A Satyr's Mate Ch. 01-02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"If you have energy for questions, you can walk. Come."

I followed Dolphus through a grove of pine trees and over a very loud brook before reaching what appeared at first to be a narrow vertical crack in a rock face. It turned out to be much wider than it looked, quickly opening up into a cavernous space completely surrounded by rock.

It took my eyes a moment to adjust to the low light, and then another few seconds to seek out the light source. Every so often, there was an opening above us, allowing the sun rays to illuminate the chambers below. The passageway narrowed again briefly before opening up to another large cavern. This one was brightest of all as there was a large opening on the opposite side, much like the enormous picture windows the richest citizens of Sibiu carved out of their dwelling walls. Unlike the ones in Sibiu, however, through this window was another wondrous view of the mountain range that was just as vast as the forest lands on the opposite side.

"I had no idea..."

"Did you not study this in school?"

I shook my head. "Not really. I mean, I knew about the mountains, I just didn't know how huge this area was." I spotted a satyr on the side of one of the adjacent peaks. "Look!"

Dolphus came to my side to see what I was pointing at. "That is Haibu."

"Do you know everyone?"

"All satyrs, yes."

"What about me? You knew my name. How is that possible when the slavers only called me Number Four?"

"Are you hungry?"

I turned from the window to protest his avoidance of my question but Dolphus was gone. "Dolphus?"

"In here, little one."

I followed his voice through a narrow crack that led to a chamber with a water hole on one side. Dolphus was crouched over it scooping water up with his cupped palms in order to drink.

"You must be thirsty, yes?"

I hadn't thought I was, until I heard the sound of water trickling from his fingers. Suddenly my throat felt like sand. I quickly plopped down along the edge and began to do the same as he was doing.

The water was freezing cold, but so clear and refreshing. I completely lost myself in the process of drinking it. I hadn't known that water could taste that good. When I finally regained my senses, I realized that Dolphus was staring at me.

"What?"

Dolphus smiled. "Do you like the water?"

I nodded. "Very much. I didn't realize how thirsty I was."

"You are hungry, too, non?"

I nodded and then frowned. "Why didn't you answer my question earlier?"

"I will answer all your questions when you are ready. You are not ready for that answer, yet."

"How do you know I'm not ready?"

"There are more pressing questions troubling your thoughts right now."

I wanted to argue with him but stopped when I realized that he was right.

"First, food. Then, answers."

My stomach grumbled in obvious agreement with his priorities. I also knew that if I didn't eat something soon, I might faint. At times the ground felt like it was spinning.

Dolphus led me to an area and sat. Around him were stores of various things, most of which I couldn't identify. He spread a sampling of food items onto the ground in front of him and motioned for me to sit. I plucked a small nut from the pile and held it up to study it.

"It is from the pine trees around us. An excellent source of protein. Try it."

I pushed it between my lips and bit down on it, checking the inside before putting the rest in my mouth. I liked the taste of it so I grabbed a few more from the pile.

Dolphus slid a broad leafy vegetable between his teeth and began to chew on it. He offered me the same but I decided to stick with the nuts. He placed a couple of small apples and a few cherries in front of me. My eyes grew wide.

"I found those at the base yesterday. I thought you might like them."

I tried to squelch the questions that arose as a result of his confession that he'd planned my arrival. He promised me that he would tell me, and for the moment I had to be satisfied with that. What other option did I have?

I grabbed the fruit and pushed myself backward until I was resting against the wall. It had been several months since I'd tasted fresh fruit. Most of the local fruit was harvested in the upcoming autumn months. Last year's crop was meager in Sibiu and had long since been exhausted.

I ate until my belly was full and almost as soon as it was, my eyelids felt like weights were attached to them. I barely recall being lifted and carried to a soft place.

When my eyes opened next, the dwelling was dimly lit.

I unfurled my long legs and stretched my limbs. Heavenly softness surrounded my bare skin awakening a stirring in me I'd not felt before. Whoa! Bare skin?

I suddenly realized that I was no longer wearing clothing. My eyes searched the immediate area, straining in the dim light.

"Did you sleep well, little one?" Dolphus appeared from the shadows as he spoke.

