A Small Indiscretion Ch. 04

Story Info
A small indiscretion... and decisions to be taken.
6.2k words
4.16
40k
6

Part 4 of the 6 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 03/29/2015
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Many thanks to Greowulf for his wonderful editing.

*****

A few blocks away Dave also twisted and turned in his bed. The strenuous schedule at the office coupled with his family problems were taking its toll.

Sleep, especially a good sound sleep, was becoming a rare commodity. Most of the previous week had been spent at the Orbit Mall site. He was meticulously executing the construction, keeping a close tab on everything, leaving nothing to chance. Paula had been more than satisfied with his management of the things at the Orbit Mall site. She did give her value additions but by and large she was happy with the way the work was progressing. With her pernickety nature that was no mean achievement.

But most of all he was happy with the way the meeting with his wife had gone out. It had felt nice to be back home, the house had felt warm and cosy. They had watched TV together, ran errands, cooked, and talked about everything, about the kids, and work, and friends. He had never ever felt so relaxed. The stress of the Orbit Mall had just receded back in his memory.

Finally Dave rolled off his bed. He looked at his alarm clock. It was almost five in the morning. It was time for his morning jog and then an hour at the gym. He had promised to bring himself back into shape. He had already gone off hard liquor; just an occasional beer was all that he allowed himself to indulge in. He looked at his watch and nodded to himself. By noon he would be leaving for the work site. There was really no weekend for him till the Orbit Mall was completed.

True to his word, Dave was at his office early in the morning. He had no sooner settled down than there was a knock on his door and Yvonne stepped in.

"Hi Dave. I was planning to be the first, but it seems you beat me to it," she said with a radiant smile.

"Right and the loser pays for the lunch," said Dave in an affectionate voice as he admiringly watched his latest assistant walk briskly towards him in her low, hip hugging faded jeans and a top that never quite seemed able to bridge that bare skin distance from somewhere below her navel to the form hugging jeans. The younger generation had its very own sense of fashion and he for one wasn't going to complain.

As he looked on at her smiling face, her brown eyes shining with life, dark hair falling over her shoulders, her young breasts bouncing lively in tune to her swift steps, he could not stop himself from comparing her with her cousin Cyndi. The two were so much alike. Yvonne seemed like a younger clone of Cyndi, and not just in physical attributes. She was equally bright in her work too, just like her cousin.

Cyndi had pleaded with him to take her under his wings. Initially he had been reluctant, not sure if he could spare enough time from his tight schedule to give that little extra time to groom a young trainee. But he was surprised to learn how wrong he had been. She had picked up well enough that she was confident of going over the reports with Dave without Cyndi's support today.

"So what are you gonna show me first," he asked as he poured out a cup of coffee for her.

"Whatever my boss asks for," she replied mischievously. At the same time, she leaned forward to adjust her laptop setting enabling Dave to get a good glimpse of her breasts.

Dave swallowed hard as he somehow managed to prise his eyes away. He felt himself go red at that double meaning remark. His manhood had also locked on to that remark and he could feel his erection forming a tent in his trousers.

"Great brains think alike," he replied, "why don't you bring me up to date with the progress made by the architect team," he continued with a grin, the glimpse of her young breasts fresh in his mind.

By midday they were through with all the reports. The tantalising views in offer were an added bonus. Whenever Yvonne got down to banging away on her laptop's keyboard, she would bend down for better concentration, allowing Dave to have an uninterrupted view down her top. He was sure she was aware of the show she was putting on but she never adjusted herself.

"There we are, boss. Anything else that you require from me?" she asked with that innocent smile playing yet again on her face as she gave one final punch on the keyboard. The double innuendo in her remark didn't escape his notice.

"This gal is sure gonna give a hard time to all the eligible males in the office," thought Dave as he continued to unobtrusively stroke his manhood from over his trousers. She was a chirpy little soul and he was beginning to like her.

"I hope I didn't disturb your weekend," he said, I am sure there must be a big line of guys in front of your cubicle requesting you to let them show you around the town."

She leaned forward and said in a conspirational tone, "Guess what boss?"

