A Dragon's Slave Ch. 09

Story Info
Two month have passed, and Nightwing has had some troubles.
3.8k words
4.58
10.1k
27

Part 11 of the 11 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 03/18/2014
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Two months.

That's how long we've been here, in Amallhia.

A lot has happened over those two months. My father went through his contacts and managed to find someone in the black market, who was able to install a new RFID chip into Demetra's arm - a process which I never saw - and help her avoid detection.

I've reconnected with my friends - I had only been gone a month or two when I returned, so it was kind of like a short vacation. So nothing much else happened with me.

But Nightwing...

It's been rough.

She's been trying hard to integrate into human society, but...she's been having a hard time of it. The dragoness has had three meltdowns so far. During the first one, I learned the true details of her past, and that she's always had emotions. During the second, she nearly went back to her castle to remain a shut in for the rest of her life.

And her third...

It's still happening. And it's a heavy one. She said something about killing herself - and then ran away. I've been searching for her for two days now, and with each passing moment I become more and more depressed, scared, and anxious.

We'd grown so close over these past two months...I'd go as far as to say that we're best friends. Who, you know, have sex. A lot.

And her saying that she wants to kill herself, and then dropping off the radar...it terrifies me.

I haven't slept since she left - only small naps. I've barely eaten - only a quick breakfast yesterday and a few snacks - and I sprained my ankle chasing her down the first day.

And my legs ache, so much...and now they've given out, and I'm left leaning against the wall of an alley as I struggle to retain consciousness.

"Nightwing," I breathe, hoping the intonation will find her. I'm desperate now - if she kills herself...

I sigh to myself as I slide down the wall, hugging my knees to my chest. Times like these are when I wonder why I care about her so much. I mean...I just don't understand it. When I think about her, I have the overwhelming urge to protect her - to help her and make her happy. And I know that I said that we've become best friends, but for our situation, I really don't understand how that happened. I mean, if she were to kill herself...I'd be free.

No more shedding skin, no more emotional outbursts, no more fearing for my life whenever I try to joke around with her...

I hang my head in defeat. I need to stop beating around the bush - I know exactly why I care so much, and why I won't let her die.

I love her.

Not a romantic love, mind you - but not platonic either. It's also not the kind of love you share with someone - I wouldn't tell her that I love her, because it's not that kind of love.

It's hard to put into words, but I guess I'll try. Have you ever had a best friend, of the same gender as you, and you've realized that you love them - despite not being homosexual? Like...you value them, a lot. And you cherish them, and you realize that your life is better because they're in it. It's kind of like that. Of course, for me, there's the added dimension of sexual attraction, but it's pretty much the same idea: I love her as a best friend. Not platonically, but not romantically.

I just...I value her. I cherish her. And without her...

I'd probably be crying by my mother's bedside right now.

I swallow back my frustration and tears, and force myself to stand up. My legs shake from exhaustion, but I know that I need to find her.

I need to keep moving.

My next stop is the bell tower on the library - it's where we went when she needed some time away from everything. Maybe she'll be there today - I already checked yesterday, but maybe today will be different.

Climbing up the stairs is exhausting. I ran around most of the city over the past 24 hours, without stopping once. I'm dehydrated, I'm hungry, I'm exhausted...I'm not a healthy guy right now.

Finally, after an excruciating climb up the spiral stairs lined with candles, I arrive at the hatch in the floor of the overlook. I look behind me, at the library that expands for at least a half a mile. I've always loved this view - the silence of pages turning and the gentle rustling of old tomes being sorted, retrieved, and carefully manipulated...it's beautifully relaxing. But that's not what matters right now.

I undo the bolt on the hatch and push it open. Anyone can come up here, so it's not like anyone cares that I'm opening the hatch. We just need to make sure that it's closed behind us.

I push it open, and pull myself up onto the floor of the overlook. The old bell - which is not used anymore, in favor of the bell on the church - stands above me, and at the edge of the tower stands a lone woman. My heart swells as I see her. I drop the hatch, and she turns around, startled by the sound.

She doesn't say anything, and neither do I. I simply grab her, and bodily pull the dragoness into an embrace.

"I was so worried about you," I inform her as I pull my head away so I can look her in the eye. "Nightwing...where have you been!?"

