A Kiss is a Promise Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I'm sorry," she muttered, "I really am sorry."

"Ssshhhhh!" I leaned in to her, to kiss the corner of a delectable lip. "I'm not sorry," I replied. What the hell was I doing?

Her wet lashes fluttered wider as her eyes focused on mine. I kissed the other corner of her lips, and smiled reassuringly. "You shouldn't be either," I added.

We stared at each other for a while. My assuring smile never wavered. I took her hand in mine. "Come, there is a second wine bottle for your room mates in the car. I'll take you home now...picnic is over."

Diane followed me meekly. We walked back to my VW. I released her to open the front passenger door for her to enter. I put the bag in the back and walked around to climb in behind the steering wheels. We sat quietly in my car for a short while.

"What now?" She asked.

I shrugged. "Fuck Solomon. I'll be yours instead, if you'd take me."

Her eyes doubled in size, huge pools of magnetic beauty. I could fall in and stay contentedly drowned.

"Yeah? But what about him?" She asked.

"Minor details, baby..." But she was too mature to take a bluff. I sighed.

"I won't lie, Diane. I am smitten by you. I want to be with you, and I'd love to explore this budding...friendship irrespective of whatever shadows are casting their nets about. Would you do me the honors of being my girlfriend?"

The smile was slow in creeping out...tentative at first, but it sure did. "You're either a gentleman - or you're a class act."

"I could be both of them and more, but there is only one way to find out," I said, as sure of myself as I never remembered being.

She placed a hand on my knee and slid it up to my thighs. "Is your place far from here? I've got better ideas for that second bottle of wine."

Realization dawned like the eastern sun, heating up dewy chills on my face. Shaky hands shot forward to start the ignition and I raced us back home.