A Look. A Touch. A Breath. Ch. 02

Story Info
Stacey meets the stranger from the bathroom.
1.4k words
4.18
13.9k
1

Part 2 of the 2 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 04/12/2009
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
BlueFish11
BlueFish11
79 Followers

Time seemed to jump ahead and before I knew it, I was wedged in between Beth and the dark haired stranger from the bathroom. The booth we were in was in the corner of the restaurant.

"Stacey, these are some of my friends from work." Beth proceeded to fly through the names and everyone smiled and said hey. She ended up at bathroom boy.

"Stac I think you have met Mike before." Her eyes were laughing as he took my hand and kissed my knuckles.

"Pleasure was, uh, is all mine." He caught himself as my face flushed and I removed my fingers from his hand.

"Nice to meet you." What the heck was I thinking when I decided to go out. I nervously squirmed in my seat, trying to tug down the mini skirt that was riding up my thighs and realized as I leaned slightly to the side my sweater pulled to the side and exposed cleavage.

Feeling awkward and uncomfortable I fixed my clothes and noticed first Mike's leg touching mine and Beth's hand on the knee of my other leg. I calmed, listening to Beth running the conversation.

"Beth said you are from California?" I think it was Kim from Beth's work, who started the grilling.

"Yes. A town called Durham. Northern California -- not near the coast." The table was silent as they listened to me which only made my face hotter.

Beth was soon back to dominating the conversation. I felt myself relaxing, her hand still on my knee and Mike's leg touching more and more of mine.

As the restaurant filled, the noise grew and our table had several smaller conversations going on at once. We ordered dinner and drinks. I downed my wine in two swallows and asked Beth to order me another one.

"Beth." I placed my hand on hers. "I am going out for a smoke."

I picked up my purse from between my feet. Attempted to hold the slightly too big sweater closer so it didn't gap and show my cleavage. In my nervousness I pressed harder into Mike's leg and accidently grazed the top of his thigh as I pushed away from the table.

Beth was standing, waiting for me to slide out of the booth. Looking at Mike I mumbled, "Uh, sorry. I didn't mean to bump you." God, my face was on fire.

Mike smiled and leaned into my space. His mouth inches from my ear. "It's ok Stac, you trying to cop a feel since you already saw it this morning."

"What?" I looked up at his laughing eyes. The nerve of this bastard. First, his nonchalance this morning and now this. And another thing, who was he to call me Stac? I don't even know him. And he invaded my space.

Beth watched me stomp away; the rest of the table was so engrossed in their conversations that they didn't notice the exchange between us or my attitude.

"Stacey?" I heard her say as I made my way through the waiters and waitresses and the throng of people waiting for their tables.

I emerged from the restaurant into the cool, night air and walked away from the door lighting my cigarette. I leaned against the building, pulling on my smoke and feeling the tension leaving my shoulders.

People watching, I noticed a man walking down the other side of the street. Laith? The walk was the same, the body shape was the same and the hair was the same. I really have to stop this. I watched as a cute blonde woman ran into his embrace and his face turned towards me.

Part of me wanted it to be him and felt a let down when I realized how stupid I was being and that it was some stranger across the country. Laith was no where near me. The lack of his physical presence sometimes felt as if I had lost a body part. I closed my eyes, remembering.

I jumped when I felt someone standing next to me, shoulders touching mine. "Do you come here often?" Mike joked as he nudged my shoulder with his.

"Hi." I pulled another cigarette from my pack and was startled when he held up a lighter. "You smoke?"

Those laughing eyes. "Nope. Just carry it in case of emergency." He flicked it shut and I stared as it disappeared into the front pocket of his jeans.

I quickly averted my eyes. "Thanks for the light."

"Who were you staring at?" He asked.

"What? When?" I blushed.

"When I was walking towards you a few seconds ago. I noticed you staring across the street. You were very intent, leaning forward trying to get a better look." He looked inquisitive.

I said nothing. Not wanting to get into my previous life.

"Well, I came out to make sure you were not cross with me. I was just joking back there, about this morning and about you coping a feel." He trailed off.

One minute he was sweet and the next sour. He was cute -- and I had seen him naked. I flicked my butt to the curb. "Ready to go back in?" I didn't wait for his answer to my question as I strode to the door.

I heard and felt his steps as he caught up behind me and reach his arm in front of me to open the door. His knee bumped the back of my leg and his arm was brushing against my ribs as he held the door open.

There were many more people than when we had left and for a second I was confused as to which way our table was. As I paused for a moment in the people swirling around me I felt hands on my waist that gently pushed me forwards towards the table. I let him guide me until I was standing at Beth's side.

As Beth stood and let Mike slide into the booth she grabbed my wrists and whispered in my ear, "Where were you two?"

My face flushed again. "Just smoking and talking." I managed to stutter.

"Well Stacey, you are just in time to do a shot!!" Beth kissed my cheek and handed me a shot glass as I slide in next to Mike.

Everyone raised their shot glass. "What are we toasting to again?" Another of Beth's coworker's asked, John I think he was.

"Beautiful women!" Mike's voice rose above the restaurant noise.

"I agree!" Someone else said as everyone threw their heads back and downed the shot.

The heat from the shot burned a path down my throat. Warming me from the inside. I felt the heat spread through me and followed it with a mouthful of wine.

Feeling myself relax even more I raised my head and Mike's face was in mine. Can't he stay in his space?

"Stacey -- that toast was really for you." He said softly as he brushed a strand of hair out of my face. His fingers stroked my skin.

I had a flash of kissing him. That smile on his face. I closed my eyes with the thought and then Mike melted into Laith. Laith was there, touching, touching my face. I swiftly opened my eyes and flinched instinctively.

Mike pulled his hand back. "Sorry, Beth, sorry. Didn't mean to make you uncomfortable."

Laith's features shifted back to the here and now and Mike was before me again. "Not you Mike, I just spaced out for a second."

The gathering began to break up after a few more drinks and many more laughs. I talked a little more to a few of the others about California and my job and whether or not I like it here.

As we threw money on the table and stood, I looked around and realized Beth was on the other side of the table. She was flirting with one of her coworkers. I instantly realized I never asked what Mike had been doing in our apartment this morning.

"Stacey?" Beth hollered across the table. "I can't drive home."

"Okay, neither can I." I answered as I watched the lights sway above me.

"Beth, I got it. Stacey mind if I drive you home?" Mike asked.

"Do I have a choice? Sort of like seeing you in the bathroom this morning?" I was smiling as Mike was now the one with the awkward look on his face.

He smiled at my smile and held out his arm as we said good evening to the rest of the group.

++++++++++++++++++++

Readers and voters thanks so much!! Mr. Editor - thanks for the insight!

BlueFish11
BlueFish11
79 Followers