Dave found it very hard to engage in any guessing activity. The top of her blouse was again open for his inspection and Dave again found himself mesmerised by the tantalising view of two beautiful, creamy globes. He could even make out the ruby red areolas.

"Um, let me guess ... 30 days in a month is turning out a bit too short in numbers for allotment to the lucky fellas and you have yet to decide whose name to scratch out," he finally replied as he managed to move his gaze upwards.

"Oh how sweet of you, boss. But the sad fact is that there is not a single name on that list you just mentioned," she replied, her eyes going big and sorrowful.

"Am I that bad looking?" she then asked with a pout; that silly grin again back on her face.

Dave shook his ahead. He wondered if Cyndi was just like her cousin in her younger days.

"Well Yvonne, now that I have cleverly extracted your weekend schedule, can I ask you a favour?" said Dave with mock seriousness.

"Anything boss, anything, your wish is my command," replied Yvonne in a mock serious tone, with a matching seriousness written across her face.

Dave again found his gaze moving downwards towards her exposed boobs. She had again leaned forward and laid open her lovely cleavage for his admiration.

"This young filly is a real tease," thought Dave, already feeling sorry for her boyfriends. With great difficulty he managed to get his bearings back.

"Well, here's the plan," began Dave as he got back to looking at her face, "I will be leaving for the Orbit Mall site in an hour's time from now. As there is no commuter jet available, I will be travelling by road with James. By late evening I will mail you my tour report long with my projection of the requirements for the coming week. The head office would like my report to be on their table by Monday morning as they are closely monitoring all activities at the Orbit Mall. As of now we are making good progress over there and they would like us to maintain our pace, so they will immediately send across their approvals. By midday tomorrow I should be back here. So, if you can fill up all the forms we have for the head office by tomorrow midday, I can go through them in the afternoon and send them across.

"Consider it done boss," came her prompt reply.

"But on one condition," she continued.

Dave raised his eyebrow questioningly.

"Like you just said, you cleverly extracted all information about my weekend schedule and had me agree to slog it out, now wouldn't it be proper if li'l ole me got something back in return?" said Yvonne in her innocent girlish tone.

"Hey, you just have to ask," replied Dave with a smile. He could feel himself warming up to Cyndi's cousin.

"Yipee! It's settled then, tomorrow night we will go to the best dance club ... oh do say yes!" exclaimed Yvonne.

For a moment Dave sat looking at her. She seemed to be a real livewire, full of energy and life.

"Well boss?" she asked as she saw him hesitate.

"Okay Yvonne, will Trinity Club at eight suit you?"

"That sounds fantastic. Finally, I have a name on the list you spoke about," she gushed.

Yvonne jumped up and hugged Dave. He felt his little fella immediately responding to the wonderful feel of Yvonne's young breasts pressing against his broad chest.

"Okay girl, your free time starts now while your boss heads for the construction site," said Dave in a friendly tone as he gently prised himself away from her.

He watched her gather her things and make way for the door.

She opened the door and then stopped to look back at him.

"Boss you will be again travelling by road. Take care," she said with a genuinely concerned look on her face.

As he observed her leave, images of his wife in her pink dress flashed before his eyes. Her grace, her poise, the manner in which she heard him out, her well considered replies ...oh, the swell of those firm breasts straining against the pink fabric, her smooth, shapely legs and those generous lips ... no sir, he wasn't gonna lose her. He looked down at his bulge. He had wanked himself after visiting Sherry the first time. But this time, he just didn't feel like doing a repeat performance. The hard on was for his wife and it should, in all fairness of things, be sucked dry by her lovely pussy, his baby seeds safely ensconced in her warm, welcoming womb.

His cell buzzed. It was James. "Ready whenever you are," he said.

In an instant Dave's mind snapped back to the present. "Let's move then," he replied as he made for the parking lot.

The three hour drive to the site passed uneventfully. Dave even managed to take a nap before they finally reached the site. During the last fifteen days or so, things had really begun to take shape. The electrical work was almost complete and the false ceiling was in place. Some work remained at the underground car park, but that was no real issue. Some of the shop owners had even asked for permission to begin making use of the space allotted to them. All in all, it was a satisfactory state of affairs. And yes, there had been no repeat of those mysterious accidents.

