A Midnight Rose Ch. 01

Story Info
A story begins...
4.5k words
4.64
40.9k
43
36

Part 1 of the 6 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 06/08/2011
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

So this is my first attempt and submission to Literotica. I would like to warn all readers now that this is not just a 'quickie', there is meant to be a build up to the good stuff and so the first few chapters will probably be devoid of a lot of sex.

I hope people like the beginning; I have loads of ideas for this story and I have a feeling it will turn out to be a long one.

Also sorry in advance for any typos or errors, I have yet to find an editor; anyone who is interested, get in touch!

Let me know what you think, I'm not sure what people's reaction will be and would love some feedback as to whether it's worth continuing the story!

Enjoy everyone... mochadesire.

Chapter 1

"You're saying she's alive?"

He smiled at these hissed words. They were spat out with such anger; it was like music to his ears.

"My lady, she is alive- to some extent. Your mother didn't die, as you well know, and her spirit has not been reincarnated in another for the past 2,000 years but I believe now that she has embodied a woman- a human."

He couldn't stop his lip curling in contempt. Humans were below his race in every sense. It was deplorable that any vampire would choose to shelter its soul in one.

His mistress cackled maniacally. "A human?! Oh mother, you really have made this too easy," she chuckled to herself. The shadow at her side, shifted. The movement caused his face to be caught in the soft candle light of the cave they were in. He too, carried a smile.

"Sister," he rasped, "I do believe it is time for our dearest mother to meet her match."

"I couldn't agree more brother," she smirked.

As one the siblings turned to him, the third shadow in the dark. He shivered slightly in their presence and at the murderous, identical looks on their faces. To say the Twins were dangerous was an understatement and at this moment in time he had never been more afraid of them.

"It seems we have need of you," the sister purred, "Find the human and bring her to us."

He bowed his head in acknowledgement of her wishes.

"If I may ask, what do you plan on doing with her once I have found her, mistress, master?" he asked with all the politeness that was due.

The brother turned his undead stare on him and he shivered again. The sister released another maniacal peal of laughter.

Spoken in tones too low for anyone without supernatural hearing, the brother and sister whispered together:

"She will be destroyed..."

***

The night had started as well as one could have hoped. But if the drunk, grimy vampire rolling at her feet wasn't enough to place a sour note on the evening then the pissed off 8 ft flaming demon before her definitely was. The two had gotten into a fight at Rowan Mitchell's club,La Rosa Negra,the hottest night club in town for "otherworlders" and she was just about fed up of trying to persuade the demon not to burn the place to cinders.

"Carl, as much as you wanna place Remy's head straight through that wall over there, I'm afraid I can't let you," she sighed, "You see, I would have done it already if it weren't for the fact that the building work is damn expensive".

The demon, Carl, smirked, but his expression soon soured as his opponent had struggled to his feet. The flames at his hands intensified and the smell of brimstone peaked again.

"Rowan, you know I can't let this piece of shit get away with what he did to Sara," he rasped. Sara, the object of his affection peaked around his huge torso and once again tried to calm her hot-headed boyfriend down.

"Sweetie, you know he didn't mean it, I don't mind-" she tried to explain, fear clearly lacing her words. Carl growled fiercely, cutting her short. Clearly there was no room for redemption of Remy in his eyes.

Rowan sighed. She was used to fights breaking out between the clientele that frequented her nightclub. After all most, if not all of them, were "otherworlders", the general term for creatures of myth and legend- vampires, were, elves, witches, goblins, trolls, shapeshifters and so on. You get the point. As a human among these dark beings, she was in no shape to be breaking up fights. Her human reflexes and strength was nothing compared to these two: they could break her in half without a moments delay.

Flicking back a stray curl of midnight black hair, she turned on the drunken bastard who had started all of this. As a vampire he was naturally attractive; tall, well-muscled with high cheekbones and a straight nose. But all this was ruined somewhat by his greasy black hair which clung to his scalp like rats' tails and his blood-stained, mud-smeared attire. That, and the fact he was a sexist pig who couldn't keep his hands to himself.

True to form he sneered, leering at her through eyes unfocused from hours of hitting the liquor hard.

