A New Way of Seeing Things Pt. 02 Ch. 11

Story Info
Gwen and Natalie go to the mall.
5k words
4.69
50.8k
13

Part 38 of the 85 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 08/01/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
BusyBadger
BusyBadger
1,789 Followers

"Did you enjoy the show?"

The young apprentice froze, bent over his toolbox with his back to the person asking the question. Mrs. Nelson, Andrew thought, his brain pairing the voice with an image of her naked and spread for her also-naked husband. The first blast of fear-driven adrenaline surged through him and his cock waffled between engorging from the memory or shrinking in panic over the idea that she knew what he had been doing Friday night.

"Uhh, sorry?" He continued to stare into the collection of tools below him, stalling as he tried to come up with a way to explain his way out of this mess.

"Did you enjoy the show?" she repeated. "Didn't you go to see your brother's band?"

Andrew felt light headed as the adrenaline ran its course. "Oh, yeah, I did, thanks," he stammered as he concentrated on rummaging through his collection of wrenches. "Did you have a nice weekend?"

"Very nice. thank you." Andrew continued to intently scan his toolbox until the woman behind him decided the shy young man was not up for a conversation today and moved on to speak with Walt about his retirement paperwork. Images of a very nude and naughty Gwen Nelson were bright and clear even as his nerves calmed, images he had used to pleasure himself quite a few times over the weekend.

"Andrew!" Tim's shout brought back the panic, the young man convinced his boss had somehow caught him thinking about his wife before he was able to calm himself enough to hope that was impossible.

"Yeah, Tim?"

"You're riding with me today, buttercup. Grab your stuff and get in. We got customers waiting!"

Again the adrenaline flowed and panic surged. Andrew had been riding with Walt on a daily basis for a while now, actually doing more than a fair share of the actual work while Walt "supervised". Why the change in routine?

They were on the road a couple of minutes later, the young apprentice distraught with uncertainty. Did Tim know? Was he about to get his ass kicked and fired in one explosive burst?

"Andrew, there's something I wanna talk to you about..."

Oh shit, here it comes, the young man thought, and started looking for places alongside the road where he might be able to leap from the moving vehicle if it came down to violence.

"You probably guessed that with Walt retiring, we're gonna need another plumber so we can keep up the pace. You know Eric Andersen?" The young apprentice nodded, unable to comprehend how any of this had anything to do with jerking off while watching his bosses have sex. "We're hiring him to take Walt's place. He's gonna start next week. You're the only apprentice who knows about this so far, so I'd appreciate it if you would keep it to yourself until we tell Jordan and Mike."

"Sure Tim, yeah..." Okay, maybe I'm not about to get fired, Andrew dared hope. Still, why am I the only one who knows about the new guy?

"But even if we replace Walt with Eric, we're still getting too busy to be a three-plumber shop. So me and Gwen were talking, and what we want is for you to get off your ass and test up for your Journeyman's certificate. If you can do that, we'll add a truck and send you out doing some of the basic jobs—tear-outs, leaky faucets, the same shit you've been doing for Walt the past year." Andrew looked over at his boss, trying to wrap his head around what seemed to be an offer of promotion. "Yeah, I know how much stuff you've been doing that Walt should have been doin'," Tim said with a grin. "I know he can't get that fat ass into tight places so well any more, and his knees make it tough to get under sinks...I know he thought you were doing the jobs well enough not to make fixing them after a pain in the ass for him. Which tells me you can be doing that shit on your own if you just pass the goddamn test. Get off your ass, study—Cliff and me will help you there if you need it—take the test, and pass it. We buy a new truck, I get that one and you get the oldest, most-raggedy ass one. Deal?"

Andrew looked down at the hand being offered to him and could not understand how he could survive so many shocks in one morning without passing out or throwing up. He took the outstretched hand and shook it. "Deal."

***

Gwen waited until lunch to call Cricket, anxious to see how she was faring but not wanting to seem too anxious.

"Kristen LaPointe."

"Hi Cricket, it's Gwen. How are you?"

"Oh-hi. I'm fine, how are you?"

She sensed her call was not unwelcome, but the voice on the other end was tinged with worry. To be expected, the Lady sniffed. Leave her alone—none of your business. "Everything going okay?"

"Everything's fine—can I call you back in a minute?"

"Of course—if now is a bad time, you can call me whenever you want. I won't bother you again until I hear from you."

