A New Place Ch. 02

Story Info
Rick and Ashley begin to progress.
6.1k words
4.33
36.9k
22

Part 2 of the 2 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 12/19/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The next two weeks proved to be uneventful at work. Don't get me wrong that's exactly what you want in my line of work. Do the 12.25 and get back to the house to relax. I was getting more and more settled into my own routine and getting used to this single lifestyle. Hell I did what I wanted, went where I wanted and felt no pressure to do this or do that. Sure the loneliness was hard to get used to but if I could just stay busy that didn't hover so bad. The inmates had taken notice that I was a little more at ease, they noticed everything. For the most part the guys I worked around were pretty decent. It got so that I could laugh and joke around more than I had to be serious. They liked me better that way and I liked it too.

I would go home and barely saw Ashley unless she was going out or coming in. She would go to work and then come home. She was quiet, we shared the center wall and I would barely hear her. She would get in the shower every morning around 9am. There was a since of awkwardness there for sure. I knew that she had a dick. She probably feared that I knew and avoided me, knowing that I would not accept it. I didn't know how to feel about it. She was beautiful and would fool the most critical eye for sure. I wasn't going to mistreat her though, she and I could be friendly neighbors and that was fine with me.

As the summer was winding down Ashley started going out more and coming home later at night. It appeared that she was adjusting to her new lifestyle and I enjoyed the chance to crank up my music. Tonight I was going to go hang out with a friend and get drunk. We were trying to start up a band, but only when we were drinking was the band sounding good to anyone. We were having fun though.

I got a shower and dressed up, put on mr. smell good and walked out the door. When I walked out to the truck her Dodge Neon pulled into the shared drive way. I opened my truck door and climbed in. She switched off her lights and opened her door. She looked over towards me and I said "Hey how are you?"

She replied "I am good. Hope that you are?"

"Yea I am good. Its good to see you. I'm headed out and wont be back tonight." The passenger door opened and out stepped a man. He was probably 6'0ft and a good 250lbs I was sure. Country boy type, boots, blue jeans, plaid shirt buttoned down and john deere hat on. A lot of guys had that look in this area. He nodded at me and walked around the vehicle put his arm around Ashley as they walked towards the porch. She waved me off as I closed my truck door. I cranked the truck up and cut another look at her and her date. She was laughing at whatever he had just said. They went through the door and I put the truck in reverse and backed out the driveway.

Driving on down the road I cranked up the radio and jammed to my music. Metallica's ride the Lightning was playing. A great song especially on a Friday night. My phone rang and it was my buddy. His girl friend was sick and he needed to cancel tonight's get together. It was a bummer but I understood. Shoot now I was out of the house and did not really feel like going back home. I decided to go see a movie instead. The town I lived in didn't have a theatre so I would have to travel to the next town over which was a growing area with a really popular shopping area. They built the theatre and it was always crowded on Friday nights.

I arrived at the theatre and it was sold out until 11pm. Shit, that was 2 hours from now. Opening night though I should have known. I figured I would go around the corner to where there was a popular pool hall to kill some time or see what else I could get into. I drove over, the place was called Lucky 8's. The place seemed to be jumping, old school juke box thumping. It was a good time. I parked and made my way inside. The place was smoky as older places like this were. No A/C but plenty of ceiling fans, almost your modern day saloon. I walked up to the bar and asked for a double shot of Jack. The bartender said "Tonight's a good night for you bud, all shots are half price."

"Shit man let me get another one then." He nodded and walked to the other counter and pulled 2 double size shot glasses from the cabinet. He grabbed the bottle of jack and whipped it upside down and filled both glasses. He brought them over and I gave him a $5 bill. Drinks were $4.50 but I figured if I kept giving him even money he would get more friendly. A lady walked in and made her way over to the bar. She sat down in the seat next to me.

"Hey this seat wasn't taken was it?" she asked.

"No I don't believe that it was, your more than welcome to sit there." She was a blonde, had short hair and wore a tight red dress. She was obviously trying to turn heads. She wasn't a bad looking lady.

"What are you drinking?" she asked. The Bartender walked by and she ordered a Martini. I cut my eyes at her. She was trying to be sexy with her finger in her mouth while ordering. What was wrong with me that should be a turn on to a single guy, but I was sick of women's tricks after my last relationship. She looked back over to me and asked "Well?" Like it was my fault I didn't answer her before.

