A Reckless Affair

Story Info
John and Roberta push the envelope.
4k words
3.7
37.4k
16
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I had been looking forward to my business trip to California for some time. Setting up a new branch of our company would be very interesting in itself; the place and culture were new to me; and I would be handsomely paid for this work on a consultancy basis.

And traveling with Roberta would be the icing on the cake.

I had known her for three years. She was a senior colleague from a different office, and we had worked together on two projects. We had much in common – both from similar backgrounds, both married, both with very similar tastes in food, reading, music and travel. I found her very attractive – an elegant blonde with shoulder-length hair, grey eyes, an infectious smile and a splendid figure. We got along very well from the start and now we considered each other close friends.

The friendship had not been extended to our spouses; Roberta had met my wife only once and neither had shown an interest in meeting again; ditto for me and Roberta's husband. Roberta and I had been flirting mildly, especially on the two occasions where we had travelled together on business, but nothing more had happened. I was attracted to her but I wasn't sure she was attracted to me.

Anyway, the prospect of a week with her was very attractive. The business aspect was very promising too; I was sure that I would enjoy this trip very much.

"Good morning early bird!" Roberta's cheerful voice right behind me. I turned and there she was, in jeans and a T shirt, smiling, with her usual black flexible case and her computer bag. She put a hand on my shoulder and gave me a peck on the cheek.

I kissed her back. "Early is the word! I got up at 5 am to get here on time. At least the traffic was very light, the cab took just half an hour from home to here. How about you?"

"I got up a bit later but not much; I live closer to here than you do." We picked up our baggage and we joined one of the bag drop queues. "Have you had breakfast yet?"

"No." She shrugged. "I was looking forward to having breakfast with you."

"Me too. Let's go through bag drop and security, then we can relax. There's still plenty of time, the flight is at half past ten or so."

At half past eight on a Saturday, there were practically no queues. We dropped our bags and we walked briskly through security. On the other side, we made our way to Gordon Ramsay. Sitting at a table in a quiet corner, with our continental breakfasts in front of us, it was good to relax.

Roberta smiled happily. "I will certainly fall asleep in the plane, but for now I am all excited. This is such a great opportunity. We'll get to know a lot of interesting people, create a new working environment for us...... and get to travel to Palo Alto for a week every month. And what's more, we can more or less shape this new venture as we like."

I sipped some coffee. "Yes! That's what I really like: that we have been given such leeway..... the first time in any of our projects together."

She sipped more coffee and nodded emphatically. "It is quite a responsibility. But I is good that we have been given enough time to do everything properly... one week every month is good." She looked at me and smiled. "And we can also relax a bit. I have looked at our schedule and it isn't all back-to-back meetings. Every day we'll have some hours to recharge our batteries."

I nodded. "They want to give us time to do things well. It makes sense. Anyway, you are right.... we'll spend a quarter of our time in Palo Alto, for the next year or possibly more. That's something I am looking forward to."

"Me too. I love Palo Alto! It will be so difficult to come back here at the end of next week.... I might throw my return ticket away!"

I smiled and finished my coffee. "Your husband wouldn't be too happy if you did."

She shrugged. "He would survive." She paused briefly and smiled. "Well, of course he wouldn't like it, especially knowing that I would be there with my most attractive colleague." She stood up and picked up her computer case.

I laughed. "That's quite a compliment, coming from the most attractive woman in our firm! After this, I would be very tempted to throw away my return ticket too." I also stood up and took my case.

She looked at me and raised an eyebrow. "And I am sure that your wife wouldn't like that either!"

I laughed. "Probably not, but she would survive too." I checked my watch. "I think the gate will be open now."

............

In the plane, listening to the various announcements before take-off, I went back in my mind to our conversation over coffee. Our mild flirting had not been unusual, but Roberta's reference to her husband had surprised me a bit. Of course he would survive if she left him, everyone does, but her nonchalance in saying that seemed to indicate some coolness that I didn't see when she mentioned him on other occasions. Perhaps they were going through a cool or stormy period in their marriage. Or perhaps no: after all I had said the same about my wife, and our marriage was sailing steady, not exciting but not bad. It was probably just a throwaway line with no special meaning; not that it mattered.

