A La Recherche Du Temps Perdu

Story Info
Lovers long-separated find one another again.
4k words
4.48
16.4k
2
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
EmeliaBell
EmeliaBell
104 Followers

He leaned, carelessly, against the wall at the top of the stairs. From here he had a view of the whole room and everyone in it.

"Boring." He thought, not for the first time that evening.

The party, like every other party he'd been to that year, was boring and the people were, with only a couple of exceptions, all the same people who'd been to those parties.

Slicked down waiters circled with plates of canapés and fizzy white wine pretending to be champagne, some kind of subtle classical music was being played by an abstracted looking quintet and the faint scent of stale cigarettes and too much perfume clouded the air.

Frustrated by the dull pointlessness of it all he pulled his bow-tie loose so he could undo his top button, then ran his hand over his hair. He took a drink off a passing waiter and finally felt comfortable.

God knows why it was necessary to go through all this kind of shindig just for the opening of a film -- and a pretty shitty film, too. Still. Always important to see and be seen; networking was key in this kind of industry. Not what you know, but who... he mused, knocking back the slightly sour wine.

He'd done the rounds, shaken the hands and now he could loiter in the shadows until it was an acceptable time to leave.

"Fuck it." He muttered out loud, startling a portly lady near by.

"Not you, you fat old trout," he said, though not loudly enough for her to hear properly. Grabbing his dinner jacket from where he'd draped it over the balcony railing he slung it over his shoulder and made for the exit.

Fighting his way past a slow stream of late arrivals who seemed determined to get in his way, he'd just reached the foyer of the hotel when his bowtie slid from round his neck and landed on the floor.

He knelt down to pick it up, draping it back 'round his neck before standing up again. From his lowly position on the floor he was perfectly placed to see the high high heels and slender ankles now descending the stairs. The deep dark blue velvet of her dress was split to just above the knee and he followed it with his eyes over her shapely legs, up to her gently rounded stomach and curved hips. Lingeringly he traced the dip of her waist and the swell and cleft of her breasts to her face... where he froze, struck immobile by something he saw there.

"Hello Andrew." She said.

*****

Slowly he got up and looked at her. She stood on the stairs, holding onto the arm of a dark haired man with broad shoulders who looked at Andrew through narrowed eyes, wondering who this stranger was who'd caused his date to dig her fingernails suddenly and painfully into his arm.

"Hi." Said Andrew, shortly, his body still frozen in shock at this ghost from the past finding him in his new and shiny life. He'd spent years working his arse off to get to this point. Now he was standing on the brink of the success he had craved, only to be faced with the woman who had been the catalyst to his transformation.

"This is Eduardo." She said, introducing the swarthy man at her side.

"Nice to meet you," Andrew said, sliding automatically into meet-and-greet mode. He'd managed to place the man now: some bright young thing in the film production circuit known as much in the media for his brooding macho thing as his talent for creating innovative documentaries.

Andrew hated him for his smooth confidence, seemingly effortless success and most of all for the fact that Eva was on his arm, but you never knew who could give you a helping hand and he was too used to 'making nice' to stop now.

He hadn't seen Eva for nearly five years but she had changed very little. Her skin was still milk-white and unblemished and her hair, though cut shorter so it swung round her cheeks, was still dark and lustrous. Time had added only a gloss of sophistication and confidence and chiselled the fine bones of her face; accentuating her beauty.

The passing years had made a greater mark on Andrew. Large amounts of time spent filming outdoors had weathered his skin to a rich, nutty brown and aged it prematurely. The tan set off the blue of his eyes and the crinkles that had formed at the corners gave him an amiable air and a rugged attractiveness. He'd shaken off the sweet-faced boy and looked like a man who had had some experiences and come through the other side.

Eva narrowed her eyes as she looked him up and down, noting all the details, big and small, that had changed since she saw him last. Uncomfortably he made polite small talk with Eduardo, or the Italian Stallion as Andrew began to think of him sneeringly, fully aware that she was scrutinising him as he exchanged thoughts on the industry and a brief CV.

She couldn't help but feel a frisson of attraction to the rough, confident man standing in front of her. There was a notable difference between Eduardo's smug arrogance and self-satisfaction and Andrew's quiet containment and certainty.

