A Lady or a Cock Whore? Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I may have made a fool of myself once," she continued, "but I assure you I will not make that mistake again."

Eric winced. "That was what I wanted to address with you. I am so very sorry for leaving you alone as I did, I neglected my duty and broke my promise to help you."

"I- what?" Arya replied, startled.

Eric looked equally confused as he answered, "After... what happened... you left and I realized how much of an idiot I was for not aiding you in your departure. How did you manage to leave with no one seeing?"

Arya's heart swelled with surprised gratitude. She realized that she probably should be angry with him, because it had been a risky maneuver to get to the carriage without an escort, but she also knew that if he had been half as distracted as she, it was not entirely his fault.

"Think nothing of it," she assured him, "I slipped into the carriage and the driver fetched my uncle for me. The marks on my neck were a little more difficult to hide, though..."

Eric watched her as she bit her lip nervously, her anxiety apparent. He wasn't sure if he should apologize for leaving the marks. Or kissing her. Or whether he should apologize for the entire incident.

I wonder how she thinks I feel about our kiss. I suppose it would only be natural for her to be embarrassed, being a noble lady and all that.

... Perhaps she is embarrassed by her own enjoyment. he suppressed a chuckle as he remembered her moans.

He sobered as he considered how to make her feel at ease. He settled on, "I don't know which mistake you were referring to before, but I take all responsibility for what occurred. ... The only mistake you could make now would be to assume that I think any less of you for your actions. Or to assume that I didn't very much enjoy giving you those marks," he added with a sly grin.

She looked up at him. "Truly?" Her voice was small and his smile gentled.

"Truly." He was pleased by her candor, her willingness to show vulnerability to him in an environment where such an act could ruin her. It was a sign of trust, and it meant more to him than she could have known.

I should have attended more of those dinners, he mused, regretting all the opportunities he had had to get to know her better. She intrigued him; he could tell that under her feeble attempts at a court façade there lurked a quick wit and an honest spirit. But he had felt unaccountably shy, and avoided the dinners. Perhaps I was afraid that she would disappoint me. That she would prove to be like the rest. He shook his head at his own foolishness. I should have known better.

"Come, walk with me to the lake. I can show you where I was chased by a horde of murderous geese when I was a boy."

Arya's body relaxed and she smiled, gesturing for him to lead the way. Eric was struck for a moment by the change a smile made to her face and couldn't look away. She was pretty, but certainly nothing special, until she smiled. Her face lit up and her eyes sparkled, her lips full and enticing. He forced himself to move, but continued to admire her as they walked, glad that he was the one drawing out her smiles.

He entertained her with little stories as they meandered, and she was eager to hear about his childhood. "Was this the main place you grew up?" she asked.

"Unfortunately not. I spent far more time in the city than I would have liked. Many of my Masters were there so I would often stay in Veras during the week and spend weekends here or on my grandfather's estate in Vaile." Eric's face brightened as he spoke of Vaile and Arya felt a kinship with him as she realized that his passion for the countryside rivaled her own.

"That's the property you inherited, right?"

He nodded, unsurprised by her knowledge of his affairs.

"What's it like?" she asked curiously.

"It is a bit south, so warmer than Veras and certainly warmer than Parnage. Our estate is on the border of a large forest, though most of the land is covered with farms and lakes. We are only a few hours ride from the sea, too, and I spent some time as a boy sailing in the bay with my brother."

"It sounds lovely," Arya breathed with genuine envy.

"It was. I plan to live there when I take orders next fall."

"Oh, you are to be a clergyman, then?"

Eric stopped by the shore of the lake, looking out at the swans fishing among the reeds. "Yes. It is not a very impressive career choice, but it suits me. I prefer quiet contemplation to war or politics."

He gazed down at her, sensing her repressed mirth and wondering at it. "Do you smile in approval or do you think it silly?" he queried, slightly anxious but trying to appear teasing.

She looked up at him, smiling broadly. "I think it is wonderful." He smiled back and they were silent for a moment, each content to stand in the warm sun and enjoy the moment.

"Why, though?" she asked, and he cocked his head. "I mean, you are a nobleman, a land owner. There is no need for you to find an occupation."