I relaxed back in my seat, as the plane took off.

Roberta looked at me and smiled. "We have already had breakfast. How do you think they will space our meals?"

"I think we'll have lunch at about noon, London time, then they will let us rest until we get a light meal just before landing. That would be at about 1 pm, Pacific time, so the meal should be at 12. So.... the flight is nearly eleven hours; it should give us about eight hours of sleep between meals."

"Sounds good to me. A light lunch at noon, then landing, then we should be in Palo Alto by 3 pm or so; time to have a shower and have a walk before dinner. We'll have rested in the plane."

"Great!" Roberta smiled happily. "I can't wait. And it is great that we'll have most of the weekend for us before we start our meetings. And it is even better that we'll be back after three weeks. This year, one week a month will be like having a second life, and leaving behind our London lives!"

I laughed. "But not the work!"

"Ouch!" She frowned playfully and gave me a slap on the wrist. "Not the work, but everything else, yes! Forgotten!"

"You are lucky that your husband isn't hearing this.... and my wife too!"

She turned and gave me a kiss on the cheek. "What they don't hear doesn't hurt them.... in Palo Alto they won't exist!"

I turned and kissed her back. "Don't flirt with me. If in Palo Alto our spouses don't exist and you are single and I am single.... should I ask you out?"

Roberta smiled coyly. "Try..... and I'll think about it!"

.....and at that moment, lunch was served.

............

After lunch, we had a look at the movies, but none were worth staying awake and we decided to sleep. The seats were comfortable, we were alone in that row and we managed to pull the armrest up, so to be able to stretch sideways. After a lot of fumbling we managed to drape our blankets and to loosen our seatbelts in a way that we could stretch sideways, with the seat belts keeping us tucked against each other. We had done it already on previous trips and we managed to get quite comfortable.

I fell asleep soon, but I woke up after a while because of some mild turbulence. Roberta was still asleep; her head was on my shoulder, her blond hair against my cheek...... and she had placed a hand on my stomach, where my shirt was a bit undone and had left my skin bare.

I savoured the feeling for a bit, then turned slowly and kissed her hair lightly. She purred softly. I kissed her again, and I slowly insinuated my hand on her waist and under her blouse, caressing her bare skin very slowly. She purred again and kissed my ear. Then I drifted again to sleep.

I drifted out and into sleep again and again, and she did too, and we keep doing the same – small kisses and light caresses. It felt very intimate and also very erotic to me – I had developed a half erection and that continued throughout our rest. It was no "mile high" but the feel of Roberta's hand caressing my abdomen and edging up to my chest, and her light kisses, were very exciting. I edged my hand from her side to her back and I caressed her there, all the way up, while planting light kisses on her hair every now and then. She was not wearing a bra and that felt very erotic too, even if I just touched her back. It also felt all very relaxing.

............

We were woken up by some announcements and we had just the time to go to the toilet to refresh ourselves before a light meal was served. In no time, the plane started its descent. Roberta stretched herself and leaned with her head on my shoulder and smiled. "I feel quite rested. How about you, have you slept well?"

"Yes! Very well, I woke up a few times but only briefly, and I fell asleep quickly again."

"I did the same. I feel well awake now. What is the plan? How about checking into the hotel, having a quick shower and deciding what to do for the rest of today and tomorrow?"

"Perfect as far as I am concerned. The drive to Palo Alto won't take long."

"I can't wait...."

............

We picked up our suitcases, then the car, a red Mustang convertible, and we were soon on our way down the freeway, route 101 South. The traffic was light and it was not a long drive. Roberta dozed at first; I glanced at her and she looked beautiful in her beige trousers and blouse, with the top two buttons undone giving a glimpse of her cleavage. I let my mind wander to our flirting at the airport and in the plane, and at our exchanges of kisses and caresses during the flight. I always found her sexy, but I had never considered making a move on her, mainly because I thought she wouldn't consider an affair or a fling. Now I was not so sure. "We'll see....." I whispered to myself, as I took the exit to University Avenue.

Roberta woke up when we turned into the Westin. The valet man took care of our car and we made our way to reception. We gave our names and we were warmly greeted.

"Good afternoon, and welcome! You both have been here a few times. I am Mike."

