A Most Unusual Romance Pt. 01

Story Info
An unusual erotic romance.
18.7k words
4.73
87.9k
103

Part 1 of the 4 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 11/08/2014
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Andyhm
Andyhm
2,037 Followers

I've submitted this in the romance section because that where I believe it should be.

It's a Romance which skirts in part with erotic couples and group sex. But ultimately it is the story of the conclusion of a rather unusual thirteen year romance between the main characters.

I could have posted it in any of the groups I mentioned.

I can't thank Romantic1 enough for the time he spent reviewing and editing this story

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Part 1

Retirement.

England the present;

I looked at the image on the monitors for one last time. Then I looked down at the patient on the table.

I told her, "That's it Mrs. Malone, we're all done, we've opened the blockage in your renal artery and the stent is in place. We just need to remove the tube that's in your leg and we can send you back to the ward."

I turned to my Senior Registrar, "Dave would you mind finishing up here? She's going to need a closure device." I looked at the clock on the wall of the Angio suite. "As of two minutes ago I officially retired."

"Sure thing boss, thanks for the help, I was struggling there," he replied. "I didn't think I was ever going to get across that stenosis."

"Ex-boss," I reminded him. "And it was just a case of using the right guide wire."

"True but I would never have thought of using a coronary guiding catheter and wire."

I pulled my gloves and my bloody surgical gown off and tossed them in the bin. I walked to the control room and hung up my lead coat. My lead glasses went into my pocket of my scrubs. I stretched, trying to work out the kinks in my spine.

Mila, the radiographer came over to me. She looked up at me, "Now you're re-tired Dr Fitzpatrick I can finally do this," and she stood on tiptoe and wrapped her arms round my neck and gave me a long sensual kiss that had my toes curling. She moved back panting slightly and blushed as our colleagues gave us a round of applause.

"Damn, I need to retire more often," I said, and then I bent down and kissed her again. "Thank you Mila." I looked around the room; I was going to miss this crowd.

I spoke to all of them, "Will I see you all at my place tomorrow?" There were a lot of nods and yes's from round the room. I had my own retirement party planned, and I sure hoped Mila was there with more of her kisses.

"Who else is going Mike?" Ann, the scrub nurse asked.

I replied, "Just the people I like." We both laughed.

"Good, does that mean I might get a kiss like that," she asked.

I laughed, "If you play your cards right and treat this old man properly, you could get lucky." I squeezed her shoulder in an affectionate gesture.

My official retirement party had been last week. It had been hosted by the hospital and populated with mostly the usual bores from my work; I'd missed seeing the people I liked. I'd arraigned a more informal do for Saturday for those people I wanted to say goodbye too properly.

I received a few more kisses and handshakes before I made it to the sanctuary of my office - my now empty office, the door standing open. Sally Fox, my secretary was packing away the last of my personal items into a box. I stood in the door and ran my fingers over the gold lettering watching her.

Professor M. Fitzpatrick,

Director of Radiology.

She came over and hugged me. Sally had been my secretary for the past thirteen years and a lot more than that for the past twelve. She'd arrived straight from the local college. A beautiful innocent eighteen year old redhead looking so nervous that all I'd wanted to do was wrap her protectively in my arms. Now I saw an even more beautiful and extremely competent woman.

She looked at me, then pointed at a photo on the desk, "I left that for you, I didn't want to pack it away with the rest of the stuff."

"Thanks," I sat down and picked it up. The face that looked out at me was that of Linda, my late wife. She'd died in a car crash twelve years earlier leaving me to bring up our twin girls, Gillian and Julia. They'd only been thirteen when she had died. Now they are both twenty-five and married, and have children.

I held my hand out to Sally. She came and sat on my lap and gave me a kiss. "I'm going to miss you boss."

"No regrets?" I asked.

She replied, "Never a one."

********************

The beginning.

England the Past;

Six months after Linda's death, I had reached my lowest point. The girls were staying with my sister and their cousins for the summer. I was drinking myself to sleep almost every night. I don't know how I was able to work. I know my colleagues covered for me a lot but it couldn't continue.

