A Family Destroyed Ch. 02

Story Info
6 years have passed.
11.9k words
4.47
133.4k
280
116

Part 2 of the 4 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 04/17/2018
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
soul71
soul71
6,746 Followers

Okay, you asked for it here it is. I do hope it's what you were hoping for.

**********

6 years after Simon sundered his family...

"Mr. Winters?" a strange female voice came over the line.

"Yes, this is he, who may I ask is calling," Simon said politely, as he sat at his kitchen table enjoying his large breakfast on his day off. His chocolate brown hair cut high and tight foretelling his time in the military. His eyes glanced over to his framed metals his grandmother had gotten made for him while he recuperated. Pride swelled in his chest as he looked upon the silver star he had earned along with the purple heart. Along with the few other medals he had earned. His hand reached underneath the table as the pain throbbed in his left leg. They were able to save his leg, yet sometimes he thought it would have been better that they didn't. With sixty percent of his muscle mass in his calf had to be removed due to the remote nature of the operation; and the tourniquet that kept him from bleeding out. He was willing to pay the price knowing he had saved his team member. However, the doctors didn't tell him of the constant pain he be in due to the lost. Still he was able to hold off the attackers while he and his buddy waited for backup. Simon knew if they got their hands on her, nothing they did to him would compare what they would have done to her. That brave act ended his career in the infantry.

"My name is Mrs. Lawless, and I was retained by your grandmother. I'm sorry to inform you, as per her will upon her death, that she wanted you to be informed of her passing." Simon's fork fell from fingers clinging on his plate. He tried to see her as much as he could. He knew her health had turned in the past few months. Yet he hoped she could shake it. "Mr. Winters also per her will I'm to inform you of her final wishes. As to the matter of her estate she has left it all to you. I know this is a difficult time for you, however, in order to ensure her wishes are respected in a timely fashion. I'd would like to see you in my office say in three days time at nine o'clock, would that be acceptable to you Mr. Winters?"

"Yes," Simon said trying to keep his voice steady.

"I'll see you on Thursday morning, again my condolences for your lost." Samuel's phone fell from his grasp. Sliding his plate away his appetite gone. His lip trembled, hot tears reamed his eyes. His grandmother's beautiful smile flashing before him when he first woke up in the hospital. Her encouraging words as she stayed with him during his physical therapy. Some very tough love when he felt like giving up. Reaching for his cane, wiping away his tears, standing in front of the frame his grandmother presented to him when he finish his rehabilitation. Taking it off the wall, walking slowly to his bedroom, he knew he could do one last thing for his grandmother. Something she had always asked him to do, yet he never would given memories associated with it. Gently placing the frame on his bed. Wincing as he put his full weight on his left leg. Opening his closet door, pushing aside his clothes, his brown eyes falling on the blue carrying bag that held his dress uniforms. It might not be the proper thing to do. However, he knew it would please his grandmother, if it irked some veterans he'll deal with it.

Laying the bag long ways on his bed. Turning back to his closest, standing on his toes ignoring the pain as he reached for the hat box that contained his service cap. Bowing off the dust, his hand swapping across the lid. Using his cane to drag his duffle bag out from the closet. Simon had some packing to do, and his boss to inform of his absence. Closing the lid of his trunk, placing his labtop bag on the front seat of his car. Technically, he didn't have to actually work at the office. Being a cyber security technician he could easily work over the web. Which he did quite a bit when his leg hurt to much to hurdle the steps of his apartment complex. Opening the rear passenger side door, unzipping the bag as it hung on the hook. Sniffing the fabric to see if it hadn't grown musty in the years' of its hibernation. Scowling when he closed the bag. Well, he knew of a dry cleaning place in his old home town, if it was still there.

Opening his pain medication bottle, swallowing two pills to endure the eight hour long drive. Sighing when the last four pills rattled in the bottle. Pulling out his phone, calling his VA doctor to see if they could make him an appointment with one of the Choice program doctors in his hometown to get a refill. Simon wasn't about to drive an extra two hours to the VA just for a refill. Pulling out a pen and paper while he sat in his car waiting for his doctor to get back to him. After twenty minutes of tapping his fingers on the steering wheel. Nodding as he wrote down the name, time, and address to the doctors office. Oddly, Simon knew actually where the place was. It used to be his families doctor when he actually had one before they betrayed him. Samuel wondered if old Doc Howard still ran the place, as he started his car.

