A Proper Scottish Wife Ch. 18

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She hugged Stuart, a longer one for Ailene, and pressed hard against Thorburn for a genuinely teary goodbye.

"I look forward to our next visit, Thorburn. Try to ensure you save me at least a couple hours of your time on market day. I don't know how I shall survive the nights without you to fill them," she said, "and me," she whispered in his ear. She reluctantly disengaged from Thorburn. "It's a long trip to Tobermory, so I shall get going. Good bye and thank you again."

"Have a safe journey, Teárlag. We've all enjoyed your visit," Ailene said.

She climbed into the carriage with Thorburn's aid and called out, "Go, driver," while tapping on the wall. The Keep door was opened and she departed, heading Northeast on the Tobermory road.

"I like her, Thorburn," Stuart said. "She's a lot of fun and you seem to enjoy her company."

"Aye, I do. I freely admit she wore me out while she was here, but I miss her already. She makes me laugh." He watched her disappearing down the road.

The riders accompanying Frang, Isobel and Bjarkë were starting to bring their horses into the courtyard. Cyrus McTeague and his wife were there, having spent the night with all the others attending the wedding from Lady Luck. They would be over 40 strong when they returned, though they didn't expect trouble. No one was aware of their travel arrangements. The wedding had been unexpected. While the Midsummer Festival had been widely known, normally they would have returned yesterday. They would avoid the road again. If they were to be ambushed, it would have to be hundreds of men involved to cover all the deer trails and overland paths they might take between Cameron Keep and Lady Luck Farm.

Soon, Isobel came down with Frang carrying the larger bundles. Because they had additional packs than when they arrived, including Isobel's dresses, Thorburn gave them an additional horse to use as a pack animal. Frang began tying their things on the horse. Isobel went up to Ailene and hugged her.

"I shall miss you, sister," Isobel said. "You've been my dearest friend and confidant. I look forward to seeing you next Saturday."

"And I, you," Ailene responded. "Make sure that you keep your hand wrapped until your skin heals. You will have to tell me if your plan works."

"What plan?" Frang asked, finished with the pack horse.

"It's woman's matters, Frang," Ailene answered, "and no man's business."

Isobel and Ailene looked at each other and began laughing.

"I don't portend this bodes well, brother," Stuart said. "When women begin making secret plots between them, you can assume it won't go well for you."

"What can they have cooked up?" asked Frang.

"Does it matter? You may as well surrender now. Personal experience, you know."

Frang hugged each of his brothers, then Ailene. He helped Isobel mount her horse, then climbed aboard his own.

"Next week," Frang called out before he led them out of the Keep. They stayed on the road for only a few hundred yards before they turned off into the heath, disappearing into the brush.

******