A Small Indiscretion Ch. 06

Story Info
A small indiscretion... and decisions to be taken.
10.7k words
4.41
43.1k
8

Part 5 of the 6 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 03/29/2015
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Many thanks to Greowulf for his wonderful editing.

*****

The next couple of days went by without any further progress in their investigation. Sherry was tied up incorporating feedback and edits for her new storyline, but in the evenings she would be beside Stella in the hospital. Even after her discharge it was decided that Stella will not be left alone.

Evelyn had quit her job and left the town. It seemed Dave's faithful crew members and their black brothers had scared the shit out of her. They had a couple of drinks with her at her house and then, as Dave had correctly predicted, they asked her to go along with them to some dance bars. She had some more drinks at the bar after which the guys had taken turns in screwing her. After that it was the turn of some of their black brothers. They returned around two in the night. The party then continued in her living room where the boys had spread out the mattress. By the time they left, Evelyn had all her holes filled up by God knows how many men. She had been drunk and the only thing she remembered was their telling her they would love to meet up again. That had helped her make a decision to move out of the city.

Scotty had remained home for a couple more days and then returned to the Orbit Mall site after Sherry promised to spend the nights with Stella.

---------------------------------------------

Almost a week had passed since that fateful day. Sherry told Stella about Evelyn quitting her job. She also told her about how Dave's workers worked her out. For the first time Stella smiled. She had no doubt that Evelyn had set up her gang bang. But the memory hurt ... and Scotty was still in the dark about the true reason for her taking that overdose. The only thing that seemed to comfort her was the idea that it was not exactly a consensual act on her end, that the booze and drugs had a role-but then, that didn't mean she was fully absolved.

Sherry glanced at her watch. She hesitated briefly, then picked up her mobile and called her husband.

He picked it up instantly.

"Hi baby, how's the day going?" he asked in his deep masculine voice. She loved the sound of his voice. Sherry closed her eyes and enjoyed the reverberation of his voice in her mind. The tingling sensation between her legs signalled her body's arousal. It had been a long time. Apart from that small indiscretion with Ed, her dildos had been her only support these last few weeks. She was feeling frustrated, very frustrated.

"Oh, just your normal, everyday routine at the newspaper here. Some news about a couple of revolutions in some distant banana republics, some more news about some political bigwigs in yet another sex scandal, and so on," replied Sherry lightly. She had always enjoyed such bantering in the past.

"How's your new story coming along?" asked Dave.

"I have started to get feedback from my staff. Tomorrow I should get the remaining information. I will have to first go through this pile of information before deciding on the next course of action," replied Sherry "How's Scotty doing?" she continued.

"Still worried about his wife. I have promised him the weekend off from site duties. He can be home with Stella and you can get a much needed rest," replied Dave.

"Yeah, you are right. In fact I have to also get serious on this new assignment. Stella's cousin will be taking my place tomorrow as I plan to work from home in the night,"

"You take care Sherry, things have been kinda crazy and stressed out these last few weeks," came back Dave in a sombre tone.

"You too Dave, the Orbit Mall has seen a lot of funny things happening," she responded.

"The company has already started thinking ahead of the Orbit Mall. With the work going on smoothly here, the head office has started formulating plans for the Wilbur Smith Housing Project. We have our bankers here for working out the estimated fund projections."

"Good for you," said Sherry with a hint of pride in her voice.

They continued talking for some time before hanging up with a promise to get together for dinner as soon as possible. But it could not be in the coming days as the next evening Dave would be hoisting a dinner for the bankers and Sherry was supposed to work on her next story. He asked her if she could join him for the banker's dinner, but she refused politely, citing her heavy workload as an excuse.

-------------------------------------------

"And gentleman, if we look at the EBIDTA numbers, it is quite obvious that the returns envisaged by SeaTech Constructions are not only achievable, but also far higher than the returns shown by any other company in the past on a project of this large scale," said Yvonne as she tapped the cue against the numbers achieved by other companies and those promised by their company. The presentation to the bankers was into its fourth hour now.

Dave leaned back and watched the bankers studying the numbers displayed on the projector screen.

"Dave your estimations of cost are very fair and realistic," said Mr Lorenzo, the head of the business loan department.