"I believe that I am drinking Jack tonight."

"Oh, you're a whiskey man. Good drink for a big guy like you. What do you do, may I ask?"

"I am a prison guard. I work in a prison not too far from here." She cooed at my answer but I got the feeling that she wasn't all that interested to be honest. The bartender brought her drink. She paid him and then took a sip. She turned towards me and started stirring her drink slow. She slipped off her heels and rubbed her feet on my leg.

"How do you feel about getting out of here and having some fun big guy?" she smiled and gave me a seductive stare. She continued stirring her glass, shot me a smile and rubbing my leg with her toes. I looked down at her feet and looked back up at her. "Do you like that big guy? I can make you feel really good." She was coming on faster and more forward now.

"Is it that easy? Why do I get the feeling there is a catch?" At that Ashley and her date walked into the bar. They walked up towards the bar and she saw me so they made a path towards me and the blonde. She looked at the blonde and at me then back to the blonde. She laughed and put her hand on my shoulder. She had already been drinking, I had seen this side of her before. It was fun but she was just getting started.

"Who is this your sitting with?" She stared at the blonde, they were obviously evaluating each other. Ashley didn't approve. I had already figured out the blonde was a hooker or a whore to come on to me that fast.

"A whore." I stated nonchalantly. The blonde lost the smile and went to poor the drink in my face. I pushed her hand to the side.

"I am not a whore, you just don't know a good screw when you see it! Fuck you!" She glared at me and then stormed off. Ashley laughed and looked at me in disbelief.

"You said you would be out tonight but I didn't know you came here looking for... that." She laughed to herself. Her date seemed a little nerved that she was talking with me.

"I didn't come here for that. My friend canceled on me tonight, the movies are sold out till 11 so I came over here to chill before heading back over there. She just showed up and started trying to goad me into some illegal quid pro quo activity. " Ashley and her date laughed. "How about you two have a seat here I am soon to leave and space is limited" They took blondes old seat and the one beside it. The bartender made his way over when he noticed another set of customers.

"What will it be for you two?"

"I will have a beer and what will you have there Trent?" Ashley asked her date.

"I will have a beer too." answered Trent. I reached over to shake Trent's hand.

"I am Rick. We met earlier when you two arrived back at the house." he reached over and took my hand we shook and just like that we had met each other. Ashley smiled at my gesture. She seemed pretty comfortable compared to the last time we had spoken. "What are you two up to tonight?"

"Well we wanted to get out of the apartment for a little bit and see what is going on with some local nightlife. I didn't think I would bump into you though." she laughed. Trent started seeming annoyed again. At that I thought I would take my cue to go.

"I think I will get going and let you two enjoy your evening."

"Oh nonsense. We are hardly strangers, we had such fun at that concert that night!" She seemed excited. Trent shot a look of surprise and jealousy at that response. "I know, how about we get a pool table and shoot some pool?" Trent looked down and didn't say much. I could sense the tension in him so I shook my head.

"Nah, I should get going."

"Nonsense! I insist that we play it will be fun!" she got up and made her way over to the only empty pool table in the room. She grabbed a stick and started chalking it up. "Come on guys lets play!" Trent got up first and made his way over to her. I got up and followed over behind him. I was trying to exit in a nice way but because we were neighbors I wanted to be a little nicer than normal to other folks. Ashley set the triangle on the table and starting racking the balls. "Who is going to break?" She looked at Trent and I. Neither of us answered her. "I guess that I will then!" She removed the triangle and carried the cue ball to the other end of the table.

Trent selected a stick and began to chalk his up. Ashley lined up her shot and began to size up the cue ball. She leaned over the table. She really did have one sexy figure. Couldn't deny that at all! The bartender came around and asked us did we all want anything. I waved him off but Ashley ordered us all another round. I could really sense how unpleasant this was to Trent. She broke the balls and the game started. But who was she to play, me or Trent?

Three balls rolled in right off the bat. In the right corner pocket the 8 ball rolled in. Just like that she had won the first game. That freed me up, this was my chance to leave again. She started racking the balls up again and was laughing at her victory. "Now you two can play each other. The winner gets me the rest of the night!" She was getting buzzed. If I was interested in her I would have been hooked. Trent would have come up short.

