A Proper Scottish Wife Ch. 15

Story Info
Isobel learns she's pregnant, a wedding is planned.
6.3k words
4.66
14.2k
6

Part 15 of the 33 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 12/01/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Thors_Fist
Thors_Fist
2,557 Followers

Had a bit of a nasty cold that delayed this by about a week. I also apologize for the appalling lack of sex. However, that problem will be alleviated in the next chapter, which I expect to be filled with an abundance of sexual activity by at least two parties. Since most of the last two chapters have dealt with Isobel who is refusing to accept that sex can be right with the right person. One hopes she finds that out at some point in the future.

*****

Teárlag arrived at the Keep just after 9:00 the next morning, Thorburn rushing to meet her in the courtyard.

"I did not think you rose so early in the morning you would arrive here already," Thorburn said.

"Normally, I don't, Thorburn," Teárlag replied, "but I couldn't wait to see you and the famous Cameron Keep. It's not as big as I'd been led to believe. To hear some talk about it, ogres live here."

Thorburn laughed. "Nay, just me and my two brothers, our families and retainers. No ogres."

"Then I don't need to worry about some monster coming and ravishing me in the night?"

"Not unless you consider me to be a monster."

"If you are, that is one ravishment I'm looking forward to." She kissed him.

Ailene, hearing word of their guest, came out to greet her.

"Lady Mackintosh, I'm so glad you could come. Has this brawny fool offered you any refreshments or a chance to rest after your journey?"

"We hadn't reached that point yet, Lady Cameron. We were discussing ogres and a midnight ravishing. The topic hadn't yet turned to the mundane. And please, call me Teárlag."

"Only if you call me Ailene." She took her arm. "We have tea and other items to break your fast. The servants will take your things up to your room. Thorburn led me to believe you would be spending the night with us."

"I would be delighted to stay if it's no trouble. And something to eat sounds delicious." She turned her head towards Thorburn. "You can speak to me later about ogres and the tribulations they visit upon women in the middle of the night."

"What tribulations are those Teárlag?" Ailene asked.

"The depredations of midnight visitors I hope to receive while I'm here."

"We have some very lusty males frequenting the Keep," Ailene laughed. "I'm sure you won't be lacking company as long as you welcome their advances."

They went to the kitchen where Teárlag was offered tea, sweet breads and meat. Teárlag and Ailene were gossiping about the latest bits of news from Dervaig, laughing like loons at the outrageous comments Teárlag made about some of the juiciest bits when Muiríol came into the kitchen.

"I'm sorry to disturb you, Lady Cameron, but I've come to inform you that Lady McTavish struck Jinny, one of the seamstresses helping her sew her gown for tonight."

"Are you sure, Muiríol? That doesn't sound like Isobel at all."

"I've witnessed the marks on the Jinny's face and Lady McTavish admitted she did strike the girl."

"My God!" Ailene said. "She knows what's to happen next. I explained it to her when she arrived."

"What's the importance of this?" Teárlag asked. "I strike my servants all the time."

"We don't hold with striking servants in a fit of anger here at Cameron Keep. If anyone does something requiring punishment, the Laird decides upon the punishment and administers it or sees to it's administration."

"Even if it's a Lord or Lady striking a commoner?" Teárlag asked.

"Even then," Ailene responded. "Muiríol, please fetch Lord Cameron and Frang, please."

"Yes, Lady."

"So what happens now?" Teárlag asked.

"What would happen if anyone else were to do it, even the Laird himself. Ten swats with a paddle on their bare bum."

"You would punish a Lady for striking a servant?"

"Aye, even you were you living here. You may treat your servants as you wish, but all of ours are under the same restrictions. You would probably receive a warning and asked to leave the first time you did so if unaware of the rules, but other than that, rules apply equally to all. Tis one of the reasons our retainers are so loyal and fight so fiercely for us. They know they will be treated justly no matter the cause."

"I cannot imagine such a thing," Teárlag said. "Tis exceedingly strange."

Further conversation was interrupted by Thorburn, Frang and Stuart all coming into the kitchen inquiring why Muiríol had asked them to come speak to her.

"Isobel struck one of the servants," Ailene said.

"She was aware of the rules?" Thorburn asked.

"Aye. It was explained shortly after she arrived," Ailene replied.

"Has she offered an explanation?" Frang asked. "Has anyone spoken to her?"

"I haven't spoken to her, but Muiríol said she struck Jinny, a seamstress assisting with her dress."