"Thanks Mr Lorenzo, the pricing is based on the cost being incurred by us as of now at other projects plus a fair mark up for cost escalation," replied Dave. He was pretty pleased. Getting a compliment from Mr Lorenzo was an achievement. He glanced at Yvonne and gave her a thumb up gesture. She flashed him a quick thank you smile in return.

Mr Lorenzo turned to his partner and said, "Nick, do you have any questions to ask? I'm pretty much satisfied from the cost and finance angle. Dave and Fred have done a good job here, ably supported by Yvonne here."

Yvonne beamed happily. Cyndi was supposed to have been at the presentation. But Dave had insisted that she conduct the presentation. It seemed that his confidence in her had not been misplaced. Rita, representing the commercial department, looked on bemused.

Nick Spalding nodded his head in agreement. "They are procuring all their material through approved suppliers and the materials bear the necessary mark of quality. I think we can put up their proposal to our board."

"Well, that wraps things up then, Dave," said Greg Lorenzo, "now with your permission we could perhaps close the day now and then meet up for dinner in the evening?"

"Sure thing, Greg. We will be expecting you around eight in the evening," replied Dave.

"It's a date, guys," replied Greg with a laugh as he and Nick headed out of the conference room.

"Boss we have done it!" shrieked Yvonne and before he could stop her, she rushed into his arms and pressed her warm body to his. The two were alone in the conference room as the others had already made their way out.

"There, there, steady girl, that was only the appetiser, so to say. The main course is yet to be served by us, and that will happen only when we complete the Orbit Mall construction in time," said Dave, enjoying the warmth of Yvonne's soft body against him. He already had a raging hard on and there was no way Yvonne was ignorant of that fact. She snuggled closer.

"Boss, I'll have the main course ready, you can count on me. With your expert guidance, I can accomplish anything," she whispered, coming closer to Dave. Her breasts were pressed tightly against his broad chest. Dave wrapped his arms around her and affectionately kissed her forehead.

"My dear Yvonne, if you keep showing me your appreciation like you are doing now, I doubt you will leave me in a position to guide you any further," he replied in a mock complaining voice, his hands resting on the small of her back.

Dave felt Yvonne change her position as she continued wrap herself around him. Now she deliberately brushed her belly against his hard on, then pressed it gently with a barely perceptible thrust of her hips.

"Boss, gimme your guidance anytime, anywhere. I am your willing disciple," she replied in an aroused tone. She then released her grasp and stood back and looked at his bulge with her hands behind her back. Yvonne giggled, "I wouldn't want my loving boss to get tied up in some stupid personal law of the company about fraternising with the staff," she said with that naughty look back on her face.

"Seven thirty in the evening?" she asked with a smile playing upon her lips.

"You're on, baby," he replied with a twinkle. He did like his new trainee.

--------------------------------------------

Dave was in for a real surprise in the evening. Yvonne's dress sense was in a complete contrast to their other evening's outing. Tonight she was dressed in a black, strapless, sequin cocktail dress with a sweetheart neckline. The dress came to just above her knees. A diamond necklace and ear rings along with a sapphire and diamond bracelet completed her ensemble for the evening. In short, she looked stunning. Fred was accompanied by his wife while Rita was accompanied by her boy friend.

The dinner turned out to be a nice affair. They had drinks, made small talk, then danced with the ladies. Somehow Yvonne managed to have Dave as her partner for most of the dances, not to the complete liking of Rita. But Dave was not complaining. All in all it turned out to be a very nice outing.

By eleven the other guests had departed. Yvonne was in Dave's arms as they moved gracefully over the dance floor. She was good on the dance floor, just as she was in the office.

"Yvonne, you are a graceful dancer," said Dave as she twirled around against his outstretched arm.

"Boss, you definitely don't have two left foot," replied Yvonne. She came up close against Dave and wrapped her hands around his neck resting her face against his broad chest as they continued to move slowly to the rhythm of the music.

Her belly was again in close contact with his hard on. She made no move to step away, instead she seemed to press even closer. Dave pulled her closer, the two barely moving to the music.