"Little cunt deserved it, di'nt she? Shakin' her ass at me like she thought I wouldn't notice, little bitch got what was comin'-"

He got no further. A look of surprise crossed his face as Rowan's fist collided with his nose, causing it to break with a loud satisfying crack. The human scum had broken his nose! How the fuck did she- through a haze of pain he noticed the silver knuckledusters she wore. He cursed again, this time aloud.

"Ooh, this one needs to be taught some manners," Carl cackled gleefully. He glanced at Rowan, bowing to her superiority in the matter. She didn't fail to notice the look of longing in his burning eyes. She gave him a quick nod. It was all the affirmation he needed.

He advanced on the floored vampire, the longing in his eyes replaced with murderous intent. Carl paused upon hearing the polite cough behind him. He turned to see Rowan give him an amused look.

"Take it far away from here Carl. This is no longer my business," she said quietly.

The towering demon gave her a graceful but comical bow. The act was surprisingly innocent for an 8 ft angel of hell with talons to shame a sabertooth.

Rowan turned her back on the scene which had drawn some stares from other clubbers. She chose to ignore the fading screams of the unfortunate vampire who had caused the trouble. In truth, she was slightly surprised at herself for her explosive reaction to Remy's words. She usually left the roughing up of overly disruptive clients to her were-bear and troll bouncers.

"Save your pity Ro," she muttered to herself, "he doesn't deserve it".

She turned her attention back to the club, her eyes falling on Sara. The poor girl was human like her, but didn't have a strong constitution when it came to violence. Ironic, thought Rowan, considering she was dating a demon, known by all to be one of the most violent races of otherworlders.

"I'm so sorry boss, you know what Carl gets like!" she tried to explain.

"Save it, Sara. I understand perfectly well," Rowan tried to put a strict tone on her voice but just couldn't manage it. Her resolve crumbled as Sara's baby blues widened and her full lower lip started to stick out.

"Aw man, really? You know I can't be mad when you pout like that!" Sara's eyes sparkled mischievously and her lip poked out even more. "Come on, don't stand there acting cute, those bar orders aren't gunna take themselves. Go on, I pay you to serve drinks girl."

Rowan laughed as Sara let out a huge smile and bounded over to the crowded bar to do her job. From the grin that the other vampire barman, John, gave this little ball of gorgeous energy, Rowan knew that Sara would be safe for the rest of the shift.

***

Luke Phillips was really trying hard not to have a good time. His best-friend, self proclaimed ladies man Philippe Môntreve had dragged him here toLa Rosa Negrain an attempt to cheer him up. The vampire lord's mood was permanently set on sour, given the current disruptions in his realm.

All he wanted was to get out there and sort all that shit out and Philippe just wanted him to "chill".

"It will be good for you," the tall laughing man had proclaimed in his lilting French accent when he dragged Luke out of his office and sent him off to get changed. Begrudgingly, Luke had done so, he did need a break, but he refused to give his friend the satisfaction of being right. Phillipe would be insatiable otherwise.

"Please stop sulking Lukey-boy" Philippe exclaimed, throwing his arms around Luke's broad shoulders. "Just look at all this fresh tail, strutting around wearing less than sociably acceptable, all for our delight!" Philippe proceeded to do just that, his eyes caught on the bouncing, generous chest of a gyrating elf on the dance floor before coming to his senses and turning his attention once more to the brooding vampire at his side. His friend had been through a lot to become the vampire lord of this area but Philippe remained resolute in his quest to get him to loosen up and hopefully find a women. Almost 1,500 years was a long time to go without finding someone to settle down with.

"Look man," the Frenchman sighed, his lightly accented voice taking on a softer tone, "I know you have a lot on your plate, but you have got to learn how to relax a bit! You can't keep working for the rest of your immortal life; eternity is a long time to go without a break." Luke's eyebrow rose slightly at this and his shoulders slumped just a little.

"I know, Phil, I know," he sighed. His friend, satisfied for the moment, left him to get some drinks at the busy bar, leaving Luke in their booth to scan the room. The nightclub was tastefully decorated and modern. The strobe lights hurt his eyes slightly but otherwise he liked the darkness that the club maintained.

Ignoring appreciative glances from several of woman his human mother would have termed "loose" his emerald eyes searched for Philippe at the bar.