"Ach, this is terrible," Frang said. "She comes from a brutal relationship. Striking her regardless the grounds only reinforces the notion she's worthless and deserving of punishment, especially if the people who saved her now punish her. Ailene, what can we do?"

"You're right," Ailene said. "This would set her back." She thought for a moment. "I suppose I could be punished too. At least she wouldn't undergo the punishment alone."

Frang said, "It's a kind offer, but insufficient as a remedy. If it's you, it remains a woman beaten by men, women brutalized by men. It can't be you. I'll do it. At least then she realizes the rules apply equally to men and women."

"No," Thorburn said. "Not you, me. Not only will the rules be shown to apply equally to men and women but from the highest to the lowest."

Frang put his hand on Thorburn's shoulder. "Thank you, brother. It would make this easier for her, I think. I appreciate your offer."

"Aye. Ailene, why don't you get Isobel and bring her down to the training grounds and ask for me. I'll arrange something. Let's go brothers. We don't have time to dawdle."

Teárlag listened in total amazement to what they planned. Rules regarding striking of servants were remarkable enough, but to hear Thorburn agree to be punished in order to make the ordeal easier for Isobel bordered on insanity. He was Lord of Cameron Keep. To contemplate doing such a thing was unheard of. Lord Blackthorne would easily kill a man before allowing himself to be struck. She followed them outside to watch what occurred.

Thorburn conducted a quick whispered conversation with one of the retainers training outside, who listened intently, nodding his head when Thorburn finished explaining. Thorburn handed him a coin glinting of silver which the retainer slipped in his sporran. They began sparring, Thorburn's head turned away from the Keep's door and his opponent apparently paying more attention to the door than the match with his Lord.

When Ailene appeared at the door with Isobel and a short, plump woman standing tamely behind, the man threw down his sword and yelled, "I'm sick of fighting you, Laird. Put me with someone I have some chance of beating."

"Pick up your sword," Thorburn said. "You'll never get any better if you insist on fighting only those you have a chance to beat."

"Nay. I won't do it. I'm sick of getting thrashed by you."

"Pick it up now!"

"I won't."

Thorburn punched to man in the face, knocking him to ground. It was a heavy blow. The man would have a nice bruise on the jaw tomorrow. Even knowing it was planned, Teárlag was shocked at the suddenness and violence of it. She could understand now why he was given a coin. The blow hadn't been faked in the slightest.

He sat up, saying, "You struck me, Lord Cameron. I'd not have expected it of thee."

"Aye, man. I don't know what came over me. Stuart!" Thorburn shouted. "I struck this man. You know what happens next." He reached down and pulled the man to his feet. "See Lady Cameron. She'll give you some salve for your bruise. Will you be witnessing my punishment?"

"Nay, Lord. I'm sure that Stuart will do his duty."

"I'm sorry. It won't happen again."

The man gingerly touched the swelling on his jaw and said, "I'll attempt not to give you cause, Lord." He walked towards the Keep asking Ailene for some salve for his bruise. She directed him to the cook in the kitchen.

"Thorburn," Ailene said. "Apparently, you're not the only one with a short temper this morning. Isobel also struck one of the seamstresses this morning."

"She knew the rules regarding striking the servants?"

"It was explained to her shortly after she arrived at the Keep, Laird."

"Is the servant present?" Thorburn asked.

"She is Laird." Ailene pushed Jinny forward and she curtsied to her Laird.

"What happened, miss?" He asked.

"I was helping her Ladyship with her gown and I stepped on the lace as we were rearranging it and tore it, Laird."

"Did you apologize to Lady McTavish?"

"I did, my Lord, and promised to fix it before tonight, but she slapped me anyway."

"Is this the way of it, Lady Mctavish?"

"It is, Lord Cameron. She does not lie."

"You know the punishment for striking a servant?"

"I do, Lord Cameron. I am prepared to accept my punishment."

"It appears I will be joining you in the strapping room. Perhaps we are all tense due to the festival tonight and wound a bit too tightly. Do you wish to witness the punishment of Lady McTavish?" Thorburn asked Jinny.

"Nay, my Lord. If I may, Laird, can I have a word?"

"What would you like to say."

"Sir, Lady McTavish is most kind and patient with us and spends time instructing us on the proper way to do things. I would ask she not be punished at this time. I've greatly appreciated all she's taught and her many kindnesses towards me. I believe her to be sorry. She's already apologized for striking me."

