A Forbidden Love Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Not once did we break contact when we rolled over each other, her laying on her back as I lay on her. With her insistence from her hips, I found the pace she'd started, moving into her and drawing out again with the slow rhythm she'd set. Our lips connected again while her fingers massaged my chest and abdomen, a few times drawing a little away from her when she touched the ticklish zones. There was no playfulness in the love making, only that, love. My hips rose and fell, plunging into her with an aching slowness. Some part of me wondered at the time if other couples did this, but I knew the guys at school didn't, not as immature as most were towards sex. Rene and I weren't having sex, then, it was more than that, something far deeper in those moments.

It was bound to happen, eventually. The slow pace did still have a limit and I started feeling that same pressure rising up inside me, making its way towards the tip of my cock. Not once did I give a sign of the impending climax, nor did she. The warm liquid flowed down over my head, the sign of her own orgasm, even as mine finally shot forth and free into her. We both felt it, the love between us growing inside her even as we finished in no spectacular manner, subdued but more than satisfied. Though not tired at all, I laid down next to her, she closing the distance between us so we were as close in body as in spirit.

Perhaps if we'd have known before we planned our night together, if we'd known what would happen, we'd have stayed home that night. We fell asleep together, holding each other closely, blissfully unaware of the rest of the world.

Something had to wake us, but the cell phone ringing at a little after five in the morning certainly wasn't the expected wake up call. Answering it half groggy, a female voice answered my grunt. "Is this Rick Shepard?" I answered with another grunt, about the only thing I could think of. Curled up against my chest, Rene slept, angelic in sleep as when awake. "I'm afraid I have some bad news."

Almost all of the sleep faded enough for me to understand the last two words. Before the woman on the other end could continue, I blurted out, "I'm sorry, who is this again?"

"I'm Dr. Reve, the doctor who treating your parents." The last vestiges faded from my mind as the situation worsened. "You're parents were involved in a serious car accident and brought here to Yale-New Haven for treatment. As the next of kin, you need to come as soon as you can."

Numb with the news, some small part of me still had enough sense to ask the doctor about their condition. "I'm afraid I'd rather give that to you here. It'd be better than over the phone. I can tell you they are in critical condition."

Something roused my lover from her sleep, but unlike me, she woke up immediately, seeing me expressionless and numb. "I-I'll be there as soon as I can."

While Rene tried to get me to tell her what the news was, the doctor asked, "Do you know where your sister is? We'd like for her to come as well."

I nodded, though it didn't occur to me that over the phone, the doctor wouldn't see it. When she prompted me again, I answered quickly, "Yes, I know where she is. We'll be there soon."

My thumb closed the line as I lay there, almost feeling everything drained away in a single moment. Rene looked at me with a fear I'd never seen before then, seeing her husband-to-be lying there unmoving. "Rick? Please, oh, please, say something," she pleaded.

It took a long time to actually react to anything, let alone her. I looked at her, then sat up slowly. "Mom and dad are in the hospital and they need us there."

"Mom, dad? Why, what happened?" She tried to get me to face her, though I knew tears were already beginning to sting her eyes.

Something couldn't bring me to face her, knowing I'd have to confirm her fears. "The doctor said they're in critical condition."

She fell back, I felt from the way the bed sagged suddenly. I could hear a sob, knocking me a little out of the shock. Turning to her, she sat there, curled up into a ball with her legs pulled up to her chest, her arms holding them close. I saw tears in the dim light, glistening in strange ways as she held herself. Finding her in the darkened room, I pulled her close, and she didn't resist me now, preferring my embrace to her own, less comforting one. We just sat there, holding each other, for awhile. There was that sibling comforting there, but it mixed with that of two people in love comforting each other in those dark moments of life.

It didn't take us long to get dressed and ready to go. It took some effort, though, as we went out to my car. The drive there, though not actually that long, felt like it took forever. Times like that, no matter how close you are, it always feels like you're a million miles away. But we did get there soon enough and rushed into the hospital. After a nurse gave us a set of directions, we eagerly followed them through the hospital, arriving at the emergency room's front desk. The nurse directed us to a tall woman in a doctor's white coat.

The details were hard to hear, and neither Rene nor I could stop each other from holding one another. At the moment, no one would have guessed at just why, chalking it up to a brother and sister hearing very bad news. My father, Dr. Reve told us, had died just after she'd called, but our mother still lay in critical condition. The tone and wording gave an indication the doctor didn't think she'd survive, though she never uttered those words. When Rene asked to see mom, the doctor led us to a room. On a single bed, my mother lay surrounded by beeping machines. Her head was heavily bandaged, her body wrapped like a mummy's.

The doctor left after a few more words, leaving Rene and I with our mother sleeping. I pulled a chair up for my sister to sit in, while she found mom's hand and held it, holding back the tears. I moved to the other side of the bed and took my mother's other hand. Maybe sensing her two eldest children near, she began to open her eyes, greatly weakened but still holding a spark of life in them. Almost immediately, Rene stood up, trying to smile reassuringly, while mom looked at us both with strained effort.

Mom didn't say anything, even as Rene tried to soothe her, saying she'd be alright, that she'd be home soon enough. It didn't occur to me, but mom just gave us a long look, as if seeing us for the first time. When her eyes look down to Rene's stomach, a look Rene didn't spot, I wondered if mom knew. The reaction tells me she did, as she used what little strength she had to pull our hands over the bed and placed them in each other, eliciting a look at each other.

"You two do look good together," she whispered, the mere words taking effort she needed in other areas. "You always did. Promise you'll be there for one another."

The thought crossed from me to my twin and back again, that we might have just gotten the approval of our mother. We each agreed to our mother's request, though not saying or doing anything more in case we misconstrued her message. She smiled a little, returning back to sleep.

When Rene and I finally left the room, we wandered down to the cafeteria, sitting down together despite the people in the room. We just drank some coffee while talking, mostly trying to help each other through the terrible situation. It took awhile before we could make our way back to the ER to find the doctor again.

For some reason, Rene wanted to see our father's body, and there was still a question neither of us wanted to consider that needed to be asked nonetheless. After showing us to the room with dad's body still lying on a gurney, his wounds hidden by a sheet, and the body cold with a blue tint to it, Rene just stood looking at him, as if expecting him to wake up any moment. I asked the woman the question a little off to the side, "Was there a little girl, about eight months old, brought in with my parents?"

The doctor smiled and nodded. "Yes, but we weren't sure which car the baby came from. She's fine, just a few bruises."

I took a deep breathe and let it out in relief. "She's our sister. Do you think you could release her to us?"

"Of course, I'll just need you to sign a few things before you can go." She looked down at her beeper when it began its urgent beeping, then looked at me with a serious expression. "Please stay here. I'll be back as soon as I can. And I'll see about having your sister brought to you." She turned without an answer and hurried out of the room, closing the door behind her.

I walked up behind my sister and put my arms around her. She leaned back against me, letting the silence of the room hang about. Neither of us moved again for a very long until we heard the door open. On reflex, my arms removed themselves from Rene as I took a step back. Dr. Reve informed us mom passed when she entered, bringing Rene back into my arms as I held her, her sobs muffled against my chest. It took me a moment to realize, despite my own lack of sobbing, tears were rolling down my face.

12