A New Life

Story Info
A painful past turns into a beautiful future.
34.6k words
4.82
167.4k
151
33
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
MoogPlayer
MoogPlayer
1,927 Followers

Thank you all for the votes and encouragement, as well as the praise and insight that I've received over the past year or so. You've shown me how it feels to be truly appreciated, and for that, I will cherish you all forever...

MoogPlayer

This fictional story is loosely based on true events. However, the times, names, dates, and places have all been changed to protect the anonymity of some very special friends that I met during a very magical time in my life. One more thing, don't forget to vote...

~~~~~~

"Please don't go," she tearfully begged, as I packed my bags, "I'm really sorry, baby, and I promise not to ever let this happen again."

"Yeah, right," I sarcastically laughed, "That's what you said about what happened in Monterrey, when I walked in on you as you were being pounded at each end by those two guys from the Embassy Club."

"Please," she cried, "Please give me another chance."

"I wish that I could, I really do, "I replied, shaking my head, "But I've given you too many chances already; and you've blown every single one of them, not to mention probably half of the male populous in the country...goodbye," and then I sadly walked away, closing the front door behind me on the way out.

~~~~~~

Chapter One

My name is Travis Jameson, I stand six feet, four inches tall, and I weigh two hundred and sixty pounds, with little to no body fat. I have dark brown, almost black shoulder length hair, blue eyes, and I was born and raised in a small town about sixty miles south of Houston, Texas. And one more thing, I was barely twenty-four when what you're about to read took place.

I'm a musician by trade, a pianist/keyboardist to be more precise, and when I graduated college; I was recruited by a major recording artist, who shall remain nameless, to be a member of her band.

My parents had nurtured my musical abilities when I was young, and because I was his only son, I have a little sister who's a couple of months shy of being three years younger than me; my father saw to it that as long as I met my responsibilities at home and at school, I was given pretty much anything I wanted, well, anything within reason. And even though I still pulled my fair share of dumb ass stunts, I was still a good kid, regardless.

My little sister, Tara, however, was a different story altogether. Although she made good grades in school, she was the one that got caught doing things like sneaking out of the house to meet her friends after Mom and Dad had gone to bed, smoking pot in her bed room, and drinking Dad's bourbon. She never really broke any laws, but she gave my parents more grief that I ever did, allowing me to get away with more because I tried to stay beneath their radar.

Tara was, and still is, a great girl. She's very pretty and has the same hair and eye color that I do. She's most certainly beautiful and built extremely well, both of which she got from our mother, whom I might add, became a fashion model right after she graduated high school so; needless to say, her looks and build were passed down to my sister. I can still remember all the fights I got into after school because of certain things that had been said about Tara. I love her, I really do, but damn, she was a pain in the ass back then.

Me on the other hand, I looked just like my father who was a corporate attorney. He was the one who instilled in me the same work ethic that made him successful. I can still remember him telling me, "You don't have to stand tall in life, son, but you damn sure have to stand up," and also; "You have to lie down to be walked on." He was a great guy in my eyes, and while I was in school and college; I lived to make him and Mom proud of me.

~~~~~~

I discovered when I was a freshman in high school that there is no other feeling in the world that compares to being on stage, playing music to a crowd of people that are really into it, hell, it's even better than sex. But I knew way before then that I wanted to play professionally. I spent countless hours practicing my playing technique as well as my ability to sight read, and when the time came to show what I'd learned at recitals; I made my parents proud every time I sat down to play.

My senior year at the University of Houston was the year that I began my journey into the world of playing music professionally. I'd been playing for seventeen years, as I began when I was only five years old. Upon graduation I was approached by a lady who, like I've already said will remain nameless, but for the purpose of telling this tale, I'll call Mia, wanted me to play in her band. As a matter of fact, not only did she want me to play in her band, but she also hired me to be her bandleader as well so; needless to say, I went on the road that summer.

~~~~~~

I met the band in Dallas, and because we had an upcoming show in the next three days at what used to be Reunion Arena, we began rehearsals no more than an hour after I arrived. The major keyboard influence in my life growing up was Rick Wakeman of "Yes", and like him; I played with ten different keyboards on stage.