"I appreciate your plea for mercy. However, I cannot fail to administer punishment when deserved as Lady McTavish freely admits it is. I will, however, reduce it to half the accustomed punishment based upon your request I be merciful. Would that be satisfactory?"

"Yes, Laird Cameron. Thank you. I'm sorry I damaged your gown, Lady McTavish. I shall do my best to repair the tear." She hurried back up the stairs.

Teárlag was stunned. The whole episode was akin to a play at the Theater of the Absurd. Punishments being administered to Ladies and Lords for striking servants, the whole charade of Thorburn undergoing a punishment to make the whole episode more palatable to Lady McTavish, a servant pleading for mercy for the Lady who struck her. The entirety struck her as preposterous. Hell, husbands could beat their own wives without fear of punishment, let alone a servant. What kind of household was this?

Isobel took Lady McTavish's arm and led her toward the strapping room, Thorburn following after, with Frang and Stuart following him. Teárlag, seemingly forgotten, trailed them while everyone else went about their business. She slipped into the room into a dark corner to observe. Thorburn went to the stocks in the corner and waited for Stuart to fasten his hands and arms. Stuart raised Thorburn's kilt exposing his heavily muscled buttocks, fastening the kilt to his tunic.

"Lay them on well, Stuart," Thorburn commanded.

Stuart picked up the thick leather paddle used on Ailene in her first experience with the punishment room and addressed his brother's ass. He swung the paddle striking Thorburn with a heavy 'thwack'. Teárlag flinched when it struck him although Thorburn made no movement she could detect, standing stoically waiting for the next blow. A red mark immediately sprang up across his buns and Teárlag knew Stuart was not faking the strength of his blows. Nine more times the paddle rose and fell until his ass was a fiery red color. Stuart stopped, lowering Thorburn's kilt after he was done.

"I shall be dancing more than sitting at the festival tonight," Thorburn said, rubbing his ass gingerly after he was released from the stock. "Ailene, I leave you to administer Isobel's punishment. Five strokes only based upon the servants plea for mercy."

Thorburn turned and left the room, Stuart and Frang following him out. Thorburn winked at Teárlag standing in her dark corner as he left, but didn't say anything.

Ailene adjusted the stocks until they were set for Isobel's height.

"I'm sorry," Ailene said, "but these must be administered to your bare bottom. Would you like to remove your dress or shall I pin it up for you?"

Isobel glanced at Teárlag standing in the corner and walked to the stocks, sticking her hands and neck in the holes.

"Pin it up, please."

"As you wish."

Ailene lowered the top half of the stocks to securely fasten Isobel within the holes and raised her dress, pinning them up so her bare buttocks were exposed to them both. She picked up the paddle. Never having used it before she gave a couple swings through the air to get a feel for the weight and heft. She tapped it against her leg, lightly at first, then harder. Satisfied, she swung the paddle and it smacked firmly against the lovely ass and Isobel gave a flinch and a stifled gasp. Each succeeding stroke was accompanied by another flinch of her delectable derriere but not another sound. Isobel determined to withstand her punishment as well as Thorburn had.

When she was done, Ailene left the dress pinned up, saying, "I have some cream that will relieve the pain somewhat, if you'll let me apply it?"

"Thorburn didn't use the cream, I won't either," Isobel replied.

"Oh, I'm sure he did," Ailene replied. "It's given to all after their punishment. He just went to his room to apply it in private. Not having a woman to put it on for him, he didn't want his brother rubbing his ass."

"I would have put it on for him," Teárlag volunteered, finally speaking up from the corner.

"He may let you apply some later," Ailene laughed, "but I'm sure that would have led to other things. Things not appropriate for mixed company in the Strapping Room."

"In that case," Isobel said, "please do. My bum is on fire."

Ailene got some from the cabinet in the corner and gently smoothed it over the flaming red marks left by the paddle. Isobel sighed in relief as the cream worked it's magic.

"I can't believe he took ten strokes from Stuart without even flinching," Isobel said. "That paddle burned so badly."

Teárlag thought of the many instruments used on her buttocks by Blackthorne. The only reason she didn't have bruises and marks now was her warning to Blackthorne any bruises might be apparent to Thorburn. Some of them worse than a paddle and no soothing cream afterward; usually nothing more than a brutal fucking tormenting her already bruised flesh.

"Will it leave bruises?" Isobel asked.

"I received a hundred swats the first time the paddle was used on me and I had no bruising the following morning although it stung for hours."

