A Song in Ebony Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Charlie glanced up at a video camera in the corner of the room. "I see. So you hacked the data stream from our security feed?"

"The term 'hacked' implies that I had to exert some effort." Izzy leaned forward and gave him a sharklike grin. "I didn't. And now that I have access to your camera feeds, I can't help but notice that you have a certain Karen Braydon here as well. Bring her to me. Now."

He tried to bluster. "Ms. Braydon is under quarantine. She signed a waiver-"

"I know that you plonked a piece of paper in front of her lawyers with something that looked like her signature. But their handwriting experts have grave concerns as to its authenticity."

"Her lawyers...wait, you're the one who sent Hamlin, Hamlin and McGill?"

"No. Karen Braydon is their client. And Larry is the one paying them." Izzy folded her arms. "As I said, I'm willing to play by your rules...for now. My patience, however, is rapidly approaching its end." Izzy pointed at the camera up in the corner. "I know that your video feeds will show no evidence of Karen Braydon signing anything, and will show plenty of questionable behavior towards her by Dr. Asswipe, I mean Gilbert. Imprisonment without due process, sexual assault...it all sounds very ugly, don't you think?"

The craggy man looked grim. "I see. You're threatening to broadcast that footage?"

"Sir!" Izzy gave a mock gasp of outrage. "I would do nothing of the sort. But I can make a prediction. Somehow that video evidence, including the footage of Violet, will magically show up at HHM. Then they are going to do their very best to sue you into oblivion. And their best is considerable. HHM scares even me, and that takes some doing. Even if you get the lawsuits squashed in court, I don't think that public opinion will be as forgiving. The knowledge of what you've done might trigger a parlimentary crisis." She cocked one eyebrow at him. "Or...?"

He slumped a little. "Or I bring you Karen Braydon."

"You see, kiddo? He can be taught."

Charlie pulled out his phone. "Gilbert? Get the Braydon sister in here. Yes, now. Because I said to do it." He hung up, and there was long silence while he tried very hard not to look at either of them. Izzy casually rocked on her heels and hummed tunelessly.

Violet thought this was as good a time as any to announce something. "Oh, by the way, I quit."

The man held up a placating hand. "Doctor, you have valuable expertise that we need. I know this has been a day with a lot of negative emotion, but there's no cause to be rash."

She felt her anger start up again, but this time it was a cold fury. "Negative emotion? Rash? Geoff Palmer was stalking me, and I remind you that he was my goddamn boss. You were going to keep me here against my will for who knows how long. Forget it. I am out of here. You can say that you fired me if it makes you happy. I don't care either way."

The door slid open and a thin woman with a narrow face and long brown hair was escorted in by Dr. Gilbert. She was wearing nothing but a hospital gown. Violet could definitely see a resemblance to Larry in her features. Gilbert flinched a little when he saw Izzy's bulk again.

The thin woman's face, however, split into a big smile. "Izzy!"

"The one and only, squirt. Are you okay?"

"I've been better. I've certainly had my fill of getting poked and prodded." Karen gave Gilbert a dark look, and the doctor hurriedly took his hand off of her arm. The woman walked over next to Izzy and Violet.

Izzy folded her arms together and looked at Charlie. "Well, now. I'm glad you decided to see reason. I could have just smashed through some walls to get Karen out, but this way is less noisy. The three of us are leaving. I want your assurance that there will be no future harassment of the Braydons or of Dr. Helstrom."

Charlie cleared his throat. "My assurance won't mean much. After all, I can't speak for my superiors."

"Then talk to them. I hope my...restraint here today gives them some proof of my good intentions. Tell them that if they play nice then I'll keep a low profile. They can even keep that silly cover story in place about Trinity. I won't kick up a fuss. But also tell them that if they don't go for the carrot then I will break out my big stick. That video evidence I spoke of will be made public. Along with a few other interesting tidbits I found in that cute little database of yours."

Charlie blanched and nodded. "I think they'll get the picture."

"You'd better hope so. And you should clean house yourself." Izzy gave a significant glance at Gilbert, who looked like he wanted the ground to open and swallow him up. "It sounds like some people here have been abusing their authority. "

"I'll look into it. Um, it's unlikely but...if I need to contact you, how do I do that?"

