A Red Leaf & Ten Orchids Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

One of his arms was against her lower back, his other arm supporting her backside. She still slipped slightly downward, and her legs instantly wrapped around Josh's ribcage. The fingers of both his hands splayed out widely, and he adjusted to the weight easily.

"AAAh!" she cried.

He could only manage one intellectual effort, and it came out as "MMMPHhh!"

They were both sweaty, and though Josh's old shirt had managed to dodge paint drops all day, it was stuck to Kayla and was soaked through. He hadn't told her how much he'd been enjoying the effect. Now, while he absolutely couldn't believe what had happened, he began to search for a way to keep her from being overcome with the embarrassment that he was sure would arrive in another second. As charitable as the effort might have been, he couldn't think of a damn thing.

Joshua's breath felt hot as he exhaled against Kayla's bosom in response to the pressure of her thighs on his ribs, and the effort to hold her up. There was no way that she could ignore the way that it felt, but she did at least realize that her fall had been stopped.

Before Kayla could even begin to get flustered, her body took over. The way that she'd stopped had been a hell of a jolt. For that matter, the way that she hung there wasn't much better, from the messages that her nerve endings were blasting to her brain. Her clitoris was mashed very uncomfortably against the inside seam of her jeans, which were in turn pressed tightly to his tensed abdomen. It throbbed to her pulse, and without consciously willing it exactly, her hips automatically rolled once hard against him as she sought for a more comfortable position.

The sensation shot through her like a red flare. She groaned as she lowered her forehead to rest on the top of his while she wondered in some amazement how this had all happened. She hung on tightly for the moment until the thrill faded and sanity returned, and with it came a great deal of embarrassment. Kayla's ears felt like they were on fire and she had no doubt that the color of her face had to be approaching that of her hair.

"Uh, Josh, help me down." she whispered.

He said something that she couldn't understand. His warm breath was a repeating thrill on her breast. He pulled back his head slightly as she looked down. She watched in fascination as his blue eyes looked up at her very slowly.

He kissed her gently through the shirt, squeezing just slightly with his lips for a less than a second, and then releasing. His eyes never left hers as he began to lower her slowly. She had no idea how he could do that, but he did.

She groaned softly as he carefully let her slide down the front of his body. Their eyes stayed locked as their faces lined up more or less with each other for a second, and neither one could read all that much from the other's hopeful but guarded look. As she descended, she swiveled her legs downward, marveling at his strength.

The moment of unintended intimacy wasn't quite past, and Kayla realized that there were parts of her which now wanted a lot more. Her breasts were definitely telling her a few things as well as she rubbed her way down the front of him. When her mound reached the bulge in his jeans, she gasped at the sensation, and he groaned softly.

Her interpretation put her at least a little at ease in the strangest way, as she recognized that his body was betraying him as well.

They stood holding each other tightly for a moment, both enjoying the closeness, but wondering how to get out of this.

Kayla was also very surprised. She'd gotten a strong impression that Josh hadn't just been taking advantage of his chance when he'd kissed her there. She sensed a lot more to it. It had been so carefully done, so deliberately and, she felt, very affectionately. She looked up into his eyes for a moment, and then she made a snap decision.

They were near the doorway to what would be a storage room. She pulled him through roughly, and out of the direct line of sight of the outside door. The room had no window and the light was off. She did her best to slam him against the doorframe in the dimness of the storeroom. It wasn't dark in there - there was light coming through the doorway behind him to filter in softly, but to Kayla, ...

It was dark enough.

As his back hit the frame, he stared at her in shock.

She pulled his head down to her and kissed him. A second later, her tongue found its way past his lips of its own volition. Kayla realized that she couldn't have prevented it to save her life. They both moaned quietly as he began to respond. Neither one knew both sides of it, but to him, Kayla's breath through her nose was warm and inviting.

To her, his exhalations felt like hot blasts from a furnace against her cheek that threatened to drive her mad. Kayla knew that she had to do something quickly while she had a shred of control left to work with.

