A Special Kind of Love Ch. 04

Story Info
Returning home leads to an erotic bath.
6.2k words
4.65
12.6k
10

Part 4 of the 5 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 11/07/2015
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Courtney and Jessie were sitting on the couch next to the hospital bed, and I was sitting on a chair. They had their eyes glued to the floor, and they were completely silent. I wasn't making a sound either. I kept my eyes on Billy. He was hunched over as he sat on the bed, his arms wrapped around his gut, as if he was shielding himself from cold air. His face was mostly blank, but I could see some anger laced within his eyes. He was shutting us out. Just a few hours ago, his mother—who he hadn't seen in years—walked in, just to tell Courtney and Jessie to accompany her for dinner. Then she called me a few choice words, causing Billy to explode at her. All that rage he had been keeping since he was an infant—he let it out, and first the first time ever, I heard him scream.

All I wanted to do was rush to his side and throw my arms at him, shushing into his ear and telling him that everything was alright. I wanted to pull him into a deep state of bliss—a state where he was allowed to truly relax. All the negligence he'd endured really had taken its toll.

But, Courtney and Jessie told me not to touch him, and I didn't question it. I just hated seeing Billy so...sullen.

We sat in silence for a couple hours, until it was five o' clock.

"We should be going," Jessie said to Courtney.

"Oh, yeah..." Courtney said somberly. "Dinner."

I spoke up. "Um... What would happen if you guys didn't go? If you stayed here?"

"She'd find a way to screw us over," Courtney said plainly. "Our mom absolutely hates it when someone doesn't make it to dinner."

"She seems like she hates a lot of things," I said.

Courtney scoffed. "You have no idea."

"And where are you guys going? Bevette's? That place is expensive."

"Oh, I'm sure Timmy or Jimmy or what's-his-face will cover it," Courtney said. "Mom only goes for rich guys. She makes sure that they cum gold instead of semen."

Jessie barely held in a laugh, as did I. She turned her attention to me. "You think you'll be alright here?"

"I... I think so," I said, returning my gaze to Billy. He was like a complete statue.

"Sounds good," said Courtney. "But Ali? Can I talk to outside...before we go?"

A slight sensation of fear ran through my body. "Y...yeah, of course."

Courtney and Jessie both said goodbye to Billy as we left the room. Of course, he didn't answer.

"What's up?" I asked as we shut the door.

"Ali, when Billy gets out of this rut...I want you to know that he might get a little emotional," Courtney said.

"Ummm... Okay," I said. "Is... Is he going to cry?"

". . . Maybe," said Jessie. "He's hardly yelled like that before. I'd imagine that he might cry a little. I realize that it'll be awkward for you, but—"

"It won't be awkward," I assured them. "I'll take good care of him."

"Okay," said Courtney. "And after dinner, we're gonna stay here for the night. If he comes back to us when we're all with him, that might make things a little easier."

"Yeah, okay," I said, nodding. "That sounds great, actually."

They left, and I went back into the hospital room. I shut the door behind me as my eyes fell upon Billy. He hadn't moved an inch. I lay on the couch as I kept my gaze on him. He was doing a terrible job at hiding the turmoil and desperation that was transpiring within him. He breathing was heavy, and his body was trembling slightly. He kept his eyes fixed on his feet, his eyebrows tightened above his eyelids. For any other person without autism, the sight of them like this would have been odd. But with Billy and his...malady, it wasn't so weird.

The temptation to go over to him and touch him was almost overbearing. He didn't deserve be going through all of those mixed-up emotions. But there was still that fear of what would happen if I had touched him. Would he have become violent? Would he have screamed at the top of his lungs?

I jumped in surprise as I heard a knock on the door. A couple of seconds later, there was another knock, and the door opened. In came a nurse, followed by a woman my age, with long, blonde hair and big, blue eyes. She wore a tight, black dress pants and a green top, under a black overcoat. It was an understatement to say she was "pretty." I immediately began pondering who she was.

"Hello," she said as she gave me a big, toothy smile.

"H-hi," I said as I watched the nurse leave. "Ummm... I don't really kno—"

"Oh! I'm sorry," she said. "My name Maddi. I work with Billy."

I furrowed by brow. "You're...a detective?"

"Yep," she said as she took her shield out of the inside pocket of her jacket. "C.P.D."

I looked at Billy, then back at Maddi. "Billy hasn't told me about you."

"Have you ever asked about the people he works with?" she asked.

". . . No," I said.

"Then that's why."

Maddi was already starting to get on my nerves. I began feeling the needless tinge of jealousy—even though I was the one who was dating Billy. Just all of a sudden, in came in this pretty blonde claiming to be Billy's co-worker.

