A Simple Love Story

Story Info
An unexpected meeting of soulmates.
3.1k words
4.07
10.5k
3
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Jamie saw the young man looking lost as she walked home from another date with her boyfriend Keith, he had stood her up again and this time it was the final straw. She had phoned him and broken up with him. Surely she was worth more than Keith seeing her once or twice a month. Jamie suspected he was cheating on her but enjoyed the attention he gave her when he bothered to visit.

She asked him his name. With a big smile and a sparkle in his eye he replied,

"David Ma'am, please to meet you." and stuck out his hand to greet her. His gentle and courteous nature took her by surprise.

"Well David, I'm Jamie." she replied with a big smile.

She felt so at ease introducing herself to him, almost like she already knew him.

"Ok, Ma'am, I mean Jamie." he blushed. They both ended up giggling.

"Where are you headed David because you look lost?" she asked.

"I'm looking for my hotel Jamie, but my group left me behind, well I walked around and they left without me." the reply came, with his eyes not able to hide the sad feeling of being lost.

"What's the hotel's name David? I'm sure I can help you find it." she offered.

He turned red as he blushed as he revealed that he didn't know the name of the hotel.

"Well the plan is for the group to meet here tomorrow at 9 and have a final hour or two at the game centre." he replied.

"Oh, and you would just sleep here on the street?" she teased him.

She wished she could take the words back when she saw him lower his head as if in shame.

"Tell you what David, why don't we get you out the rain and a bit warmer then take it from there?" She could see he has not given much thought to shelter or even food.

"Thanks Jamie, but where will I go?"

"My flat is a few blocks from here, David, about ten minutes walk, if you want to go there?"

The gratitude was visible in his eyes. She took his hand to guide him across the road, and once crossed, they forgot to let go of each others hand. Jamie felt so at ease holding his hand, and she felt an overwhelming need to protect this seemingly fragile soul. They spent the 10 minute walk getting to know each other better. She was amazed at the amount of questions he kept on firing at her. He, in turn, felt so at ease in her company, unlike any other lady he had met before.

He almost forgot his usual shy nature around people of the opposite sex. For a few minutes he forgot he was lost, and felt, in fact, that he was found. Not very tall himself, he noticed through the rain that she was quite short also. Her soft grey eyes beamed with warmth and care.

"Here we are!" she proudly proclaimed as they arrived at the entrance of her apartment building.

"We are going to the 10th floor." He moved to keep the door for the lift open for her.

"Why thanks, very kind of you!", and both of them giggled again. The ride in the lift went on for what seemed forever, and she realised that they were still holding hands as he moved again to open the door.

She replied with a big smile and a simple,

"Thank you. The next door is mine. Oh and my place is not very big, but at least we can get you out the rain and dried up. What do you think?" she offered him with a smile.

"Thank you so much. I was really worried about sleeping out there tonight."

Once inside, he found her place very cosy, and she made him feel right at home. "Shew we need to get you out of those wet clothes!" she uttered, looking at him.

"Tell you what, you get washed up and dried so long, and I will get us some food? In the meanwhile I'll dry your clothes. I'm sure i can find you something to wear in the meanwhile."

"Sure Jamie! But I don't want to be any trouble for you."

"Its no trouble, besides, I could do with some company!" He looked at her friendly eyes again. He found it difficult to look away and not look at them. Always trying to be the perfect gentleman, he had to pull his eyes away in order to spare Jamie any embarrassment.

But he wanted to look deep in those eyes, and tried to think of any excuse to talk to her. When she removed the hood covering her head he was greeted by her long, soft blonde hair. This time he could not help staring. She looked like an angel. His angel. Unfortunately for him, this time she noticed he was staring.

"My hair goes crazy in the rain." she joked, but this time they both blushed. For the first time she stared into his eyes. She noticed they were green, and very friendly. She felt so at ease staring into them. She also had her difficulty looking away from the green-eyed man in front of her.

"Let me show you to the bathroom." He looked around and closed the door behind, leaving Jamie behind the first time since they met.

"You can hand me your wet clothes and I'll get them dried quickly." she offered.

"Yes Mom!" he quipped back. This made them both laugh. Unknown to each of them, they were both sitting on the floor, with their backs facing each other, and only the bathroom door separating them.

Once the laughter subsided, he got up and removed his clothes. Looking around he saw the bathroom towel and wrapped himself in it. He opened the door, somewhat apprehensively, to hand her the pile of wet clothes and taking the track suit she offered him.

"Thank you Jamie."

