A Peony for Your Thoughts

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"We'll be back soon!" I said. I blew her a kiss as I closed the door behind us.

**********

Feeding and watering the animals didn't take as long as finding the item Scott really came home for that Christmas day. He finally found it tucked away in the back of a dresser drawer in the master bedroom. Slipping it in his pocket, he called to Max and they headed back to Eleanor's. Martha had arrived by the time he returned and he knew as soon as he opened the door that Elly had spilled the beans to her aunt. Martha gave me a big kiss and a hug and was openly crying as she did it.

"Oh Scott, I'm so happy for both of you!" She gushed, trying to wipe her eyes.

"Thanks Martha." I said as Elly slid between us to kiss me.

"Did you miss me?" I asked.

"You know I did!" Elly told me and kissed me again. "Now, go watch a bowl game while Aunt Martha and I get dinner ready."

I didn't need to be told twice, besides I had another gift to wrap.

Bert was the next to arrive. He pulled into the drive in his old Chevy truck. To my astonishment he was clean shaven and dressed in a suit. The old boy cleaned up pretty well. He was toting a 12 pack in one hand and bag in the other. I opened the door before he could knock and let him in. Elly and Martha came out of the kitchen to see who had arrived.

"Afternoon Scott, Eleanor." He drawled. "Thanks fer havin' me. I brung some beer and some wine. Didn't' know fer sure what kind a party we was havin'."

Elly gave him a kiss on the cheek and took both from him. "That was very thoughtful Bert. I'm sure that both of them will be appreciated."

Bert looked over at Martha and his whole demeanor changed before my eyes. I literally saw him stand up straighter.

"And who might this lovely lady be?" Bert said. I swear that his country drawl all but disappeared.

"This is my Aunt Martha." Elly said. "Aunt Martha, this is our friend Bert. He runs the Farmer's Market."

"I'm pleased to meet you Bert." Martha said with a shy little smile. Bert walked up to her and took her hand in both of his. In a move reminiscent of a Hollywood leading man of old, her brought her hand up to his lips and kissed it.

"Martha, the pleasure is all mine." Bert said, still holding her hand. "May I get you a drink? Some wine perhaps?" I swear to God, Martha blushed like a schoolgirl.

"A glass of wine would be lovely." Martha said, still blushing. Bert took the paper bag back from Elly. Taking Martha's arm he led he toward the kitchen. "I brought a nice dry Chardonnay and a fruity little Pinot Noir. What sounds good to you Martha?"

"The pinot sounds delicious Bert." Martha said as they disappeared into the kitchen. I looked at Elly and she at me.

"What was that?" I asked.

"I'm not sure," Elly said, "but I have a feeling I may have to get back in there and chaperone those two."

Further comments were interrupted by a knock at the door which turned out to be Marty and Susan, the remaining couple coming for dinner. The girls kissed each other on the cheeks while Marty and I shook hands then they switched and I was suddenly getting a hug from Susan. Susan was a fiery redhead that I had known since college. In fact, I had long harbored a crush on her, even after I introduced her to my college roommate Marty and they fell in love. Maybe it was because of Elly's interest in me that I now had a heightened sexual awareness because I was sure felt Susan's nipples get hard when she hugged me.

Slightly flustered, I released Susan and turned to her husband. "Want a beer?"

"Yeah man." Marty replied. "And can we catch the second half of the A&M game?"

"It's already on." I replied. I hurried to the kitchen to grab a beer to find Martha and Bert decorating sugar cookies. He was telling her something and she was giggling. I rolled my eyes as I grabbed a couple of brews.

"Marty's here." I announced for Bert's benefit. "We're going to watch the rest of the A&M game."

"Ok Scott." Bert replied, never taking his eyes off Martha.

I returned to the living room and handed Marty a beer.

"Where's Bert?" He asked after taking a long pull off his beer. "Isn't that his truck outside?"

"Yeah, that's his. He's in the kitchen decorating cookies with Martha and acting like a lovesick teen." I said with a grin.