"So...you work with Billy?" I asked.

". . . Uh... Yeah?"

"How close would you say you two wor—"

"I'm sorry, but, who are you?" Maddi asked.

"I'm Ali."

"Oh! Well, it's nice to meet you." Maddi reached across Billy and shook my hand. "But yeah, we work pretty closely. He and I hang out for lunch quite often. His partner and my partner don't get along, though. They have this...rivalry. I think they just like each other but don't know how to express it. But Billy and I get along perfectly."

She reached down and ran her fingers through his hair. I flinched, afraid that he was going to give her arm a good smack. But he didn't; he remained perfectly still as she stroked his hair.

"You're such a good guy, Billy," Maddi said. "You're so nice, and sweet... I wish all guys were like you."

Billy didn't respond. He didn't say anything or look at her.

"B...Billy?" she said. "Can... Can you hear me?"

"He's, uh... He's going through a little rough patch," I explained.

"Awww," she said as she sat on the edge of the bed. "What happened? Was it his mom?"

I looked at her quizzically. "How do you know about his mom?"

"Harry told me about her," she said. "The things she's done to him, when he was little... Poor thing."

I finally asked the question I'd been asking myself for some time: "Why don't you guys arrest her?"

"It's...complicated," Maddi replied.

"Un-complicate it," I said.

Maddi took some time to think. She bit her bottom lip as her left hand rested on his thigh. Then I saw it. I saw her slight infatuation with him. She had longing in her eyes. She wanted him...

"Well?" I demanded.

"He doesn't want us to," she said. "He doesn't want her to be arrested."

"Why?"

"I don't know," she answered, giving me a look. "I don't know... Nobody does. Not even Harry. But we respect it, because of what he's been through. The less he had to deal with it, the better."

"Yeah," I said. "His sisters raised him well."

"They're only six or seven years older than him, aren't they?"

"I believe so."

"Wow... Amazing." Maddi gave Billy's thigh a pat. "So, Ali, are you, like, his friend or—"

"I'm his girlfriend," I said.

"Oh."

She didn't even attempt to hide the disappointment in her voice, but she did try to keep up her smile. I actually felt bad for her. Billy was an amazing guy, and any girl would be lucky to have him.

I wanted to make her feel better, but I didn't know what to say. I watched as she subtly took her hand off his thigh.

"I... I'm sure he treats you well," she said.

"He does," I told her.

Silence. Dead, awkward silence. I wanted to ask Maddi how long she was planning on staying there, but I figured that'd be rude. She seemed like a very kind, sweet person. I had always thought female cops and detectives were cold, dominant women, but Maddi showed me a softer side to that.

"So... What do you do?" she asked.

"Like...my job?"

She nodded.

"Oh! Ha ha... I work at an art gallery," I said.

"I see," she said.

"That's actually where Billy and I met," I told her. "He was there, and we talked for a bit, and he seemed nice, so..."

It seemed obvious what happened next, so I stopped the sentence there.

"Aw, that's sweet," Maddi said with a smile. "My love life is been shit."

"Really? Why?"

"I just... I don't know what I'm looking for in a guy, y'know? I think I'd like a guy that's nice and sweet, but they're just so...rare. Especially in a place like Chicago."

"Just keep looking," I assured her. "You'll find the one."

-----------

Not much else happened between me and Maddi. We ate dinner together (although Billy wasn't hungry), then I watched Netflix while Maddi piddled on her phone.

It was around ten o' clock when Courtney and Jessie got back from their dinner.

"How was Bevette's?" I asked them as they walked in.

"The food was good," Jessie said.

"But the company was terrible," Courtney finished.

"Did your mom mention anything about...?"

"Not a word," Courtney said.

"It was like it never even happened," Jessie said. "I hate that about her. I hate the way she just brushes things off and forgets about them."

"Hi, guys," Maddi spoke up.

"Maddi!" Billy's sisters said together.

The three of them united in one big hug. It seemed Courtney and Jessie knew Maddi quite well. There was the obligatory "How are you?" and "How has everything been?" and so on.

"I was hoping I could stay here for the night," Maddi said. "Is... Is that okay?"

"Of course!" Courtney said.

"We would love that," Jessie said. "Although...we don't have much spots for you to sleep... Courtney and I sleep on the couch, and Ali sleeps on the bed with Billy."

Maddi gave me a coy look. "Ohhh... Good for you, huh?"

"Yyyep," I said, smiling. "Lucky me."

Maddi's eyes thoroughly swept the room. "Ooh! I can just sleep on this chair."