This was before the age of digital technology so, that meant that I pretty much had to create the sounds as I went along, as opposed to having the luxury of being able to push a button to recall a preset, factory created sound. Man, those were the good old days, too. I mean no offense when I say this, but I think the younger generation of up and coming keyboard players this day and age don't truly realize how easy they really have it; anyway, on with the story.

The first two days of rehearsals were strictly for those of us in the band, and then Mia would come in the next afternoon to rehearse with us before the show that night. Everything went great and I got along with and was accepted by my peers, even though I was younger than they all were. Besides, these folks were all seasoned veterans in the entertainment business, and the fact that they so willingly accepted me; a novice by their standards, into their group was amazing in itself, even moreso because I would be their leader.

~~~~~~

Mia, who is eight years older than me, stood about five feet, six inches tall and weighed somewhere in the neighborhood of no more than a hundred and fifteen pounds at the most. She had long dark hair that hung way past her ass and sparkling green eyes that seemed to be able to see right through whoever she looked at. Her elfin face and full luscious lips had been known to make men of all ages drool with only one glance in her direction. In addition to that, she had a pure, resonate voice that had captured the hearts of people all over the world, and to top if off, she had a body to die for, with a pair of the most luscious tits known to mankind. However, regardless of the fact that she was very nice to look at, she was just as beautiful inside as she was outside, or so I thought at the time.

~~~~~~

After the second day of rehearsals, I got a telephone call in my hotel room after dinner that evening from Mia, asking me if I would meet her down stairs in the hotel's bar. Of course the record label had it set up with the hotel management so that only Mia and her band members were allowed in the bar for obvious reasons; and with that in mind, I made my way down there only a few moments after her phone call.

~~~~~~

"Hi, Travis," Mia smiled, as I sat down at her table, "I haven't really had the chance to talk to you since you got here and I was hoping that we could do so before rehearsals tomorrow, if you don't mind."

"I don't mind at all," I smiled, "Now I can say thank you for giving me this great opportunity."

"You're very welcome; sweetie," she giggled, "But I didn't give you anything. You earned it, and you have just as much right to be here as the rest of us."

"Wow," I chuckled, "I don't know what to say, Mia."

"You don't have to say anything, Travis," she grinned, "Just keep playing as beautifully as I've heard you do so far and you'll be just fine."

"Can I tell you something?"

"Of course," she sweetly replied, "Don't ever be afraid to tell me anything."

"That's just it," I frowned, "I am afraid"

"Afraid," she said, "Afraid of what?"

"Reunion Arena is a very big venue that seats a lot of people," I uncomfortably replied, "I've never played in front of that many people so, I guess I'm beginning to get a little nervous. I'm afraid that I'll mess up and make everyone else sound like shit."

"I wouldn't worry about it, Travis," Mia smiled, "Besides; you won't be able to see most of them anyway."

"What do you mean by that?"

"It's because of the stage lights," she smiled, "They're so bright that you can't see more than four or five rows back at the very most," and then reaching over and patting my hand, she smiled and added, "Relax sweetie, you'll do fine, I'm sure of it."

"I sure hope so."

~~~~~~

That next after afternoon proved to be the turning point in my musical career, as Mia's voice filled the huge auditorium. I knew then that this was where I was supposed to be and that what I was doing was exactly what I was supposed to be doing. Little did I realize then that I was stepping onto a road that was long, winding, and fraught full of pitfalls....?

~~~~~~

That night in the dressing rooms backstage, I was getting ready to go on stage and play with Mia in front of twenty-thousand people. My nerves were giving me mortal hell. I'd already thrown up twice and was feeling like a third wave was about to hit when I heard a knock on my door. "Come in," I said.

"Hi. Travis," Mia smiled, as she opened the door and entered my dressing room, "Are you ready, sweetie?"

"I don't know," I uneasily said, "I'm nervous as hell. Mia."

"Oh, really?" she giggled, locking the dressing room door behind her, "Well then, I've got something for you that might just take your mind off of it." And with that said, she whipped out a little brown vial of what I now know was cocaine, and taking the top off of it, she reached into it with the long nail of her little finger.

After withdrawing her finger from the vial, she took the powder that was piled atop the underside of her fingernail, and sticking it under my nose, purred, "Here, cutie, snort this up your nose and you'll feel better in no time."

I did as I was told, and shortly after I got over the stinging in my nose and the tears in my eyes, the cocaine kicked in, making me feel like I was on top of the world. I smiled brightly at Mia and said, "Hell yeah, let's rock, Mia."

"That's my boy," smiled Mia, as she unlocked and opened the dressing room door, "C'mon sweetie, it's time to shine."

And shine we did. We played to a standing room only crowd that night. I played better than I ever played before, and when the show was over with, the adrenaline in my body had long taken over where the cocaine left off.

"Hey Travis," said Mick, Mia's lead guitar player, while we were backstage, "You wanna go to a killer party, man?"

"Sure," I happily laughed, through an adrenaline and cocaine induced haze, "Lead the way, brother."

