A Girl in Need Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Jake and John barbecued steaks for the adults and hamburgers and hot dogs for the kids. It made for quite a little party. I looked out once in a while to see that Jake and his Dad seemed to be having a pretty earnest conversation while barbecuing the meat. After a pleasant supper, Jake and I took a walk down by the lake on our own. Arms around each other, we talked about getting the kids ready for their trip and how we would use the time on our own to do more at the lake house, like finally choosing colours and designing the kitchen.

I looked at Jake, who was so serious for a change, and I asked, "Why so somber? Since you were talking with your dad you have been miles away. Is it something serious?"

"In a way it is."

"Too serious to tell me what it is?"

"Oh no, you would have to know anyway."

"Then tell me, don't keep me on tenterhooks."

"Actually, I started thinking about it while we were at our house before Bill got there. This investigation really got to me emotionally, much more so than any other I have done. In a way, once everything came out, I think that Laura used us to an extent to get what she wanted. Don't get me wrong, I don't for one minute think that Bernard got a raw deal, but Laura leaving that letter and the DNA reports out for him to find, and also giving the journal to the elders was pretty cold and calculating. Nothing illegal about it, but it was certainly calculated to put him over the edge. I don't ever want another investigation like that one. Then the SIU being called in was the final straw, so I was asking Dad if he wanted me sooner than six months, and specifically if he would like to have me right after we are married. He is actually pretty happy about it; he wants to start furnishing an office for me already."

For a minute I was just thrilled by Jake's words 'at our house' and by the thought that about 7 weeks from now I would be Mrs. Jake Rogers and the lake house would truly be 'Our House'. Then I settled back down, thinking about what had happened with the case.

"Jake, I've had similar misgivings as well. Laura has always seemed so in control. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that she has other plans yet. To me, the only good things about the whole deal are that I met you, that I'm going to become Mrs. John Rogers II, and that I'll increase my number of children by at least two."

I then put my arms around his neck, pulling him down to me and kissing him. Our tongues slid together, my nipples stood up against his chest and I could feel his hardness against my lower body.

"Down boy," I whispered, "wait till Monday. Then it's your day."

Jake grinned, "Now you are absolutely sure about that, are you? I'm definitely going to take you up on it, that's for sure. I have been looking forward to that for two weeks. Are you still going to take Mom's advice?"

"Oh, absolutely, pregnant and barefoot, that's going to be me! I can't think of anything better than having our baby."

"Good, we start Monday."

Laughing our heads off, we walked back up to the house, packed up three tired kids and one very tired Aunt and went off to our homes to get the kids all packed and ready. I had a long shower before going to bed; it had been a long distressing day. I had one good thought to sleep on, though, If Jake was going to take up his Dad's offer and resign from the police, it wouldn't distress me a bit!

Sunday morning we were up early and stood on the dock waving goodbye as three little faces lined the plane windows while John took off. They looped around before they flew off to the north and we went to the Lake House. About an hour later, Jake's phone rang and they told us they had landed safely and were setting up to go fishing. How fickle children can be! Sean couldn't wait to get rid of the phone to Anne, barely giving me a, "Bye, Mom."

Between kisses and a little heavy petting, well maybe more than a little (There was still no place to lay down, or even sit comfortably) we got some work done on paint schemes and kitchen cupboards, enough to give Jake's Mom a list. Then Jake dropped me off at home so I could pack and get ready to go, while he went to the office to make out his official statement for Bill. For the rest of the night, I couldn't stop thinking, Well, just one more day and I will be his, and he will be mine. I could barely wait; the excitement was really getting to me.

Jake picked me up at about seven thirty so we could get breakfast at Oliver's first. As we were going on an official trip, I wore my black ensemble from several days before. I picked up my bag, tossed my jacket over my shoulder and I was absolutely ready. I slammed the door shut eliciting a laugh from Jake, "Wow, let's just go to my place for the day."

I grinned back at him, tossed my bag to him, which he caught, and then he began holding his back in mock pain. He put the bag in the car, and we got in the SUV. I fastened my belt, and then I slid my hands down over the swell of my breasts.

"Jake, if you want this body, you better drive." Lord what this man does to me! I had never come close to saying anything like that to Geoff. He wiped his brow with his hand as if removing sweat. Then roaring with laughter we drove to Oliver's where we had a good breakfast along with fending off Brenda's questioning about where we were going. After a second coffee we decided to head for the office.

When we got there, Bill asked us to go into his office and told us to close the door. He looked up at Jake. "Well, I don't know how you managed it, but the SIU has backed off. I spent most of last night with the head investigator out of Sunbury. I gather, from what he told me, that someone a lot higher up the food chain than him called him at around four thirty in the afternoon and told him that he better get his ass up here pretty quick and see if there was any foundation to the call. He went over all the paper, autopsy results and statements and found there was no foundation. Jacobs wasn't in police custody, you had no reason to suspect that he was unstable and the bullets you fired went through the roof of the barn. His remarks were that if anyone was in any way culpable it was Laura. He was amazed at her letter. Anyway, you are off the hook, so both of you can have a good time. Pat, make sure he treats you really well, he can afford it." He grinned at both of us.

