A Proper Scottish Wife Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Thors_Fist
Thors_Fist
2,589 Followers

"It's all right, James. This is the Cameron's. I invited them to tea," Teárlag said. "Please come in. I'm so glad you could accept my invitation."

Thorburn said, "Thank you for having us, Lady Mackintosh." A sentiment seconded by Ailene and Stuart.

"I told Thorburn how much I wished to come. It's so seldom that I get to spend time with another Lady," Ailene added.

Teárlag was wearing a daring yellow dress of a yellow taffeta that was almost translucent, hinting at the hills and valleys created by her breasts. Her stays, rather than covering those mounds, came to just below them, pushing them up into proud little peaks. Ailene now realized why Teárlag chose the racy Paris dress when helping her choose a pattern. It was the type of dress that she was nae afraid to wear herself.

She led them into her parlor. The housekeeper had already set out some meat, cheese, biscuits and scones. A fresh pot of tea was still steaming on the sideboard.

"Please be seated. I'll serve the tea." She nodded to the housekeeper who gave each of them an empty plate, another maid following up with the tray of assorted foods for the guests to choose from.

She poured out four cups of tea, handing one to each of her guests, then seating herself with the last cup. They talked idly of local gossip and the doings around Dervaig. The tea flowed and the food was eaten. Teárlag got up and moved about the room as they spoke, seemingly adjusting pictures, vases and the flowers within them, always remaining engaged, but moving closer to Thorburn as she talked. She put a hand on his shoulder when she was close to him, making sure to rub a breast against his shoulder as she leaned down.

"Ailene tells me that you've had problems with Lord Blackthorne."

"Well nae real problems," Thorburn said. "Nae yet anyway. He's made inquiries about buying the property and we have nae desire to sell. He dinna like the answer. We ken what happens when he's denied what he desires. We remain alert because we expect problems."

"Let's not talk about Blackthorne," Ailene said. "We will be having a Midsummer Eve feast and dance. I for one would be so happy if you could come, Teárlag. It's a welcome break from the mundane. So seldom do we get the opportunity to dress up and dance. Please say that you will come."

"My social calendar is nae that full. I would be happy to attend. Widows dinna usually get invited to much, plus I've just moved to the area. Perhaps you could save a few dances for me, Lord Cameron? I get few opportunities to dance anymore."

"Aye, I can save you a few dances if you dinna mind getting your toes stepped on, but I'm nae the dancer in the family. Stuart is fairly good, but Frang is the real dancer. The man fairly floats around a dance floor," Thorburn replied.

"Where is Frang, anyway? He's the middle son, is he not? Did he not wish to come to tea with an old widow lady?" Teárlag asked, her hand remaining on Thorburn's shoulder.

"Aye, he's the middle born. I imagine he would have come had he known, but he found himself a card game. We didn't see him before it was time to come," Thorburn answered. "He's a bit of a gambler, Frang is. It's a good thing he wins more than he loses."

Ailene said, "Well we should nae take up more of your time, Teárlag. It's a long ride to Cameron Keep. Thank you for having us for tea, and we look forward to seeing you at the dance in a month."

"Aye. Dinna be a stranger here as well. I'm home most of the time. I go to visit family in Tobermory most Sunday's, but any other day you happen to be in Dervaig, please stop by to see me."

After they left, Ailene turned to Thorburn and said, "I think Teárlag is hoping that she might be the next Lady of the Keep."

"Aye, I got that impression as well. A little brazen for my taste. She's nice enough I suppose, but I like to be the hunter instead of the hunted. Let's find Frang and get moving."

Thors_Fist
Thors_Fist
2,589 Followers
12