A Miracle at the Cabin Ch. 01

Story Info
My goodness, where did she come from?
6.6k words
4.58
65.9k
67
7

Part 1 of the 13 part series

Updated 10/12/2022
Created 06/26/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This story is an original work of fiction. The author reserves all rights. All characters are over the age of 18. Any resemblance these characters have to actual persons is unintentional.

Although this story is erotic fiction, it touches on religious beliefs, angels and dreams and how those possibly affect us and the people we love. If you prefer not to think about these subjects, please do not read this story. This is fiction intended to entertain the reader, not as any sort of religious doctrine that you should believe.

There are thirteen chapters in this story. The first two chapters contain little erotic content. The following chapters will have erotic scenes between two people as they discover their love for each other and recall their encounters with prior lovers.

No editors were involved and I take all responsibility for any errors you may find. Comments are always appreciated.

I hope you enjoy this story.

*

I glanced at the car clock and it was almost 1:00am. It'd taken much too long to get here. Atlanta rush hour was horrendous and I had to stop for groceries and gas. However, I finally arrived and drove up the gravel lane to my cabin overlooking the lake.

After pulling into the guest parking spot near the front door, I turned the engine off, took a deep breath and yawned. I was very tired and ready for bed but still had work to do. It was a dark moonless night. I used my flashlight app to illuminate the front door lock, opened the door and turned on the interior and porch lights.

When entering the cabin, I was surprised to see two beer cans sitting on the kitchen counter. The kitchen was spotless when I'd left two months earlier. The room was also warmer than I expected and I noticed several other things out of place. The sofa cushions were piled up, not in their normal position; someone had moved an armchair to the family room. It should be in my bedroom.

I walked to the fireplace; there'd been a fire just in the last few hours. The coals were still hot and the light scent of hickory smoke was in the room. Somebody was here and I was scared.

I picked up the poker from the fireplace, the only weapon I could think of, and walked softly toward the guest bedroom. I slowly opened the door and turned on the light. All was in order.

When I opened the master bedroom door and switched on the light, someone started screaming and screaming. It was obviously a woman and she could really scream. My god, she could scream. She pulled the covers up around her and just peeked out as she screamed. The whole bed was shaking as she tried to protect herself with the bedding.

I held up my hands and yelled, "PLEASE, lady, please stop screaming. I'm not going to hurt you. Please calm down."

"GET OUT OF HERE!" she yelled as loud as any human voice I'd heard.

"OK, OK, but please just calm down. I'm not going to touch you. I'm very sorry I scared you."

She finally calmed a bit, peeked out and yelled, "WELL YOU SHOULD BE! What are you doing here?"

"I own this cabin." She studied my face for a moment. I suppose she concluded I was telling the truth.

"Oh, I'm sorry. If you'll leave me alone for a few minutes, I'll gather my stuff and get out."

I shook my head, "It's much too late at night for you to leave; just stay where you are. Why are you here?"

"That's none of your business."

"OK, maybe we can sort everything out in the morning. I have some groceries and supplies to bring in. You just stay where you are and try to get back to sleep. You're welcome to stay here for now." She just stared at me over the top of her bedcovers. At least she was quiet. I turned the light off and closed the door.

As I walked toward the kitchen, I heard her footsteps running to the bedroom door. She locked it and I could hear the unmistakable sound of a chair being dragged across the floor and wedged against the door.

After storing the food and other supplies, I went to the guest bedroom. At least it had a full bath so I could shower.

Damn, there was no hot water! I guessed the pilot light had gone out again. Was she taking cold showers?

I lay awake in bed for a long time, unable to get her presence out of my mind. What was she doing here and how did she get in? I guess I finally fell asleep sometime in the middle of the night. And wouldn't you know it, I even dreamed about her. For some reason, the name "Pam" kept coming to me in my dream. I didn't know anyone named Pam, but the dream was very vivid and, unlike most dreams, I remembered it when I woke.

The sun was just coming up and I wanted to get a fire burning. The house was cold; I quickly put on trousers, a t-shirt and a robe. But as I went through the motions of laying the fire and making the coffee, she was all I could think about. I didn't even get a good look at her, except the top of her head and her eyes. Where did she come from?