Pulling into the parking lot of the local motel six. Looking at the clock as he shut off the engine. He hoped he could get a room at 10:30 at night. Reaching over for his cane, as his car door swung open. He always got looks whenever he went out. They don't expect to see a vibrant twenty-four-year-old man walking with a cane. Not that he could blame them. He wasn't expecting to be walking with the aid of a cane either. The lobby of the motel was like any other multi-chain business. In that dull drab beige color kind of welcoming. Simon asked if there were any ground floor rooms available. The receptionist nodded their was, handing her his card paying for the room for the week. He didn't know if he be staying longer or not. He'll have to decide that after he meets with his grandmother's lawyer.

Simon limped into the law of office of Patterson and Patterson at 8:50 on Thursday morning. His dry cleaning should be done by the time he left his grandmother's lawyer office. Then he needed to visit the doctor for his refill. Walking over to the chairs as the secretary called Mrs. Lawless of his arrival. His hands rested on top of his cane. Recounting the years' of joy and the heartache they shared. Simon didn't hear the door opening from the down the hall, nor did he hear the woman approaching him.

"Mr. Winters?" asked a strawberry blonde, freckled, teardrop face woman asked eyeing the dark stained walnut cane. Her wire frame glasses sat high on her nose. Her dark suit jacket was held taut by the single top button. Her cream silk blouse highlighted her alabaster skin as it showed half an inch of the cleavage of her breasts. Her corresponding skirt clung tightly to her hips, her heels accentuated her attire, while lifting her pear shaped ass. Simon's eyes ran up her pale white pantyhose, wondering if they were true pantyhose or stockings? Ignoring the pain as he used his right hand to push him out of his seat.

"Yes," Simon said, keeping the pain that was radiating up his leg from his face.

"Thank you four coming," Mrs. Lawless said extending her hand. As she shook his hand she noticed two things: one it was firm and strong, the second one was she could feel the slight trembling. "Why don't we go to my office," she said, gesturing for Simon to follow. "Can I get you anything?" she asked noticing how he rubbed his left leg as if it pained him terribly, as he sat in the chair before her desk.

"You wouldn't have any aspirin would you?"

"Certainly," she said, pulling open her desk drawer, reaching into mini frig for a small bottle of water. "Here I hope this helps."

"Thank you."

"No problem. Now," Mrs. Lawless said lowering herself into her chair, "Your grandmother made a video will for you. Would you like to watch it?"

"Yes," Simon nodded somberly. Mrs. Lawless clicked the power button of the remote as she aimed it over her shoulder.

"Okay, grandma, that should do it. You sure you don't want me to stay?" Amy's voice could be heard from behind the camera.

"I'm quite sure," Judy said with a curt nod. Simon watched the shadow walking away as it moved across the couch. Her oxygen tanks sat off to the side, its clear plastic hose ran along the couch before running up her chest. Hooking behind her ears, and clipped to her seprum of her nose. "Hello my sweet boy, if you're watching this it means I'm dead. Don't be sad sweetheart. I had a good life. I don't regret... well I do regret what happened six years ago. But I don't regret you showing me the truth about Philip. Though I was saddened that he would toss away years' of marriage like that," Judy sighed, "Yet I've had time to think long and hard on the matter. I saw my family torn apart. Cast to the wind to save what they could. I don't blame you Simon. They brought that upon themselves.

But sweetheart it's time to come home. Your family has missed you so very desperately. This is why I've left everything to you. On the condition that you must live within this very house for five years. Mrs. Lawless will check in every month to ensure you are adhering to my wishes. Each month that you are within this house a check will be handed to you. Of the interest of the wealth I have amassed throughout my life. Trust me Simon it's not something one can easily walk away from. At the end of the five years, and if you are still within this house. Then you my sweet grandson shall have full access to my one hundred and fifty million dollar fortune. However, as I would never push you into this. If you chose to forego my will then all my assets will be given to charity. Although I would hope that you my brave solider would honor my last wishes," Judy said, smiling sweetly one last time at her grandson. "Mrs. Lawless if you would hand my heir the sealed envelop. Oh and, Simon, we will see each other again never doubt that."