Yes, he'd changed a little and the changes intrigued her, but there was still, somewhere, an element of the relationship they had had. The passion and intensity they had shared, the things they had been through and the love they had felt for each other.

It was funny, she mused, but she couldn't remember now why they had broken up. Presumably there had been good reasons at the time, but she couldn't think what they were now.

The conversation between the two men had haltingly ground to a stop and Eva knew she had to make a decision.

"Ed, that critic you wanted to talk to is hovering over there, why don't you go and speak to him -- you said you wanted to get him on side before your next project. No no, I'll be fine by myself -- I need a drink anyway and I'm sure Andrew can take care of me till you get back..."

Her voice trailed off as she said this. Eduardo had already glided off in pursuit of his prey and it was just her and Andrew now, looking at each other. He looked a question at her, not believing that she had just handed herself over to his care; still doubting even as she took his arm lightly and he felt a jolt running through his body from the point of contact.

For a while they walked; drinking the cheap wine, exchanging life stories from the intervening years, carefully sounding each other out. Gradually they impinged more and more on each other's personal space, breathing in the scent of the other and sensing the heat from their body.

The attraction between them created a massive magnetic force which drew them closer together whilst explicitly excluding all others. Eduardo had looked over at one point and, with a small flicker of disgust shrugged off his disappointment and made friends with some minor starlet of the blonde and busty variety.

Now it was just Eva and Andrew, stunned into a nostalgic feeling of closeness by all the things that were the same, yet powerfully fascinated by all that had changed.

The world seemed to tip a little on its axis when Andrew casually brushed her arm with his fingers. She was shocked by the course roughness of his fingertips and the unbidden vision of how it would feel to have him touch other parts of her body with them. He was overcome by the cool silkiness of her skin and the sudden recollection of how her body felt like velvet against his: always cool and so remarkably smooth.

Very little was being said now, for all communication was exchanged by way of long, lingering looks, seemingly accidental touches and the ever decreasing space between their bodies.

Andrew only realised he had been staring at her mouth when the tip of her pink tongue darted out and wetted her upper lip. He closed his eyes and reeled as he was struck by images of her mouth wrapped around his flesh, her tongue caressing him as her long fingers stroked and squeezed...

Abruptly he turned away from her, putting his hand across his eyes as he unconsciously tried to shut out the memories and imaginings that were assailing him.

"Eva, I can't do this," he said in an undertone, his voice wretched with lust and distress.

She moved towards him, but paused as he said this. She realised that too much had happened in the past and they had both changed so much in the interim that it would be almost impossible for them to be happy together now. Even so she couldn't resist this opportunity to recreate one of the happiest times in her life.

Softly she put her hand on Andrew's chest, looking up into his eyes as she stood in front of him.

"We have very different lives now and we are so different ourselves from what we were. I think we both know that we won't be able to have a relationship, but Andrew, I've missed you and I want you."

She cringed as she heard the clichés coming out of her mouth, but there didn't seem to be any way of expressing herself that didn't sound trite.

"Could we not be together just for one night? I..." she fumbled for the words she needed to persuade him. She had hurt him in the past and he was resisting her, wanting to avoid the pain of losing her again.

She put the cool palm of her hand against his cheek, feeling the slight bristle of stubble and the hot skin of his face. She looked into his eyes and saw how much he wanted her too. She tried to say that she wouldn't hurt him again, that she needed to be loved again the way he'd loved her and that she didn't know how they could make it work, but she wanted them to have at least this night together.

All Andrew saw was love and lust and anguish. He couldn't bear to be so close to her and look into her eyes like that, so he closed his: shutting her out. Then he felt her lips on his, just lightly, as if she was kissing him goodbye.

Having her mouth against his, the slight tackiness of her lip-gloss sticking to his lips, her breath hot against his face -- he crumbled. He wanted her so much and his strength of will was dissolved by her tender gesture in the face of rejection.

His arm went around her waist, his other hand cupped the back of her head, his fingers tangled in her hair. He opened his eyes to be confronted by her look of shock and the traces of tears in her eyes and then he pressed his mouth firmly against hers.