Shortly after the coffee was ready, I heard her bedroom door open. She slowly came out carrying a suitcase and wearing a winter coat.

"Would you like some coffee? I just made it."

She stopped, but didn't look at me. She appeared to be uncertain of what to do. "No, I'd better just go."

"I'd really like you to stay and have breakfast. Can you at least do that? I promise not to touch you. Please stay."

Her resolve to leave seemed to be slowly easing. Finally, she agreed. "OK, maybe for just a little while."

I poured a cup of coffee and put it on the counter. "Do you take cream and sugar?"

"No, just black please." She walked to the counter, picked up the cup and stepped back. She was obviously afraid of me.

She was a beautiful young woman, obviously in very good shape, with long wavy blonde hair that fell well below her shoulders. As she removed her heavy coat, I could see the outline of a very nice full bosom and a narrow waist that flared into a firm and pert bottom restrained by her tight jeans. Her sultry eyes were an amazing blue color that gave a sparkle to her facial features.

I said, "We didn't get off to a good start last night and I'm sorry for that. My name is Tom. Can you at least tell me your name?"

"I'm Pam." My heart almost stopped. This revelation really scared me and a sudden rush of tingling chills raced through my body. I felt very dizzy. She added, "You don't look so good. Are you about to faint?"

I held onto the counter and slowly regained control.

"I'm OK. Just hungry and tired, I suppose. I didn't get much sleep last night."

"I didn't either, after you opened the door."

"Believe it or not, I am glad to meet you Pam."

"Why?"

"Because you seem like a nice young lady that maybe needs a little help."

"I don't need anybody's help."

I smiled and asked, "What can I fix you for breakfast? I have bacon, ham, smoked sausage and eggs. I can do pancakes or waffles or oatmeal."

"You're a virtual IHOP." She finally grinned, but just barely, and then looked away.

"Well, I wouldn't say that but I do think my pancakes are better than theirs. You want to try 'em?"

"Sure."

"And what about a couple of bacon strips?"

"That'd be good."

"Why don't you have a seat at the table and I'll get going."

"I think I'll go over next to the fire."

"Good, can you put another stick of wood on?"

"Sure."

I worked in silence to mix the batter and heat the griddle while the bacon sizzled in a skillet. She stood with her back to the fire and watched, never seeming to take her eyes off me. I glanced at her a couple of times and smiled. She never returned my smile.

In about six or seven minutes, the first batch of pancakes was ready and the bacon was crisp. I heated maple syrup in the microwave using a cream pitcher my wife always used.

"I think we're about ready. Come on over."

She walked over but kept the island counter between us. I respected that and put the platter with the food on the counter, along with her plate and utensils. I busied myself with the next batch while she filled her plate and sat at the table. At least she had a good appetite.

After a couple of minutes, she said, "These are very good. What do you do to make them taste so different?"

"I add some cornmeal to the batter mix. That gives it a bit of texture and adds a flavor that's really good with the syrup."

"I'm going to remember that."

"Can I ask you a question?"

Her guard quickly went up but she finally said, "OK."

"How did you get in the cabin? I didn't see anything to indicate a break-in."

"I looked under the doormat and the flower pots on the front porch and found a key."

Then I remembered about a year ago when I'd let a friend use the cabin. I'd left a key under a flowerpot for him. I'd just forgotten to retrieve it.

She then asked, "Why did you come so late last night?"

"I had to drive from Chattanooga and I hit rush hour traffic around Atlanta. Then I stopped for groceries and again for gas. How long have you been here?"

I glanced at her but she looked down. "About a week."

I replied, "My goodness, what have you been eating?"

"I found some canned vegetables and you had some frozen meat that I cooked. I was glad to find a six-pack in the fridge. I'll pay you back."

"Don't worry about it. All that needed to be eaten soon anyway. Was the beer still OK?"

"Yes, but why are you being so nice to me?"

"Why shouldn't I be?"

"Well, for starters, I entered your house without permission. I slept in your bed, burned your firewood, ate your food and used up a lot of electricity."