--------------------------------------------

While Dave entertained his guests, Sherry was busy poring over the reports submitted by her staff. After turning some pages of the latest report, Sherry finally put it down and let out a sigh. There was nothing much in the report from Bellingham. Well, some hanky panky was always there where politicians were involved. But she wanted something different, something her reader would immediately love to bite into.

She prepared some hot coffee and opened the folder sent from her Tacoma team members and began reading the contents. Halfway through the papers she quietly placed her coffee mug on the table. She sat looking out into the night with a thoughtful expression on her face.

A few minutes later she picked up her cell and rang a number.

"I have read the report. I think we have what we want here. Now listen carefully, I want CDs and good quality pics showing her going out with different men." She talked for some more moments and then shut her mobile.

Sue Morrison ... the name had cropped up again. As per her journalist friend in Tacoma there were strong rumours that some companies were supplying women to Govt officials in return for lucrative building contracts, and Sue Morrison was in the thick of it. Was she the same Sue Morrison about whom Evelyn had spoken? She was supposedly Stella's friend and at the root of all the suffering and humiliation Stella had undergone.

Just then her computer beeped. She had an email.

She opened it. It was from her free lance journalist in Tacoma. He had sent her a picture of Sue Morrison taken at a restaurant recently. She clicked on the attachment and leaned back, waiting for the picture to fill up her screen.

Suddenly she went still. Her eyes opened wide in amazement as her hand went to her mouth.

The smiling face on her screen was that of Susan Gilmour!

"Susan Gilmour ... Sue Morrison ... they were one and the same! The woman with whom Dave had a one night stand and the woman who paid for Stella's orgy were one and the same person!

But why the two different surnames? Why?

Sherry's mind was in a whirl. Her brain was just not connecting things up. Her heartbeat was racing, she was breathing rapidly. She printed the photo from her Tacoma contemporary. Tomorrow she intended to show the photo to Stella.

Sherry glanced at her watch. It was getting late. She began shutting down her computer.

The buzz of her mobile distracted her. It was Cyndi calling. A look of alarm crossed her face. Why would she be calling this late?

"What's up?" said Sherry in an alarmed tone as soon as she brought her mobile to her ear.

"Yvonne called," said Cyndi simply.

Sherry went cold. She could feel a knot forming in her stomach.

She sat back in her chair, feeling weak and nauseous.

"And?" she finally managed to whisper.

"My cousin sister has fallen in love with her boss and she is crying her heart out. As planned by us, she had been sending all the right signals these past few days. Dave had been the perfect, courteous and guiding boss and so she really didn't have much trouble in putting on her show. Then this evening they had been to a dinner with the company's bankers at one the classier hotels. They wined and danced the night away and reached home pretty late," replied Cyndi as she paused for breath.

"Go on," said Sherry with concern in her voice.

"Well, from what I can gather from her tearful warbling is that somewhere in between she really began to have a crush on Dave. Back home she invited him inside. He steadfastly refused to take the drink she offered. As per Yvonne he said that he had had enough drinks inside him for this life. Well, she anyway decided to have a glass or two ... became tipsy and the next thing we know is that she was standing in front of Dave totally nude."

Sherry could hear her heart thumping. She had nothing to say. Her body was trembling.

"Guess what Dave did! He scooped her up in his arms and carried her to the bedroom. He laid her down on the bed and stood looking at her, with, as my sister says, with his big, brownie, lovey dovey eyes. Then, just when Yvonne thought that he was going to join her, he pulled the bed sheet over her naked body, kissed her forehead and told her she was like his kid sister and he hoped she would understand that. With that, Dave got up and made his way out," said Cyndi.

For a few moments there was total silence as Sherry digested what she had heard. It had been Cyndi's idea. Sherry had not been sure on whether she could give another chance to their marriage. Marriage was all about mutual trust and respect, and Sherry had not been sure if she could continue in the relationship.

This had been a way to check if Dave would be tempted again. Cyndi had pulled strings to have her cousin transferred here for her training under Dave. The idea had been to use somebody who could be trusted. Yvonne fitted the bill.

New waves of emotions were now engulfing Sherry. All along she had been feeling as though she was being helplessly tossed about in choppy seas by strong tidal waves, without hope, all alone with just little DJ clutching to her.