"You're not bothering me at all, it's good to hear a friendly voice, it's just—I'll call you in a little bit, okay?"

Told you, the Lady crowed. You're being a pesky little busybody. She doesn't want or need your help.

The Lady's pronouncement was cut short by the phone's ring.

"Hi Gwen," Cricket began. "Sorry, I just wanted to go someplace more private. Probably best for everyone not to know my business."

"That's alright! So how is everything going?"

"Well..." she began, deciding whether to continue.

"Come on Cricket, out with it."

"Daniel left some papers while he was here getting his things. He got a lawyer, Gwen! I thought we were just going to handle this between ourselves! I can't understand why he got one—we haven't got anything worth fighting over, and I figured whatever we do have we would split equally. I can't afford a lawyer! What am I going to do?"

"Cricket, let me make a call. Don't do anything until you hear back from me, understand?"

"But I—"

"I will call you back as soon as I can. In the meantime, don't do anything. Alright?"

"But—"

"I'll call you back soon—I promise."

Gwen began dialing as soon as she hung up. The line picked up on the first ring. "Curran, Stein and Associates, may I direct your call?"

"Norman Curran, please."

"Mr. Curran is not available at the moment. May I ask who's calling and I can give him a message?"

"This is Gwen Nelson."

"Oh—hello, Mrs. Nelson. I'll see if your father can be interrupted. Please hold for a moment."

The line was picked up less than a minute later. "Gwen! Nice to hear from you!" Gwen smiled at the sound of her father's voice. He had always been the more temperate counter to her mother's puritanical, autocratic ways, even if Irene Curran had always been the undisputed ruler of the family castle. And although he had always been formal with his only daughter, she was beginning to understand that it was likely because he had never known how to be any other way. Father and daughter exchanged pleasantries before Gwen got down to business.

"Listen Dad, I need a favor. I have a friend whose husband is filing for divorce. They're just starting out and don't have a lot of money, so it seems a little fishy to me that her husband got a lawyer. Think the firm can help her out?"

"Well, if she doesn't have a lot of money, she probably can't afford us. I can suggest a couple of new guys in town that work at fairly reasonable rates—"

"No, I want Joe on this. Can you have him take this one, please?"

"That's a pretty big request, Gwen. You know Joe tends to work the bigger fish for us. He's pretty busy with—"

"Too busy even after all the work Nelson Plumbing has done over the years for your firm as well as your personal residence at greatly discounted rates, not to mention finding key evidence in the waste pipe of one of your client's homes, exonerating him of all charges...please, Daddy? For me?"

"Alright, alright," Norman Curran grumbled. "I'll ask Joe to give her a call and see what the situation is...sliding scale, will that be satisfactory, councilor?"

Gwen smiled. She knew the code phrase 'sliding scale' more often than not turned into pro bono. "Very satisfactory. Thank you daddy. You're wonderful. You'll have him call her today?"

"Yes, yes, today. You would have made a great lawyer, Gwen."

"I don't think that was ever in mother's plan. Besides, your partners are not particularly fond of uppity women, especially uppity woman lawyers."

"That's not true! Need I remind you that Sylvia is a full partner?"

"Only because you saw the coming equal opportunity protests better than your partners did."

He laughed, knowing he had lost this round. "See you at Sunday dinner next week?"

"You will. Thanks again, Daddy."

Her father hung up the phone and smiled. The last time she had called him 'Daddy' was when she was seventeen and had wanted his permission to work at the stables for a year before going to college. It had made him go against his better judgement (and her mother's strident protests) then, and had made him give away valuable company billing hours today. Damn, she was good.

But he knew she was also correct. The firm would not have welcomed a woman into the partnership, even a great-granddaughter of one of the founders. No, Gwen would have been better suited marrying one of the promising young lawyers her father had in mind for her and producing the grandsons that might eventually join the firm. Still, he couldn't complain about her eventual choice for a husband. Tim was a good man, and his father-in-law was thankful for his daughter's happiness.

Gwen was dialing even as she heard the line disconnect. "Kristen LaPointe."

"Cricket, it's Gwen. You will be receiving a call from a lawyer by the name of Joe Gambini this afternoon. Joe's with Curran, Stein, and Associates, and does family law for them. Quite well. He's going to represent you."

"Gwen, that's very nice of you, but I can't afford a lawyer, especially from Curran, Stein, and Associates!"