She tried to resist as he forced his tongue between her lips, but her heart wasn't in it and she opened her mouth, twining her tongue with his. She tasted of the cheap sour wine, the sweet artificial berry flavour of her lip-gloss and the faintest trace of mint from her toothpaste.

The kiss was passionate and extraordinary as only reunion kisses can be: all the lust and intensity of a first kiss, but with the intrinsic knowledge of how to kiss each other so that all desires were met.

Eventually the kiss drew to a close. Their bodies were pressed together and their arms encircled each other. Both of them were breathing heavily with the exertion of such kissing and the need to be together fully.

"I have a room booked here..." Andrew said tentatively, his voice husky.

"Ok." She said, meeting his look with a small smile.

Hurriedly they straightened their clothes, then stepped out of the shadowy alcove they'd been standing in and walked towards the foyer again.

*****

The lift was spacious and dimly lit, with a mirror on the back wall. The two of them stood on opposite sides, leaning against the hip-height rail that ran round the walls, waiting for the three bulky men in dull grey suits to get out.

Even with the other people in the lift and nearly five feet of space between them, the sexual tension was palpable. Andrew leaned oh-so-casually, his right leg crossed in front of his left, his arms folded in front of him, just his fixed look and tense expression betraying him.

Eva was more transparent. Her arms stretched out to either side, her hands gripping onto the railing, making her knuckles whiten. The position she stood in thrust her torso forwards, highlighting the prominent curves of her breasts.

Her lower lip was caught up in her teeth as she bit it viciously and her cheeks were deeply flushed. She looked like some wanton figurehead, lush and ripe to be taken.

Both of them started when the lift went 'bing' as it reached their floor. Andrew quickly gathered himself and strode towards the door, standing there and holding it back while Eva recalled herself and slowly walked out; moving as if she was suspended in treacle.

Still in silence and maintaining a rigid distance of a couple of feet between them the couple walked to Andrew's room, went in, shut the door and stood stock still in the centre of the room facing one another like two stags about to lock antlers.

Seconds ticked past and still nothing happened -- it was as if neither wanted to make the first move lest they were rejected.

Cautiously Andrew reached up to his neck and pulled on one end of the bow-tie. It made a shushing noise as it slid past his collar, then came free with a snap. He threw it lightly into the space between them and she watched as it came to rest on the floor.

She looked back up at his face and smiled before casually lobbing her clutch bag towards the crumpled bow-tie.

I'll show you mine, if you show me yours was now the game being played.

Andrew shucked off his expensive dinner jacket and added it to the small pile in the centre, then Eva dropped in the slippery, silken shawl she had round her shoulders. All the low stake pieces had gone now; any more additions would start to reveal hidden flesh.

Palpable heat flowed between them and that tantalising question -- "will we, won't we?"- heightened anticipation and stilled the breath.

Andrew stepped forward and reached for Eva, but she had stepped back; almost in synch. Again he moved towards her and again she moved back; locked in a passionate tango of advance and retreat.

Their dance only stopped as Eva fetched up against the solid bulk of the bed-frame which caught her behind the knees. Andrew breached the gap between them and stood just a breath's distance away from her, his arms by his sides, deliberately not touching her.

She had closed her eyes, expecting to be kissed and when he made no move to do so, she opened them again confusedly. She tilted her head to one side and looked at him, then touched her fingers lightly to her lips. Her head rocked back as she traced a fragile line down her cheek, over her jaw, along the contours of her long throat, past her collar bone: Andrew's eyes following it all the way.

Unconsciously he licked his lips, his eyes flickering as her fingertips caressed the creamy skin of her décolletage, slid under the strap of her dress and flicked it off her shoulder; the thick, heavy strap drooping down her arm, exposing the slender shadow of her bra strap.

More firmly next she ran the flat of her hand over the round of her breast, cupping and squeezing -- savouring the rich prickle of the fabric's nap as she stroked against it. Smiling fractionally she reached around to her left side and pulled down the concealed zipper there, the gentle whisper of the mechanism loud in the silent room.