"Where are my clothes?"

"They are tucked away in a safe place."

"Well, I need them. I ... I can't..."

"I'm well aware of the modest upbringing you've had. You are not in Sibiu, Ashira. In the event you go back there, your clothes will be waiting for you."

"But I'll get cold without them."

"It is precisely our cooler climate that is the reason why you should not wear clothing. You will not grow accustomed to the temperatures in time for winter unless you expose your skin to the elements. Humans are animals, too, and not meant to be clothed."

I noticed then that Dolphus had removed the loincloth that had been covering his male parts. Dangling between his massive, muscular thighs, surrounded by curly fur was an appendage the likes of which I'd only ever seen once before. I quickly averted my gaze from it.

"I promised you answers but you fell asleep before I could deliver on my promise."

"Uh, yes." My eyes involuntarily flitted to his groin again for a moment before I caught myself. "I ... What are you going to do with me?"

Dolphus emitted a low chuckle. "Interesting choice of words. Yes, it is time that you know. You are to be my mate this season."

My gaze once again sought out his manhood for a quick look. "Your ...? How is that possible?"

"You can plainly see that my endowment, while larger than a Sibian male, is still very human."

Dolphus squared his hips in my direction to give me an unfettered view. I gasped and pressed the covers to my body.

"Why are you frightened? I am clearly no threat to you now."

I wasn't sure what he meant with that statement but I wanted to make one thing clear. "I'm not afraid."

"Yet you cling to your bed covers as though they are the only thing protecting you. Breeding season won't begin for another month or so. September, I believe you call it. It can last for up to eight weeks. It is the only time of year a satyr's seed is viable. Ordinarily, we have no use for sex other than to propagate our species."

I relaxed my death grip on the downy bed cover.

"Being part human, however, there is the occasional exception. For males, mostly. Other than my mother, I've never known a satyress to accept a mate outside of breeding season."

"So...only...only during those eight weeks? What will I do for the rest of the year?"

"Whatever you desire, of course, providing it fits within our culture. This is to be your home now, Ashira."

I glanced around the dwelling. It was at least four times larger than my father's homestead. I couldn't believe my luck, but then I remembered that I didn't believe in luck. There had to be a catch. "What aren't you telling me?"

Dolphus sighed. "I understand you haven't been touched. What do you know of the intercourse of men and women?"

My cheeks flushed in embarrassment. How could I explain to him that I knew less than nothing about it? I glanced down at his groin again as I tried to form the words. "I only just reached my Givea a couple of weeks ago. Do you know what that is?"

"I am familiar with the customary practice of maintaining a woman's innocence until she reaches a particular age, yes. But you have been fully mature for many seasons now. Surely you've been curious. Perhaps experimented with friends?"

I'd known some girls to do that. With each other and with Sibian boys. But I would never be included in any of that. I shook my head and lowered my chin.

"Why not?"

"I'm Baltian. No one would have me, even if that was something I wanted to do."

"You didn't want it?"

"Not with a Sibian. I find them ... repulsive."

Dolphus erupted in laughter, causing me to startle. "As do I, little one. Do you find me repulsive?"

I studied his distorted face starting with his emerald eyes. They were the exact same color as my father's. There was something in his expression and the way he looked at me that put me at ease. His directness helped. I got the impression that he wasn't going to hide anything from me. I hadn't gotten the whole truth, yet, but I knew that I would.

Working down his body I had to admire his musculature. He had almost no body fat. Every contour of every ripple was visible. It was awe inspiring. There was a gentle slope from his waist to his hip, with hair becoming increasingly more dense as the curve continued over his enormous thighs.

I bit my lip as I suddenly wasn't sure how much to confess. "I don't find you repulsive."

"Good. It's a start."

I stole a look at his manhood and could've sworn it was more prominent than before. "I have nothing to compare ... I've never really seen a man before. I mean, once, briefly. But we were very young and he was ... much smaller."

"Yes, I'm sure. Sibian males are slight. I would imagine this is to accommodate the smaller Sibian females. Such a man could never have satisfied a Baltian woman."

"I'm only half Baltian."

"Yes. Your mother was Sibian, wasn't she?"

