A Match for the el Maiens Ch. 19

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I saw his knuckles are scarred," Tarra said. "Did he do that on my jaw? I will pray his pardon for it, was he badly hurt?"

"She has had worse," Vadya said callously. "Come, el Maien. You can see that both Tashka and Pava have stood up to wipe the stain from her honour. Tashka has forgiven el V'lair so you must too. Shake hands and arms?"

Clair eyed Tarra coldly over the table; his lady-hunting friend, who had defended him even when he was in the wrong, had stood second for him in duels over the most trivial and stupid of reasons. He had only laughed and let it pass when Clair hit him for something he said about the resemblance between their mother and the beloved brother about whom Clair was over-protective. Tarra's casual comment had caught Clair on a raw nerve and Clair had given the secret entirely away by reacting without thinking as if Tashka had the honour of a daughter of the high nobility which required a closer eye kept over it. Tarra came hesitantly round the table. Clair lifted his chin in a curt nod and took his arm about the elbow with his right hand, Tarra gripped his arm, smiling.

"Shall't leave the van Sietter women honour bright now," Pava teased him.

"She's a proud beauty," Tarra laughed. "It would almost be worth it to storm those fair battlements but out of respect for Clair's glove, I'll give her the go-by."

"Tashka, a proud beauty?" Pava laughed.

"Oh no," Tarra said, "Anna el Jien."

Clair started for him, reaching for his gloves again, his face twisting with fury. They seized Clair and held him back, laughing and saying to him: Be reasonable. If your Lady wife is beautiful, you must expect people to try and throw her their favours. Tarra said: "No no, el Maien. She will never bestow her favours on any but one and that will not be me," coming forward to hold his arm while they restrained Clair from slapping him in the face. "I'll never get so much as a warm word from that magnificent mouth, be generous and allow me only to admire her."

12