A Few Sips Ch. 08

Story Info
A song and an elf.
7.8k words
4.82
16.2k
18

Part 8 of the 18 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 11/17/2015
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The next four weeks went by relatively peacefully at the spa. Business went about as usual around them, and Domino spent time almost every day with Samir. She had finally gotten Alexandru to cook for her, and he would spend part of each night prepping meals for her for the next day. He wasn't overly thrilled that in doing so, he was cooking for her blond friend, but he dealt with it because he knew Samir watched over her during the day. Domino was working again, her computer was stored for her in the room upstairs so that she could sit in a sunlit room while she completed her daily tasks. Her job was something that she and Alexandru hadn't really agreed on. He wanted her to quit, and she wasn't ready to. She liked the work and enjoyed the interaction that she had with her coworkers through emails and IMs.

Samir had taken her fishing several more times, and he'd walked with her around the large property, talking to her about the creatures a little more that lived on it, or ones that had lived there at one point or another. she was kind of happy to have missed a few of the former employees. The gargoyles had sounded a little intense to her. Deandra, who she had finally met, was a big fan of card games, and along with Samir and Shi, the four of them had set up a regular mid-afternoon game of pitch while the rest of the spa rested during that part of the day. Mr. Hughes would even join them from time to time. Domino felt like she had friends here, and the agoraphobia that had plagued her while living in Vermont in her little apartment had all but seemed to vanish. The only thing that kept her chained to the property, it seemed, was the pole and blood pump that she had to take everywhere.

The only things that had really changed in the last month were that her transfusion rate had increased gradually each week, and Alexandru had become a much more tender lover, afraid to aggravate the life growing inside of her. He had grown into that attentive, protective boyfriend who wanted to know every minute detail of her life, and he would lay in bed, their bodies on their sides, facing each other, and they would talk about their past, their present, and their future. He told her about his childhood as a human, about growing up and becoming a soldier. He told her about the night that he'd been injured, sliced open with a wound that would have proven fatal if fate, or more aptly, a vampire named Klaus, hadn't intervened. He'd woken the next night a vampire and his life had changed forever. He was adamant when he told her that he wasn't dead, however, like all of the movies and books liked to say about vampires. He was very much alive. She already knew that, she knew his body now just as well as he did.

It had surprised her to hear that he had been married at the time of his change, to a Romanian woman he described as curvaceous and lovely, and they'd had children together. He had spied them from afar for many years after he had changed, but had never returned, too afraid that he would scare them, or, at the very worst, feed on them. They had grown older, eventually dying, and he had felt their passing deeply, finally leaving his home country once and for all after his youngest daughter had died. It was a part of the vampire that he usually kept very much to himself, but he felt a need to tell Domino everything. So he told her the good, and he told her the bad, and she listened and responded, and loved him all the more for his honesty.

He didn't feed on her again, either, though Domino knew that there were times that he really wanted to do so. She knew it was especially hard when he would wake at night and make love to her for a few hours before begging her forgiveness and saying that he had to leave, and that he probably wouldn't be back for a day or so. He never left her for longer than that, and she found herself okay with the absence, she was getting more and more tired now, and the extra sleep was appreciated.

On days when Alexandru was gone, she would often awake to find not Samir, but Mr. Hughes in the kitchenette. He didn't cook, but he would be waiting for her to leave her room, a tray of food from the upstairs kitchen on the table in front of him. They would talk about his plans for the day, and he would tell her a little about the clients in the spa and some of the interesting situations that arose from time to time. She could tell that he was very fond of his employees, even the obstinate ones like Alexandru. Domino had quickly realized that he had made this place into somewhat of a sanctuary for non-humans that either had nowhere else to go, or felt more comfortable hidden away in this remote Canadian paradise. She could understand that, it was beautiful here, and they were surrounded by gorgeous bits of nature.

It was where she was now, walking slowly beside the owner, along a carefully constructed path through the woods, and Domino was gazing absently out at the trees around her. It was a quiet majesty to walk in these trees, the air sweet and fragrant to her nose, the sunlight striking as it beat little paths through the stalks of the trees. One could definitely lose themselves quite happily here.

"I think I want to talk to you about Anya." The barely audible voice beside her made Domino stiffen a little and she looked at him out of the corner of her eye.