Izzy leaned back. "Call Larry's lawyers. But it had better be a real emergency. Don't bug me for mundane crap. C'mon girls, let's blow this popsicle stand."

­­­­­­­­­­_______________________________________________________

Violet felt her tension fade as she watched Larry and Karen embrace. They'd decided to meet at the city park next to the Denver Zoo. It was a nicely public area, just in case Charlie or his ilk decided to grab them again.

"You're sure you're okay?" Larry asked Karen as they broke apart.

"More or less," she replied with a smile. She did look better now that she was out of that hospital gown. Izzy had created a proper set of clothes for Karen before dropping her and Violet off at the park. "That creepy doctor wasn't fun, but the whole thing was more boring than anything else. They kept asking the same questions, over and over. I didn't even have anything to read."

Violet touched Karen's shoulder. "I'm so sorry, Karen. That doctor, did he...molest you?"

Karen's smile faltered. "Almost. I mean, he did give me a few medical examinations without my consent. And the last time he got a little too enthusiastic about checking...my lower body. The worst thing was how he kept leering at me. I could tell he was working up the courage to go farther."

Larry squeezed her other shoulder. "I'll talk with HHM. We might be able to at least bring a civil suit against him."

Karen got a truly evil grin on her face. "Don't bother. Izzy said that she had something special planned for him."

Larry went a little pale. "Oh, shit. Nothing permanent, I hope."

"No, I made her promise not to physically hurt or restrain him. And not to mess with his sanity. Or leave him destitute."

Violet considered what 'something special' might mean to a playful entity with Izzy's powers, even within those constraints. She shuddered. A bullet to the head might have been kinder.

The wind tousled Violet's hair a little as she looked around. It was a beautiful day, and the sun felt wonderful on her skin. She liked sunbathing, but unfortunately she'd been stuck with the 'fair-skin-and-freckles' genetic package. About ten minutes was enough for her to get burned to a crisp.

It was odd how rudderless she felt. Ordinarily she'd feel an itch to get back down to her lab and keep working, but that was no longer an option. And she really didn't feel like going back to her little apartment.

"So what now?" she asked the siblings.

"Now?" Larry looked off into the distance. "Well, it sounds like you need a job. How do you feel about founding The Braydon Institute?"

Violet smiled. "Really? Not the Braydon-Helstrom Institute?"

He got a look of mock anger on his face. "Hey, I'm the one putting up the money."

"Yes, and that's why we'll put your name first."

Karen laughed. "If I throw in some cash, can I design the logo?"

"Why not?" Larry pondered a bit more. "But seriously, we really should set up some sort of company. It would be a handy way to develop and disseminate the technologies that Izzy gives us. We can also use it as a...call it a 'front' for Izzy's interactions with our layer of spacetime. That will make it easier for her to keep that 'low profile' she promised."

"We should make it a nonprofit," mused Violet. "If we're not personally profiting off of the technology we develop, then that should keep the government happier."

Karen smiled. "A nonprofit research institute, dedicated to the development of new technology and to exploration. Larry, you mentioned buying a ship. The taxes will be a lot less if we buy it for the institute and not for personal use."

Larry grinned and turned to Violet. "That's my sis. She was always the sensible one. I was always off reading ancient texts or planning impossible missions." He looked at them both. "So I guess we're all in agreement, then?"

Violet felt a happy thrill in her stomach as she nodded.

­­­­­­­­­­_______________________________________________________

"Welcome back, kiddo."

Violet stopped as she walked back into what she supposed was now 'her' bedroom. It was no longer Victorian in decor. Now it was more sleek and modern, with lots of light gray wood and shiny chrome. The bed was a simple padded platform instead of the ornate canopied affair from before. Izzy stood in front of it with a minty smile. She still looked a little like Ty Trentham, but now a little bulkier and with catlike features reminiscent of her female avatar.

"Why the change?" Violet asked her.

Izzy shrugged. "I figured it was kind of tacky to look like someone who's still alive. Plus you already got to fulfill your fantasy. I don't think it would be healthy to indulge that more than once."

Violet stopped in front of Izzy. "I see your point. Besides, I'm sure you're a much better lay than the real Mr. Trentham." She poked Izzy playfully in the chest, then looked around. "And the change in the room?"

"Well, what with the new research institute getting underway I thought it was appropriate."