She slowly broke the kiss and placed her head against his chest, holding herself tightly to him and listening to an incredibly strong heartbeat. His hand was wrapped halfway around the back of her head as his thumb stroked her ear. Both of them were fighting what they felt, struggling on the edges of control.

In spite of anything which might have passed in their lives until this point, neither of them had ever felt anything like this before.

At last, she said very softly. "Joshua, just listen to me. Don't speak yet and don't move. Just listen. We've got a very strange thing going on here. We're both confused, and – "

His thumb stopped and she felt his body stiffen.

He could hear the kiss-off coming from a mile away. He'd heard more than a few.

So she had not gotten what he'd wanted her to know anyway, or it wasn't mutual. At least he had to give her credit since she had the sense to back off now. Josh had been prepared for it, as he felt his own self-control and shyness returning. He never initiated anything as a rule, and he was always prepared for this inevitable moment, since it always came.

It just never came at him like a high-speed freight train.

He was never what they wanted; just what they thought they had wanted for a moment. Nobody had ever understood that he wasn't really a moment kind of guy. For some, a moment might stretch to a night if he let it, but that was about all. He'd learned a long time ago that there were women who liked the way that he looked in a private moment, but they felt a lot differently once they'd thought about actually being seen in public with him.

Finding himself strongly attracted to Kayla, and faced with a lucky break, he'd tried hard to put everything he had into kissing her nipple and risking her wrath if it came to that. He'd wanted to tell her something with one gesture.

He might have been able to pull this off if they'd known each other for a lot longer, he thought. Something like this had just been a crazy stroke of luck far too soon. Then again, he thought, it was the way that his life ran.

He wished now that it hadn't happened at all. He wished that he'd just felt the same about her as he felt about most of the women that he met.

Polite. Distant. Safe. He preferred to stay on the periphery. He thought he could live less uncomfortably there. He thought that he could remain largely unnoticed there. It bought him nothing but it was the defense that he'd developed because of his looks.

And of course, he was wrong.

He sighed, cursing himself for letting his guard down long enough to care.

He took his arms away from her as he interrupted. "Kayla it's ok, I shouldn't have done that, and I'm very sorr – "

"nnNO!" she growled, holding him even tighter, she was NOT going to let him move away,

Maybe not ever, she decided, if she heeded what her heart and body were telling her and kept her mind out of the damn equation for once. She had to make him understand this, even if she herself didn't really grasp it.

She looked up. "I wasn't finished talking. I told you not to speak. Do you need written instructions? Jesus Murphy, Joshua, just do what I tell you to for once. Now put your arms around me again, and if you can reach, at least one of your hands had better end up on my ass."

He moved to comply. "That's more like it." she said, "Much better. Now LISTEN, and don't screw this up with dumb interruptions. I don't think either one of us was ready for that. We're both confused, and it's pretty obvious that we're both needy too. Are you listening? Good. I believe our truce is still in effect, yes or no?"

Josh's inhalation was too deep for a one-word reply, so before he could speak, she tried to shake him as she hissed, "Yes or no... One word, Josh."

He exhaled, and she felt him nod and say "Yes."

She closed her eyes and rested her forehead at the spot where his collarbones came together and tried to exhale out some of the tension in her chest.

She couldn't look at him right then. Kayla needed to let him know that she'd gotten his message.

'Oh God please,' she prayed silently, 'let me get this right just this one time.'

She moved her face to the right, searching until her lips brushed his nipple through his shirt. She kissed it softly, then opened her mouth and, as gently as she could, she imitated what he'd done earlier for just a moment.

"It's alright, Josh," she whispered into his chest, "let's slow down a second, ... please don't let go. Just... hold on to me."

She looked up into those blue eyes. "I get it, alright?"

She opened her mouth slightly and kissed him there again as she looked into his eyes. Joshua sighed. He reached up and his hand on her head told her everything.

"Don't move, ok?" she breathed, "I don't know about you, but I don't ever get any moments like this. Please don't disappear."

His hand moved to her shoulder as she backed away half a step for a moment and looked at him. She knew at once that he needed to stay in contact with her. Josh was leaning back against the doorframe, his shirt still wet right through and she could see the details of his chest as though it was a topographic relief map right through the thin fabric by the weak light coming in from the side.

