A Serious Man

Story Info
Things get interesting for a serious man.
792 words
4.01
10.4k
4

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 06/07/2017
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

No sex in this portion. It builds up to a steamy scene here and there. I don't know how long this one will be. However, I WILL finish this one. Thanks for coming along for the ride.

*

A sensible man would not be looking at a ten foot tall, oaken french door in the dark waiting to get in. A sensible man would have a key. Then again, I'm not a sensible man. My name is Cale Morrison and I'm a lieutenant for the Southridge County Sheriff's Office. I'm also in charge of the Special Operations Division.

That's why I was perusing said ten foot tall door. The mission was to get in as quickly as possible to serve a no-knock search warrant. The door led to a mansion on the outskirts of town. Here it was, three-thirty in the morning and I was the lead in a line of detectives and deputies looking for evidence in a drug case. We knew the homeowner was part of a group that moved at least five eighteen-wheelers smuggling cocaine once a month into the country. That's around $300 million, folks.

Some computer investigations had revealed that he was the transport guy for a cartel out of Mexico, so we decided that we needed to pressure him for more intelligence about the cartel. A squeeze on my left shoulder let me know that the team was ready to dance. I clicked my mike button twice to let my tech expert, Kevin Linopad know we were ready.

Linopad was slender and looked like he ran marathons, but he didn't. He ran those crazy hundred mile deals. Very few people realized how smart he actually was. On paper, he was the department's head of IT. In actuality, he was a one-man cybersecurity unit who could shoot. I plucked him out of a graduate program a few years ago where he was wasting away. We were counting on his computer expertise to help get us into this mansion before anyone woke up.

We called him Lean-to for short since he always leaned and liked to camp during his runs. I could pop the door open with an explosive charge but why give them a warning? Lean-to had hooked into the security system so he was going to unlock the door from his SUV parked a mile down the road. Hopefully, the doors to this monstrosity were oiled. Otherwise....

In my hands I held a guaranteed key for the door. An explosive charge that would knock it open. I was the leader of this unit, so I would take the heat if it did too much damage. Then again, that was what my sheriff always thought about. How much damage it would make, what would the perception be, can we grab him when he's on the street...gee, glad I'm not a politician.

I was giving Lean-to another 30 seconds and then I was doing it my way.

Just as I was preparing to place the charge, I saw the door move. Knowing that Lean-to had come through, I moved towards the door. But why in the world was the door moving? My left hand shoved the charge into a thigh pocket. My right swung a suppressed .45ACP up as the doorway opened. Light poured out of the sudden opening and there a small boy stood crying. Behind him was carnage. There was blood everywhere. Somebody was not happy.

I grabbed the kid and handed him off to the guys behind me. The house still needed to be cleared, even though my gut told me the kid was the only form of life inside.

Looking at the foyer, he might have wished he was dead. There were pools of blood on the tile floor but no bodies near them. Carefully walking through the foyer, I checked for suspects in every nook and cranny. It was slow going, because I didn't want to mess up the crime scene. Suddenly, I was glad that I played hardball with my sheriff and got helmet-mounted minicams. I could record everything that I saw on both a double set of discs as well as the mainframe back at the station. I walked to the next doorway into the sitting area and immediately wished I hadn't.

I saw a body sitting in a high backed wooden chair. At least it was the remains of a body. The torso and stomach could be described as Swiss cheese. That was what happened when a shotgun gets rammed up your rear just before the trigger gets pulled. This I had seen before. Years ago in another place, with a different group of dealers, my entire family met the same fate. I thought I had dealt with those responsible.