Violet dropped her bag and sat on the bed. "Woof. I can't believe it's only been ten hours since I left here."

"A busy day," agreed Izzy as she settled next to Violet. She gave Violet a sideways hug. "How are you holding up?"

Violet felt the tears start in her eyes.

A hand stroked the back of her head. "Let it out, kiddo," said Izzy softly.

It was like a dam breaking. Violet pressed herself against Izzy's chest and sobbed into the velvet skin. Izzy's arms held her close as she cried. Finally she felt her fear and anger subside, and she pulled back.

"I must look like a mess," Violet sniffed. She could feel that her face was streaked with tears and snot.

"You look beautiful," said Izzy. "You always do."

Violet sniffed again as she looked away and wiped her face on her sleeve. "Why me? What's so special about me? You could have anyone you want. I'm nothing compared to you."

One of those velvet fingers hooked under her chin and drew her eyes up to meet Izzy's calm green gaze. "You are not nothing," said Izzy. "You are a marvelous and incredibly brave person. I still can't believe how calmly you accepted my barging into your head. You agreed to come see me, sight unseen. That took guts."

Violet gave a lopsided smile and sniffled again. "Thanks. I'm sorry for losing it, It's...it wasn't just the threats they made. I'm scared about how mad I got, when they said they were keeping me incommunicado."

"It's a good thing you did," replied Izzy. "I think the more basic emotions broadcast more strongly. Thanks to that anger, I was able to locate your signal."

"Yes, but it worries me." Violet sniffed again. "I'm a scientist. I'm supposed to be the one keeping a cool head. But I got so angry. I hit a man with a chair."

Izzy took Violet's hands in hers. "And that loss of self-control is what frightens you?"

Violet nodded.

The avatar gave Violet's hands a gentle squeeze. "May I make an observation? You are the type of person who always needs to be in control. They threatened you with incarceration, which meant you were losing control of your physical self. Then you got angry, which meant you were losing control of your mental self. Both of those combined together, and as a result you became even more scared and angry. It was a vicious cycle."

Violet looked down, unwilling to meet Izzy's eyes. The analysis felt right. "I guess so," she said aloud. "I've always had to be the one calling the shots. Especially in my relationships, which is probably why they all end badly. My boyfriends usually call me an emasculating bitch or something similar before storming out the door." She leaned into Izzy. "I don't know. Maybe I'm just built like this. At least I have you, right?"

Izzy hugged her. "You'll always have me. But I'm learning fast about interpersonal relationships. I don't think it's healthy to be only close to me."

"Even if you gave me the best fucking I ever had?" murmured Violet.

"Even then. Give-and-take is something you'll have to work on, especially if you're going to be a part of this institute that Larry's putting together."

Violet sniffed and looked back up at Izzy. "What do you suggest, then?" She smiled, wider this time. "You keep saying you have a brain the size of a galaxy, so you must have some idea."

"There's a therapeutic technique called systematic desensitization. If there's something you're afraid of, you first learn relaxation techniques. Then you get gradually exposed to your phobia in a safe environment, all the while training yourself to stay relaxed."

The scientist thought about the idea. "It sounds straightforward. I'm surprised. I thought you would come up with something that involved sex."

Izzy grinned. "Well, actually..."

Violet punched the avatar lightly in the shoulder. "I knew it! I swear, you're worse than the stories about Zeus. And he turned himself into a swan to get laid. So what did you have in mind, my little horndog?"

Izzy reached up and ran a hand through Violet's hair. "Well, I couldn't help but notice that when we made love you had to be the one who was on top and in charge."

"So...you want to be on top instead?" Violet thought that sounded like something she could easily handle. But she also had a suspicion that Izzy had nothing so pedestrian in mind.

The avatar's smile grew wider. "No. Remember what I said about experimenting? How do you feel about being restrained?"

Violet's stomach churned. "I don't know, I'm not into pain or bondage or anything like that."

Both of Izzy's hands now massaged her scalp. "No pain. I wouldn't hurt you at all. You would just be held in place and unable to move while I play with you." She gave Violet's scalp a little extra squeeze at the word 'play'. "Think of it as an exercise in relinquishing control while in a safe environment."

"I'm...really, Izzy, I don't know..." Violet's breathing became more rapid. That massaging felt great, but that churning in her stomach refused to go away.