"Only if you want to, Arc. I can't think of a touchier subject for you." She told him gently, wrapping her hand through his as they slowed their walking a little.

"She came to the spa by way of her lawyer, she'd told him she'd missed having sex, and he had thought to oblige her. He didn't know that she was a light siren, there is something about her that keeps most of us from realizing why she affects us so much. An adaptation, I suppose, that allowed her kind to survive, even just a little." He started, leading her over to a boulder along the side of the path, and they sat down on it, one leg tucked up on it so that they could face one another.

"You have a history with the light sirens, don't you?" Domino squeezed the hand that still held hers.

"I do," He nodded slowly as he looked without direction behind her, "And it's not a good one."

Domino shivered, no, it wasn't a good one, "She can't blame you for it. You were told to."

"I killed women and children, unborn dragons, I blame myself for it more than anyone else ever could." His voice was pained and she knew where some of the pain in his eyes came from, he was punishing himself.

"Afterwards, I shared my anger and opposition with my god, and he cast me out, but I had been a favorite of sorts, so he allowed me to fall to earth instead of being sent to hell to become a demon. I chose to come here." He waved at the ground around them.

"I am thankful for that, however selfish that is. But I can't imagine losing my place, my home, with the rest of my kind. Not when how you felt was justified." She told him.

Mr. Hughes looked at her with a soft smile, his explanation only touched at a much larger picture, but he didn't want to burden her with too much of him, not all at once, "I didn't expect to fall for a client. I know she wanted to be with me, too, but not in the way I needed her. When I found out what she was, later, after she had left...I didn't handle it well. I was angry that I'd lost her, I was angry that I'd loved her, I was angry all the time. I blamed her for my punishment, I blamed her for making me go against my god. I blamed her for this life, and I blamed myself for killing off her species."

"You were just a hot mess."

He nodded, "That's putting it simply."

"Did she know? Did she know what she caused you?"

He nodded, "She was told before me."

"It didn't change things, though, did it? It didn't make you feel any better?"

"She won't talk to me, she thinks I tried to control her life after she left the spa. Whatever I did, it was out of concern for her. She affects non-humans and I wanted her safe. But all she can see was my interference."

"Yet, it's because of your guilt over having to murder off her kind that you've been taken away from your own species and left here. Alone." Domino frowned, he was looking away from her again, his face tilted up lightly as he looked into the sky.

"I can still hear them, you know, faintly, through the heat of the sky, the wind, I hear the songs, the call, that will never go away, but I can never return." His words made her gut tighten, it must be miserable to know what he was missing, to be unable to get back into the favor of his god. It seemed very unfair.

"Cutting off your wings was supposed to do what, soothe that pain?" She prodded, his eyes moved back to her face as he frowned at her.

"We all have our dark moments." He muttered.

Domino cocked her head to the side and shook it gently, "No, you don't get to dismiss torturing yourself as a 'dark moment.' We're friends, Arc, and I won't let you do that."

"Knowing I was punished for doing a task that hadn't even been successful, it has intensified things a bit, it's made it harder to listen to their song. I thought if I cut off my wings, it would numb it."

"And did that work?" She asked, watching as he stood and scratched the back of his head with a hand.

"No."

"And now you have no wings. It was kind of an idiotic thing to do. You must have been so sexy once." She joked gently, watching as he smiled a little at her.

"Your boyfriend called me an idiot."

"You told him?"

"Yes, I figured you might have already, but he didn't know. You kept your secret. I appreciate that. Not many people these days seem to be able to keep secrets."

"Well, so far, other than Alexandru, the only person I might have thought to confide in was Samir, and he already knew, and we have a strict 'we don't talk about Mr. Hughes' wings' policy." She heard him chuckle a little, that was good.

"After she moved in with the wolves, I wrote her. I apologized for what I'd done to her, and for what I had done to her kind. She never wrote me back. The first time I heard anything from her, it was through Mr. Bricker, and it was about you." He put his hands in the pockets of his pants.