"Nice to meet you. We have a booking for two double rooms, and I think that our company has arrange repeated bookings for one week every month, until this time next year. Can you check?"

"Yes..... that's right: one week every month. Actually, since you are returning business clients, I have a special offer that I think you will like. Instead of two double rooms, I can give you a suite for the same price. That also has two double rooms and two full bathrooms, but also a study/lounge where you can have meetings, and a large balcony. Would you like that?"

"Perfect"! Roberta clapped her hands enthusiastically. "And can we have the same suite when we come again?"

"Sure! Your company wishes to make the reservation well in advance, and you can finalise the suite now if you wish."

"Then we do" I said. "It is perfect for us, especially the meeting space if we have to meet with business people in the hotel – more private than the lobby, less formal than a dining room. Is the meeting space secluded from the bedrooms – I mean, are there doors? this would make it perfect."

"Yes. The meeting room is where you enter the suite, and the bathrooms and bedrooms are behind formal doors. The meeting area has also its own minibar and toilet. It is perfect for business meetings."

"That's decided then." Roberta was beaming. "Let's go!"

The suite was as good as Mike has promised. A large meeting room, and two large bedrooms, each with its own bathroom with a Jacuzzi. And a large balcony overlooking the swimming pool. Roberta was delighted and full of energy. "Wow! And then wow! I am SO happy to be here!"

"I am completely happy too!" I smiled at her infectious enthusiasm.

She smiled happily and gave me a peck on the cheek. "Now a quick shower, then we can plan for the rest of today and for tomorrow. ok?"

"Sure!" We went to our bedrooms to unpack; after a few minutes I heard the water running. I finished my unpacking and I went into the shower too, a cold one to wipe off the rest of the travel's tiredness. When I was ready donned the hotel's robe and slippers and made my way to the lounge; Roberta was already there on the sofa, also in her robe, with her wet hair tucked in a bath towel. She had a notepad on her knees. "Here!" She patted the sofa next to her. "Let's get planning!"

"So keen on work and so energetic after a long flight.... I envy you!" said, falling down on the sofa next to her. She put out her tongue at me. "Work? what's that? I was talking about today and tomorrow, Saturday and Sunday, holy days of rest!"

"Both holy days? What should we do – go to church services?"

She put her tongue out again. "No way! I am talking walking, shopping, sunbathing, swimming, eating, drinking, resting and enjoying each other's company."

"Now that's better. OK then.....what is the plan?"

"OK. Now we chat and rest a bit, then we have a walk in town, maybe spend some time at Borders', then go for an aperitif, then maybe a swim in the pool, then dinner, then back here for a chat and some more drinks. And to plan for tomorrow. How does that sound?" She looked at me and kicked off her slippers, tucking her feet under her robe.

"You are the perfect planner, for work and for leisure." She leant against me to put down her notepad, and I kissed lightly her hair, as I had done in the plane. She looked up. "I loved your little kisses last night.... whenever I woke up you sent me back to sleep so well......" She closed her eyes and leaned her head against my shoulder. I kissed her again in the same way. She kept her eyes closed, but turned her face towards me, opening her lips a bit. I kissed her lightly there; she responded by opening her lips more and I kissed her deeply. Her tongue teased mine and soon this was a lovers' kiss, hot and passionate. Her hands caressed my chest, and I caressed her shoulder, pushing her robe to the side and relishing the feel of her bare skin under my and.

When we can up for air, she looked into my eyes and shook her robe off, baring her breasts completely, then pushed my robe off my shoulders. I leant forward and kissed her again. She put her hands on my shoulders and slid back, pulling my body against hers.

We were again as in the plane, but now we were kissing passionately, nude body against nude body. I caressed her breasts. She moaned, and lifted a leg bending it over mine, pulling me tight against her, my cock pushing between her legs. I tried to slide down to kiss her breasts, but she had other ideas. She lifted her leg again and moved sideways, and one of her hands guided my cock into her opening. I pushed, she pulled me into her, and now we were fucking, hard. I kissed her again and I pulled her tight against me, and she crossed her legs behind me, pulling me into her all the way.

We fucked like that for perhaps two minutes, when I felt her pussy contract around me. She pulled from our kiss and looked again into my eyes, a deep look, almost scared. I locked my eyes to hers and gave a last push, and I felt my balls tighten and then explode, as she shook from her orgasm. I almost passed out.

