A Dragon's Slave Ch. 04

Story Info
Peter and Nightwing meet someone new.
6.2k words
4.6
16.5k
17

Part 5 of the 11 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 03/18/2014
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Hey, readers - just wanted to let you know that I DO plan to continue this story.

I've started college, so I haven't been able to write recently. Fortunately, I have an expository writing class, so my writing has actually improved somewhat!

In any case, please enjoy - this chapter may not be heavy on sexual content, but it will utilize heavy reflection.

*****

I sigh in content as I recline against a tree, my recent - and thankfully successful - hunt on the ground before me. Using one of the small mammal's ribs as a toothpick, I manage to fish some meet out of my gums. I toss it aside, cringing as my metallic forearm creaks in protest.

Melancholy fills me as I hold the rusting joint. I only wish I had some oil on me...that is all I wish for.

The synthetic tendons draw taught, the digits flexing into a fist. I remember when I used to use this arm to reap justice...now, I can barely even hunt without having to place a plethora of traps. It's rather ironic - then, the blood of my targets would refresh my limb. Now, the blood of the animals I hunt simply accelerates the rust...

"Seriously - I don't see why this is necessary, Nightwing."

My breath catches in my throat as I hear a pair of voices and footsteps approaching. Cursing silently, I duck behind the tree I'm resting against and attempt to make myself scarce, lest they discover my disgrace.

"You know full well why this is necessary, human," a second, feminine voice responds.

Human...? This second voice...it doesn't belong to a human? But this is human territory - and no elf would refer to a human in such a manner...

I peer around the trunk of my hiding spot, and gasp as I see the reptilian feet of a dragon. But...dragons do not speak aloud, what the hell is -

Holy shit those are really big.

I pull myself back behind the tree, blushing as the image of those...pendulums assaults my mind. I've never seen a dragoness in humanoid form...Well, at least now I can die happy.

"Yeah, but - I'm not gonna run anytime soon," the first voice, which is notably male, responds. "C'mon - at least loosen the restraints a bit? Please? They're chafing..."

The dragoness sighs in irritation. "Shut the hell up, would you?" I peer back around the corner to glimpse what sort of restraints are being used. Why would a dragoness take human form to capture a human? If she were taking a slave, wouldn't she remain in her dragon form...?

"But Nightwing - you know that I'm not going to run away!" The human complains. I espy that there is a sort of rudimentary rope lashed around his wrists, forming a set of restraints that become a leash - the end of which is gripped in the dragonness' claws.

"Yes, but I cannot have you wandering about and being injured."

As the unlikely duo pass the tree, I catch a glimpse of yet another set of perfect globes. Why would this human wander about when he has such a lovely view?

"Why in the world would I wander when I have such a brilliant view?"

Huh. Great minds.

The dragon stammers a bit, and suddenly yanks on the leash. "Shut up," she growls as the human stumbles after her. "And...and show some respect for your Master!"

Hm...seems as if he is her slave. I should probably -

*Click*

My heart jumps into my throat as the pair cease their movement, and look right in my direction. I hide just in time, but I doubt it was fast enough for the dragon not to notice me. I look down at my arm to see what had caused the sound, and find that it was yet another result of neglect: while leaning against the tree, the bearing of my wrist hadn't properly adjusted - and when it did, it was a sudden and rather loud adjustment.

Basically, it means I'm screwed. Hey, at least I get to see those melons again...

"Why are you watching us?"

I look up, and find that the dragoness is standing a good distance away. The human stands by her side, studying me very closely. It seems as though there is some sort of intelligence hidden behind his eyes.

"I heard you," I explain, finding it hard not to stare. I start to stand, but the dragon snarls at me. So, I opt to remain sitting. "I...I had been hunting, and..." I gulp, fear starting to overwhelm my, ah...fascination. Mostly because flames are starting to leak from the dragon's snout.

"Why would an elf be hunting?"

Every thought I had pertaining to the dragoness fades as I stare at the human. How in the world did he know I was an elf?

I ask him as such, and he just raises an eyebrow.

"Your metal arm, jackass."

I blush, and the dragoness smirks. I shake off my momentary embarrassment, reminding myself that humans know next to nothing about elves - I can still keep my dignity if I attempt to...'educate' him.

"Well, I grew tired of the elven vegetarian diet," I explain, lying fluently. "Us elves are in touch with nature - our magic allows us to -"

"Okay, let's skip past the standard lies. You're in exile, aren't you?"