"Hiding," she silently explains. I know that that's all I'll get out of her, so I simply nod and put my chin back on her shoulder, hugging her close as the wind blows past us.

"Come on," I announce after a few minutes, pulling away from her. "Let's get back to to the room."

After our temporary stay in the guest room in the City Hall, my father had us placed into the penthouse room of a hotel - it's beautiful, and huge.

"I want to stay for a while," she announces. "The stars..."

I look out at the sky, and notice that the constellations are especially bright tonight. I hadn't noticed - I was so focused on finding Nightwing...

"Okay," I reply silently. We sit down on the bench in the northernmost part of the overlook, and I wrap my arm around her. She rests her head against my shoulder, and I entwine my fingers with hers.

"It's beautiful," she announces.

"Yeah..."

We sit in silence for almost a half hour. I rub her shoulder, ebbing in and out of consciousness. I'm so relieved that she's okay...

After a little while, she stands up and stretches. "Okay...let's head back to the room," she announces. I nod, but my stomach growls loudly as I stand, and I'm made painfully aware of my crippling hunger.

"Can we...get some food first?" I ask, sheepishly. She smiles, and we go down the stairs together. At the bottom, I wait for her, and offer her my hand. She smiles as she grabs it, and we walk out of the library, hand-in-hand.

We walk through the city, the electric lights the Elves set up for use in the city lighting our walk. Some of the late-night walkers cast glances at us - we've never been seen holding hands in public, but after the past few days...I don't care what people think.

Nightwing has become somewhat of a celebrity in the city. Some people vilify her, as you'd expect, but quite a few people adore her. Partially because of her, ah...proportions, but small children also like her because she's a "nice dragon lady". Of course, she's still not entirely comfortable in the city - and the city isn't very comfortable with her. It's been difficult, as we can see from her meltdowns. Each was set off by something that made her feel more intense emotions than usual - the first happened when people protested her presence, and called her a freak. The second happened when people started swarming her with questions and attention, especially children.

This last one happened because of a new protest, calling for her public execution. She panicked, seeming to forget that she's both a dragon and protected by the city, and said that if everyone wants her dead, she may as well kill herself. After that, she flew through an open window.

I keep a watchful eye out as we walk through the near-empty night-time streets of the usually-congested city. Thankfully, nobody tries anything while we're walking, and I can tell that Nightwing is scared of just that the whole time. It's truly harrowing to see someone as confident as Nightwing scared of what is, in comparison to her, pretty much insignificant.

Eventually, we end up at a restaurant that we'd been to before. The owner and Nightwing are friends, believe it or not - and the owner's daughter is obsessed with Nightwing. It's kind of adorable.

We walk into the softly-lit building, and the first thing we hear is a gasp and "Nightwing!"

I step away from the dragon as the young girl runs up to the dragon. Nightwing smiles as she kneels down to say hello.

"Well, you're out late." I look up and see the owner, a middle-aged woman named Barbara. "Jane, that floor is not going to sweep itself!"

The young girl says goodbye to Nightwing before running back to her work, sweeping her small part of the floor. Nightwing greets the woman, and she leads us to our table in the back of the restaurant, which has a little privacy.

"You look awful, Peter." Despite the lack of a question, it's still a demand for an explanation.

"I haven't slept in two days," I mutter. She releases a huff, resting her hands on her hips as she stares me down.

"Now, why in the world would you do that, young man?"

I shrug, not willing to embarrass Nightwing as I keep her meltdown private. I take a sip from the water she's poured for us, accepting her judgemental glare.

"Don't just shrug - what were you doing for two days? You need to take care of yourself, Peter - you've been eating here every day since you were born, I'd hate to see you drop dead before me!"

I can't help but laugh at that. Barbara is the kind of woman that would get fed up with dying and just keep on chugging, flipping off death the whole time.

"Now, where's your friend - with the arm?"

"She's sick," I explain. "Stomach virus. She needs to rest."

"Oh, the poor thing...and you're not staying there with her?"

"Well, I would, but..." I trail off with a sigh. Barbara rolls her eyes at me, and keeps on going.

"And why haven't you slept in two days? Were you staying up with her? Are you sick, young man - you need to rest if you are!"