But now it seemed as though a sudden calmness had swept over her. She was no longer tossed around like a rag doll. It was almost as though she had seen land over the horizon ... a glimmer of hope, a new beginning ... Dave had been tempted but he had stood fast. He had not succumbed to Yvonne's bewitching charms. Her husband was not a skirt chaser!

Suddenly she felt confident and alive, as though she had been injected with a dose of some energizing multi vitamin.

"So what do we do about my little cousin? She is completely heartbroken. She says she wants to have babies ... lots of them, from Dave. What do I tell her?," asked Cyndi.

A smile began to play upon Sherry's lips.

"Tell her that Dave already has a full time baby making machine at home and his Little Willie is booked over time for this lifetime at least," replied Sherry.

As soon as she said that she could hear Cyndi burst into tears.

"And ... and tell her that her sister-in-law is waiting to meet her ... and ... and she will fix her up with her very own Little Willie ... that's a promise ... and tell her that I will never forget what she did for me," sobbed out Sherry.

"Tell her all that yourself House Wife," sobbed out Cyndi. Sherry had taken a decision she had been desperately hoping for, praying for.

"I told you my boss is a good man," she whispered before breaking into tears again.

"I always knew that, Office Wife," sobbed back Sherry.

The two comforted each other for some time before finally calling it a day.

-------------------------------------------

At sharp nine in the morning, Sherry walked into Stella's cabin. She had earlier rung up in the morning and asked her for some time. The matter of Sue Morrison or Susan Gilmour was weighing heavily on her mind and she wanted to get at the bottom of it all.

As soon as Sherry entered, Stella got up and walked over to give her a big hug.

"You needn't have bothered to call. You can come over anytime," gushed a smiling Stella.

"How're you doing?" asked Sherry with concern in her eyes.

"Physically healed but from inside ... "Stella trailed off as she sat back on her chair.

"Time will heal all. We are with you," replied Sherry, "You've been very brave," she added.

"I haven't told Scotty the messy details as yet and that's eating me up. I can't hold on like this Sherry. Someday I am going to tell him all the sordid details, and I'm ready for the worst. But I will definitely not keep my husband in the dark forever," replied Stella with a resigned but firm look on her face.

"And I'm sure he will understand and forgive you," replied Sherry as she took her friend's hand in hers and squeezed it.

"Maybe I was drunk, maybe I was even drugged, but I'm an adult and it was expected of me to make a better decision. Let's say I just let some of my inner desires to surface," posited Stella without looking towards Sherry.

"Stella, all I'm asking from you is some more time before you tell everything to Scotty. In fact I'll be there with you when you have your talk with him." Sherry took a deep breath and then pulled out the picture of Sue Morrison and placed it on the table.

"Do you know her?" asked Sherry.

Stella glanced at the picture and looked up. "Never seen her before. Any reason I should know her?" asked Stella with a puzzled frown on her face.

"Evelyn claims that this is the woman who asked her to show you a good time. In fact she even paid her some good money for meeting all the expenses. Her name is Sue Morrison and she told Evelyn that she was a good friend of yours from college days."

"Sherry, I have never known a Susan all my life," replied Stella. "I bet Evelyn made up that story to protect herself. She ... she just wanted to have a groupie with me," sobbed Stella as the trauma of the recent past began rearing its ugly head.

"Ssh, there, baby, don't cry. Be strong, you have to be, for us, for Scotty," replied Sherry. Stella nodded her head and began wiping her tears with a tissue paper. Sherry sat watching Stella for some time. Her mind was working over time. Stella didn't know Sue Morrison, Dave slept with Susan Gilmour, these two were one and the same woman ... it just didn't make sense to her.

Anyway there was no sense in taking up any more of Stella's time. Sherry walked briskly back to the parking lot. Her mind went back to the crazy events that had been unfolding the past few weeks, in fact almost a month now. There was a missing link and she had to find it, find it fast before it became too late. She swung her car into her office's parking lot and quickly walked up to her office. She called for Nancy as soon as she settled down.

Her voice was cold and crisp as she began relaying a series of instructions. "Nancy I want a complete low down on Sue Morrison. Money will not be a problem. I want twenty-four hour surveillance on her. It has to be the best sting operation of this newspaper," she said.