She pushed the other strap off her shoulder. The heavy dress hung on her lush body for a fractional moment before slithering into a concertinaed puddle about her feet.

Mesmerised Andrew took in every detail of her almost-naked body. The soft roundness of her belly as it tapered down into the hollow below her navel. The way her breasts had grown more voluptuous since he'd seen them last and were held in a glossy satin bra of a deep aubergine colour that emphasised the creamy paleness of her skin. The flare of her hips accentuated by the slightly old-fashioned cut of her matching French knickers which fluttered around the top of her thighs, promising a glimpse of the treasures beneath.

Her shapely legs were shaded in by the sheer, black, silky stockings that encircled her thighs at the top with a band of black lace and the narrow strip of bare flesh between the stockings and knickers seemed even more tantalisingly naked.

She held herself carefully poised, allowing him to look freely at her; displaying herself to her best advantage. She worried, naturally, that he'd notice all the little flaws and imperfections that had developed since the last time he'd seen her naked and, somehow, it was so very important that he didn't.

She needn't have worried. Andrew saw her through the glamour of lost love and she was made glorious by it.

Hesitantly he reached up to his collar and undid the button there, fumbling his way down his shirt front with fingers made awkward by nerves. Roughly he thrust the shirt off his shoulders, forgetting to remove his cufflinks first so his hands were trapped. For a second he flailed ineffectively before mutely turning round and proffering his arms for Eva to free.

He hung his head as she liberated him from his shirt sleeves, but his face cracked into a reluctant smile as he heard a muffled giggle from behind him.

The tension was broken now and as she spun him round she let her hands linger on his waist and leant in to kiss him. Softly her hands ran over his chest, exploring the new definition, the smattering of blond hairs, the way the skin grew softer at the sides.

Still kissing they both reached for the catch of Andrew's trousers. Time felt as though it had been stripped away as they kissed and giggled alternately, pulling away the layers of clothing, exploring bare flesh with hands and lips. Playfully he pushed her back onto the bed and leant forwards over her, laying feather-light kisses over her face, breasts and belly.

She sighed and pulled her stomach in as he moved lower and lower down her body. Sex was never the problem with them, it was always good, always hot -- especially this bit. His fingers ran up the inside of her thighs as his mouth moved down her stomach and she waited and waited for them to meet in the middle.

She held her breath as his lips skipped a bit and kissed the hollow at the very top of the inside of her thigh. She remembered how much he liked to tease -- promising bliss and giving only frustration for long long minutes before delivering her to the very brink of pleasure and taking it away again.

He did that now, flicking at her lips with his tongue, tickling and teasing; promising sensations for a second then going back a step, darting into the wet, pink folds of her sex and tasting the sweet-tart liquor seeping from her.

He lost himself in licking and pleasuring her, the beauty of her pussy astounding him yet again as it always had: the most perfect example of the feminine he had ever seen. She squirmed and writhed under his eager tongue, only partially restrained by the hands which firmly held her hips.

In ever-growing circles he caressed her clit, bringing her to the edge of orgasm, then licking back down to her quivering vulva where he dipped his tongue repeatedly, stimulating the sensitive entrance to her.

She was thrusting up against him now, the bucking of her body overpowering his grip. As her breath came faster and she started to moan he reluctantly drew away from the lush, moist folds of her and stretched out so that he could kiss her mouth.

She loved the taste of herself on his lips; the musky, over-sweet scent like the intense base notes of a jasmine flower clinging to his skin.

He held himself over her now, his weight on his arms, her arms about his neck as they kissed passionately; each trying to penetrate the other more completely. All the excitement of a new partner was present, but mixed in with the heart-breaking intimacy of an established couple.

Like the tide slowly progressing up a beach, the intensity of their kisses waxed and waned, each time reaching a little further, getting a little stronger.

They were kisses of loss and longing; seeking for love and reassurance and finding only memories wetted with the salt taste of tears.

Slowly, with the inevitability of time marching on, they came together, his cock finding its way to the hot, liquid heart of her, stroking in and in and in; the union of their bodies a desperate attempt to wrest back the past, regain the emotional bond they had once shared so entirely.

EmeliaBell
EmeliaBell
104 Followers
12