Barbara is about to continue when Nightwing surprises me by gently tapping her on the arm. Barbara looks at her, and the dragon gestures for her to lean over. Nightwing whispers something, and Barbara retreats with a thoughtful nod.

"I see...in that case, I'll give you both your regulars - on the house. And you'd better go back to your room and get some rest after you eat - both of you. If I see you walking around tomorrow, I'll chase you back up there with a broom." Nightwing and I laugh, but a stern glare from the woman tells us that it's no joke. As she walks away, I lean into the table and give Nightwing a curious smile.

"What'd you say to her? There aren't many things that can stop her mid-rant."

"I told her what happened," she explains, quietly.

"Huh." I smirk as I recline, watching the dragoness thoughtfully. After a moment, she cocks an eyebrow at me.

"What's on your mind?"

"You've changed," I announce. "A lot."

"How so?" She asks, curiously.

"You're more...open. You aren't as guarded about your emotions - you've even made friends with Barbara, of all people! She's the most charismatic person I know - I thought you'd hate her!"

She smiles sadly. "I still let my emotions get the better of me," she announces.

"We all do," I reply with a dismissive wave. "I just...promise me that you'll never say something like that again, alright?"

"Like what?"

"Like...killing yourself."

A somber silence sets over the table for a moment. "I won't. I promise. I would never even think of doing that."

"Good." I smile as I slide my hand across the table and grasp her hand. "I'm glad you're okay."

She blushes lightly, and I remove my hand from hers as Barbara approaches with a tray of food.

"That was fast," I remark, impressed.

"You're the only two people here," Barbara replies. I realize now why Nightwing became such good friends with her: she readily refers to Nightwing as a person, which is more than I can say for most people in this city.

"Alright - for you, the scrambled eggs with home fries..." I lick my lips in anticipation as my favorite meal is placed down in front of - wait, what?

"And for you...a bacon cheeseburger, cooked to Medium perfection!" She places a second paper bag down in front of Nightwing, and we both frown in confusion.

"Now go on - eat in your room. I have to get wrapped up here anyway, so I can't have you making a mess. Now, come on, Jane - say goodbye to Nightwing!"

After our goodbyes, Nightwing and I start to leave. I try to pay, but Barbara refuses. Finally, she ushers Nightwing and I out, and we start our short walk back to the hotel, making light conversation as we do.

"So, how'd you and Barb end up becoming such great friends?"

"Do you remember my first, uh...episode?"

"Yeah - hard not to."

"Well, when I ran, I ended up here - it was the only place that seemed mostly empty. Her daughter saw me, and invited me inside. I tried to refuse - I didn't want to tick anyone off, but she insisted, and, well...she's just like her mother."

I chuckle at that. Yeah, she sure is.

"When Barbara saw me, the first thing she said was, 'hello'. She didn't scream, or flail at me, or beg for her life or chase me out - she said hello to me. Like a person." Nightwing smiles at the thought. "I guess I had come to take that for granted with you and Demetra."

"I suppose so," I reply.

"She made me a cup of tea, and gave me some food. And the way she was acting...it made me feel safe. I felt like I could say anything to her. I ended up telling her all about myself - including what I told you about my time with other dragons." I can't help but feel a bit hurt by the revelation. So she revealed her past to a perfect stranger before me?

"She convinced me to tell you about it, saying that it would help to talk it through with someone I was intimate with. And I've been visiting her every day - except yesterday, but I told her that I'd be busy and wouldn't make it to the restaurant that day, so she wasn't too worried..."

"Why'd you tell her that?"

"Honestly, I had planned to sleep in yesterday. Although now, I suppose we're sleeping in tomorrow."

"Yeah - at broom point." We share a short burst of laughter, and continue to walk in silence, simply enjoying each other's presence.

Finally, the hotel becomes visible as we round the corner: marble and steel together, a mesh of Elven and human architecture. Truly, this city earns the title of "The Elven City for Humans" - the Elves shared amazing technology with us. Plumbing, electricity, artificial lights - all of which went into making this hotel, which has a beautiful penthouse fills with soft linens, and with a large bath with a water source the Elves constructed - but don't allow humans to see, which was a source of some controversy (they're trying to poison us! they're running experiments! you drown in water!).