We got the computer and Jake stowed it in the lock box in the back. I asked him, "Where is the vest and gun?" but he just laughed and asked right back, "Why? Do you think I will need it tonight?"

We took off heading south, chatting aimlessly for a while, before I asked, "Jake can I ask you a question? When I talked to your Mom the first day we met, she mentioned something she called 'your project'. I got the feeling that it was something really important to you. Ella mentioned it too. Can I ask what it is?"

"Ok, it's something you deserve to know; it's no big secret, pretty simple really. When Jenny died, I went through a really rough period. My 'project' has to do with the property that the lake house is on, which has been in the family for years. We built the dock there so that we could just hop in a boat, head across the lake and we could be at a nice quiet place to have a barbecue or a picnic, away from the phones and day to day business. The dock has been there since I was a teen. Then we built the shelter and it just came together over the years. It has always been one of my favourite places. I used to camp there when I came home for my construction holidays."

"Like I said, it was a rough time for both me and the kids. I was pretty much at a loss without Jenny. Mentally I was a basket case! Looking after the kids and working didn't use up all my time. I was feeling absolutely driven to work, but I couldn't sleep properly, tossing and turning with nightmares, and it felt like I needed to do something with my hands and energy that wasn't being satisfied by my normal work. Then one day I saw the design for the centre portion of the lake house. I thought it looked great and decided that I would build it on that lot. I spent a lot of time studying the design, and decided it could be better, so I added two rooms to one side of the plan, a garage to the other and then decided to make it two stories. I always had the idea that maybe one day I would be living in that house with a family, so mentally it was healing for me. I became more comfortable with myself. The construction was pretty much a labor of love. Dad and I did most of the work on the place ourselves except for the plumbing, wiring and heating.'

'We worked on it up until a couple of months ago when we got it to the stage it is at now. I always loved the view of the lake that you get from there, and I was hoping that I would meet someone to share it with. When I met you I couldn't believe it. Everything seemed to fall into place. All I needed was for you to feel the same way, and I was on tenterhooks until I knew that you returned my feelings. That was what my 'project' was, and I like to think it helped me deal with the feelings that I was still beset with after Jenny's death.

You didn't know it and I didn't know it, but it sure looks like I was building that house for you!"

"Jake, that's one of the nicest things anyone ever said to me, and I am absolutely sure that it will be a great house for us. In some weird way, I sort of feel like I have Jenny to thank for it, as well as you."

"Ok, Jake, that is one family secret, now what about the other one? I asked Ella about how she and your Mom getting your Dad kicked out of the army, and she told me to ask you when we had some time to talk. So, how about the big secret?"

"Oh, lord, that old tale! Well, Dad and Tim had both made warrant officer. They had both had Special Forces training, and we were stationed in Germany on temporary assignment to a US Army unit. You have probably heard about the drinking that goes on in the forces and, let's face it, the swinging that sometimes happens, though it's not nearly as much as people think. Anyway, on this one base there was quite a bit of both. The senior warrant officer, a Joe Green, really fancied himself as God's gift to the females, and we had heard that he wasn't too particular about how he made his conquests. There were mutterings about several rapes, but nobody had come forward. They didn't want to rock the boat I guess."

"Dad, Mom, Jim and Ella were never part of that particular circle, though. I guess they already had the partners they wanted in their lives, but they did take part in the life of the Mess in general, what with dances, dinners and such. Joe seemed to be taking a lot of interest in Mom, asking her to dance, trying to feel her up, that type of thing. Then Dad and Tim started getting temporary duty assignments away from the camp. Mom and Ella were getting concerned, so Dad took some baseball bats, drilled them out, filled them with lead, and took Mom and Ella out to the training grounds and showed them how to use them on dummies. After that there was a baseball bat at each door of both our homes."

"Our homes actually backed on to one another, and Dad put a gate in the fence so that we could go back and forth without anyone seeing us. After that, whenever the men were away, we took turns heading for each other's homes, having sleepovers and feeling that we had more protection with both Mom and Ella there. Jenny and I were having a ball."

"One night, while Dad and Tim were away on a training mission, Joe Green showed up at our place. The plan to cover that situation was for Ella to be handy with a camera, and my job was to call the base MPs. I heard Mom go to the door, and I saw that Green was there at the door with Mom, telling her he knew what she wanted, and he was there to give it to her. He had someone outside keeping watch. Mom told him to get out and tried to push the door closed. He pushed his way in and Ella stepped out and took his photograph. The flash drew his attention and Mom stepped back, grabbed the bat, swung it and nailed him right between the legs. (She used to play softball in her teens). Then, as he fell, she swung again and again, breaking his kneecap and the other lower leg. He was just writhing in pain. I called the MPs and the medics."

