A Match for the el Maiens Ch. 18

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Liar," he said affectionately. "You know you already have the skills, only you are too young. I know there must be children, for the succession, but I will manage it. You are too good a soldier to put to the side, even for the sake of children."

She grinned at him, suddenly vividly happy in the midst of all their troubles.

"Oh yes," Vadya added, looking shyly aside. "I asked Clair and he is willing to bestow you on me and let us be married the night."

"What?!" Tashka's eyes crumpled in annoyance. "He has no right to bestow me anywhere!"

"Shut it, el Maien!" Vadya laughed. "It is just how it is, you are a younger child. You have to be bestowed while I have the so-great privilege of buying the rings and whatnot. Any road, we can be married!"

"The night?" Tashka repeated. "This very night?" Her face looked suddenly uncertain.

"Yes, this very night!" Vadya said then saw her face. "Why, what is it? Do you ... do you have doubts about marrying me?"

"No of course not!" Tashka replied scornfully. "It is only ... I know not what to wear."

"What?" Vadya said incredulously. "Whatever does it matter what you wear!"

"You would say a thing like that," Tashka said grumpily. "Look at you now, you are wearing a green hose with a purple doublet."

Vadya looked down at his clothes and snorted crossly. "'Fore the Angels!" he snapped. "I had better things to think of than the cut of my suit this morning!"

"Yes but this is our wedding," Tashka said. She hung her head and scuffed at a step with the toe of her boot. "I ... I wanted to wear something special."

"el Maien!" he groaned. "What does it matter what you wear? I do not care what you wear! We are to be married then your father cannot give you trouble the more because you will be van H'las, no one can put us apart and we can lie together whenever we please. What would you have worn even if you had had a year to plan it in? Do not tell me you would have worn a pink dress for me!"

"N-no," she admitted. "Pink does nothing for me and my Commander has said he will discipline me if he ever sees me in a dress again," she put a soft fist out with a smile and buffeted his cheek. "Well, I will wear my parade silks then."

"Oh, er, no," he said. "I would feel ... it would be odd because I will be marrying my junior officer. Not your parade silks."

"But you'll wear your uniform, is it not?" she demanded crossly. "I will have to marry my senior officer!"

"I care nothing for what I wear!" he protested. "I might have worn my uniform," he admitted, "but if you ask me as a favour, I will not." He looked up into her blue eyes as she stood on the step above him and said softly: "I will wear whatever you command me to wear."

She laughed and said, "just be sure you do not wear that doublet and hose! Batren will dress you, he will find something for you to wear. He will die of shame when he sees that doublet and hose! I must go to Anna now or she will be cross."

"Kiss me," Vadya asked, trying to move up onto her step but three serving men came rushing down the stairs and Vadya had to be content with a wink from his lean and bold-eyed bride.