~~~~~~

I was in awe of the place the minute we walked through the door. A club down on lower Greenville Avenue had been rented out by Mia's record label in order to hold one of the most massive parties that I'd ever seen, or been a part of up to this point in my life.

The moment we walked into the club there were girls everywhere and not just regular girls either. These girls were all models and/or model hopefuls, and when I say that they were all beautiful, it barely described what I was seeing before me at the time.

Mia's band had their own reserved table and anything we wanted to eat, drink, or smoke was ours for the taking whenever we wanted. In no time at all I had not one, but two girls, a blonde and a brunette, on each side of me, cooing and purring into my ears while rubbing their bodies up against me.

"What do you think, Travis," Pete, our drummer, said from across the table, "Ain't this shit the best?"

"Hell, yeah," I stupidly cheered.

~~~~~~

When I awoke the next morning there were two bodies in bed with me, all of us naked. Needless to say it was the blonde and the brunette from the night before, and the moment my eyes came into focus, the blonde rolled over and said, "Good morning, baby. Did you have a good time last night?"

"Yeah," I grinned at the memory of the previous night, "At least what I remember of it, anyway."

Before she could say anything else, the brunette screamed, and jumping up from the bed while taking the sheet with her as she wrapped it around her body, she scanned the room with a look of fear clearly written across her face.

"Where am I," she asked panicked, "Where are my clothes?"

Suddenly finding her clothing and before anyone had a chance to reply, she gathered them from the floor and then made a mad dash into the bathroom slamming the door behind her.

"Jeez," laughed the blonde, "What's her problem?"

"I don't know," I replied, with immediate concern while climbing from the bed and throwing on a simple pair of blue jeans and a tee shirt, "But I think maybe you ought to get dressed and get out of here before she comes back out." She tried to protest, but with a silent urging from me, she did exactly as I asked.

~~~~~~

"Are you alright?" I asked the brunette, when she came out of the bathroom.

"Yeah, I guess," she nervously replied, looking around the room, "The last thing I remember was going to that party last night, and then after that it's a little hazy."

"My name is Travis Jameson," I smiled, trying to make her feel more at ease, "What's yours?"

"Hillary," she uncomfortably replied, "My name is Hillary Mason."

"It's nice to meet you, Hillary Mason," I smiled, "Would you like some breakfast, you must be hungry?"

"That would be nice," she said, "But is it alright if we go some where else to eat?"

~~~~~~

We'd taken a cab from the hotel and were sitting down to eat at a Denny's Restaurantâ„¢ somewhere near the Southern Methodist University campus. The ride over had visibly relaxed her and once I'd taken the time to get a good look at her, I saw how truly beautiful she really was. She had long dark hair that flowed just past her shoulders, with sky-blue eyes that seemed to have an unnerving effect on me, only I didn't realize it at the time. She had an olive complexion that was seemingly flawless and it was further enhanced by the angelic face that was just now beginning to let a smile or two slip in here and there. She was slender in build, very fit and in shape. And at one glance, it was very apparent that this girl had a definite quality about her that set her apart from, but damn well above the rest.

~~~~~~

"So, Miss Hillary," I smiled, as we drank our coffee, "Tell me about your self."

"Well," she shyly replied, "I'm a nursing student at SMU with a minor in music, and I'm in my sophomore year."

"So, I take you like Mia's music then?"

"Yeah, I like some of it," she admitted, "But I'm not very fond of her darker stuff."

"You said you're minoring in music," I asked, "Do you play?"

