A New Dawn Ch. 05 - Epilogue

Story Info
Harry's last hurrah.
1.3k words
4.73
9.4k
9

Part 7 of the 7 part series

Updated 10/01/2022
Created 12/10/2014
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The group walked down the beach, from the house. twenty two year old Rick was one pace in front of Kyle and Em, and two ahead of Irena, Beata, Kaja, Cezar and Jakub. On the wooden decking by the steps, Susan, Lizzie and Perdy sat with Anne, Neta and Ola. Standing behind were Josip, Peter and the partners of the group. Susan sat head up, Lizzie and Perdy holding her hands. Anne, Neta and Ola all held hands to. Peter's hand rested on Anne's and Susan's shoulders, As Josip's did on Ola's. Petr, Neta's husband had both hands on her shoulders.

Rick walked slowly to the tide, where he lifted the lid on the urn. Em sobbed and Cezar, her best friend, lover, soon to be husband, moved to place his arm around her waist. The four remaining Jarnewski children linked arms and pulled together.

"Dad, thank you for our lives and good fortune. Thank you for being there, when we needed you most. We love you very much and will miss you forever."

Stepping into the water he and Kyle held the urn and tilted it slowly so the ashes spread out on the outgoing tide. Em threw a single rose. They watched the ashes float and tumble disappearing into the clear waters, the rose bobbing and weaving in the tide. Susan felt the tears rolling down her cheeks.

Harry Parker had died twenty two years after his first heart attack and the birth of his son Rick. He had filled every day with joy and lived it as though it was his last, until finally it was. Ten days ago he had collapsed in the garden and was pronounced dead twenty minutes later, at the hospital that he had generously funded for all these years. The paperwork and legalities had taken seven days to process, including permission for his ashes to be scattered on tortoise island.

As the rose bobbed further and further away, the children turned and walked up the beach. Kyle now twenty eight was a talented artist, marrying Rosa, a classical dancer he met at a party seven years previously. Em had grown up with Cezar and they had developed a deep and abiding love which sustained them through their different lives. Rick was in his last year at university and was dating Petra, an undergraduate a year below him.

Irena had shown immense interest in medicine and Harry and Susan had insisted on funding her through medical school. At thirty eight she was a well respected Consultant Neuro-Surgeon, having met and married Ned, a fellow surgeon. They had two children Agnes and Bertha, four and two respectively.

Beata was working in advertising in the family business, groomed to replace Perdy in due course, she was a natural, as yet unattached she had left a string of broken hearted boyfriends in her wake. Kaja was just out of university and back at home examining her options, having taken a two year sabbatical mid course to run an oversea aid group in the Phillipines. Jakub had nearly finished his engineering degree falling behind owing to a three year gap, when he went to find himself.

Peter and Anne Kerraway had become closely involved with the Parker's following their reunion with their daughter Perdy. Remaining close friends and confidantes over the years. They had sustained and enriched the Parker family, helping and assisting in every way the growth of their grandchildren. Peter now aged nearly ninety remained ramrod straight and murmured a prayer for Harry's soul. "Amen" echoed Anne as he finished.

Perdy and Lizzie, now nearly fifty, had achieved their ambition and developed a constantly evolving range of fashions for pregnant women, also branching out into baby wear. Beata had fitted in perfectly and added another younger dimension to the business. Inseparable from one another, they were known affectionately at work as the twins.

Ola and Josip, now in their late fifties, continued to work for and assist the Parker's, remaining as much a part of the family as their children were. Their job now was to ensure Susan remained healthy, active and fit. Neta, Ola's cousin had been responsible for keeping Harry alive on this very beach all those years ago, together with Harry's daughter Lizzie. As much a part of the family as Ola and Josip she had married Petr and moved to Paris, flying back often to catch up with the family.

When everyone was on the decking, under the awning, Josip opened some juices and sparkling water and Ola removed the cover on the food she had prepared. Soon everyone was eating and drinking as stories of Harry's legendary behavior circulated. Susan learned of the mammoth tickling session on the day after her giving birth to Rick. A full on affair involving everyone in the house, Ola recounted the sequence of events, with everyone involved chipping in a recollection.

Peter Kerraway reminded everyone of his first meeting with Harry. Perdy slipped her arm around her father's waist and grinned as he explained what an arrogant idiot he'd been, before meeting Harry.

Susan sat, then told everyone how Harry had sought her out and explained how he wanted to start over again with her and Lizzie. The place was silent as she described the scene and how she had later pounded him for secretly paying her rent on the Gallery she ran. Then the endless errands they thought up to test his resolve. How he had saved the opening of an exhibition by moving the caters and food using his old company contacts.

Later they all decided on a dip and shedding clothes, held hands and walked naked into the sea, before splashing and swimming around. Peter Kerraway and Anne enjoying the warmth of the water linked arms with Susan, hugging her they insisted she spend some time with them later in the year on a trip to Rome. Susan said only if she paid her own way. Peter said they could argue the detail later, but insisted on an answer, yes or no, she immediately said yes and they hugged again.

Suddenly a lot of splashing and shouting erupted as Rick and Kyle upended Ned and sides were taken, Beata launching a preemptive strike on Josip, who disappeared under the waves. Ola felt Cezars hands on her ankles as she pitched forward into the sea. Em grabbed Irena and threw herself backwards as Irena reached for Jakub. He sidestepped her hand, but went tumbling forward as his Aunt Neta used both hands to send him tumbling. She screamed as Petr whipped her legs from under her and sent her tumbling after Jakub. Kaja tried to avoid everyone but was knocked over by Josip as she reached the shallows.

"We're best out of this." said Susan, missing the movement of the hands of Peter Kerraway pulling her backwards until she felt herself falling. She went down with a bump in the surf completely soaked, but laughing. Anne turned and pushed both hands into his chest and he splashed down beside Susan giggling like a four year old.

Perdy tipped Lizzie backwards and turned to run, only to find her ankle gripped by her partner who dragged her down beside her. Petra and Rosa wrestled each other into the waves, grinning like cheshire cats. The chaos lasted another ten minutes before, laughing and giggling the group began to struggle back up the beach.

Susan hugged Anne Kerraway,

"Do you know I think Harry would have enjoyed that."

"I think Harry is enjoying it, although I bet he'd prefer to be joining in."

"Perhaps we ought to hold an annual Surf wrestling for Harry event." added Peter Kerraway sliding an arm round Anne.

"Harry, this one's for you, bless you my love, thank you for spending the best years of our lives with me," Susan shouted and everyone roared their approval.