It's not that he wasn't interested in woman, far from it. His Italian looks gave him lightly tanned skin and wavy dark chocolate hair that made any woman pant like a bitch in heat. Before he was turned, he had been a manual labourer which had merited him with broad shoulders, heavily muscled arms and a torso that would make an Armani underwear model cry with envy. It was no wonder then that he attracted plenty of female attention. But tonight, it was unwanted attention; he just wanted a quiet night out with having to deal with a simpering woman clinging on his every word in hope that he might bed her tonight.

A disruption in the corner to closest to him distracted him from his quest to find Phillipe. From his vantage point he could see a vampire snivelling on the floor at the feet of what looked like a human woman standing in the shadows whilst a huge male demon stood glowering over the both of them. Behind the demon hid a tiny blonde woman, her terror rolling off her in waves.

Luke's interest was piqued. He quietly moved closer to the group, pushing his way through the throng on the dance floor. Using the natural shadows of the club he masked his presence and viewed the unveiling situation with some interest.

The vampire on the floor had managed to get to his feet.

"Remy," Luke hissed under his breath. What had that drunken son of a bitch done now? Luke's enhanced hearing picked up on the vampire's words as he struggled to his feet. He hissed again at the asshole's use of language.

Luke expected the demon to rip Remy's unfortunate head off at this point so what happened next surprised him hugely. The human woman in the shadows, who had her back to him at this point suddenly moved. Her flying fist was as fast as lightening, colliding with the vampires face with a sickening thud. Luke could not hold back his chuckle; Remy had more than deserved that, the slimy bastard. What surprised him though was how she had managed to break the vampire's nose.

Vampires were tough creatures, much stronger than humans, therefore it was unlikely that this human woman could have broken anything and yet Luke had heard the crack as clear as anything.

His unasked question was answered when the spinning strobe lights suddenly lit up the woman's hands, which were still held up in a boxer's stance. Silver knuckledusters. Luke could have laughed again; this woman was tougher than she looked.

Luke missed the rest of the exchange between this woman and the demon who now loped out of the club, Remy in tow. Luke was sure however, that the vampire would get his comeuppance.

The demon's pint-sized girlfriend looked significantly happier now as she skipped past Luke and hopped over the bar to take some more orders. Luke, momentarily distracted by the blonde, now turned back in hope of seeing the woman who had spiked his interest.

If his heart was beating, it would have stopped then as she finally came into the light. She was, for want of a better word, perfect. Her midnight black hair curled in ringlets to her tiny waist which flared into rounded hips. The oscillating lights of the club flung the definition of the muscles in her arms into harsh effect and showed clearly her toned six-pack. The woman was all muscle, toned and slender. Luke's cock suddenly felt incredibly strained in his tight jeans.

She looked like a warrior princess, proud and regal, strong yet beautiful. She moved with an innate grace that was more befitting of a vampire rather than the human that she was. Luke could not help staring as she swung herself neatly over the bar, her pendulous breasts swaying lightly as she did so.

"Jesus, you look you have been hit round the back of the head with a silver crowbar," Phillipe chose this moment to materialise. Luke gave him a scathing look before trying to hunt down the mysterious beautiful woman again. "So who is she?" Phillipe smirked.

"What?" Luke tried to appear nonchalant, but Philippe wasn't having any of it.

"Ha! Nice try man but you aren't going to be able to get past me. I've known you almost 1,000 years; I know when you have been struck dumb by a woman. Admittedly it hasn't happened often," he said with a shrug of his lean shoulders, "But now is definitely one of those moments!" He crowed triumphantly, secretly thrilled that Luke had finally started to show an interest in his night out.

Philippe's eyes followed his friend's across the crowded club to the bar. He suddenly found the object of Luke's attention and whistled slowly. He could see why Luke looked struck dumb by the beautiful, independent and dangerous-looking woman behind the bar.

"Lukey-boy," he proclaimed, "You 'ave no chance."

***

Rowan's earlier actions had attracted mixed attention from the rest of the clients. Most gave her beaming smiles and congratulations, others exclaimed their surprise and admiration at how quick she had moved, she smiled her thanks at all of them but couldn't help that feeling of animosity that radiated from a select few. Remy may not have been liked by most, but when sober he was a strong vampire with a band of loyal followers. She feared that this matter would not be put to rest tonight.