"Ashley, I don't think that I am going to stay much longer I am going to head on to the theatre and watch my movie." The bartender showed up with the drinks. Shit another reason I couldn't skip out without being rude. She handed me my drink and gave me the puppy face. "Fine one game is all then I'm going to the movie."

"One game is all you two need. The winner gets me the rest of the night." She cut me a seductive smile. Trent looked pissed. Ashley was oblivious to his annoyance. She set the balls and lifted the triangle off the table. She leaned over the balls and let us both get a good look at her. The other guys in the bar had taken notice of her too. "Rick you break." Trent breathed in still obviously annoyed and looked at me. No objection from him verbally so it would be me who started.

I walked to the head of the table and lined up my shot. I sized up the cue ball and knocked the hell out of it. I sank the 9 ball and the 4 ball. That meant I had an open table. The solid balls were my favorite and they looked to be better shots for me. However I didn't want to win this game so I went with the striped balls. I called the 9 ball in the right side pocket, knowing that would be an impossible shot because of all the cut I would have to put on the ball. I barely took aim but didn't want to seem obvious. I struck the ball and it hit the side of the 9 and right into the pocket it went. "Fuck" I thought.

"Oh, someone is motivated!" She walked around the table looking at the both of us. Next I selected the 11 as it was another tough shot. I aim this time definitely miss. I took the shot, put a little too much power behind it and the ball never had a chance as it bounced all over the table. Trent seemed to show relief at my missed shot and sized up the table for his opportunity. "Oh tough shot, Trent show him how its done. Remember your playing for me." He smiled nervously and took his aim at the 2 ball. It was an easy shot and he made it no problem. Ashley cheered. "Great shot Trent." Trent took aim at the 6 ball, again a easy shot. Took aim, shot and banked it. Next was the 14. He took aim, shot and banked it. One by one he took aim, made the shot and banked them. All the way up to the 8 ball before making that and winning the game.

"Hell yeah!" He seemed relieved. He made his way to stick rack to replace his stick in its place. I followed and hung mine up beside his.

"Well I guess the better man won." I shook his hand and finished my beer. "With that I will seize the opportunity to leave out of here and hope you guys have a good evening." I walked up to the bar to pay my tab.

Ashley walked over to Trent. "Im glad you won but I think Rick let you win, but a deal is a deal, im yours for the rest of the night." She looked at me and winked. Good for you all I thought. I wasn't interested at all. It was 11:30, my movie had already started.

I left the bar. Ashley had acted completely normal, well like she did that night at the concert. It had been a decent evening. I couldn't drive home yet, I was buzzed. The movie had started I had overstayed. I was mad at myself. I wouldn't be doing that again. I stretched out in the truck as it appeared I would be taking a nap to sleep off my buzz some. A couple of cars pulled into the bar as it was getting busier.

I woke up at 130 in the morning. I got out and stretch my legs. I felt the buzz had worn off enough I could drive on home. I climbed back into the truck and made my home. The drive home was uneventful, highway 76 was lonely and desolate of cars that time of night, well morning. I got home around 2 and went straight in the house. Ashley's green Neon was in the driveway and a light or two was on in her side.

As I entered the house I heard hollering. Then I heard crying and the words "No, No please." That sounded like Ashley. More hollering, it was wild and couldn't tell what the person was saying. It was a man hollering and he was just getting louder. I knocked on the wall and hollered. "Hey get it under control over there! Im going to sleep, do the same!"

"Mind your fucking business!" The voice hollered back. The hollering continued only louder now. I could make him out, calling Ashley a bitch and a cunt. He threatened to fuck her up and then I heard a loud bang on the floor. It sounded like a person hitting the floor. That was it.

I went out the door and knocked on hers. No answer. I knocked harder and hollered at whoever was inside. "Open this door or on 3 I am coming in!" No answer just hollering at Ashley. I counted to 1. No answer, I hollered out "2". Still no answer. On three when I was going to kick the door it opened. Trent stood in the doorway with bloody fists. I looked over his shoulder to see a bloodied Ashley on the floor. I looked back at Trent. He was obviously mad, but had no clue the sleeping giant he had just stirred within me.