"You know...I'm proud of you," I announce as we near the doors to the hotel. "You've really put your all into integrating into society."

"Society isn't being very accommodating," she grumbles.

"Yeah, but you're not giving up - and besides, the people who were outside the other day were all drunk and stupid. They were all arrested, and nobody else here wants you gone."

"I hope so," she sighs as we begin to climb the stairs. "I've started to like living in the city..."

"Yeah - so much so you always use the stairs, and almost never fly anymore."

She shrugs, her wings rustling silently as we continue to climb. "I feel like it would panic people. And that's the last thing I want to do. I like some of these people - they're nice."

"Yeah, they are..." I smile at Nightwing, but it's a fake smile, as I am currently dying inside due to how many stairs I've climbed today.

After what feels like an eternity, we arrive at the tenth floor: the penthouse floor. I use the key in my pocket to unlock the door, and we both enter.

"Finally!" I duck just in time for a ball of paper to go soaring past my head at incredible velocity. "I was worried sick you fuckheads!"

"We understand," Nightwing replies. "But I suggest you refrain from referring to me as 'fuckhead' in the future, Elf."

"Oh, shut up you overgrown titty-lizard," Demetra grumbles, laying on her back again. "Ugh, I feel like shit..."

"Yeah, I'd imagine so," I mutter, before catching a whiff of my own scent. "Geeze - I'm gonna take a quick bath after we eat...I smell like shit."

"I'm sure you do," Demetra grumbles as she returns to her books. I roll my eyes as Nightwing and I sit down at a table in the corner of the room and quickly chow down on our food. After we're done, and the table has been cleared, I excuse myself and enter the beautiful, yet oversized, bathroom.

The bath is embedded within a raised platform of ceramic tiling, and gleams with pristine magnificence. I start the water, grateful that the elves have let us have this amazing luxury.

Once the bath is full of hot water, and I am nude, I climb in, letting the warm water ease the tension from my muscles. It feels so nice...

"Mind if I join you?"

I look up as Nightwing approaches, a towel wrapped around her body and her hair. I smile in genuine happiness as I slide over so she can climb in. "By all means."

She drops her towel, and my heart catches in my throat as her muscular beauty is exposed to the world. Her scales shine in the gentle subdued light of the bathroom's dim light bulbs that simulate flickering candles, and her breasts heave with each breath she takes. I blush at the sight, and can't help but admire her form as she sinks into the steaming water one elegant leg at a time.

I slide over to her, and she wraps her arm around me, pulling me close to her in a comfortable embrace. I lean into her, grasping her hand with my own, becoming steadily aroused as my cheek rests on the crest of her breasts.

I look away from her mounds and into her eyes. She smiles, and I smile back as I nestle into her, enjoying our closeness and her warmth, as well as the heat of the bath.

"This is exactly what I needed," she sighs. "To sit in the bath with you..."

I smile sleepily as I nestle into her embrace, the water making my body feel light and senseless. And while I wouldn't mind getting a little frisky with her, I'm far too tired, and all I want to do is fall asleep in her embrace...

"Would you like me to wash you?" Nightwing asks, silently.

"You don't have to do that," I dismiss her offer. "I can take care of that."

"No - I want to," she insists. I give up as I sit up and let her wash me with a bar of soap and a loofa, starting with my back. She turns me around, and surprises me as she pushes me against the wall of the bathtub. She slinks over to me, a coy smile playing across her face as she begins to kiss me, her breasts barely rubbing against my chest. I wrap my arms around her, and she begins to straddle me, her tits pillowing out on my chest, and her pussy lips just barely kissing my cock.

"Are you too tired for this?" She asks, silently.

"Honestly, a little," I mutter in reply. She smiles sympathetically, and places my cock at the entrance to her sweet hole.

"Then just sit back and relax," she whispers to me, kissing me again as she pushes herself down onto my cock. She moans into my mouth, and I close my eyes in bliss.

Our kiss deepens as she bounces on my cock, the water around her rippling and splashing as she moves through it energetically. I grab her buttocks, enjoying the sensations as she rides me.

After a few minutes, we both cum at the same time, moaning and groaning into each other's mouths. Nightwing pulls herself off of my cock, and sits back down on my lap, cuddling into me as I wrap my arms around her.

12