I replied, "This is starting to sound like Goldilocks and the Three Bears." She finally smiled. "You did all of that because you needed to. You did no damage at all. You were very neat. I don't think I'd have known you were ever here had you departed before I arrived. Sure, I might have missed the beer but probably wouldn't have remembered it anyway."

"I'm sorry I did it, but you're right. I really needed a place to stay." She stood and walked to the counter. "Can we start over? I haven't been very nice to you and you didn't do anything wrong."

"I'd like that. Can we go over and enjoy the fire?"

She sat at the far end of the sofa and I sat in the armchair. We both sipped from our coffee cups and studied the crackling fire in silence for a moment.

I broke the silence, " So, you've been here about a week. Why did you come to this cabin?"

"It was actually the fourth one I tried. The others were locked and I couldn't find a key hidden anywhere. I didn't want to just break in."

"Do you have a car?"

"I guess you could call that bucket of rust a car. It's in the garage around back. Since it's November, I was hoping that no one would be around. Most of the houses around the lake appear to be closed up for the winter. Why did you come?"

"I always come for a week in November to just relax, read and enjoy the quietness of the lake."

"Why November? It's cold here."

"Yes, but the fireplace makes it cozy and I enjoy the crisp air and solitude."

"I guess all my screaming wasn't the solitude you were expecting."

I smiled and responded, "You sure have a powerful set of lungs."

"Well, I need to be going."

"Where are you going?"

"I'll find someplace."

"Pam, I'd really like you to stay. I promise I won't try anything. I can sense that something very bad is troubling you. Maybe I can help."

She sat and watched the fire in silence but was obviously debating with herself. After maybe a half-minute or so, she replied, "OK, but only for a day or two. I have some school friends in Atlanta so maybe I could contact them and see if they could put me up after that."

"Good. How about some more coffee?"

"Sure, I'll get it." She walked to the kitchen, brought back the pot and poured us fresh cups. I noticed how graceful she moved and how perfect her body appeared to be. She was taller than most women at around 5'6" give or take, and had long legs like a professional dancer. Her tanned facial features were just breathtaking, like you see in men's magazines or in the movies. Those eyes were to die for.

"Pam, can we at least share a little information about ourselves?" She nodded. "I'm Tom Sumter and I live near Chattanooga. Have you ever been there?"

"Just driving through. I remember going by the river and seeing part of the city skyline. I was headed to Nashville with a friend."

"That's the Tennessee River and it makes a big turn and heads north right where the Interstate passes. That's called Moccasin Bend or River Bend."

"Why would they name it after a shoe?"

"It's actually named after the water moccasin snake. If you look at the river from the top of Lookout Mountain, it twists and turns like a snake as it makes its way around Chattanooga. I live on another ridge top called Signal Mountain. It's to the north of Lookout and it also has a nice view of the valley."

"Why's it called Signal Mountain?"

"Tradition says that early Native Americans used the cliff point there to send smoke signals that could be seen across the valley. During the Civil War, the Federal troops used it to send signals-I suppose using mirrors. Those could have been seen for miles from that point.

"So what's you family name and where are you from?"

"It's Davis and I'm from a little village just outside of Greenville, South Carolina, toward the mountains."

"That's a beautiful area. I think Furman University is there."

"It is. I went there for two years."

"Has your family lived in that area for a long time?"

"For generations. We were kind of an old-fashioned, traditional family. We had a farm and it was just expected that we'd learn all the basics such as cooking, taking care of the livestock, repairing fences and so on. I have a older sister and we always tried to figure out how to avoid as much work as possible." She laughed. "Those were good times."

"Why did you leave Furman after just two years?"

"I thought I knew more than anyone else and I didn't need to go to college. That was a stupid mistake."

I was surprised at her honesty. "So what happened after you left college?"

"I left home. I was almost 20 and tired of the farm life. I wanted some excitement. While my parents and sister were away, I just packed and left. My dad and mom had been strict and we were not allowed to do things all our friends were allowed to do. I rebelled and, like a lot of dumb teenagers, thought I knew better."

"Where did you go?"

"A friend from school drove me to the bus station and I bought a ticket to Charlotte."

"Why Charlotte?"

"A boyfriend that my parents didn't know about lived there. We had met at Furman and I thought I was in love with him. He had already graduated and was working in that area."

