A Mistake Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Oh that." Kevin said, swallowing a piece of bacon. "I came because of a deal. Actually I was approached by your company to be their brand ambassador." Nicole did remember Mr. Valeron talking about some sponsorship deal regarding the sports section, but she hadn't paid heed as it wasn't her area. "At first, I thought of passing it off but then one day I was just going through the dossier and your name popped up in the list of staff." He dropped his fork on his plate gently and looked at her.

"Listen Nicole," his brown eyes looked into her grey ones with remorse and softness. "I'm sorry to have left like that. I was just so angry and I didn't know what to say to you."

"It's alright, we don't have to go back to that." She said covering his hand with hers. He gave her a small smile as he turned his gaze away from her.

"So when I saw your name, I decided to come and just, you know maybe get to meet you. I hadn't decided on the deal but I just wanted to see you." He said.

"So you're not back, like permanently?" She asked, trying to keep the disappointment out of her voice, as she suddenly felt her hunger gone.

"Oh no, I just came down for a couple of days. I've got to get back to Manchester tomorrow. We've got game this Saturday."

"Tomorrow?" She felt her mood sour over. After so many years and he was leaving tomorrow itself? She didn't reply but Kevin felt her change in mood.

"Hey babe, Nicole?" He said, pressing over her hand gently. "Listen, I'm not running away alright. It's not like that. See with this deal done, I'd be coming to Manhattan frequently like atleast twice a month. That way I get to see you and of you can visit me in England. I want you back in my life, I want us back together." Nicole didn't reply but nodded in silence.

"Nicole," Kevin said, dropping his voice low, "We can work something. There's no need to suffer like we did all these years. I've missed you so much."

"I've missed you too, Kevin." She said, in a low tone looking at him. She could feel a lump forming in her throat and fought back the feeling of running into his arms.

"We'll make it work, somehow." She said to him, with a smile. Nicole didn't know if it was going to work but she would give it a try. She wasn't going to make the same mistake of letting him go again.

12