarkably similar.

Finally, the fourth of July came. Since it was a Thursday, we each burned a vacation day Friday. That gave us a 4-day weekend for our first getaway. I had already booked a motel room in Elkins for the gig, and I extended the stay to include Wednesday, Friday and Saturday nights as well. I informed Edie of the motel address Tuesday night, and told her how much I was looking forward to seeing her the next evening.

As luck would have it, that week I was assigned to a project in Highland County, VA. That meant that my work was halfway to Elkins, and instead of having to drive home, shower and change, then drive 3-4 hours on mountain roads, my travel time would be a little over an hour and a half. I packed the truck the night before, and left for Elkins directly from the job site. I was already showered and relaxing in the motel room when Edie called to say she was in town.

I watched as her green Honda pulled into the parking lot, and helped her bring her bags to the room, watching her jean and t shirt clad form sway in front of me. Once the door was shut she held me close in a tight hug. "God, I missed you," she sighed. "I just couldn't get you out of my head."

We ordered a pizza and spent the rest of the night leisurely enjoying each other. It was strange in a way. We were both horny, and the pent-up lust was killing me. But I followed her lead, and we kissed and cuddled like two teenagers, longing for more but afraid to get there. It was a make or break moment, and as much as I wanted to rip her clothes off and fuck the hell out of her, I also didn't want to scare her off.

Her lips were as soft as I remembered. Her skin was too. She smelled heavenly, a hint of coconut combined with something else I couldn't place, As I ran my fingers through her straight black hair, I reveled in its unique, so unlike the silky effortless feel of the women I'd had before. Her hair's texture hinted that it gave up its natural curls with a fight, and longed to spring back into its natural form.

Slowly, piece by piece, our clothing fell away as we uncovered and explored new parts of each other's bodies. Edie surprised me by taking an interest in my nipples, tweaking and pinching them before taking each one in her mouth. Nobody had ever done that to me before. It sent little shocks of pleasure through my body. If this is what it felt like to me, I wondered how much better it must feel when I played with her larger, more sensitive nipples.

So far, I had avoided her private areas, rubbing her soft dark skin in other places, arms, face, back. But now, she guided my hands to her bra, placing my hand over her breast. "It opens in the front," Edie whispered. I squeezed the lacy cup and the small perfectly shaped breast within, before moving my hands to the clasp between them. Fumbling as she chuckled, I eventually got the clasp undone and gently peeled the cups away from the objects of my desire.

I took a moment to stare. Her breasts were just as I'd remembered, just like I'd been fantasizing about for the past month. A bit on the small side, but with large pointy nipples, and dark areolas that kind of resembled a bullseye. Not being able to help myself, I took an erect nipple between my lips and made love to it with my tongue. Edie gasped in pleasure, then as I continued gently sucking her moans became more insistent. "Don't stop, baby. Ohhhh Kenny. Kenny!"

Could it be true? Could this chocolate beauty be orgasming from nipple stimulation alone? She was, and she bucked her still clothed hips up as she climaxed in a stifled scream. I kept the nipple between my lips but stopped the stimulation. Edie took a minute to catch her breath, then moaned, "Enough of this, Kenny, I need you. Inside me. Now!" I quickly removed her jeans and panties, then my own. Reaching for the nightstand, I fished out a condom. Edie grabbed the package from me, tore it open, and unrolled it quickly on my erect penis. She gently tugged on my shaft, then lay back on the bed, legs spread wide, fingers spreading her pussy lips open invitingly.

I rolled on top of her, feeling her hand guide my tip to her soaked opening. Positioned at her entrance, I thrust inside gently, as Edie locked her legs around me. She pulled me deep inside, rocking her hips up into me. "God, Kenny, this was all I could think about," she exclaimed as she impaled herself. Edie wanted it, and she wanted it deep and hard. Knowing neither of us would last I gave it to her. Hard and fast. Just the way she wanted it. We'd tried to take it slow, but lust had taken over. I could feel her already tight grip pulse around me, tightening even further as she orgasmed again. It was all too much, and I couldn't hold back anymore. Stiffening, I emptied all my pent-up lust and frustration into her. Or into the condom, that barrier between us, the necessary precaution that kept us from doing something permanent that we weren't ready for yet.

Collapsing on top of her, I panted, "Edie, I needed that. But that wasn't the way I wanted to go. I wanted to make sweet love to you."

"We've got four days, baby. Don't think you're getting off that easy. We both needed that. It took the edge off."

We spent the rest of the night exploring each other, drinking the bottle of apple pie moonshine I'd brought, and smoking the bud she had. At some point, I remember her asking about the cases in the corner of the room containing my instruments. I ended up taking out the banjo, and playing a few songs for her before we ended up back in bed in a passionate 69.

The next day, we had a leisurely breakfast at a local restaurant before exploring the town. I was scheduled to perform two sets at the festival, the first at three, and the second at 8:30 just before the fireworks.

During the first set, on impulse, I introduced Edie to the audience. "We have a lady here today who's come all the way from the big city to see us play. Edie Jackson, please come up on the stage." I saw the look of embarrassment on her face as the crowd looked at her. But like a trooper, she came up on the stage. "I'ma kill you!" she shouted in my ear.

"Looking forward to it," I shouted back as my brother Calvin looked on in amusement. "Any song you'd like to sing?"

bwwm4me
bwwm4me
380 Followers
12