"What the fuck do you want? You want some of this too?" He glared at me. Ashley stirred. He turned around to her, " Stay down bitch I am not done with you!" With that I grabbed him and pulled him out of the house.

I threw him down on the ground. Before he could sit up I was on top of him and my right hand was coming down on his face like a hammer. He was drunk but there was a fight in him. He reached up for my throat and tried to squeeze. I activated his jugular notch with my right hand and he winced in pain. He let me go and I rolled off of him. He rose to his feet and came swinging wild. Clearly out of control I waited for my shot and after he swung I stepped to the left side and he missed wild. Leaving him self completely open to my counter attack. I aimed a well placed strike to the temple and followed up with a left knee to the ribs. He doubled over. I kicked his knee out from under him, definitely shattering it. All weight shifted to his leg and down he went, howling in pain. Ashley had made it to the door. I turned to her. "Come on we are going to the hospital." She nodded her head and made her way down the stairs. I helped her to my truck and sat her in the passenger side. I went back over to Trent. "You had better not be here when I get back you piece of shit. This is unforgivable. I will let the cops know it was you. I hope you can crawl mother fucker." He winced in pain. No response. There never was when I had to get physical.

I got into my truck and fired it up. I turned to Ashley to check on her. She was very upset. "Do you need me to call an ambulance?" She shifted back into the seat.

"No I don't want an ambulance. That would be so embarrassing." she groaned. "Wait do you think they saw anything? He was so loud before." She was very upset now, now with worry on top of what ever had fully occurred between her and Trent.

"I am honestly not very sure who saw what. Right now that should be the least of your worries. I can understand why you think it is embarrassing but you did nothing wrong. Trent did. If your sure you can make the trip I will take you now, if you have any doubt tell me and I will call the ambulance." Again she sat back in the seat. She nodded her head. She laid the seat back and closed her eyes. That was my answer. I backed up the truck, turned around and headed up the driveway.

To my right Trent was sitting up now propped up against a tree. His leg was twisted and somewhat mangled from where I had kicked it. He looked pissed off. Good he would remember this then.

As I drove I kept my attention more on Ashley than on the road. I watched her condition to make sure that she did not pass out. I didn't know how hard he had hit her so I needed to get her talking to keep her alert. "Hey Ashley, is there anyone that I need to call?"

"No." she answered quickly. Ok she was alert.

We were almost there. Probably the best thing to do was to reassure her now. "We will be there in about 5 minutes. Just try to relax. I will go in here and be with you if you would like. They are going to check you out and everything will be fine."

"Yes I would like someone to be with me. I really do not have friends anymore, so I guess your it." she attempted to smile but a smile was hard right now. I didn't know what had happened between them, I had my suspicions but nothing else.

I arrived at the hospital and drove to the emergency room entrance. I stopped at the terrace, got out and grabbed a wheel chair from the inside. Ashley had opened the door already. She seemed to want to protest my grabbing a wheel chair. However she quickly ended all thought of that once she tried to stand. I helped her into the chair and pushed her inside.

It was very early into Saturday morning now. The waiting area wasn't full of people so perhaps they weren't going to be that busy tonight. We entered through two sets of automatic doors. From there we were inside a good sized lobby but not too terribly large. To the left there were rows of seats lined along the wall, another pair of rows back to back paralleled the ones along the wall. In the left corner a t.v. was mounted to the wall, it was playing the 24 hour news channel. To the right was a security station manned by a female officer. Straight ahead the check in and information desk, my destination. On the back wall were the double doors for when the doctor took you back.

The people in there took nearly immediate notice to me pushing Ashley inside. She was a mess and they were staring. It suddenly dawned on me, there would be suspicion of me doing this. Those looks stayed on her but shifted to me as well. Ashley started crying, I knew why and I felt awful for her. The receptionist picked up the phone and by the time I had Ashley at the counter two nurses came out of the double doors. They took Ashley back right away. I gave the receptionist what information that I could. I then went to take my seat. I sat there for an hour. A couple of people came and seen. I laid back to get a little more comfortable and drifted off to sleep. I was awakened a few minutes later by 2 police officers that came. They we're here to question me.

12