A Red Leaf & Ten Orchids Ch. 14

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
TaLtos6
TaLtos6
1,936 Followers

Joshua, forgive me please. I can now see for myself that you never had a chance. The three of you are absolutely lovely.

Is this some sort of tribe?"

Josh smirked as he surveyed the effect that his friend was having. They melted instantly before Jim excused himself for a moment and trotted to the loft.

He returned and presented Jillian with all of the denominations of Canadian coins, including the 2 dollar one that she already had. Jilly was thrilled and sat happily examining her new treasures. Jim explained the significance of each of the illustrations.

During the meal, Jim asked many questions about their circumstances, and Rose in particular about the ranch, its features, what she knew of its history. He asked Josh if they could drive through it afterward. When they were done, Jim walked back to the loft to grab his binoculars and GPS.

Rose turned to Josh. "Do all of you look like that? Lord almighty, how do the women ever let you out of the country? You aren't related, but you both have the same eyes, though his are kind of a steel grey to your blue. They're piercing like yours, but just as warm somehow. Does he have tattoos as well? Is he, um..."

Josh laughed. "In the order that you asked: No, we don't all look the same. Jim's just always been keen on fitness. We're a very multicultural country these days, and we come in all shapes, sizes, colors, and flavors. We're like a great big Baskin Robbins or something. Our women are just like yourselves; after a little while, they get tired of us and welcome any chance to get rid of us, just kidding.

I'm glad you're so enamored with his eyes, I can remember many times when they took up my entire field of view because I'd screwed something up beyond recognition, and I can assure you that they didn't look all that warm then. I still see them in my nightmares, and they're a lot colder, the way I'm used to seeing them.

Unless he's hiding something from me, he doesn't have any tattoos, and I've seen pretty much all of him on occasion, since in our previous occupation, there can sometimes be a lack of privacy.

Lastly, and if you love me, you'll never tell him that I told you this, but his marriage ended six years ago when we were rotated back unexpectedly, and he thought he'd surprise his wife. They'd been married twenty years and I know that he thought the sun rose and set over her.

Instead, he found that she'd chosen our deployment as the time to leave him. We were driving back together and I wondered why the door stayed open after he'd gone inside. I found him standing in their empty house with her chicken-shit note. Everybody's different in that situation, but I knew how he felt. After that, he just made his adjustment. He can be a very hard man if you don't know him, but inside, he's pure gold."

Josh walked off to change. They talked as Jim dressed and Josh showered.

"So Rose is uh, widowed. How long?"

Josh grinned at the soap in his hand. "Sam died a year ago, Jim. She's a very strong woman. I know that she misses him, but I get the feeling that she's been pretty lonely when none of us are around. Kayla and Jilly had planned to stay anyway, and she's perked up some now that she's not alone.

Can I connect some dots for you, or should I just shut my mouth now?"

Jim felt slightly foolish. "No, Joshua. You and I have always spoken our minds to one another. I'd appreciate your assessment."

"Thanks for that. I just wasn't sure that you'd want to hear it." Josh said.

"Those three, all of them, are as full of life as they appear. Each one has been kicked hard by circumstance, but with soft encouragement, they grab life by the balls and hang on for the ride.

It's a common trait that they share, maybe it's part of that wonderful gene kit that they seem to have. Rose is a widow, but she's not dead. I don't know what she'd admit to herself, but I do know that she's got what looks like something of a polite interest in you. I'm pretty sure that she likes what she sees, an-"

He paused in mid-sentence.

"And what?" Brisebois asked.

"I just had an idea."

Jim groaned. "You know, you used to have the occasional pretty good idea now and then. Lately, I'm afraid of them, your last idea being to get married suddenly."

TaLtos6
TaLtos6
1,936 Followers