"How do you know so much about me?"

"I inquired many seasons ago after spotting you one day. You were touring the agricultural grounds on the north side of Sibiu. You towered over your classmates and your thick, voluptuous, dark mane was the telltale sign of your father's heritage."

"How long ago was that? We toured those fields many times."

"Yes, I know. At approximately the same time of day each visit to accommodate the operating schedule of the business."

"How do you know all that?"

"I paid attention. Once I discovered the pattern, it wasn't too much trouble to trek to that side of the peak to check for you. I will show you the spot."

"How many times did you do that?"

"Daily."

"Were you spying on me?"

"I suppose you could call it that."

"Why?"

"Your uncommon beauty, of course. I could not help myself. I was drawn to it."

The air was suddenly sucked from the room. Not one person had called me beautiful before. I stared incredulously at him, unable to form a single word.

"I apologize if I've offended you. It was never my intent to harm, or even mildly alarm you in any way. I was merely captivated by you. So I began to inquire as to your background, how you came to be in Sibiu. You and your father are among a very small population of Baltians in this region."

"Yes, I know. My parents migrated here from Baltia before I was born."

"As did mine."

"Your kind lived in Baltia?"

"My father was Baltian, same as yours. My mother, a very alluring satyress."

"That's why your eyes are green, same as my father's."

"The same as yours, little one."

I felt my cheeks warm as I nodded. "You don't look like the other satyrs I've seen."

"No, I imagine not. I am more than half Baltian."

"How did your family end up here?"

"The mountainous region drew them. They had lived in Timaeus, across the narrow sea channel from the Isle of Baltia. When the tides changed, not only did the amber trade die, but the ground became too soft for my mother's hoofed feet. This rocky ground is ideal for our hooves and the higher altitude provides safety from many predators. Not all, but enough to propagate our species. Which is, as I'm sure you are aware, necessary, since our numbers have been dwindling."

"I was not aware of that. I know very little about satyrs."

"How can this be?"

"We weren't taught about your culture in school. Our studies were mostly about the history of Sibiu, the politics, and commerce. We are schooled on proper manners and the like."

"Useless topics for survival in this world."

"Yes, I am beginning to realize that."

"I must have Loomis teach you more practical things."

My thoughts wandered back to breeding season and all the experience I lacked in that area. "I've not been educated in matters related to ... reproduction."

"I was not expecting you to be experienced. I will try to break you in before the season arrives so that it is not entirely unpleasant for you."

"What do you mean? Unpleasant?"

"Yes. Well, breeding season is a very frenzied time. Hormones will drive my actions. I cannot promise I will not hurt you. It won't be my intention, but it may happen, just the same. Not just the sting associated with the first time, but the soreness from being mated many times."

I shook my head. I had been told nothing about my first time.

"I see we're going to have to dedicate some time to this topic. I will spare you the indignity of adding this subject to your daily studies with Loomis. I will teach you this."

"Who is Loomis?"

"He handles many of my affairs. I gave him today off. You'll meet him tomorrow."

"Dolphus?"

"Yes, little one."

"I need to..." I clutched my abdomen.

"Ah, yes. Outside. Come, I'll show you."

Getting out of bed meant exposing my naked flesh to him. I wasn't one bit ready to do that. "I, um, can't you just tell me where to go?"

"It is dark outside. No one will see you."

"You'll see me."

"Would it be better to wait until the full light of day tomorrow to unveil yourself to me for the first time?"

I didn't want to do it, period. But since that wasn't one of the choices, I decided to pick the lowest light possible. Sliding the covers down the bed, I swung my legs out on one side and stood up. I shivered at the cool air assaulting all parts of my body at once.

Dolphus stood frozen before me, his eyes wide and jaw slack. I covered my breasts with one arm as my other hand cupped the apex between my thighs. My body was on fire from the humiliation I felt.

Approaching me tentatively, Dolphus reached out and gripped my forearms to uncover my body parts. "You mustn't be ashamed. I am overwhelmed by how stunning you are."

I gasped at how his words heated me even more, but in an entirely different way. He grasped my hand in his and led me from the domicile out through the opening from which we first entered. I struggled to walk on the rocky ground. My sensitive feet felt every twig and pebble.