"I don't know her well, Arc. I'm not a non-human, at least not yet, so she doesn't affect me the way she does all of you. What she did to you pisses me off. If she can't see that, then she's a fool and you deserve better. You shouldn't be torturing yourself for her. Plus, I can imagine that what happened with the light sirens happened a long time ago, and there has got to be some sort of limitation on just how long you have to punish yourself for that. You weren't even the only angel to partake in the...killing, and they are all up there singing while you're down here hating yourself for it." Domino scooted off of the boulder, grabbing the tops of his forearms as he moved forward to help her.

"I am not sure I am ready to believe you, Domino, but I appreciate you believing in me." His voice was a little husky as he pulled her into is embrace and Domino closed her eyes and wrapped her arms around him in turn.

"If you need me to go to Duluth and run over her with a dump trunk, I am more than willing to do so. Just say the word." She whispered against him and felt his chest rumble with his deep chuckle as he squeezed her a little tighter for a moment, then took a step back to smile down at her.

"I do not need to deal with a pack of angry werewolves, Domino. Not even a small pack like Sergei's. We will just leave her there."

"Whatever, but I have been watching Alexandru use knives in the kitchen, I think I can do some damage before they take me down. Just let me know." Domino winked at him and looped her arm through his as they turned towards the path that would lead them back to the house.

"I will, Dom." He nodded and they started walking.

"Do you remember the songs?" She asked quietly as they moved through the trees.

"I could never forget them." He said in a murmur.

"Could you sing me one?"

"The words are not in English, you wouldn't understand." He furrowed a brow at her.

"I don't care, I'd love to hear a little." She pressed, it would be nothing short of a true miracle to hear a song sung by an angel.

"All right." He sighed, lifting his head up a moment as if he was trying to catch a melody that sifted through the clouds above them through the trees.

When he started singing, her heart tightened and her body was warmed and comforted. His voice was deep and pure, beautiful in tone and depth and sure, the words sliding from his throat in such a way it almost sounded like he never paused to breathe. She'd never heard anything like it, it wasn't the common five chords that were in modern music, it was something ancient, and beautiful, angelic, she supposed, and while he sang, she found herself pausing in her steps to simply stand there and listen to him. He wasn't singing loudly, nor was his voice a whisper, but when he sang, his eyes closed and he gave himself to the song and she thought that maybe, he didn't even remember where he was, or that she was there, he was so focused on the words he sang.

It was enchanting, standing there in the woods, the sun filtering through the trees and his voice surrounding her, the words making her skin tingle and warm. For Domino, it was not unlike that feeling you get when you take the first bite of a big, gooey chocolate chip cookie straight from the oven, though it seemed a lame analogy, but it was full of warmth, wonder, a deep hunger from deep inside at the expectation of the flavors and scents involved. She just stood and stared, and it wasn't until he finally opened his eyes just a little and the words from his mouth began to fade that she touched her cheek and realized that she was crying.

"Arc, that was beautiful." Her voice was shaky as she tried to get her emotions under control, wiping at the tears falling from her eyes as she spoke.

"I want you to take two steps toward me, slowly. Don't be scared." His gray eyes weren't focused on her, she realized, he was looking slightly to her left.

Domino stiffened and tried not to rush, but she took the two steps quickly and he suddenly reached out his arms and pulled her tightly into his arms, she let him pull her close and wrapped her arms around his waist as she turned her head to look behind her. She wasn't sure exactly what she expected to see, but it definitely wasn't the two tall, handsome men who stood about ten feet before them now in the woods. They both had long hair that was pulled pack from their eyes in leather and jewel encrusted clasps. Their skin was somewhat olive colored, and smooth, as if they didn't even know what acne was, nor did it look like they'd ever needed to shave. Their jaws were firm, masculine, and set in a line that showed their amusement at what Mr. Hughes had requested that she do.

They were wearing robes of a deep chestnut color, and the clothing underneath was equally long and ornately embroidered. Their hands were clasped in front of them, low, as they stared quietly at Domino and Mr. Hughes, and their eyes, eyes that seemed like they were slightly, just slightly, larger than a normal human's eyes. That would have been enough for Domino to guess that they were non-human, if not for the pointed ears that bellied the same knowledge.

"What are you doing here, Thorontur?" Mr. Hughes' voice was filled with his displeasure.