"Girl, you were fierce out there!" John exclaimed yet again. Rowan rolled her eyes yet again. If vampires were stereotypically dark and brooding, her gay vampire bar manager was the complete opposite. Nothing could dampen his mood; his setting permanently on 'optimistic'.

"John, please don't," she said over the pounding beat of the music in the club, "I just want to forget all this, and I already feel like a celebrity or something!" She called her thanks to a bunch of were-cats who spoke their approval from the other end of the bar. "You see?" she exclaimed to a beaming John who handed her more glasses to fill.

"Sweetie, you love it! Don't deny the truth!" he called, mincing his way down to the other end of the UV lit bar to serve another customer.

Rowan shook her head in mirth. She'd never heard of a mincing vampire until she met John. He dispelled any common vampire stereotypes in his true flamboyant manner and she loved him for it.

She froze suddenly, unable to ignore the feeling that she was being watched; intently. She cast her gaze around the club until they suddenly landed on two men standing in the shadows just in the corner of the club. She could not help the flood of heat that spread between her thighs as suddenly their features were lit by the strobes. The taller, blond one was not looking at her; instead he was smirking at his friend next to him. It was his friend that held Rowan's attention. He was gorgeous.

Definitely European, she thought. His features were dark and smouldering and his gaze held her with such ferocious intensity that she couldn't help but shiver. She ran her eyes over his huge shoulders and muscled arms and started to wonder what it would be like to be wrapped in those arms. Her fantasies to a turn for the erotic and she shook her head to clear them.

She tried to distract herself by throwing herself into her work, taking orders, filling drinks and generally keeping her clients happy. But she couldn't help sneaking little glances in his direction every now and again. His gaze would be on her without fail.

***

At 2.00 AM Sara called for last orders. This ignited another rush to the bar and it was at least another half an hour before Rowan and her team managed to deal with them all.

She was vaguely aware of someone slide into the seat just to the left of her and suddenly found herself face to face with the object of her fantasies.

Oh god, he was even more beautiful than she realised. He resembled something like the mix between a model and a Greek god, his muscles seeming to strain out of his skin tight black silk shirt. This man was sin himself and Rowan felt the dampness between her thighs return instantly.

"I'm Luke," he said softly holding out a huge hand for her to take. Rowan could have moaned in pleasure then and there; even his deep, sexy voice was a turn on. She took his hand, stating "Rowan" in return. She marvelled at how his hand almost enveloped hers. God what she would do to have those long, dextrous fingers in her pussy.

She almost blushed at the thought, meeting his sparkling green eyes with her own azure ones. She silently scolded herself for turning so quickly into a red-faced school girl around this man.

Luke took the moment's silence to peruse her at his leisure. She shivered noticeably at his blatant sweep of her body, his gaze lingering for longer than deemed appropriate on her substantial chest. Her nipples pebbled instantly, straining against the silk of her bra, causing them to rub with every miniscule movement. With each rub, came shoots of pleasure that went straight to her core.

"Do you get a break anytime soon?" Luke rumbled, lifting his hand slowly to stroke a thumb along her jaw line.

Rowan did moan then, even if it was almost imperceptive. However the look of manly pride that crossed his face told her he had heard.

"As manager, I think I can manage to dictate when I take a break," she said, smugly.

He bowed his head, allowing a few wavy tresses to hang over his smouldering eyes.

"Good," he whispered in her ear, noting again with satisfaction that she shivered in pleasure.

Rowan had almost passed out when he whispered in her ear, his cool breath caressing her neck. She swung herself over the bar nimbly and at once was able to face this man properly.

Dear lord he was huge, she thought in alarm. As her gaze swept over him she noticed that he was indeed huge in all departments if the tell-tale bulge in his dark jeans was anything to go by.

He chuckled quietly at her embarrassment. He was larger than most and his obvious display of arousal had evidently caused her cheeks to redden.

"Perhaps you are not used to men wanting you so obviously, my dear?" he chuckled, "It is nothing to be embarrassed about, the moment I saw you I knew I wanted you."

"Well you certainly didn't waste much time then," Rowan retorted. She was almost shocked by his forwardness.

12