"Your feet will soon toughen. This way." He led me by the hand to a grove of bushes. "Anywhere in this area."

He stood and watched as I squatted to urinate. Had I not had to go so desperately, I might've had trouble doing it with him watching like that. I stood when I was finished and he immediately grasped my hand again. Then he peed over where I had just gone.

"You must not relieve yourself outside this area or I will not be able to locate where you've gone."

"I don't understand. Why does it matter?"

"First and foremost, for your protection. Your scent will attract predators. Mine will keep them away. Secondarily, to members of our flock, the mixing of our scents indicates that we are a pair."

I felt silly for feeling it, but I actually liked the thought of being a part of 'we'. I'd never experienced that before and it gave me a sense of belonging that I'd craved my entire existence.

I followed Dolphus back into the cave and to the watering hole. "You must be certain to drink plenty of water. At this altitude it is easy to get dehydrated."

I bent over to scoop water into my mouth. I'd never considered myself very obedient, but it was easy to follow his direction when everything he instructed me to do was for a reason and was always for my well being. "Where do you bathe?"

"There is a hot spring halfway down the peak just to our south. It will prove challenging for you to navigate the terrain at first so you'll need all your strength. I thought we'd attempt it in a couple of days time."

I couldn't argue with his reasoning. I would need the time to adjust to the thinner air. "Do any other humans live with your flock?"

"Non."

"Why not?"

"Satyrs and Sibians are not very compatible due to our vast difference in size."

A deep crease formed down the middle of Dolphus' forehead. I detected that he was holding something back. "Is that the only reason?"

Dolphus turned to face me squarely. "You read me too well already, mate. It is not the only reason." He dropped his chin and watched his own hoof pawing at the ground. "You will learn much of this through your satyr history studies. Our current leader, Aeron, maintains a very fundamental viewpoint on how to propagate our species. He believes that satyrs should breed within our kind only."

I immediately recognized where this was headed. It seemed that I wasn't going to fit into this community any better than the one I'd left. I bit my lip and held my breath, trying to hide my disappointment from Dolphus.

"Most do not share his beliefs, but they will not challenge him."

"And you will?"

"Non. I do not wish to challenge his alpha status. He has given his blessing for this mating."

"Why even do this if it causes so much trouble?"

"I believe that we can strengthen our species by interbreeding with humans. We can evolve more rapidly in ways that will enable us to dwell in more forgiving environments."

It was a totally logical reason for him to seek me out. It made a lot more sense to me than him merely spotting me from a distance and being so enthralled that he had to have me. I could hardly believe that I allowed that romantic notion to take root for a second. I knew better.

I was staring off into the distance, my mind blank. My day had been nothing short of manic and it had finally caught up with me. I was overloaded. I'd learned and experienced more in one day than the rest of my days combined.

Several silent moments passed before I sought out Dolphus' face again. His expression was a mixture of concern and sadness.

"Will you miss your home, little one?"

My thoughts were so removed from that concept that I had to really think about it for a second. I shook my head. "No."

"What has made you sad?"

I couldn't confess to him that I'd allowed myself to be weakened with silly romantic notions. I just couldn't. He would only take pity on me and I didn't think I could handle that. "I'm just overwhelmed. It's been a hectic day for me."

"Your whole life has been turned upside-down." Dolphus pulled me against his warm chest. His hands caressing my back. "It will get better, I promise. Less hectic and more routine."

My first inclination was to push him away. He'd just confessed that he was using me for my genes so there was no point in pretending that it was something more. But I simply couldn't do it. I knew that on some level, it would hurt him. Rejection hurt no matter how little you felt for the person. I knew that firsthand. I'd been rejected too many times to inflict that pain on someone else.

There was another reason, though. It didn't matter that his affections were not stemming from love. They still felt good. His warmth, the softness of his fur against my bare skin, his hot breath on my hair all made me tingle from head to toe.

I stepped closer to bury my nose in his chest hair and breathe in his woodsy scent. It was as if the pine trees lived within him. I found myself so easily lost in that smell. I couldn't get over how much I loved it. Then my eyes suddenly popped open.