My words fail me as I stare ahead into nothing, unable to bring myself to make eye contact. How in the world...?

"So, what - war criminal? Or maybe you attempted to disseminate elven technology to the humans? Although, I can't imagine the council making the mistake of exiling you to human territory - you would be able to divulge even more of your precious secrets..."

I look up at the human in shock. "How...how in the world do you..."

"I'm not your ordinary foolish human," he remarks, a hint of arrogance playing across his features. It disappears as quickly as it had appeared, however. "I took classes on Elven technology, ideology, philosophy, culture, and more in Amallhia - that is, before I moved to a farming village a few miles away from the city."

I nod, and realize that if they ask me questions, this human will be able to spot my deceit rather easily - he's more intelligent than most, but I doubt he's anywhere near as intelligent as an elf...I will have to utilize all of my cunning to survive my encounter with this dragoness, as she appears to be growing increasingly angry.

"Slave, we should continue," the dragon announces. "We should not be wasting our time here - let the elf live on in exile. We have more important matters to tend to."

The human sighs, and nods. "Yeah...you're right..." He looks me over before frowning. "But...before I go...what's your name?"

I swallow back a bit of anxiety - if this human knows so much about elvish culture, he'll surely know of me. And I sincerely doubt this school in Amallhia portrayed me in a gratifying light...

Nonetheless, after a cautionary glance at the dargon to ensure that I'm not about to be killed, I give up my name. "Demetrius."

The human's eyes widen, and he takes a step back. The dragon looks on in confusion, while I hang my head. I had expected as much.

"Uh...slave? What..." I feel the dragon staring at me in caution. "Who...who is this?"

"Holy shit," the human breathes. "I just...I'd heard you had been exiled somewhere around here, but I never...I never thought I'd actually meet you..." I hear him approaching me, and I brace myself to be attacked by both him and the dragon. I've read several dissertations from the Elvish government describing me as a murderer, and I doubt that this human would show mercy.

"May I...may I shake your hand?"

What...in the fuck?

"Slave, what are you doing!?"

"This...this is Demetrius, Nightwing." I look up, and notice that the human is smiling at me in...wonder? "He's...he's a huge vigilante. He killed rapists, murderers, corrupt officials - he was exiled because he ended up killing a corrupt higher-up, and the other corrupt guys deemed him a public menace - effectively pardoning the criminals he had killed."

I stare at him in blank surprise. His smile broadens. "Demetrius - you can stand up now," he announces. I do so slowly, and the dragoness never takes her eyes off of me. "And please...shake my hand."

I wearily extend my good arm towards the human, and he readily accepts it and gives it a firm shake. "Sir, Mister Demetrius...I wrote my final term paper on your vigilantism, and I want you to know that I'm one of the many people that believe you acted justly."

Is it me, or did that...sound rehearsed? I search for some sort of trickery in his eyes, but all I can find his respect. To be totally honest, it's...sort of creepy, especially after being in exile for so long.

"Wonderful - can we get going now? The day's almost over, and we've got important shit to do."

The strange human steps away from me, and nods to his dragoness master. "Alright - let's go. It was wonderful meeting you, Demetrius." They begin to walk away, and I simply watch in awe as this intelligent human lets himself be lead on a leash. As they're walking, he suddenly turns and calls out to me.

"Hey, if you want, you can come with us!"