Simon was on the verge of tears as the screen froze. He didn't see the illness that took her life. All he saw on that frozen screen was the smiling face of his loving grandmother. He knew he had to honor her last request. It was the least he could do for everything she had done for him. Whatever happens next he'll deal with it as the best he could. He wasn't about to disappoint her at least not in this.

"Mr. Winters," Mrs. Lawless holding out the sealed envelop. Simon tentatively reached out taking the envelop in hand. "How does the first of every month sound to you? Say eight o'clock at night?"

"T-t-that should be fine," Simon said softly, his fingers ran along the edges of the rectangle brown envelop. He could hear keys clinking against plastic.

"Again my sincerest condolences, Ms. Atwater was a very sweet lady," Mrs Lawless said shaking Simon's hand, softly placing her left hand on his arm.

"Yes, she was."

Simon rushed across town it took the dry cleaners longer than he thought it would to find his uniform. Hurriedly pulling into the parking lot, he needed the refill. The aspirin he had taken earlier did nothing to dull the pain. Yet in his rush he failed to see the car he used to know all to well. The nurse's brunette hair bounced as she wrote down notes in a patients file as Simon walked up to the counter.

"Yes, how can I help you?" the woman said as she updated the file without looking up at Simon.

"Yes, I have an appointment to see Dr. Campbell. I'm with the Choice program the VA referred me to this clinic while I'm in town," Samuel said politely as he looked at the clock.

"May I please see your military ID and your Choice card?" she asked holding up her hand. Taking out his wallet from his back pocket. Placing the items into her hand, closing the file was she brought the items down to her gaze.

"Simon!" Amy gasped. Her head shot up like a bolt of lightning. Her eyes going wide as looked upon her brother. "Simon!" she shouted jumping from her seat. Reaching across the desk, wrapping her arms around his neck. Pulling Simon into a crushing hug. "What are you doing here?!"

"Told you I have an appointment," Simon said in a plain matter-of-fact manor as he patted her arm. Ignoring the pain in his leg from the sudden jerk. He had smothered his hate for them long ago. When your laying on the battlefield a hair's breath away from dying such things seemed trivial to him. Although that didn't necessarily mean he had forgotten what they had done either.

"Oh?!" Amy said, looking down at the appointment book seeing the Choice ID penciled in for the time.

"Amy? Is that solider the VA referred here, here yet?" Dr. Campbell asked as she walked down the hall, leaning over the counter placing her last patient file in the payment box.

"Yes Dr? I was just writing him in," Amy said turning to speak to the doctor. Samuel's eyes instinctively ran down his sister's back noticing how she hadn't changed in six years.

"Good. Take him to exam room two while I pull up his VA medical file," Dr. Campbell nodded before walking back to her rear office.

"If you follow me Simon," Amy said blushing. There was so many questions she wanted to ask him. Yet as he rounded the nurses station her eyes went wide as she starred at his cane. "Si..."

"Don't," Simon said darkly.

"Alright," Amy said bowing her head, pressing the new patient file to her chest. It was mandatory for all new patients so they would have their own file with their own observations should the patient chose to make them their primary health care. "This way Simon," she said leading Simon down the hall occasionally glancing back at him. Those eyes of his weren't the same from the boy she once knew. They way he carried himself, she knew he had confidence in himself. If it wasn't for the cane Simon would be walking head tall, shoulders squared, chest out.

"Amy? Would you mind doing the workup? I have to take this call," Dr. Campbell asked as they passed her office.

"Not a problem," Amy said, keeping her smile to herself knowing she'd have more time with Simon. "Please, if you would," she said stepping to the side, gesturing for Simon to enter.

"Please, disrope," Amy said.

"Why I only need a refill on my medication?"

"Simon, you're smarter than that, little brother," Amy said closing the door, resting her back against the door as Simon turned to look at her while putting his weight on his cane. "Did you honestly believe we would write a pain script without doing our own examination on another doctors word?" she asked shaking her head. "Now if you would please disrobe and put on the gown," Amy said, placing the blueish-green paper gown on the examination table. "Then we can see to it that you get the medication you need."

"Then aren't you going to leave?" Simon asked arcing an eyebrow.

"Nope!" Amy said smiling broadly, "I've seen you naked remember?" Biting her lip remembering when she had first seen that hard, thick, veiny cock of his. To this day it still made her mound quake in anticipation.