"Violet my dear, do you trust me?" Izzy's voice was low, almost a whisper.

Violet closed her eyes and nodded. "I do. You promise you'll let me loose if I freak out?"

"I promise. And I will be touching your mind the whole time, so I can stop before it gets traumatic for you. Don't worry."

Violet opened her eyes again and nodded. "Okay, then. Let's do it."

Izzy kissed her forehead. "That's my girl. Now take your clothes off, please."

Violet stood and slowly undressed. The slowness wasn't an attempt to be seductive. It was because she kept seeing images of Gilbert's leering face as she removed her clothes. This stripping was what he would have put her through if Izzy hadn't intervened. Here and now, though, Izzy's presence and gentle smile helped calm her down. Eventually she stood naked in front of the avatar, her breathing still a little rapid.

Izzy held out a hand, and Violet took it. The avatar led her around the bed to the far side of the room. There was new door there, and behind it was a smaller room with bare walls and a floor of cheap linoleum. A single lamp shone down on what looked like the examination chair from a gynecologist's office. The chair had a high and inclined back with two supports that stuck out at angles from its seat. The supports were clearly intended for her legs. There were many padded leather straps that hung off of the chair.

The sight of the chair made Violet stop in her tracks, and her heart beat faster. She squeezed Izzy's hand. "This...this might be too close for comfort, Izzy."

Izzy returned the squeeze. "It's your call. This has to be your decision."

Violet suddenly felt angry again, but this time the anger was directed at herself. She needed to face her fears and get through them. And this was a safe place, probably the safest place she'd ever been in. If she couldn't go through with this now, then she never would. She would always find an excuse.

Violet nodded in determination. "I'm okay. Just please go slowly."

"That I can promise," said Izzy as she led Violet over to the chair. It was padded and upholstered with leather, and felt surprisingly comfortable on Violet's bare back as she reclined into it. Its seat was just a little shelf that barely supported her buttocks, and in front of her were the two supports for her legs.

Izzy patted her hand on the left support, and Violet obediently placed her leg on it. The avatar carefully strapped Violet's leg down to the support. The leather restraints had sheepskin padding inside them and actually felt nice against her skin. Izzy then repeated the process for Violet's right leg. After getting strapped in, Violet gave a little experimental wiggle. She felt no give at all in the bindings on either leg.

Izzy walked up the left side of the chair and unlatched another support at Violet's shoulder. Then she reached down and gently guided Violet's left arm up onto the support and strapped it down as well. "Is that too tight?" she asked.

Violet shook her head. She felt in a daze, almost as if this was happening to someone else and she was just witnessing it from afar.

"Good," said Izzy, and then moved around to the right and fastened down Violet's remaining arm. The redhead was now spread-eagled in the chair. Izzy fastened two more straps around her; one around her midsection and one around her forehead, both holding her firmly down to the chair. Izzy tilted the chair's headrest up so that Violet could look down at her own vulnerable and naked form.

Izzy then reached under the chair and turned a crank which caused the supports under Violet's legs to spread out even more. Izzy stopped the spreading just before the stretch in her tendons became painful. Apart from the little shelf at the rear of her bum, Violet could feel cool air all along her cleft. She was comfortable, but also immovably held and completely exposed. Her heart rate increased, although she couldn't say if it was from more from fear or from anticipation.

Izzy moved behind the chair and and leaned over Violet. The avatar gently placed a hand on each side of Violet's face. "Now then," she said evenly. "As I said, I'll be monitoring your mind. But just to be sure, I believe a safe word is also in order. The safe word for today is 'tapoica'. Please repeat it back to me."

"Tapioca," said Violet. Her own voice sounded strange, almost alien to her.

"If you say that word out loud again, I will stop immediately and release you. Okay?"

"Okay."

The avatar leaned closer. Violet felt Izzy's lips brush her left ear, and heard her whisper. "There is no pain in this place. There is no humiliation. All I will offer you is pleasure." Then the lips were at her right ear. "All you have to do is lie back and accept it. I promise, my dear Violet, that I will make you sing."

Violet felt Izzy's lips press against her forehead in a brief kiss. Then the avatar walked away behind her and was gone. The air around Violet was just cool enough to make her really feel her nakedness.