The dragoness stops walking, and I see on the human's face the epitome of "oh shit".

~~~~~~~~~~

Peter:

I feel the wind escape from my lungs as Nightwing throws me into a bush.

"What the hell do you think you're doing, boy!?" She demands, the familiar heat of her breath causing me to sweat. "Inviting some vigilante like we're on a school trip - who do you think you are!?"

"S-sorry, Nightwing, it's just...he could really help, and..."

"Shut it! Next time you have some sort of stupid fucking idea like that, you ask me first, got that!?"

I nod, and cringe in pain as I feel her claws starting to pierce the skin on my arms. She realizes what she's doing, and quickly retracts the keratin protrusions, some of the fire going out of her eyes - but not all of it.

"Seriously...after what happened yesterday, you'd think you would start to use some more common sense..."

I blush as she mentions yesterday. For the past week and a half, Nightwing and I have been tirelessly walking. The nights had started out awkward, as neither of us were willing to partake in any sort of intimacy. It wasn't until a few days after our run-in with the Void...things that I was able to fulfill my role as her sex slave again - and only because I had managed to kill my first rabbit. She called the sex a "reward", and soon enough I was pleasing her almost every time we stopped to rest.

That is, until yesterday.

Late last night, while Nightwing was still out cold from another intense, ah...session, I had decided to see if I could catch any fish from the nearby stream. I made a point of letting her sleep - she had strained herself too much, and ended up pulling a muscle in her wing. I didn't want her stretching and pulling it again.

In any case, using some crap I had packed into my Elvish bag, I managed to fashion a rudimentary fishing rod. I had managed to catch a few fishies, but I would soon discover that I wasn't the only predator at the lake that day.

Unfortunately for me, it turns out that it was actually the notorious Lake of Teeth. It's called that because of the unusually heightened fresh-water alligator population. And the piranhas. And the small, fresh-water sharks. And those weird fish that, if you step on them you get poisoned (I think they're called rock fish...?) You can see how this would go sour.

Anyway, as I was fishing, I noticed an alligator watching me. I sort of smiled at it, because I've always had a fascination with reptiles (as if that weren't clear enough already). So, it sunk back into the water, and I dismissed it as simply a 'gator searching for prey.

I was proven wrong when I realized that it was a 'gator that had found its prey, and quickly alerted its friends. I was lucky that I noticed the dozen alligator eyes that peered up above the surface of the water to watch me - it was only because of the full moon reflecting off of their eyes that I was able to turn tail and run. They took chase, and I'm pretty sure my shit coated the entire eastern seaboard.

Nightwing heard me screaming, and, well...burst into action. She killed them with quite a lot of fire. Needless to say, we had alligator for breakfast the next morning (a.k.a. this morning).

So, as we were getting ready to head out this morning, Nightwing ends up tying my wrists together. When I asked her what she was doing, she explained that I was too important to simply let myself get killed - having control over the Void and whatnot. I tried to protest, but it didn't really amount to anything - besides meeting Demetrius.

So, now, I'm on my ass in a bush, Nightwing practically spitting fire into my face (and yes that is a very real possibility do not laugh it is terrifying).

Anyway, back in the present, I sigh as I avert my gaze from Nightwing's. Sort of embarrassing when you're reminded that you're an idiot.

Nightwing sighs as she picks herself up, and sits down next to me, rather than on top of me - which lets my ribs give a relieved sigh. "Alright, well...you know a lot more about this guy than I do. Why do you think he'd be helpful?"

I sigh as I attempt to rub at my arms, grateful that Nightwing had retracted her claws before they had gone deep enough to draw blood. "Well...first thing, his metal arm is a definite bonus. If we could get him some oil in the next city, he'd be able to use it to its full potential..."

"And that matters...why?" She asks, clearly unimpressed.

"Well, back when he was still a vigilante at large, he'd kill his targets per their crime," I explain.

"Okay, what does that have to do with his arm?"

"Well, if it were a rapist, he'd shatter their pelvis with his fist," I explain. Her eyes widen a bit at that, and I can tell that she's impressed. "If it were a murderer or serial killer, he'd shatter their hands and let them bleed out. But if it were a corrupt official - like someone dealing with these criminals or just letting them go - he shattered their skulls."

She cringes at that one, but seems confused. "So...they exiled him? He said he went after a higher-up - why wouldn't they just kill him?"

"That's the thing," I respond. "In Elvish law, when a crime is severe enough to invoke the possibility of execution, you can't perform that execution without enough votes. If the majority - and by majority I mean like seven eighths of the voters - vote yes, then they're killed. But because he cleaned up one of the worst Elvish cities of a shitload of criminals, a lot of people voted against the execution. As such, it defaulted to exile - which sucked for his arm, because it's hard to get your hands on Elvan oil in human cities. The only way to do that is if you're an Elf - unless, of course, you've been exiled."

She nods, but frowns once more. "So...how would we get him oil?"

I grin at that one, and rummage through my backpack until I find a certificate. I clear my throat before reading aloud the only part that matters: "We hereby decree Peter Barcklan as an honorary Elvish citizen, with rights to restricted Elvish products within human cities."

"I knew I made a good choice taking you as my slave," she remarks, a rather self-satisfied grin playing its way across her lips. "You may serve some purpose yet, you foolish fisherman."

"Ah-hey! I nearly failed geography, what'd you expect?" I counter, blushing furiously as she chuckles lightly at my expense.

"Alright. This elf will accompany us." She throws me a smirk. "And he will be your superior."

"What!?" My shoulders sag. "C'mon - what!?"

"I can't be expected to baby-sit you all time, now, can I?" She teases. But she turns all business after a moment. "But, seriously - that shit at the lake last night was fucking stupid, and I'm not going to sit there and watch your ass all day."

"I'm sure you'd like to, though," I tease her.

"I think you have our roles confused."

"Fair enough."

She pinches the bridge of her nose in clear exasperation. "Ugh...come on, we'll tell this vigilante guy that he can come with us."

I nod, and we go to do just that. When we do as such, he simply gulps and nods.

"Uh...alright," he mutters. I frown as he wearily stands. What is he so scared of? He's gone against the toughest serial killers and rapists, and he can barely even -

Oh, right - dragon. Duh.

"Where...are we going, exactly?" He asks, sweat visible on his brow as he packs his meager supplies.

"To meet an old friend of mine," Nightwing announces. "I'll explain why on the way."

The elf gulps and nods, and begins to follow as Nightwing turns and walks away. I hang back to talk to the elf before Nightwing starts explaining everything.

"Just...show her respect, and everything should be fine, okay?" I feel a sharp tug on my leash, and I grumble to myself before rushing to catch up. "C'mon - you've got a lot to listen to."

The elf audibly sighs as he moves to catch up. He probably thinks we're going for some sort of social visit. Hah. If only.

If only there weren't some fucking bullshit with the end of the world and some Void crap and then the fact that I have control over it and fuck this shit in general!

But I digress. Right now, I just have to focus on not tripping over myself while Nightwing tugs on the leash.