"Well, Dad and Tim were called back and there was a big investigation. Green was court-martialed, busted down to PFC and went to jail for 5 years. However, typical of the military, it was pretty well hushed up. The MPs were quick to point out that Mom had disabled Green with the first blow, and that the rest were unnecessary. They didn't want to lay any charges against Mom, (apparently Green wasn't going to father any more kids) so they suggested that Dad quietly retire. They also didn't want a whole bunch of women coming forward and saying that this was far from the first attack. Dad always says that the Americans didn't want it being noised around that their star noncom was defeated by a woman."

"It's like Mom says. It takes a lot to get her riled, but then look out."

I burst out laughing, as I could just imagine it! Being in this family was going to be fun as long as I could live up to it, and I knew that Jake would be the guy to help me do just that. I didn't think I would need any baseball bats, though. I glanced at him and grinned.

"Am I going to need a baseball bat to keep you in line?"

He turned and just leered, looking at my breasts and down my body, making me shiver in anticipation.

"I think baseball bats, at a minimum, just might be necessary, especially when you look like that."

"How about if I get pregnant, fat and ugly? What then?.

"Pregnant maybe, in fact I hope so, but fat and ugly, never."

"Flattery will get you anywhere. Your mother has taught you well."

Chatting the way we were made the long trip pass quickly, and when we were between Barrie and Toronto, I asked Jake, "Can we go to Yorkdale on the way in to town? I have a bit of shopping to do."

"Dare I ask what it is?"

"You'll find out eventually, but it's my secret until then. You go find a Starbucks and I'll join you there. Oh, by the way, you don't need to find a drugstore, protection won't be needed."

We eventually found our way to the Yorkdale Mall and I was glad that we were finally stopped. First on my list was a bathroom break, and then I was going shopping. I didn't have anything that could even begin to be described as sexy lingerie; I'm a very practical lady, and Sean wasn't one I wanted to show off to. I headed straight off to the new Victoria's Secret store where I told the clerk what I was looking for and she showed me some of their lines. Whatever I decided to buy, Jake was going to be in for a treat tonight! I was out to knock his socks off without a doubt. I took some lingerie through to the fitting room and eventually settled on two outfits, one black sheer baby doll and a second pink one that was almost as sheer. They highlighted my breasts just beautifully. My nipples popped out just with the thought of the coming night. To complement them, I bought sheer thongs in the same colours.

I caught up with Jake at Starbucks where we both had a coffee, and then we went to Bay and Bloor to the office of the Child Porn Section. It had started off as Project P, a joint operation, but had evolved to a unit that dealt almost exclusively with Child Pornography and Internet Luring. Jake told me about it, and said that he didn't understand how the officers involved could possibly continue to do the job, as some of the material is so horrendous that he wouldn't be able to view it.

He passed the laptop over to one of the officers there, telling him how it was found, what was on it and that the user was now dead, but that they should get a bunch of email addresses off it that would be useful to them. The officer signed for it, Jake put the forms in his briefcase and we took off down Bay Street. I wasn't paying too much attention, figuring that within the next few minutes I would have Jake in a hotel room and at my mercy. Suddenly, I realized we were passing under the railroad tracks and the ACC and Toronto Tower were off to the right.

"Jake, haven't we passed the hotel? I thought the Royal York was opposite the station. Where are we going?"

"When the SIU were getting involved, I made a couple of changes. Don't worry, Mom knows where we will be, but we are going on a little honeymoon before the wedding."

The next I knew we were heading westbound on the Gardiner Expressway, heading for the QEW and Niagara Falls.

"Are we heading for the Falls?"

"Yes, my sweet, I'm going to sweep you off your feet and make you putty in my caddish hands." The grin on his face at catching me by surprise was infectious.

"Well, you bounder, we will just have to see exactly who is putty in whose hands when the night is over! Whatever is going on, however, I really like it - just keep the surprises coming."

We continued toward Niagara, and I was just relaxing in my seat when a thought struck me. I'm going to get you going, Jake Rogers. I'll teach you to be smug! You aren't going to know what has hit you by the time I am done.

I asked Jake if we could pull off the highway for a few minutes, so when we saw a service center, in we went. Jake went to buy us some coffee while I went to the washroom. While I was in the stall, I stripped off my bra and my panties. Of course, when I put my slacks back on there were no panty lines and, with just a camisole and a sweater on, my nipples were rubbing freely against them and getting as hard as bullets. I walked back to the SUV and, before I pulled off my jacket, I reached into my pocket and handed Jake my bra and panties.

"See what you do to me? That's another first! You are obviously very dangerous to be around, Mr. Jake Rogers. It's a good thing I have every intention of becoming Mrs. Jake Rogers so I can keep you under control, you cad!"

You should have heard me cackle!

-------------------

To be continued...

12