He saw Luke working at the far end of the corridor.

"Hi Luke, how's it going?"

"Great chief, and I'm keeping my back covered," he said as he pointed to the young apprentice beside him.

"Scotty plans to have it all wrapped up in a fortnight's time. I have promised my wife to accompany her to her office party which is exactly fifteen days from now. So I, for one, am going all out to meet Scotty's deadline," he continued.

"Speaking of Scotty, where can I reach him?"

Luke made a wry face.

"In the office. In fact he seems to be there most of the time ever since he returned from his leave."

Dave gave him a friendly wave and moved on. Luke and his wife both loved dancing. They were pretty good at it too. In fact he recalled somebody mentioning that the two of them had first met at some dance show for a TV channel. They had been paired together. That pairing seemed to continue even today in their personal lives.

After reviewing the work on all the floors, Dave made his way back to the office.

He found Scotty slumped in a chair, staring ahead at nothing in particular.

"Hey, what's up man?" asked Dave as he took the chair next to his and opened his laptop.

"Hi Dave, nice to see you back," he replied without much excitement.

"It seems you have all the work pretty much under control. So what gives?"

"It's Stella, I'm worried about her," replied Scotty.

"Some medical problem?" queried Dave.

"No, no nothing like that—and thank God for that. It's just that she seems to be a bit silent and kinda lost in her thoughts. Sometimes I catch her looking at me and then she just turns her face away," replied Scotty glumly.

"You did take her to the theatre didn't you?"

"Yeah we did go, and we had a wonderful time. Thanks for those tickets, Dave, I owe you one."

"Naw, don't ever mention it again," replied Dave with a wave of his hand.

"But this last time I was back home she looked so worn and distant, I suppose these long, outstation work assignments do put the entire household burden on her shoulders," reasoned Scotty.

"You could be right, there," replied Dave with a nod. Scotty was averaging ten to twelve days of continuous supervision at the Orbit Mall site, leaving Stella to take care of the kids and the house. In a way they were lucky to have such understanding and capable spouses or else they would have had to settle for some lower paying jobs within the city limits.

"Your next assignment is in Seattle itself. My guess is that you should be there for six to eight weeks. You can make it up to her then."

"Yeah, I suppose you are right. Quite unfair on our part to leave everything up to them girls," he replied with some sparkle coming back in his eyes.

"Right then, pull up beside me and help me finish my report. Yvonne has promised me that she will complete our submission reports by tomorrow midday."

"Yvonne? You mean Cyndi has been transferred?"

Dave then began updating Scotty about the goings on at the office as Scotty had been spending a lot of time at the site and was a bit behind with the office happenings. It was close to eleven in the night before Dave finally switched off his laptop.

Scotty had already called it a day. Dave grabbed a can of beer and munched through the chicken sandwich he had ordered. It would be better if he, too, called it a day as he would have to leave early in the morning to reach his office by midday ... and yes he was supposed to take out Yvonne later in the evening. It was going to be a long and busy Sunday.

The ring of his mobile alarm woke Dave early in the morning. He had a quick shave and then grabbed a breakfast with the crew members and then he was back on the road.

It was a few minutes to midday and they were just entering the city limits when his cell buzzed. There was a SMS from Yvonne.

"Signed, sealed, and delivered on your mail. Waiting for you at eight sharp," read the message.

Dave smiled. She was quick and efficient just like Cyndi. Something to do with their common genes he reasoned.

He drove straight to the office and took out the printouts of the reports prepared by Yvonne. Rather than going through everything on the laptop screen, he always preferred the old fashioned method of having the hardcopies on the table. By late afternoon he had read through all the paperwork. He leaned back on his chair and smiled in satisfaction. He had had to do a few minor corrections but otherwise her work was perfect. With her intelligence and looks she would definitely do well in her career.

He thought about the outing to the nightclub he had promised her. Somehow he felt uncomfortable. After all, he was married and frankly had some problems in his life which could get aggravated if somebody saw him there with Yvonne and it got back to Sherry.

He picked up his mobile and called up his wife.

"Hi Sherry it's me," he said as he heard his wife's voice at the other end.

