A Dragon's Slave Ch. 08 Closure

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Dad shows me to a door, and hands me a key. "Goodnight son," he says softly. He hugs me, and I find it ironic that we're almost the same height, as I feel like a small child being walked to head by his dad...

"Goodnight, dad," I reply, smiling at him before silently entering the room.

I lock the door behind me, and lean against it with a sigh. I look through the room. There are three separate beds, two of which are currently occupied - and both occupants are currently awake and watching me. It seems as if I've interrupted a conversation of sorts. I wonder what they were talking about?

"Hi," I announce as I enter. I place the key in a small bowl on a table by the door.

"Are you okay?" Demetra asks.

"Yeah," I reply, sitting on the edge of the third bed. "It's just...it's nice to have some closure."

"I understand," Demetra replies. I take a deep breath as I realize just how tired I am.

"I...I'm going to bed," I announce, pulling off my pants so I can sleep in my underwear. Both of which need to be washed, by the way, despite how wet they got in the bathroom the other day...

Without another word, I get underneath the covers and curl up. I hear some whispering, and eventually, the two of them get into their own beds as well.

As I try to fall asleep, I reminisce on how my mother used to snore a lot...thankfully, neither Nightwing nor Demetra snore, so it'll be a quiet night. I do wish I could hear her snoring again, though...it'd be nice, to know my mother was still here.

I look out the window by my bed at the stars again, and smile. My mother is gone, but...her memory will live on forever.

I feel my heart twinge as I think of the flower Nightwing made for me - for mom. It's such a beautiful gesture...

I sigh as I try to get comfortable in the unfamiliar bed. Hopefully, tomorrow will take on a less dour tone...

----------------

Hey, guys. I decided to keep this chapter short because I realized that it needs to stand alone, or it could have its tone ruined - and ruin the tone of any following content. So, next chapter will be more interesting, promise.

Also, you and I both know that those demons won't be able to contain that fucking Void. What would be the point of introducing a conflict if some schlub could just step in and take care of it?

Anyway, hope you enjoyed!

12