Sally had taken it upon herself to straighten me out. She had appeared one night on my doorstep; I had been half drunk and looked like an unshaven and un-showered slob. She took one look at me and had marched me into the bathroom. She'd forced me stand under the cold shower until I sobered up. I re-member standing in my soaking wet jeans and tee shirt shivering with the cold, my teeth chattering. She had stripped off my wet clothes, and dried me. She had led me to the bedroom and had put me to bed. Then she had undressed, climbed in beside me and held me until I fell asleep in her arms.

She stayed with me for a whole week, throwing or locking away all the alcohol in the house. She looked after me; she fed me and kept me clean. She held me in bed while I cried myself to sleep. She was my sounding board, and finally when she felt I was ready, she made love to me.

She became my closest friend, my confidant, wise beyond her nineteen years. She was the person the girls and I turned to whenever they needed a mother's shoulder. My daughters took to her as a surrogate stepmom even though she was only six years older.

Ever since that time, whenever she sensed I was sinking, she would appear on my doorstep. She might only stay a night or it could be a week. She might come over every few days then not for a couple of months. I asked her on numerous occasions to move in, but each time she would refuse. She told me that it wasn't what I really wanted or needed.

At work she was the epitome of a professional secretary. At home she was my sanity, and she never mixed the two. No one other than my daughters ever knew what she was to me and they never broke her confidence.

I'd thought it was all over four years ago when she met Clive Fox. Within a week they were engaged and less than two months later married. They were such a happy couple; I really liked Clive, although I started to grieve at what I thought my loss would be.

Three weeks after she first met Clive, was the anniversary of Linda's death. I was staring at an unopened bottle of single malt, and my hand was reaching out for it and the promise of oblivion it offered when the doorbell rang. I opened the door and Sally stood there with her overnight bag at her feet.

"What... What are you doing here?"

She looked puzzled at the question, "What do you think I'm doing!" She walked past me, picked up the bottle and put it away. Then she came and sat on the sofa.

I sat down beside her. "But what about Clive?" I said.

She looked at me with a steely glint. "I told him all about you Michael, on the very first day we met. And that any relationship we could have would have to include my visits to you."

"And he agreed?"

"Yes, but I did promised him that no one will ever to know. That I won't ever tell him what happens when I'm here. And when we are in in public I'm never to be anything but your secretary and his fiancé and eventual wife."

And so our unusual relationship had continued and over time had evolved. The visits became less frequent but still as important as ever to both of us. During the previous year they had only occurred a few times and this year it had been only the once on the anniversary of Linda's death. Most of our contact out of the hospital had been at an occasional meal or party, and Sally had usually been accompanied by Clive.

*******************

Realisation

England the present;

I was still looking at the photo when Sally got back from putting my stuff in the car. She looked at me and pulled out her phone. She sat down on the edge of my desk and dialed.

"Clive darling, I won't be home tonight..."

"Yes that's right he needs me..."

"I'm sorry too..."

"No I won't see you in the morning, there no point. I told you I was going over in the morning to help him get the place ready for the party. I might as well just stay over, I just need you to bring my dress..."

"It's hanging up on the bedroom door, and the matching underwear, you know the ones ..."

"Yes I need you to come over about four, before the others arrive..."

"Please don't forget the present..."

"Yes I know; I love you too."

She rang off and picked up Linda's photo. She took my hand and then led me for the last time from my office.

She followed me home in her old car. I pulled into the drive past the sold sign. She helped me unpack my car. Then we stood in the kitchen and I put my arms round her.

I said, "You do know that I'm OK, don't you?"

She put her finger on my lips, "I know, but this time I'm the one that needs you!" Her statement surprised me. I'd always assumed she had an occasional need to be with me - a much older man, but she'd never verbalized her need.

She went out to her car and returned with her overnight bag. I raised my eyebrows in surprise.

"I'm sorry!" she said with a catch to her voice, "but I planned this. This will be the first and last time I'm ever going to lie to Clive, but I needed this last night with you."

There were tears in her green eyes and she burst out crying. "I love you and you're leaving me."

"Sally, Sally, I love you like a daughter, much more than a daughter if I'm being honest. But it's Clive you really love, not me."