"Oh, you know the firm?"

"I know they're very good, and they're very expensive. The bank has had some dealing with them, and I looked them up this morning after you mentioned when we were riding that your father and brother were partners there ..."

"Well, don't worry about the cost. The firm will only charge you what Joe thinks you can afford."

"Gwen, this is so nice of you, but really, I can't—"

"Of course you can. Don't try to go this alone. Let me help."

"You can't imagine how much you already have. Thank you so much." Gwen could hear the young woman sniffling.

"Nothing to thank me for. You get back to work and let me know if you don't hear from him by the end of the day, alright?"

"Alright. Thank you. I owe you so much and I have no idea how I'll ever repay you."

"You don't owe me anything. It's what friends do."

"I'm starting to understand that..."

"Call me later and let me know how it went with Joe."

***

Gwen was not surprised when Natalie called Friday morning. The weather had turned unseasonably cold and rainy the night before, and the forecast promised more of the same through Saturday afternoon. Not a day to willingly be out on horseback, Gwen forced herself to admit, although she hoped Natalie might come over anyways to—to what? both the Lady and Slut asked.

"Not a good day to be up on the hill," Natalie pronounced after the two had exchanged good mornings.

"No, I guess not."

"Wanna meet me at the mall and go clothes shopping?"

"I don't know if I should, today is Walt's last day, his retirement dinner is tomorrow night, and Eric is starting on Monday..."

"I understand. Well, we can try for next week, then..."

Gwen overrode the Lady's objections. "No! I really should get out for a bit. I'll meet you in the center court in about a half hour?"

"See you down there..."

Natalie, her bright floral sundress completely inappropriate for the weather outside, was there waiting when Gwen arrived.

"So, where to?" The tiny brunette asked after hugs were exchanged.

"Upstairs. Bon Jolie. I could use a couple of tops, and maybe a bra. You need anything?"

"Hadn't really thought about it," Gwen confessed. "This weather makes me wonder if I need another sweater or two."

"See those guys over there?" Natalie murmured as the two women approached the escalator. Gwen saw who she meant—two younger men looked about, apparently not focused on anything or anyone.

"Yes?"

"I'll bet you five bucks they get on the escalator after we do."

"Natalie, I don't gamble, and I'm sure you're—"

"Five bucks says they follow us."

Gwen rolled her eyes and sighed. "Fine, alright, but I don't get why they would."

The young men looked at anything but the two women as they passed and stepped on to the first tread. "Don't look back," Natalie cautioned through her smile, staring ahead as they rose above the ground floor. The pair reached the top and walked ahead several paces before the busty blonde stopped and turned. Gwen looked back and saw the young men just getting off, again intent on not looking at the two women in front of them.

"You can pay me later," Natalie said, smiling knowingly at one of the young men as he risked a glance.

"How did you know?" Her sister-in-law asked quietly to the back of the woman already walking away from her.

"Guys will sometimes hang around stairs hoping to get a look up a woman's dress."

Gwen glanced back and saw the two voyeurs already on their way back down. "Really? They were trying to look up your dress? You don't think they saw anything, do you?"

"Probably. Hard to say. They looked like they were far enough behind and below us to get a pretty good look."

"At least you're wearing underwear, right?"

"Technically, yes."

Natalie breezed into the upscale clothing store and made a quick pass through an area stuffed with shirts and tops, selecting several before heading on to the lingerie section. She spent some time selecting several bras, then a camisole, and she was off to the dressing rooms.

Gwen hung back as Natalie disappeared down the short hallway lined with tiny curtained booths and took a seat, not wanting to appear as though she were trying to intrude on anyone's privacy. Natalie summoned her a few moments later.

"Gwen! What do you think?" She peeked into the hallway, expecting to poke her head in the booth and give her opinion on one of the tops her sister-in-law had selected. Instead, she was brought up short by the sight of a naked Natalie standing outside her cubicle. Well, not quite naked, Gwen corrected herself. One of the bras her sister-in-law had brought in to try on seemed to be fighting a losing battle against the mounds of flesh it was meant to restrain, and her earlier assertion that she was technically wearing underwear was clearer now that a micro thong could be seen peeking out from between her legs. "Too small, huh?" She did a full turn for effect, the string of the thong hidden between the bumcheeks it ran through to make the woman appear naked from the waist down. Wonder if the young men on the escalator got the same idea, the Slut mused.