~~~~~~~~

Later...

"So...wait...this shit is happening and the world is coming to an end, and you're visiting an old friend of yours!?" Demetrius demands, exasperated. "What the hell - what are you thinking!? You should contact the Elves - something! This is useless!"

I silently bow my head and pray for the brave vigilante's soul as Nightwing stops walking. I turn to catch a glimpse at his face, and find that the epitome of "oh shit" is scrawled across it. I don't think anything could prepare him for the ensuing burn.

"You foolish elf...you did not even know what the Void was. What makes you think your worthless race would be able to help in this matter? There is no Elvish research on the Void, because the dragons wiped them out long before you lot showed up, waving about your technology and claiming superiority. We are going to my friend because he is able to read the Spectrum more accurately - something else you elves never knew of - and also because this human exhibits control over the Void, and I hope to know why, and if we can use that to our advantage."

The elf goes pale and stares at me. I shrug. "Yeah, I don't know why I have control over it, either, so don't stress yourself over it."

"Don't stress myself..." The Elf shakes his head, clearly unfazed by Nightwing's cautionary roasting, after which her onslaught turns physical. He's a braver, and more foolish, man than I am. "The world is ending! How are you so laid back about it!?"

"Because I am entirely confident that by amplifying and utilizing Peter's inherent ability, we can stop them," Nightwing declares.

"And because either way, I'll die a slave without a family, so fuck it," I add in.

Demetrius looks between the two of us. "Uh...okay, wow, two ends of the spectrum there," he mutters.

Nightwing and I shrug, and Demetrius sighs. "Well, I guess we're all in the same boat now, aren't we?" He remarks. "I'm not about to back out of this - not when I realize we have a fighting chance to stop this thing, and especially when I find out that you two are the only hopes to stop it..."

"The fuck is that supposed to mean?" I demand, glaring at the arrogant elf.

"Yes, please - do tell," Nightwing reciprocates. I back away a bit as flames curl from her nostrils. Never a good sign.

"Uh...I...that is, I, uh...I..." The elf gulps back his fear, and I have to admit I sort of sympathize with him. I've only had her that angry at me once: last night. So it's fresh in my mind.

"I just...well, you don't have a plan! I didn't mean that you were inadequate, I meant that your lack of a plan was inadequate!" I nod in approval. Nice save. I'll have to save that "you're not inadequate" excuse for later...However, I feel obligated to remind him of our plan.

"Our plan for now is to reach Nightwing's friend," I remind him. "Once we get there, we'll make a legitimate plan. Until then, we're completely in the dark about...well...any of this."

12