Her eyes noticed the ridges of his abdomen. She could easily make out his nipples on those pectoral muscles as they moved with his breathing. She could even see the lines of those three strange ridges that crossed him from left to right. Over the neck of the shirt, she could see the tendons and muscles of his throat as she watched him draw breath. She felt a quiet groan leave her own throat.

He looked as though he would have liked to be stuck with trying to decide between several choices, but they both knew that there were only two, and since he was breathing, that left only one and Kayla could see that he knew it just as she knew it in herself.

Kayla stood and wiped a little of their saliva from her lips with the back of her wrist for a moment very slowly with a tiny smile. Josh thought that the smile spoke of her hunger for him, which of course, it did. She didn't mean it as a message, but the gesture and the motion almost drove him to his knees.

She lowered her arm and shook her head at him with a slow smile.

"I swear, Joshua, I've never been kissed like that in my whole life."

She didn't know what sort of response she should have expected from him, but when he nodded with those lips open just a bit like that, ... Kayla thought that her heart could explode. He might not have been able to say it, but she knew it just the same.

He'd never been kissed like that either.

She was back in his arms in the span of a heartbeat. Kayla was pushing hard against him as they groaned into each other. For the moment, she was in total control and she couldn't believe her luck.

For the moment at least, he was hers.

Her right hand moved between them, pulling up his T-shirt. It was stuck to him and difficult to move.

She used both hands. She had to. She desired, ... no, she wanted, ...

'Fuck it,' she thought, 'I need to feel his skin or I just might die'.

Her hand slid over his chest and her nails lightly raked him there, hanging up momentarily on one of his scars

Josh inhaled sharply.

Kayla looked up, "Sorry."

"It's ok," she heard him hiss.

"Kayla, ..."

She wanted to laugh at that one word from him and the way that it had sounded. He wasn't trying to tell her anything related to a sentence. He was saying one thing to her.

She nodded with that same hungry smile that was driving him insane. "I know," she said.

He groaned as he stared down at those flaming green eyes and reached for her. In another half-second, his old T-shirt was up as high as he could get it to go on her.

Kayla laughed a little and pulled herself to him, dying to crush her breasts against him and wondering how he knew that.

Josh just knew that he had to feel her skin on his. He was amazed at how good it felt to have Kayla against him. He certainly didn't categorize himself as the kind of man who really got around, but he couldn't think that there had ever been anyone ... God, in his entire life, there hadn't been one who felt this good to hold onto.

They both knew it was near madness, and there were a whole pile of reasons not to even remain like this – not the least of which was a seven year-old girl who could come bounding in with a dog at any time.

That thought, along with the possibility of the threat that Rose could also make an entrance "just to see how things were coming along" was about all that stopped them. They just enjoyed this together by some unspoken agreement.

Laying her head back to his chest after a time, Kayla questioned her sanity as Josh kissed her ear.

'This guy isn't like anyone I've ever known,' she thought, She sighed and continued the thought. 'I actually WANT to do this, I can't believe it'.

She whispered to him, "We can't go beyond this, so I'm not going to try, understand?" He moaned softly and nodded.

"Ok, then," she began as she looked up at him and touched his face, "you don't have to do anything, just listen to me, ok? You made a promise to me yesterday, do you remember it?"

He nodded with a sigh.

"Good," she whispered. "It has nothing to do with what we're doing now, but if you meant it, please say it to me again. I need to hear it from you. If there's not enough blood getting to your brain or something, I'll step back until you think you can say it. Do I need to do that?"

Josh whispered, "Whatever you and Jilly need, if I can, I'll help you."

She sighed. "That's sounds so good, Josh. I've always been the kind of girl who doesn't need anybody, but right now, I'm finding that it's so good to hear you say that to me."

She whispered, "Joshua listen to me, Jilly and I are better than we've ever been and a lot of that is because of you in just three days. I can't believe that I'm holding a man like you in my arms right now. I keep blinking, but you're still here every time I open my eyes. I have no idea where this is going, but I do know that I want very much to just be with you. It's right across town from how I usually am, but it's how I feel and I can't help it, Josh."