"Stop thanking me. I told you I enjoy your company!" As she took the pile of clothes their hands touched again. She took the hand at the bottom of the pile in hers and closed her fingers around them. She also saw that he was shivering and decided to keep holding his hand. She looked into his eyes, but she could see he was scared to return the stare.

"It's ok David. You look so cold. You must've been out there for ages."

"I was. since 4," he replied.

"Come here David." she said, and pulled him closer to her. She let the pile of clothes fall on the floor and closed her arms around the shivering figure in front of her. After a few seconds she felt his arms wrap around her and they could feel the heat being conserved by the closeness of their bodies.

Eventually they parted and Jamie put his clothes in the drier and started making pasta for them to eat. Once again David came to her and hugged her telling her how grateful he was she had spoken to him. Deep inside she realised the complete trust that he had placed in her and was reluctant to do anything to shatter it, so she patted him on the back and continued cooking while he chatted non stop.

His chatter was challenging her thoughts and she enjoyed the constant war of words. As they sat chatting she could feel his eyes on her and liked it. No one had made Jamie feel this special for a very long time and she was enjoying every fleeting moment.

Jamie's flat was a sparsely furnished bachelor apartment so after they had cleaned up and had coffee they were forced to share the only couch in the apartment. Since it was still quite chilly she got a blanket and they sat under it slowly warming up. Sitting so close to David and smelling his scent was turning Jamie on but she didn't want to do anything to hurt or scare him. They were chatting happily when she realised by his eyes closing just how exhausted he was.

"David, I only have a double bed to sleep on, will you be comfortable sleeping in the bed with me or would you prefer to sleep on the couch?"

Jamie's heart leapt when he said he was comfortable to share her bed.

Lying in the dark next to him she felt him reach out for her hand and she sensed he needed to be nearer her so she pulled him into her embrace. She felt his body relax as they lay there. This was much harder than she thought but she didn't want to disturb him by moving. Jamie lay there all night in wonder that a chance meeting with David had awoken such intense feelings in such a short time especially after the scene with on the phone with Keith earlier in the evening.

She felt him stir and noticed the clock said 5am, he rubbed his nose against her neck in waking and once again she was surprised at how quickly her body was responding to this him. For a moment he looked surprised to find himself in bed with a woman then the events of the previous few hours came back to him and he smiled at her and said,

"Good morning Jamie, I hope you slept as well as I did."

Jamie couldn't help but smile at the cheeky look on his face.

Jamie excused herself to go to the bathroom and when she came back he insisted she get back into bed so he could bring her coffee. David went padding into the bathroom and Jamie from her horizontal position noticed just how nice his legs are so she whistled. She was still giggling when he came out the bathroom so instead of heading into the kitchen area, he approached her and sat on the edge of the bed.

"I'd like another hug please," he said and Jamie opened her arms to him and there they lay, entwined and feeling that for the first time in their lives they were at home.

Over coffee David told her all about his life back in Port Elizabeth and his plans for when he finished his education. David whispered that he wanted to stay with her but Jamie knew she had to let him go back to his family and continue the education course he had set out for himself.

Jamie eventually asked him if he wanted to continue being pen pals and David quickly answered,

"Yes, of course."

They spent the next while planning letters, phone calls and even Jamie's trip to his home town in December. All too soon it was time to shower and leave for David to meet up with his group which was filling them both with dread. They decided to write every day and post the letter once a week. Jamie would phone him every Wednesday so they could be in constant contact. Jamie knew her feelings for him was going well beyond friendship but she had to let him live his life until they were certain what they felt was real. They said their goodbyes in the privacy of her apartment and David kissed her fleetingly on her lips.

Back out in the street people were going about their normal early morning bustle but for David and Jamie time was standing still. Within minutes of their arrival at the game centre David's group arrived and he was surrounded by his friends who were planning to phone the police to report him missing when they saw him. Quietly, Jamie slipped away into the crowd and felt the hot tears pouring down her face as she wondered if, when she saw him again they would be able to pick up their friendship where they left off. December seemed years away even though it was only six months.

The next few months passed with both David and Jamie sharing every thought and dream. The highlight of the week was her phone call to him and she listened so carefully for any sign that she was disturbing him in any way but David seemed just as eager to speak to her as she was to him.

Jamie's social life was by this point almost non existent since she was turning all her friends down when they wanted to go out. She only wanted to talk to David and be with him. Realising that she couldn't possibly know if he felt the same way she knew she had to resume some form or normality. She was taking a huge risk going to a strange town to visit a man she had met once, not knowing if it was even going to be possible for them to meet but David assured her he would make a plan to get to her hotel when she arrived. He asked her to phone him when she arrived at the airport and he would immediately leave home and get to her.