"Everyone needs an occupation," he replied simply.

Arya considered his statement and he watched her consider it, enjoying the expressions that crossed her face. First was surprise, then a serious sort of pondering, followed by approval and curiosity.

A light breeze blew a strand of hair free from Arya's ornate hairstyle, and Eric reached out a hand to tuck it behind her ear, looking down at her face intently. She blushed under his scrutiny, forcing herself to meet his eyes. His sharp gaze softened, and he removed his hand reluctantly. He knew that every gesture would be watched by someone on the lawn, and he didn't cherish the idea of people gossiping about a moment that felt special to him.

For her part, Arya released a breath that she was unconscious of holding, annoyed at herself for hoping that he was about to kiss her. She knew it was ridiculous. People would see! she thought, her thoughts mirroring his closely. But she was disappointed he hadn't, just the same.

They talked for a few more minutes, but each was distracted by their private thoughts. Eric finally admitted to being obligated to socialize with other guests, and they walked slowly back towards the tent, each wanting to extend their time together. But it could not be, and Eric left Arya with her aunt, bowing respectfully to them both before turning away with a wink just for Arya.

Arya sat down with a sigh, wishing that she could have spent the rest of the day with him. Her aunt eyed her curiously.

"Made a new friend, I see," Agatha commented happily. "My dear, I am glad for you. His attention to you is very pleasing." She smiled smugly. "Your uncle will be delighted to hear the news."

Arya giggled, "Aunt, please, there is no news. I enjoy his company and he mine. It doesn't mean I'm going to marry him!"

At Agatha's skeptical look Arya sobered and said, "Honest. I have no wish to marry yet. I know, I know," she continued, sensing that her aunt was about to argue, "it is expected that I will marry soon, if not this year. But I don't want to be stuck tending to some old man's house, popping out his babies!"

Her aunt frowned, "Arya, you forget your place. As your father's daughter, your duty is to secure a good marriage, and as a wife it is your duty to bear your husband's children. There is no shame in that."

"But... to be stuck in domesticity? Doesn't it grate on you? I don't know how I could stand it." Her words were genuine and Agatha could see the plea in the girl's eyes. She felt badly, but knew it was her job to correct such an attitude.

"That is not your choice to make," Agatha replied. "Neither your uncle nor I - nor our marriage - is perfect, but it satisfies us both. And I believe that with a man such as Eric, you would be more than satisfied. Even if you marry a gentleman who is older and less handsome, you will learn to live with it and find peace and joy where you can."

They sat for a moment in strained silence, before Arya nodded stiffly and walked off. She strode towards the house, away from the crowd, trying not to frown as she walked past the most luxurious of meals and beautifully decorated tables where people were being served by footmen and maids.

Picnic, my ass, she thought. Who in their right minds would call this a picnic? I suppose they are too high and mighty to sit on the grass and eat plain fare like us country folk, she thought with a sneer, finding an out of the way place to take a breather. She vented her anger by kicking a small rock, only to find that it was larger than she expected and her foot began to throb.

She stood fuming for a moment, before releasing a rueful smile. I am being silly, it is not their fault they are ignorant. And it is not my aunt's fault for sticking to the lessons she has been taught her whole life. I just know I don't want that life for myself... at least not until it is entirely unavoidable.

She sighed and walked into the mansion, looking for a washroom and a moment of quiet. She was immediately distracted by the grandeur of the place, and began walking aimlessly through the hallways. Arya was seemingly the only one there, except for the occasional scurrying of servants rushing past.

She eventually realized that she was lost. She peered into rooms as she passed, hoping to catch a servant to ask for directions.

She flushed as she realized she was now in the family's private quarters. She sped up, knowing that this, of all places, would be an unpleasant place to be found. Her heart almost stopped in fear as she heard her name being called in a familiar voice.

"Arya?" Eric's deep voiced boomed down the empty hall and she cringed, knowing how this would look. "I thought that was you," he said, peering curiously at her from a small parlor. He stepped out of the room and began walking towards her, and she was abashed to see the same young woman from before following him.

She almost turned to flee, but managed to hold herself still as they drew closer.