"I play piano," she quietly answered, "But I've only been playing for a couple of years, and I don't play anything like you do."

"That's only because I've been playing longer," I humbly chuckled, "I got this gig because I was in the right place at the right time."

About that time our food came, and while we ate in virtual silence, I felt certain vibes emanating from her that I couldn't read properly. For reasons that were, at the time, unknown to me, I set my fork down and reached across the table. Gently placing my hand on hers, I looked at her as sincerely as I knew how and said, "Look, Hillary, I'm really sorry about what happened last night. If I had known, I would've..."

"It wasn't your fault, Travis," she sweetly interrupted, "That's what I get for taking something before I knew what it was."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"When I got to that club last night," she began, "One of the bartenders gave me this large white tablet, which I later found out was Quaalude, and told me that it was a "Mood Enhancer". The next thing I knew, I was naked in your bed with another woman."

"I'm really sorry, Hillary," I sullenly replied, then smiled, "If it's any consolation, I don't remember what happened last night either."

Before she could reply, a pretty blonde haired girl suddenly appeared at our table and said, "Jesus Christ, Hil! Are you okay?"

Hillary smiled at her and said, "Yes, I'm fine."

"Damn, girl," she breathed in relief, "You scared the shit out of me, just taking off like that without telling me where you were going."

"Would you care to join us?" I politely asked, "There's plenty of room."

"Who are you?" spat the girl, looking at me as if I were an insect.

"Christina," Hillary scolded, "This is Travis Jameson, and he's the keyboard player in Mia's band."

"It's nice to meet you, Christina," I smiled, standing up and pulling out a chair for her.

"It's Chris," she said, embarrassed, "And it's nice to meet you, too, Mister Jameson."

"Please," I replied blushing, "It's just plain old Travis."

Chris sat down, and while she protested, I saw to it that she had breakfast as well. The three of us talked while I got to know Hillary a little better. I was a little surprised to discover that she was only four months younger than me. Still though, I found her to be not only beautiful, but very intelligent and extremely nice.

I knew that we were going to be in town for one more night before Mia and the band left so; right before we left the restaurant, I looked at Hillary and asked, "Do you have any plans for this evening?"

"I've got some studying to do this afternoon," she replied, "But I'm free after four. Why?"

"I was wondering if you might like to go out to dinner tonight." I smiled, "Chris can come, too, if you'd like."

"Are you crazy?" Chris giggled, nudging Hillary on the shoulder, "Tell him yes, girl."

"I guess so," Hillary relented smiling, "What time?"

After we agreed on a time, Hillary wrote down the address on a paper napkin and handed it to me. Because we were nearer to the SMU campus than I originally thought, Hillary and Chris walked back to their dorm and I took a cab back to the hotel.

~~~~~~

I rented a limo for the evening, and as it pulled up in front of their dorm, both Hillary and Chris were standing at the curb waiting for us.

"Good evening, ladies," I smiled, as I opened the door and invited the two of them in.

"Did you do this to impress us?" Hillary pointedly asked, referring to the limo, "Because it doesn't impress me one bit."

"No, I wasn't trying to impress anybody," I chuckled, "I figured it was a lot easier than renting a car and getting lost on the way over here."

Suddenly she began to laugh, her face lighting up like a million candles as she playfully slapped my arm and said, "Has anyone ever told you what a silly boy you are?"

"No," I grinned, "At least not until now, that is."

Once we were all in the limo, Chris directed us to a place called White Elephant Saloon, in the stockyards over in Fort Worth. On the ride over, Chris asked me several questions about Mia, as well as the music industry in general.

After the fifth or sixth question, Hillary looked at Chris and said, "Jeez, Chris! Why don't you give him a break? He is my date, after all. You're just along for the ride."

"Oh my," Chris giggled, "You awfully possessive, aren't you?"

"Shut up," Hillary smiled, as she scooted closer to me and took my arm.

~~~~~~

It didn't take us long to get a table, and when I found out that Billy Joe Shaver was playing that night, I asked to be seated near the stage. I played with Billy Joe for a summer when I was but just a teenager at the tender age of sixteen, and I thought it would be nice to be able to say "hello" to him after his show.

MoogPlayer
MoogPlayer
1,927 Followers