A Pet's Rebellion Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Kristof suddenly asked aloud, to any servants within earshot, "Is Egbert about? I think I'll have some lemonade."

Egbert, the loyal butler, came into his view, and he bowed. "Of course, Master. I'll have it for you right away."

"Bring a second glass for Miss Madock."

"Yes, Master."

Miss Madock was rolling her sleeves down, making little sniffing noises.

"Are you well?" he asked her, genuinely hoping she hadn't caught a cold.

"I ... yes. I'm well." Her voice drifted away for a moment. Her fingertips swiped over the cloth around her head. Then they gently grazed the bruising around one of her eyes, and her voice returned. "Thank you."

"Hm?" Kristof's eyebrows rose. "Why are you thanking me?"

Miss Madock stared at him with that same surprised look from when he first mentioned Mr. Kalen. Then her expression changed again. She seemed to become timid, her gaze returning to her hands.

"Never mind," she said very quietly.

***