She looked over toward the fireplace. "Oh, I need to put wood on. Excuse me."

Pam walked to the back porch and came in with several pieces. She placed them gently on top of the glowing embers; they began to crack and pop and sparks flew into the fire screen. She sat on the sofa again but not so far away this time.

"What do you do in Chattanooga?"

"I own a few restaurants and a kitchen supply company."

"Wow. So how can you manage to get away for a week?"

"I've very good managers. They'd like for me to get away more often, I think." We both chuckled.

Pam asked, "Are you married?"

"I was. She died two years ago."

"Oh no. Was it an accident?"

"Breast cancer."

"That's a bummer. How old was she?"

"She was 29. We were born within a few days of each other and always celebrated our birthdays by coming here."

"When's your birthday."

"Tomorrow."

"Oh! That explains why you came. I'm so sorry I messed it up for you."

"Well, you didn't know and you certainly aren't messing it up." We sat in silence for a while and watched the fire.

Pam then asked, "Do you have children?"

"No. We were just starting to try when we found out she had cancer. She had already stopped taking the pill."

"How did she find out?"

"We were making love one morning and I was massaging her breasts. I felt a lump I'd not noticed before. Of course that scared us. She went to the doctor the next day; the x-rays showed a possibility of cancer. She had a biopsy and an operation a month later. They removed what they could but it'd spread and was in her lymph system." I could feel a tear running down my face.

"That's really tragic. I don't think I've heard of anyone that young getting breast cancer."

"We were obviously shocked. It was the last thing on our minds, in fact. But life is strange sometimes. We never know what'll happen. Just when you think everything is going great, it can suddenly change."

After a few moments, I asked, "So what happened in Charlotte?"

"Well, he was glad I came and there was an extra bedroom in his townhouse so I moved in. Of course, it wasn't long before we were sleeping together. I found a job in a restaurant as a cook. But I really wanted to be a server so I could get tips. When an opening came, I jumped on it. The money was good but the hours were terrible. He worked days and I often worked nights."

I commented, "That's always tough on any relationship."

"We slowly drifted apart and I knew our relationship just wasn't to be. He let me stay there until I found another place.

"A very handsome police officer would often come to the restaurant and he always asked to be seated in my section. We hit it off. He was really nice and we started dating. Nothing serious at first. But he eventually asked me to move in with him and I did." She suddenly paused and shook her head.

"Why am I telling you this? We just met. Not even my closest friends know this."

"Sometimes, it easier to talk to strangers than to your loved ones."

She continued to stare at the fire and we sat in silence for a while. Finally she continued.

"That was another big mistake. He was always so nice at the restaurant and on dates but he wasn't as nice at home. Our sex was always rough. He left me bruised many times and I dreaded making love to him.

"One morning, after he left for work, I was putting clothes away but had trouble pulling out one of the drawers. It appeared to be stuck so I pulled really hard. Suddenly, it broke free and I found that a book had been wedged in the drawer. I guess it was turned up and caught on something. The book was partially torn from my jerking on it. I tried to straighten it out but it was damaged too badly.

"I looked through it to see if I could figure out what it was so I could buy him another one. It was just a notebook with lots of names, phone numbers and symbols. I didn't know what all that was so I put it back where I found it. Late that night, he must have seen it. He screamed something about me looking through his stuff and hit me so hard that I thought he'd broken my jaw. I was both hurt and scared and I ran into the kitchen just to get away. He ran after me and threw me on the floor. He said that if he ever caught me going through his stuff again, he'd kill me. I believed him. I've never seen a person so angry."

"I thought I saw the remains of a bruise on your jaw. Did you call the police?"

"He was the police."

"So what did you do?"

"I ran. The next day, I quite my job, packed the car and started driving."

"Why did you end up here, so far away from anywhere?"

"About five years ago, I came here with my uncle and aunt. My uncle is a keen fisherman and he loved coming to this lake. They asked me to tag along. I was just learning to drive and I studied the maps as he drove.

"As I was coming down I-85 a week ago, I suddenly remembered all the nice houses here. I looked it up on Google Maps and found my way."

"Well, I'm glad you found your way here."

"You are?"

12