"Hoorah, that's the spirit!" Marty said, raising his bottle. I tried to stop him but it was too late. "Here's to Bert and getting some Christmas 'tang!" As the last word left his mouth Elly, who had walked up behind him, hit him square upside the back of his head. Smack!

"Excuse me, but that's my aunt you're talking about." Elly said, but as she said it she winked at me. "You should have said 'Here's to Martha and getting a nice Yule log for Christmas!'" Marty nearly choked on his beer as Elly headed for the kitchen. After Marty got his act together he whispered to me, "More like a mule log. I saw old Bert changing clothes on a hunting trip once. That old man is hung like a Clydesdale!"

"No shit!" I said. "Martha could be in for a surprise."

Marty and I watched the game, rooting for A&M and happy that they managed to pull out a win with time running out in regulation. We were just beginning to debate about which game to switch too when we were called to dinner.

Elly and Martha, with a bit of help from Susan and Bert, had managed to cook a magnificent meal. We ate ham and turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes and rice casserole. Desert was fresh baked pecan pie with French vanilla ice cream. We were sipping coffee and talking when I felt the moment was right. I reached into my pocket and pulled out the small wrapped gift.

In a loud voice to get everyone's attention I announced, "There seems to be one more present to unwrap." I turned to Elly. "Merry Christmas Sweetheart." I handed it to her.

She looked at it for a second before ripping off the paper. As she unwrapped it I reached back into my pocket and grabbed the other thing that was there. Removing the paper revealed an old ring box. She opened the box and inside was...a folded piece of paper.

She held it up with a confused look.

"Read it." I said. "Out loud for everyone to hear." Elly unfolded it and began to read.

"My dearest Eleanor, The last 6 months have been an awakening for me. I was able to realize that I could put the past behind me and live again. I also found my reason for living and that is you Eleanor. So I'm asking you, here in front of our friends and family, if you will be my wife. Will you marry me Eleanor?" Elly read. She stopped, the note trembling in her hands, her mouth open in shock. I moved my seat aside and knelt beside her chair on the floor. I held up my Mother's wedding ring to her and looked her straight in the eye...

"Will you marry me?" I asked. Before I knew it she had me in a bear hug and was saying, "Yes, yes, yes..." over and over again. I stood up and we kissed while our friends clapped and shouted. I managed to slip the ring over her finger and we kissed again. Then the girls pounced on her and I was left standing there with Bert and Marty and the women folk laughed and cried and began planning expensive things.

Bert clapped me on the shoulder and raised his coffee in a toast. Marty, ever the lawyer, had to get a word in.

"Scott, you make me jealous. Claire was a rare find and fine woman, but Elly is a treasure. You humble me old friend." I watched my future wife as she talked to her friends across the room and I smiled. I was truly blessed. Again.

**********

That was two years ago. How time flies.

Let me catch you up before I end this tale. Bert, that old fox, took fair Martha home with him that night, which was fine by Elly and me because we had some serious celebration sex to attend to. Martha walked funny for a few days, I guess Marty's estimation of Bert's love tackle was correct. Martha adjusted, so it seems, and they are now living together in Elly's house.

Elly and I were married in the spring at the farmers market. She decided to keep the flower business and she hired Bert and Martha to run it day to day for her. She moved in with me and as a wedding gift bought us an additional 40 acre parcel adjacent to the farm so we could expand, and she put the down payment on two large greenhouses for our farm. That took pretty much all of the rest of her inheritance, except for the house which she rented dirt cheap to Martha and Bert.

The expansion allowed me to start growing for the restaurant market and we are turning some very nice profits, especially in winter when we can provide fresh local produce grown in the greenhouses. The flower business is booming and Elly is thinking about adding two more greenhouses for flowers.

As for us, we are great. Elly has been true to her word and she has become every erotic fantasy that I could possibly imagine. She is a willing and more than able partner and we have explored every facet of loving a couple can try. Tonight, actually, we are going to go to the next step. It turns out that Susan has had a crush on me too, and Marty has quite a thing for Elly. Well, during a party in which we all drank a few too many these things were revealed... Anyway, they are coming over tonight for dinner, and wife swapping. I'll have to get back to you and let you know how that turns out!