She looked at me, still with tears in her eyes. "I know; I love him too," then she said something that surprised me. "At least I think I do, but I do know I love you more than anyone!" She paused and stared into my eyes and added for emphasis, "Anyone, anywhere."

"Let's get a drink and sit down and talk about this."

I poured a couple of glasses of wine, and then led her into the somewhat empty lounge where we sat on the sofa. She kicked her shoes off and tucked her legs up under her before curling up beside me and putting her head on my shoulder in a loving gesture.

She asked, "But why do you need to go?"

I replied, "You know why. The hospital wanted me to take early retirement. So when I got asked to become the professor emeritus for radiology in Denver, it was just too good an opportunity for me to turn it down." I looked at her. "It's only going to be for two years then I'm coming back."

"But if you're coming back, why have you sold this place?"

"It's just far too big for me on my own. For god sake it's got six bedrooms. I would have sold it earlier if it hadn't been for the girls' frequent visits. I'm just going to buy something smaller when I get back."

"You will come back?"

"Of course, I will. You're here."

I looked at her, "There's not a lot of food in the house, I wasn't expecting guests. We could order in if that's OK with you."

Sally replied, "Or we could go out."

"Sally, I thought that was something we would never do as a couple for Clive's sake."

"One time can't hurt us, I want to do it. If we see anyone who knows either of us then its Dr. Fitzpatrick and Mrs Fox his secretary, and you are taking me out to thank me for the good work I've done for you for the past years."

"Well that's true at so many levels." I thought about my options and came up with a solution. "There's a pub I know about twenty miles away that serves re-ally nice food; how does that sound?" She hugged me and agreed.

"I need to get changed; I'm still in my scrubs. Do you want to freshen up?"

Sally smiled at me, "I would have gone with you whatever you were wearing. But if you are changing then I have got some less secretarial looking clothes in my bag." She picked up her bag and I led her upstairs and into my bedroom.

I said, "I'm going to grab a quick shower, I won't be a moment" I went in to the attached bathroom and stripped off my scrubs for the last time, throwing them in to the linen basket. My T-shirt and boxers joined them and I stepped naked into the shower. I've kept myself reasonably trim these past years, I'm six-one in my socks and I weigh a hundred and eighty pounds. My muscle tone is ok, I run a couple of times a week, and I still row my scull on the river at the week-end.

Through the water spattered glass I saw Sally had followed me into the bath-room, undressing as she moved. She joined me in the shower, something that we did occasionally.

I looked at her beautiful body, her long wavy red hair piled up on top of her head. She wasn't tall, the top of her head would rest on my cheek, but I am six foot one. She was slim and elegant, her breasts were slightly too large for her body, a generous C cup tipped with a prominent pink nipple. She'd shaved so all that was left was a ginger landing strip pointing in the direction of her slit.

"Clive's a lucky man," I told her as I started to wash her down.

She sighed in contentment as the soapy sponge ran over her breasts. "Tonight you are the lucky man," she whispered as she looked up at me for a kiss.

We showered carefully cleaning each other. I shivered as she soaped my semi erect cock.

"Down boy," she said as he twitched under her fingers. "I'm hungry and if we get started I'm not going to finish till tomorrow."

I said, "We can't have that, I don't want you to fade away."

I got out leaving her to finish. I dried off and put on a comfy pair of jeans and a soft cotton shirt. I sat on the bed and watched as she put her make up on then dressed. Less secretarial clothes didn't really describe her outfit.

She saw me watching and put a show on for me. She sat on the dressing table stool facing me. She slowly pulled on a pair of shear black lace topped stay up stockings one leg at a time. She moved her legs around flashing her bare pussy. I kept getting tantalising glimpses of her pink inner lips. A black lacy thong went on next. This allowed her to stand so I could admire the curves of her butt as it was finally eased into place. A little black dress was the last item. No bra I was pleased to see. The form fitting dress had a neckline that plunged down between her breasts. The hem was mid-thigh just covering the lacy tops of her stockings. A pair of black high heels was finishing touch.

I looked at the beautiful woman in front of me and told her told her how wonderful and sexy she looked. She blushed and then admitted she'd bought the dress just for me. I grabbed my old favourite tweed jacket, and we went down stairs.