"I got lost," she blurted out before he could speak. "I didn't mean to- I wasn't-" she stopped, flustered.

He looked amused and replied kindly, "What are you looking for? Perhaps we could be of assistance."

Arya's eyes flickered to the woman beside him.

"Oh, I'm sorry," he said, noticing the dismay hidden in her eyes and correctly guessing the reason for it. He almost wanted to hold off introducing the two, enjoying Arya's discomfort and evident jealousy. But he wasn't a cruel man, and said, "May I present my sister Claire. Claire, this is Lady Arya. She is Agatha Palia's niece."

"Pleased to meet you," Claire murmured with a curtsey.

Arya curtsied back, dropping her body lower than Claire's in honor of the woman's higher status. She was flustered, but graceful, and Claire looked her over curiously.

"I am pleased to meet you as well," Arya replied shyly. She was relieved to discover the girl's identity, and chided herself for being jealous over nothing. They stood in awkward silence for a moment. "Oh," Arya said with a blush, "I am looking for the washroom."

Eric's eyes flashed to his sister, and Claire shrugged surreptitiously. "I'm sure my brother can show you where they are. Thanks for showing me that book, Eric, I must return to the picnic, however." She threw Arya and her brother another curious glance, then turned with a flick of her long dark hair and disappeared down the hallway.

Arya looked up to see Eric watching her, surprised when he looked away with a slight blush of his own. Her heart rate increased as she realized that he must have been thinking of something awfully naughty to have blushed.

She was suddenly confident, chirping, "Well, shall we?"

He led her off without a word, and she followed with a lively air.

"Here you are." He gestured to the door and she thanked him.

"Would you mind waiting and perhaps showing me the way out when I'm done?" she asked with a rueful laugh. "Your house is confusing to one unused to its ways."

He nodded, recognizing that her question was genuine and not some ploy to keep him around. Though he wouldn't necessarily have complained if her motive was the latter. "Of course. I have something I need to grab but I shall be back in a few moments."

Arya entered the washroom, splashing some water from a porcelain basin onto her flushed cheeks. She daubed it off carefully, trying not to smudge her makeup. She stood in front of the mirror for a moment, staring at her reflection as her nerves calmed. She smoothed down her hair and settled on the toilet, blessing the person who had created modern plumbing. It was something her simple keep had yet to adopt, and she still marveled at the convenience every time she used a washroom in the capitol. She went about her business and stood up, stopping when she felt her dress tugging at her. She looked down, frowning as she noticed that the hem had gotten caught on something.

She bent down, trying to see the problem. It was caught in a small seam in the wood molding, and she couldn't tug it free without ripping the dress. She was angry, and then horrified as she realized that the fullness of her dress prevented her from being able to reach down and pull it out properly. She looked around for something to aid her, but nothing was within reach. Arya groaned, unsure how to free herself.

She heard steps approaching and knew Eric had returned. She gulped, knowing that she needed help. She closed her eyes and breathed deeply, trying to compose herself.

"Um... Eric?" she called hesitantly.

"Yes?" he responded, startled.

"I am caught on something and can't reach the snag. I hate to ask, but would you please help?"

For a moment he wondered if she was doing this on purpose to lure him in, but shook his head at the idea; the mortification in her voice was all too apparent. He cautiously pushed the door open, and chuckled at the sight.

"I seem to find you in all sorts of predicaments."

She flushed, her dress twisted around her from her attempts to free herself. He walked over and leaned down, recognizing the problem instantly. Her exertions had pulled the fabric farther in, and he yanked the fabric away from the snag in the correct direction. The force of the pull unbalanced Arya and she stumbled. He grasped her by the waist, steadying her, his kneeling position at her feet putting his face perilously close to her groin. He looked up at her.

Arya froze, unconsciously holding her breath as he silently scrutinized her, his gaze fierce. He stood up slowly and she felt like a bird caught in the eyes of a snake. She couldn't move, completely captivated by the hunger in his eyes. His hands pressed her backwards, against the wall.

Eric leaned down slowly, stopping just before their lips touched. Arya closed her eyes, breathing quickly. He admired her breasts as they rose with each breath, before claiming her lips with his own.