The one on the left tilted his head a little, his brown eyes had been centered on Domino for a moment, but he finally turned to Mr. Hughes with a look of humor on his face, "I thought to ask for your counsel, Mr. Hughes, we are sorry if our appearance is somewhat of a bother."

"You're an extremely long way from home." Mr. Hughes softened his voice, his body was still straight, and he didn't appear to be scared of these two men, just very very annoyed.

"I suppose we should have called first, as the humans would say," Those entrancing brown eyes looked over Domino more slowly as he spoke, "But we did not want to chance a refusal from you about our visit. Our business is rather important."

"You are correct. I would not have welcomed you here." This was angry Mr. Hughes, in charge Mr. Hughes, and she silently applauded him, tell these two whatever they are's to get lost.

Domino knew her eyes echoed that as she glared icily back at the two men and she watched as the one, Thorontur, smiled in amusement.

"Does this one belong to you? I thought you usually kept yours locked away and tied up." Thorontur said, humored by the situation, and Domino felt the man she had finally stopped clinging to stiffen just a little bit.

"Domino, this is Thorontur and his brother, Faeron. They are wood elves. Thorontur, Faeron, this is Domino, she is Alexandru's bloodmate." Mr. Hughes introduced them.

Ooooh, wood elves, probably the nasty kind. Samir had told her that not all elves were nice, and Mr. Hughes was nice to non-humans, so he must have reason not to like them. He had called her a bloodmate. She supposed that was a good way to describe her relationship with her lover, it sounded more intimate than 'boyfriend' at least. She frowned at them as they nodded at her.

"A human bloodmate, and a pregnant one, I assume." Thorontur took a step forward as he nodded his head at her.

"Assume whatever you want." Mr. Hughes looked over at the younger brother, "I have a spa to run, what is it that you want to talk about?"

"The human equipment, is this what you are doing to save her?" Thorontur ignored Mr. Hughes' question and waved at the tubing that was running from her arm.

"I think I should return her to the spa. You can either wait for me here or come with us and wait for me in my office." He knew he wasn't going to get anywhere like this, they would bluster and redirect until they got their questions answered, nosy elves.

"We would gladly join you. As you've said, it was a long journey and we would like some libations, if you would permit it."

Libations, what a word, now it felt like they were just trying to sound important. Domino felt Mr. Hughes clasp her hand in his and they turned to walk towards the spa. She knew the two wood elves were walking behind them, matching their somewhat slow pace because of her pole, she could feel them watching her.

"How far along is she?" The younger elf finally spoke, his voice as melodious as the first.

"Three months." Mr. Hughes said, looking down at Domino who was watching him closely.

Domino made a stabbing motion with her hand that only Mr. Hughes could see and he smiled in humor, she was willing to cut these two annoying creatures if he wanted her to.

"You should add erithropoietin to her meds if you haven't already. And a separate infusion of platelets if she makes it to six months." Faeron said and Mr. Hughes frowned and looked over his shoulder.

"What would you know about it?" He asked.

"I don't. But I know Klaus." Faeron shrugged and Domino felt her eyes widen, Klaus was the name of the vampire that turned Alexandru!

"Is Klaus the scientist who studied this?" Domino asked quietly.

Mr. Hughes nodded at her.

"Is he a vampire?"

Another nod. Seriously? Alexandru's sire was the vampire scientist who had tried to keep human women alive? She wondered if he knew that. It was extremely coincidental. Domino looked ahead of them and saw the end of the woods in the path. It was a sunny day, a day that she wouldn't get to see all that many more of when she let Alexandru change her, but she wouldn't think of that, she could only think of him, and the baby she held inside of her. She wanted forever with them.

"When we go inside, Domino, I want you to go downstairs, all right?" Mr. Hughes said to her as they stepped into the open back yard of the spa.

Domino nodded, she would be happy to leave him with these two elves, though at the same time she worried that maybe he shouldn't be alone with them. They were not entirely kind, she could tell, and he wasn't himself right now. Frowning, she tried to decide whether or not to listen to him. As the approached the patio, however, she saw Samir sitting on the railing, a piece of wood in his hands that he'd been cutting with a knife. When he saw them approach, he smiled at first, and then frowned when he saw the darker-clad forms of the thin, tall elves behind them.