"Hi Dave, still at the Orbit Mall site? You really should take a break. Week ends were specifically created for that you know, it helps one to get recharged" she said with genuine concern in her voice.

"The next ten to fifteen days are really crucial. Once the interior workings and installations are completed we will be more or less finished and on the list for the Wilbur Smith Housing Project, if not on the very top of it," he replied with gusto. The warmth and concern in her voice made him feel great. It really lifted his spirits. Nothing like have one's woman standing beside oneself.

They continued to talk lightly until Dave decided that it was time he broached the topic.

"Listen Sherry, you remember me telling you about Cyndi's cousin joining us as a trainee?"

"Yeah sure, I remember you telling me that she was her mirror copy, a younger version so to say," replied Sherry.

"Yeah, the thing is I requested her to finish some work for me during the weekend so that I could send across my reports on Monday. Well she not only agreed to do so but she actual did a pretty good job of it," said Dave.

"Well that's obviously because you did a good job of teaching her the ropes. Credit goes to you too Dave for the good job done," replied Sherry in a neutral tone.

Dave hesitated briefly, not sure how to bring it up.

"Well the thing is that she wants me to take her out in the evening as a kinda reward for the weekend slog out," he finally said.

There was a pregnant pause before Sherry spoke.

"So what have you planned?"

"I was thinking perhaps the three of us could go to the Trinity Club, that is of course if you could manage to squeeze in some time in the evening," he replied in a hopeful tone.

"Hey it sounds as though my husband is asking me out on a date," replied Sherry with a chuckle.

Dave smiled. Thankfully she was taking it in the right spirit.

"But Dave I have a morning flight to catch for Tacoma. A late evening outing will make it difficult for me to catch my flight," she replied.

Dave's heart sank. He had been really hoping that she would agree to go out with him. This would have given them a chance to be together. It had been such a long time.

"But you two go ahead and have fun. Do say hello to Yvonne from me and tell her I'm looking forward to meeting her, after all she is Cyndi's cousin," she added.

"You sure?"

"Sure Dave, from what you have told me, Yvonne seems to be a bubbly, fun loving girl. And you have used up her weekend for your selfish end, so you owe her one. Now speak to DJ, I don't think he will let me carry on any longer," said Sherry as she handed her mobile to their son.

Dave's heart thumped hard as he heard his little son's sweet voice over the cell. "Oh, why does DJ have to suffer all this," muttered Dave before he lost himself in his child's kiddy world.

[* * *]

Ma Harding watched her daughter in law with sad, sorrowful eyes. She was putting some clothes in the washing machine. Sherry's lips were pressed together and her face had a look of defiance—or was it uncertainty?

Dave had not asked for his mother. He knew she had taken her daughter-in-law's side, no, make it her daughter's side and had made it pretty clear that she would stick by her. She had refused to speak to him on earlier occasions. His mother had her own views. Ma's view was that marriage comes with many responsibilities and duties. To stay monogamous and faithful to each other is a means of providing the necessary security blanket for the spouse and the children that follow. If the husband or wife start having children from multiple partners then it would be pretty much back to the prehistoric cave man times. Somehow she felt guilty. Perhaps there had been something missing in her upbringing of her children.

"Do you really want to go through this? You know you could have joined them for some time," she asked softly as she gathered DJ in her arms and placed him on her lap.

"It was nice of Dave to ask me out along with Yvonne. I must confess I hadn't really expected that. I was under the impression that he would go ahead without talking to me, his wife, about it. After all, we are separated in a way; but no Ma, even if I were, for a moment, to forgive and take back Dave in my life, I don't think I could spend the rest of my lifetime thinking about who my husband is with whenever he is out of town. So, as of now I would prefer to let things play out in their natural course and then we will see where we stand and where we go next," she added reflectively.

---------------------------------------------

At exactly eight o'clock, Dave was at Yvonne's place. It was a small but comfortable apartment not far from where he had put up. After some contemplation he had decided to carry a bouquet and a box of chocolates. He rang the doorbell.

Yvonne immediately opened the door.

"Hi!" she exclaimed and gave him a quick hug. "Wow, for me? Thanks a trillion," she exclaimed as she accepted the flowers and chocolates. She then took him by his hand and led him inside.

12