I went to pick up the car keys from the hall table, and then I hesitated and got the other set from the drawer. I set the alarm and locked up. Sally went to get in the BMW, but I put a hand on shoulder to stop her.

"Wait here I'll get the car," I said.

She looked confused, "But it's there," and she pointed.

"Just wait a moment, I'll be right back." I walked round the side of the house to the second garage. Inside was my pride and joy. A twenty-year-old Porsche 911 Cabriolet in metallic blue. Linda had bought it for my fortieth birthday. A month later she was dead and for three years I couldn't go near it. It had re-minded me so much of her. Finally, I had started to drive it again, but only on the weekend, and then only on special occasions. I hadn't even told Sally about it. Well this was most definitely a special occasion.

I started her up, it was a warm summers evening so I lowered the top. As I did every time I sat in her, I brought my fingers of my left hand to my lips and kissed them, then touched the silver plaque on the dashboard.

To my darling husband

A toy for him to play with when

He's not playing with me.

Love forever Linda

Every time I read it there would be tears in my eyes and this time was no exception. I pulled around to the front of the house and Sally. She looked shocked at the car; she'd never seen it before. She opened the passenger door and slid in. Her dress slid up her legs and she didn't pull it down.

She looked at me and asked, "When did you get this?" I couldn't reply. I was still a bit choked up. I just pointed at the plaque and she gasped as she read it.

"When?" She asked softly.

I managed to say, "Two weeks before her crash. I've only driven it a few times since, but tonight seemed right." After the first few words the rest were a lot easier.

She leaned across and gave me a kiss and rested her hand on my thigh. I pulled out the drive, and headed out of town. The pub was half an hour away and I didn't rush. The warm wind stirred Sally's red tresses. She sighed contentedly and gently caressed my thigh.

She looked at me and said, "Thank you."

I looked at her questioningly.

"I don't feel now that I lied to Clive, you did need me." I ran my hand along her thigh and she placed hers on top.

In a whisper I said, "Darling, I always have needed you." I wasn't sure Sally had heard me, but I hoped she knew how I felt about her.

All too soon we arrived at the pub. I parked and raised the roof. I helped Sally to get out. It's not easy to do elegantly in a short skirt. The Cat is a 17th century coaching inn that has been beautifully restored. It was one of my favourite places; Linda and I had first found it on our honeymoon. It was somewhere I could go to after her death and still recall the happy memories.

Roger the owner called out from behind the bar, "Doc, it's good to see you again, and who is this beautiful lady?"

I introduced him to Sally. To honour her agreement with Clive I introduced her as my secretary, and that the evening was my way of saying thanks for all her efforts over the past years.

"Roger, I feel like a bit of an idiot, I couldn't ask Sally to organise her own thank you meal and I forgot to make a reservation. Are we ok for a table?"

"Of course Doc, just give us a couple of minutes. Can I get you a drink while you are waiting?"

I replied, "A ginger ale for me, I'm driving and I'd like a glass of wine with the meal. Sally what would you like?"

"A Gin and tonic please."

Roger got our drinks and then stood talking to us while we waited for the table.

"So," he asked Sally, "What are you going to be doing if you are leaving the big fella?"

She frowned, "I'm not leaving, he is. He's retiring and going to the States for a couple of years."

"So you are retiring then Doc?"

I smiled, "As of five o'clock today Roger. They wanted me to make way for the younger generation."

He said, "And the States bit?"

"I've guest lectured at the university hospital in Denver before. Now they've offered me a two-year post as Professor Emeritus for radiology."

"Christ, does that mean I need to call you Prof now?" That raised a laugh from the pair of us.

The waitress came and led us to a nice secluded table. We sat beside each other on a padded bench, our backs against the wall. We ordered our food and a bottle of wine.

I looked at her, "I would have loved to have done this with you earlier. Go out in public with you alone. But I never wanted to break your agreement with Clive or compromise your position at the hospital. The meals with three of us were just never the same."

She looked at me wistfully, "I know, I used to have to sit on my hands in case I did this." She reached out and took my hand and drew it to her lips.

Andyhm
Andyhm
2,037 Followers