Gwen could not decide whether she meant the bra or the panties and just nodded in agreement, then nervously looking over her shoulder for anyone who might blunder into the show. Natalie reached behind her back and unhooked the straining garment, seemingly oblivious to the fact she now stood in a corridor where others might see her, breasts spilling out from their imprisonment. "Whew, better," she said, casually massaging them. "I hate it when they get strapped down like that for too long. Makes my cleavage look better in the right dress, but I swear it cuts off the circulation!"

Natalie tried on each garment in turn, taking her time while Gwen wished she would hurry and finish before some unsuspecting shopper got an eyeful. She finished with the camisole. "What do you think about this?"

The shimmering blue garment came down to just below her waist, not reaching far enough to conceal the thong below. The fabric seemed to obscenely drape over her sister-in-law's breasts, even her areolae clearly outlined.

"It's nice, but I think it's too sheer to wear out, even if you had a bra on."

"Well, duh," Natalie laughed. "It's not meant for wearing out. This and a pair of sexy undies is meant to send a message to Adam that I'm in need of a man."

Gwen blushed. Was it possible to have sexier underwear than what she already wore? "Oh, well, in that case, I'm sure it will work fine for that."

Natalie smiled and changed back into her sundress, Gwen relieved that she had put her bra back on first. "Okay, I think I know what I want. Let's see about some things for you."

"Oh, I'm fine," Gwen demurred. "I don't need anything."

Her sister-in-law smiled. "Well then, there's something I need from you. I'll forget the five bucks you owe me if you give me the bra and panties you're wearin'."

Gwen started to remind her that as she didn't gamble, she didn't owe her anything, but the Slut was first in with the reminder that in this case she had, and she did. The Lady was all for the debt being settled with a five dollar bill, but the Slut had other ideas.

"How do you know I'm wearing any?"

Natalie laughed. "The bra's kinda obvious, even under that shirt. As for the panties, I'm going to guess Gwen Nelson has not yet progressed to the point where she would willingly leave her house without underwear."

I have before, just not today, Gwen thought. The Slut recommended prompt payment. "Now? Here?"

"Yup. Yup." Natalie looked at her expectantly.

"What do you want them for?"

"I've got a fetish for undies."

Gwen dubiously eyed her sister-in-law and stepped into the vacant changing stall. It wasn't like she hadn't gone out without underwear before...and her slacks were certainly less revealing than the skirt she had worn shopping a couple of towns over. The curtain was pulled shut and Gwen began undressing. She was down to the requested bra and panties when the curtain again slid open, the sound startling her.

"How you doin' in here?"

"Fine, thank you for asking! Can you close that, please?"

"C'mon, get 'em off. Sooner you do, sooner you can get dressed and the curtain won't matter."

Gwen's eyes never left Natalie's as she worked the clasp to expose her breasts before shucking the full-back panties down her legs. Her sister-in-law smiled and stooped to take the discarded underwear and stuff them in her purse. "I like a woman who pays her debts. C'mon, get dressed and we'll go pay for my stuff and get lunch."

The women approached the escalator, both looking over the edge of the mezzanine for the young men who no longer appeared to be at the bottom. "What a shame," Natalie said quietly, "I was going to give them your panties."

Gwen nervously looked around for anyone who might have overheard. "You wouldn't dare!" she hissed in a loud whisper.

"Never can tell," her sister-in-law replied. "They're mine now, I can do whatever I want with them. Wanna bet where they'll end up?"

"No more bets," Gwen replied nervously. "Would you like to come up to the house for lunch?"

"No, thanks, probably won't have enough time to get up and back for work. How about Andy's in the Food Court?"

The Lady waffled between prodding her to get out of the public spotlight as soon as possible before her lack of underwear was discovered and dreading what might happen if Gwen and Natalie did make it the privacy of her home. Gwen reluctantly agreed that lunch at the mall was the more sensible plan.

"You should unbutton that a little more," Natalie said, pointing to her sister-in-law's blouse after they had slid into a booth near the back of the restaurant. "Might get us better service from our waiter. Too bad you don't owe me anything at the moment. "

"Yes, too bad," Gwen replied condescendingly, and launched into a complete recounting of her weekend with Cricket as a means of changing the subject.

BusyBadger
BusyBadger
1,789 Followers
12