"One hundred swats!" Teárlag exclaimed. "Did you kill someone?"

"Nay, although some could have died. I left the Keep without escort. I was attacked and nearly raped. Bad enough, but Thorburn had to send out small search parties for me which could have been attacked by Blackthorne's men. Even Stuart and Frang searched for me alone. I don't need to tell you how badly it might have ended if I'd been taken by him, or Stuart and Frang killed by some of his men. I likely deserved the hundred though I didn't feel so at the time." She had to be careful what she said now. "Each blow was easier on me than what Stuart or I did today, but I felt each one, believe me. Stuart helped. He encouraged me to let the pain wash over me; to go to a good place in my head and keep it in the forefront of my mind so I could take the strapping easier. I pictured my wedding night and the pleasures I received and I'm shamed to say that before it was over, I was aroused."

Much as I am now, thought Isobel, feeling Ailene's soft hands caress her inflamed flesh with the soothing cream.

Ailene finished spreading the cream and released Isobel's dress, helping her adjust it again.

"I have to ask, Isobel," Ailene asked, "what made you strike Jinny. You're usually so calm and patient. You above all people, who knows the horror of an unjust beating without reason; why did you do it?"

"I have no explanation for it. For the last few days I've been sick every morning, nauseous and unable to eat and feeling out of sorts. I attributed it to being back in McTavish's house and the tension I feel in that place, but when it happened again this morning, I acted without thinking when she tore my dress."

"You've been sick every morning? For how long?" Ailene asked.

"Since the first morning I woke up in McTavish's," Isobel answered.

"Have you thrown up?"

"One morning when I tried to force myself to eat breakfast, but it's mostly nausea which disappears around lunch. I usually skipped breakfast and fought through it."

"How long as it been since you've had your courses?"

"About seven weeks, but you can't tell me I'm pregnant. I haven't had sex with anyone since Frang won me in the card game. My courses were always irregular."

"You were thin as a rail. A woman's courses are often irregular or cease altogether if she's underfed, which you were. When's the last time McTavish had sex with you?"

Isobel stared at Ailene, suddenly scared beyond measure. "The night before the card game. He had me, then passed me on to one of the cronies he owed money to."

"Isobel, I think you're with child."

Isobel collapsed in a dead faint, saved from striking the ground by Ailene and Teárlag, both standing right beside her.

"Teárlag, get Frang and Stuart immediately. They can carry Isobel up to her room."

Teárlag hurriedly left, nearly running, her skirt held up nearly to her knees so she wouldn't trip.

******

Frang and Stuart came rushing back as soon as they heard Isobel fainted, Teárlag coming more slowly behind them.

"What's wrong?" Frang asked. "What did you do to her?"

"I didn't do anything to her. She fainted. She found out she was pregnant."

Frang stared at Ailene, stunned.

"Pregnant! When has she had sex? How can she be pregnant?" He asked.

"She was married, Frang. They had sex."

"Wouldn't she have known before now?"

Ailene explained, "The most obvious way to tell is from changes is a woman's cycle. She said her courses were irregular during her marriage, as is often the case for women who are starved. Other than that, the most obvious tell is when a woman's belly and breasts begin to swell, but she's gained weight anyway because she was getting food. Some women get morning sickness, although it's not always morning when they experience it, but usually not until six or more weeks after conception. I suspect she's about seven weeks along. She said her husband had sex with her the day before the card game, passing her off to another as well."

"God damn that rotten bastard to hell!" Frang fumed. "No wonder the poor lass fainted. Wait! The strapping. You don't think the child was injured do you?"

"We whacked her ass, not her stomach," Ailene replied, "so I doubt the child was injured, but it might explain why she was so short tempered with Jinny this morning. Feeling ill and out of sorts. We probably would have given her a pass had we known. I'm glad the maid asked Thorburn for mercy. Why don't you two louts help me get her up to her room instead of leaving her here on the floor."

"We'll not hurt the bairn if we move her, will we?" Stuart asked.

"Women are a lot stronger than that. Many women continue to work in the fields until they deliver. You can move her without damage provided you don't run her head into a wall."

Frang picked her up under her shoulders and Stuart took her legs and they carried her up the two flights of stairs to her room, laying her carefully on the bed.

"Bring a hand basin with fresh cold water and a clean cloth, Frang," Ailene ordered. "Stuart, why don't you get Thorburn. I imagine there will be much to discuss when she wakens."

Thors_Fist
Thors_Fist
2,557 Followers
12