She felt Joshua inhale slowly, for so long that she wondered when he would ever stop. His chest expanded with the intake. His heart slowed suddenly, and then she heard it stop.

Her eyes flew open in alarm, and then it beat again even harder almost a second later. It thudded powerfully in his chest. Each beat moved her head. She heard him sigh. One of his hands moved to caress one of her breasts.

He whispered, "No one's ever said anything like that to me. I'm not exactly used to being run over like this either."

And with that, he undid the button on her jeans and pulled the zipper down. His hand was down her pants forcing the fabric away from her to give his fingers some room. Kayla wanted to jump back, away from him, but she just couldn't. She wanted to jump back, but she needed to stay in contact with Josh at the same time.

She felt the warmth renewed down there, and her clitoris throbbed its desire again. She briefly feared his reaction when he found it. His fingers carefully went right on by, his rough palm grazing it lightly. She hissed in shock, and he froze.

"I'm sorry, it's pretty big and sensitive," she apologized.

Josh kissed the rim of her ear, and whispered, "So? I think it likes me. Just enjoy it before you come to your senses and want to kick the crap out of me for doing this." He licked her ear and she shuddered. "I just want to do this for you."

Kayla could just manage. "Mm-hmm." His fingers swirled between her labia and she whimpered softly. He slowly wet two fingers there, one after the other, and brought them up side by side to cup her clitoris against them. He pressed gently, and she got the message, leaning into them.

"Very gently, Joshua, or I'll fall down." she breathed as she rubbed her hand against the swell in his jeans.

Joshua nodded, and they traded long gentle kisses. She was trying to find his zipper, but dammit, whenever she thought that she had it, he moved his hand a little differently and she lost her train of thought for the moment.

"This is so nice." she murmured. "I wish that we could finish, you know?" asked Kayla.

"I'd love to, but we can't here. I'm very happy with this." Joshua said.

They stood for a few minutes moving slowly together in the heat, Kayla moaning softly, and both of them gasping sometimes. Finally Kayla told him that they had better stop soon, and they wound down slowly. At last they disengaged and pulled apart a little. The awkwardness didn't return.

"How's that for a creative way to throw myself at you?" she smirked a little hopefully.

"Thanks, Kayla." Josh said, "You can do that any time that you want, as long as you have my attention. 'Cause if you miss and I don't catch you..." He shook his head, not liking the thought.

It caused her to laugh a little at the comic possibility, but when it was past, Kayla put her hand on his shoulder.

"No," she said with a smile, "Thank you. I didn't intend for that to be any kind of a squish fest, but I'm sure glad that it worked out that way."

She looked at him with a mixture of playfulness and a bit of hope, "Um, can you think of a place that we might go this evening? I think

I'd really want to continue this, but I'm afraid that I have some conditions, if it's alright with you. It's going to sound silly, but I need to be sure that we won't get caught obviously, and the place has to be totally dark, pitch black. I hope you don't mind, but I feel the need to keep some things covered. If you can't see me, I'll feel a lot better."

Josh said that he was certain he'd come up with a place. He kissed her very softly for a moment. "Didn't you think that I meant what I said about helping you and Jilly?"

She nodded and kissed his throat for a moment, "I know enough about you to know that you meant it, "she said. "It's just that nobody usually helps me, and I usually don't care. I'm learning that just being stubborn isn't necessarily the best thing, and it's more complicated because I have Jilly to consider. Having my aunt's help and yours is a huge boost. I've never found that I could believe words like that, but somehow, when you said it, I knew that you were serious. That's why I needed to hear it again."

Her hand slid around him as she pulled herself closer and let her nose and mouth nuzzle under his jaw. She couldn't fathom how right it felt to her to do this. She had a sense that there hadn't been many who'd been allowed to get this close.

She wondered how she knew it. She could have spent the whole afternoon with her face here, breathing in his skin, and she had a suspicion that any others who had been with him before had missed out on this.