Arya let out a small sigh, wrapping her arms around his neck without thought. Her compliance spurred him on and he kissed her insistently. Her lips were soft and he suckled on her bottom lip, hearing her gasp at the sensation. He felt himself swell as her tongue touched his lips hesitantly and he readily responded, his tongue darting out to meet hers.

Arya quivered at his touch, her body trembling as adrenaline raced through her. He kicked backwards, slamming the door closed and her heart raced. She pulled back, looking at him anxiously. He lifted a hand and stroked her face, drawing back so that he was no longer pressing her against the wall with his body. He smiled as her body followed his, pressing against him.

He groaned as he admired her cleavage, staring down at where her breasts were pressing into his chest. He wrapped an arm around her, securing him to her tightly. He began kissing her again, hungrily nibbling on her lip. She began to feel more confident as her arousal grew, and she pulled at him, causing him to crush her against the wall once more. He growled, his hands grasping her face as he kissed her violently.

Arya moaned, her clit throbbing as pleasure flowed through her, warming her from the inside out. She felt like a leaf being swallowed by a wave, and she welcomed the surging tide with small mewls of pleasure. Her hands traced the muscles along his back, gripping the fabric of his shirt tightly as he continued to stroke her tongue with his. His hands moved down to her ass, grabbing her roughly.

She cried out as he gripped her ass tightly, his fingers digging into her soft flesh. He moaned into her mouth and she felt her pussy clenching as she felt his conspicuous arousal pressing into her. His hands moved to her breasts and he kissed her neck, moving from her jawline to the hollow between her neck and collarbone. His lips sucked on her skin, hard enough for her to wiggle against him in pleasure, but not so hard as to leave a mark.

As he licked up her neck, his tongue left a hot trail of passion on her skin. Small gasps escaped Arya's mouth as his hands fondled her breasts, and she desperately wished there wasn't so many layers of fabric in the way. Her nipples were so hard that he was able to pinch them even through the dress, twisting them deliciously between his fingers. With each application of pressure she felt her arousal increase, and her cunt was practically dripping. But she wanted more.

Arya reached her hand down, tentatively brushing her fingers against his swollen manhood. She smiled as he moaned, his lips stilling against her throat.

He pinched her nipples hard as her fingers traced his length, pressing against his cock more firmly. He pulled back and looked at her, his eyes dark with lust. She smiled wickedly and he groaned at the sight, grasping her hand and pressing it roughly against his cock.

At his touch she gasped, pulling her hand away without thinking. It's just like that day on the river, Arya thought in horror, before she regained her hold on reality and flushed in embarrassment.

Eric was looking at her, surprised by the reaction. He stepped back a pace, visibly trying to hold himself in check. After a moment he said hoarsely, "Do you want to stop?"

She shook her head, "No- ...I don't know. It just reminded me-" She paused fearfully. I can't tell him, she thought. He will hate me, knowing I have been sullied.

Eric stared at her intently, and Arya blanched, fearing that she had already said too much.

"That night on the balcony, did that man make you touch him?" he growled angrily.

Arya shook her head, her hair falling in her face. She didn't remove it, hiding behind it to avoid his narrowed eyes.

"Arya," he said warningly, his tone making her jump. She peeked up at him, quickly looking down as his stare penetrated her.

He tipped her chin. "Arya, look at me."

She glanced up, worried. "You will despise me." She hated how her voice wavered.

His eyebrow quirked. "I highly doubt it," he replied.

She shook her head slightly.

"Tell me," he commanded.

Arya hesitated, but his voice was implacable and she could feel his dominance drawing the words from her lips. "Before I reached Veras a man... violated me, in a river." She peeked at him again, quailing under his furious eyes. He removed his hand from her chin and she was afraid he was about to strike her. Seeing her distress, his fist unclenched and he lowered it gently, clasping her tightly in a warm embrace.

"Arya I could never judge you for another man's treachery. I am not angry at you, I am angry that someone would hurt you like that." He paused, brushing the hair out of her face. This time she gazed up at him voluntarily, checking to see if he was serious. He smiled at her and she visibly relaxed.

"Did he take your virginity?" he asked bluntly, his voice calm and gentle but leaving her no escape.