"Alright, you might not like what you see," Simon said, his anxiety of disrobing in front of people was quickly ended his first day of boot camp. Placing his cane against the examination table, balancing on his right leg as he took off his shirt.

"Oh my!" Amy had to keep herself from moaning out loud as her eyes ran down Simon's cut, chiseled chest. "Would you like to use the chair?" she asked seeing how his left foot hung a few inches above the floor.

"If you don't mind," Simon said, over his shoulder as his hands unbuckled his belt.

"Here," Amy said, patting the back of the chair.

"So..." Simon said, blowing out a breathe glad to take the weight off his left leg as lowered himself into the chair. "Why are you doing the work up isn't that like the doctor's job?"

"I'm a NP, Simon," Amy said, stifling her giggle at his perplexed look. "It stands for Nurse Practioner, Simon. I do most of what a doctor does, I just can't write prescriptions in this state," she said, opening up the folder thinking it best to get started on the questionaire. "Have you been outside the country in the past ten years? If so, where?"

"Iraq, Afghanistan, Germany," Simon said matter-of-fact, slipping of his shoe off of his left foot.

"Were you vaccinated before you went there?" Amy asked praying it wasn't for what she thought it was that was currently running around in her head.

"Yes."

"Any allergies? Seizers? Concussion? Mental disorders?"

"Really sis?" Simon asked arching an eyebrow as he looked up.

"I have to asked Simon."

"No, no, had one took weeks to get the ringing out of my ears, and no mental disorders," Simon said, tossing his shoes over to the examination table. Amy watched as her brother favored his right side as he got out of the chair. She could see the pain in his eyes as he rose. How she wanted to reach out and help him. Yet she knew he would just brush her off.

"When was this concussion?" Amy asked her heart was breaking as she watched him limp to the examination table.

"Four years ago," Simon said matter-of-fact.

"What was the cause?"

"Do you really need to know?" Simon asked skeptical of the line of questioning.

"It's on the form, see!" Amy said, flashing the form in front of him.

"It was..." Simon sighed, "A road side bomb." Amy fought herself from gasping in horror. She need to be professional. She needed to get through the questionnaire. Quickly writing down his information, she wondered how he would answer the next question.

"Are you sexually active?" Amy asked praying he wasn't.

"That can't possibly be on there?!" Simon asked flabbergasted as his hand hovered over the button of his pants.

"See!" Amy said stepping beside her brother. Pointing to the question feeling his body heat soaked into her.

"Christ!" Simon said pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Well?" Amy asked eager to hear the answer.

"No," Simon sighed heavily.

"When was the last time you were sexually active? Was it six months ago?"

"No."

"A year?" Amy kept her smirk from showing from her brother's groan.

"Three and a half years, alright!" Simon growled knowing his sister was getting pleasure out of making him embarrassed.

"That long, huh?" Amy said, her tongue flicking against her teeth.

"Amy!"

"What?! It's just odd that an attractive man isn't sexually active is all," Amy said, setting her folder down behind him. "Now why don't you get those pants off while I listen to your chest."

"How long have you been waiting to use that line?" Simon asked hoping onto the table, slipping his right leg out of his pants. Crossing his left wondering if she was prepared to witness what remained of his leg.

"Oh, wouldn't you like to know?" Amy whispered into his ear. "Oh my god! What happened to you?!" she asked as Simon pulled off his left pants leg. Tossing down her stethoscope onto the folder. Moving in front of her brother, listening to the sound of his pants falling onto the table. "Simon? Tell me what happened to you?" Amy asked her eyes moistening as she examined what remained of his calf. She knew whichever doctor worked on him did the very best to restore some function of the lower leg. Yet as her fingers trailed down the grizzly wound she knew that amount of muscle loss Simon must be in extreme pain.

"I was lucky. My teammate got it a lot worst than I did," Simon siad, flashes of that firefight roared in the back of his mind.

"But how?!"

"Road side bomb," Simon said, looking in his sister's eyes telling that was all he was going to say about it.

"Okay, Simon, I won't push," Amy said squeezing his hand, "But maybe someday you'll tell me," she said sweetly. "Now let's finish this exam shall we," Amy said, fighting herself from taking Simon into her arms.

"Are we all done?" Dr. Campbell asked walking into the room.

"Yes doctor," Amy said placing her stethoscope around her neck.

soul71
soul71
6,746 Followers