When our orgasms subsided, I stayed inside her, and she made no movement to make me withdraw. We kissed again. She sighed and held me tight, looking into my eyes and smiling. After a few seconds in silence, I said: "That was amazing!"

She kissed me on the lips. "I'll be more specific. That was...... intense, exciting, deeply erotic, emotional, and I loved every second of it!" She looked down at the point where my penis entered her vagina. "That looks so hot, doesn't it? You inside me...."

"I love being inside you." I looked down too, and then smiled at her. "And you are right: it was all of that.... not just physical sex, emotionally intense too."

"That's we were already close friends. Sex between close friends is something else.... sex with a stranger may be hot and thrilling, but in a different way." She looked down. "I am starting to leak and don't want to do it into the hotel's new robes. How about going to have a bath in the Jacuzzi?"

"Deal!" I withdrew carefully, cupping my semi-hard cock in my hands, and Roberta stood up, cupping her opening. We went to her bathroom and she opened the taps. I looked at the toiletries and found some bubble bath gel and some salts. soon a warm, foamy bath was ready and we both stepped in. The Jacuzzi was very wide and we sat at opposite ends, our legs intertwined.

"You are right" I said, continuing our previous conversation. "Sex between close friends is so much more emotional, more intense and also has many more facets. And I think it can open the doors to a closer friendship, to greater emotional intimacy.... when bodies meet, emotional barriers come down and new links are created."

Roberta smiled and blew me a kiss. "That's very philosophical but true too. Had you ever before made love to a close friend like me?"

"No. When I was much younger I did have sex with female friends, but none was so close as you are. You?"

"Same as you. This may be why it was so intense for me!" She smiled again. "May I ask a very personal question?"

"Sure!"

"Did you.... do you..... feel guilty at all about being unfaithful to your wife?" She paused. "I didn't – about being unfaithful to my husband I mean."

I shook my head. "I haven't even thought about that. No sense of guilt.... none whatever. I am just happy and excited and all I can think of that now is you."

She looked into my eyes. "I feel the same. My husband... and your wife.... simply don't exist now."

"Had you ever been unfaithful before?" I checked myself. "I am sorry.... none of my business."

She took my hand and smiled." You see? You were right.... barriers are falling. Now that we have made love, you can ask very personal questions.... before, you wouldn't have." She leaned forward and kissed me lightly on the lips. "Yes, I had been unfaithful before. You?"

"Me too, a few times."

She blushed slightly. "I have been unfaithful a few times too. And I don't feel guilty about that either."

"No sense of guilt for me.... I enjoyed it, every time." I was getting excited, and I could see Roberta's nipples had become very hard. She followed my gaze and smiled. "Yes, thinking about my infidelities turns me on... and you too." Her foot played with my cock, now fully erect. "I want you inside me again.... but before I have to tell you something." She paused. "I am not on the pill right now, because I hadn't planned to have sex this week..... and I don't want you to use the condom because I want to give myself to you completely.... with no barriers. I can take a morning-after pill."

I moved closer to her, and she lifted her legs to allow me to make contact. I kissed her deeply, as her hand guided me inside her. When our kiss ended, I was inside her to the hilt. I started to move, slowly. I looked into her eyes. "I also want you completely, without any protection. I want all of you..... nothing held back...."

"Nothing....?" She moaned, caressing my chest.

"Nothing!" I kissed her again, then we looked into each other's eyes until our orgasms overwhelmed us.

............

We walked into Palo Alto hand in hand, without bothering with driving. It was a lovely May evening and walking was very pleasant. Roberta looked radiant, in sandals, a short skirt and a sleeveless blouse, with no bra.

"This week, and the following weeks when we'll be here...." she said "it will be so exciting, to make love and be together and to discover everything about each other." She looked at me mischievously. "We have already discovered that we are both turned on by infidelity.... and I am curious to see how far we will go with each other."

"Throwing cautiousness to the winds?" I squeezed her hand. "I have pushed the envelope in the past, so to speak, but I always had the possible fallout at the back of my mind. Here with you, now, I couldn't care less.... about my wife, your husband or our marriages."

12