Jamie's best friend Jenny arranged a blind date and she reluctantly went. Brian was so completely boring and self absorbed that she excused herself and headed home as she realised what she felt for David was more than just friendship. She spent the next few weeks keeping this to herself since she still was unsure if he just saw her as an older friend or if he possibly had any feelings for her.

Every Wednesday David sensed her unease and would ask her,

"What's wrong?" and her response of, nothing, just didn't ring true to him.

Eventually the day arrived for her flight to Port Elizabeth and Jenny arrived to drive her to the airport. Jenny asked again for the umpteenth time,

"Are you sure you're going to be ok in a city you don't know?"

Jamie hadn't told Jenny her real reason for her trip since no one could possibly understand these emotions when she didn't really understand them herself. Her nerves were in tatters by the time the flight landed in Port Elizabeth airport. She waited to fetch her baggage then headed to the pay phone to call David.

Armed with a map and a rental car she eventually found the Holiday Inn on the beach front and quickly checked in, unpacked and sat waiting for him to arrive. Sure enough within the hour there was a knock on her door. As she opened the door they both stood there smiling shyly at each other before Jamie opened the door further and asked him to come inside. Once inside she opened her arms and David came over and cuddled into her. He had grown a little over the six months and it felt a little different being near him from what it was before.

David loved the feel of Jamie's lips on his. He loved the taste of her tongue in his mouth, exploring his mouth. He loved how smooth it felt. David could hear Jamie's heavy breathing. He could hear her whimper. He wrapped his arms around her and enjoyed the feeling of her soft body against him. He could feel her pulling him even closer into her bosom, as it she wanted to protect him.

He wrapped his arms around the back of her head, and pulled her mouth closer to his. His tongue explored the inside of her mouth, and he could feel his tongue pressing against hers. He had never felt intimacy like this before. Soon Jamie felt the excitement reaching a level that made it difficult for her to stand upright and even just get enough air in her lungs...

As they lay there in awe at what had just happened between them, Jamie was filled with sadness that after the two weeks she would have to leave him behind.

She heard David whispering,

"I love you Jamie."

Jamie burst into tears because she had known her feelings for him were something special and she wasn't sure how he felt about her.

"What's wrong, my love?" he asked her softly.

"I've known for the last few months how I've felt about you but I couldn't be certain you felt the same." she said through her tears.

David suggested they have a bath together then go for a walk. Bathing was not Jamie's favourite thing, she preferred showering but she agreed and to her surprise bathing with him felt the most natural thing in the world. In fact, everything with him felt natural and easy.

Two weeks of bliss flew past so quickly with both of them realising they were in love and wanted to be together, but with Jamie stuck in her job for another year they could do nothing. Jamie's leave was now used up so she wouldn't be able to come back to visit him for a while.

Jamie didn't want to know what excuses David was giving to his family for being away from home so much. She was sure his family weren't too happy with him being away from home as often as he had been the past two weeks.

They made a decision that Jamie was going to put in for a transfer to the Port Elizabeth branch of her company and she was going to move there as soon as possible so she phoned her boss and was surprised to hear that they had an opening coming up within the next two months. She went into the new office and was accepted immediately. The next two days were spent flat hunting. That sorted and a deposit paid there was nothing left to do but go home and pack. Leaving her friends was going to be hard but she couldn't lose David. Parting from him was so difficult but they had survived six months already, one month was going to be easier.

Jenny was both horrified and excited for Jamie as well as being sad to lose her friend. The past six months made sense to her and why Jamie wasn't interested in any of the guys she had tried to set her up with. Jamie had arranged for a removal company to transport her furniture and Jenny insisted on driving to Port Elizabeth with her and to fly home the following week.

Jamie and Jenny soon unpacked and had the flat looking tidy. They heard a knock at the door and to Jamie's surprise David was standing there with a huge grin. She flew into his arms only to hear Jenny clear her throat,

"You must be the David I've heard about non stop for the last two months." she said smiling.

"Yes I'm David and so happy to finally meet you Jenny, thank you for driving with Jamie I was worried about her making the trip alone."

"I hope you're gonna look after my friend here in PE". Jenny blurted to Jamie's embarrassment.

"Oh I fully intend to do that, and if Jamie will let me I want to live here with her."

Jamie gasped with surprise and whispered,

"Yes of course."