I was tempted to speak up and say that I could have slept on the chair, while Maddi could have slept on the couch, and either Courtney or Jessie could sleep with Billy. But, given the state he was in, I thought it would be best if remained there.

"Well, uh... Okay," Jessie said.

Soon it was bedtime. Maddi was the only one of us girls that didn't bring pajamas. Nevertheless, she actually looked pretty comfortable on the chair. I figured her job had trained her how to sleep in rough places. As Jessie shut the lights off, everything grew quiet. I had my back turned to Billy, and my gut was pressing against the bedrail. It was very uncomfortable, to say the least. Billy was still hunched over, and he still had his arms around him as if he was freezing to death.

Within an hour, everyone was asleep except for me and Billy. I didn't want to be asleep until my baby was. And it wasn't like I had to fight the temptation of sleep. The room was a little chilly, and I was pushed against the bedrail so much that my gut was becoming nearly unbearably sore. Maddi even seemed more comfortable than I was. I was just about ready to get up and sleep somewhere el—

"Ali...?" came Billy's soft voice.

Pure joy rushed through my body like a river. Billy was coming back! I twisted my head so I could look at him sitting beside me.

"Yeah, sweetie?" I said in an equally soft voice.

Billy paused. For a second, I dreaded that he had just shut me out again, but then he spoke. "I... I know this'll make me sound like a baby, but... Can... Can you hold me? . . . Please?"

My heart melted. He sounded so innocent and sweet that it just about made my entire body melt as well.

"Oh, Billy... Of course I can. Come here..." I rolled over to my other side so that I was facing him, and I put my arms out in front of me.

He slowly lie back down. As his shoulders touched my left arm, my right arm draped over his front side.

"That's it, sweetheart... There you go," I whispered as I planted a gentle kiss on his right cheek. "And you don't sound like a baby. But...you've never really gotten the chance to actually be a baby, have you?"

He nuzzled his head under my chin, he snuggled the rest of his body against me.

"I'm so sorry, Ali," he said, a slight sob in his voice. "I... I'm so sorry..."

"Hey, sweetheart... Shhh... It's okay, Billy. It's okay... You have nothing to be sorry about. Absolutely nothing."

"I never wanted to scream in front of you," he said. "I... I never wanted to—"

"Billy," I said. "It's okay. I have loved you no less since your mom was here. You had every right to be mad at her."

He began stammering. "I... I just... She... It's just... I..."

"Do you wanna talk about it?" I asked.

It took a moment for him to think, then he nodded. "It's just... I always feel so...powerless when I'm around her. I... I always try to prove to her that I am worthwhile. I... I try to show her that I'm not just a stupid mistake she made."

"Billy," I said, "you have shown her. You have proven to her that you are worthwhile. She... She just refuses to see it, and there's nothing you can do about that. That's her own fault. That's her loss. "

Billy cuddled up to me even closer. "It's just... Before I met you, I always felt so...lonely."

"Sweetie, I... I always want to be there for you. I want to be that constant, that you can always come back to whenever things seem to be going downhill for you. That's how much you mean to me. You bring so much light into my life. You—"

"No," he said. "I... I'm just some big jerk."

"Billy, you are the kindest, sweetest, most gentle person I have ever met. Okay?"

He remained silent.

"Okay?"

He nodded.

"Okay. I... There's something I wanted to ask you," I said.

"Uh... All right. What is it?"

"Okay... I know this might be a big surprise for you, so it's perfectly fine if you say no. All right?"

"I won't say no," Billy said.

"Listen to what I have to ask first," I told him. "I... I know we've only been together for a few months, but... I think we should start living together."

Billy's eyes went wide as he gawked at me. "L-live together?"

"I know it's a big step, and like I said, it's perfectly fine if you don't—"

"Ali, I... I would love that," he said. "I just... Where would we live?"

"Well, I think it'd be easier on you if I...moved in with you," I said.

A big natural smile was now on Billy's face. "That... That sounds great, Ali! I..."

"You don't have to make your decision right now," I told him. "Wait until we get you home, all right?"

"O-okay."

I held him even closer to me, if that was even possible. "I'm ready to clock in. Want me to guide you to sleep?"

"No, thanks," he said.

"You sure? I know how much you love it when I whisper in your ear and give lots of goosebumps."

"Yeah, just... Not tonight."

"All right. Sweet dreams, Billy."

-----------

The next morning, one of the nurses actually caught me sleeping with Billy. I didn't get much punishment other than a small reprimand. I wanted to argue with her and tell her that there was nowhere else to sleep and that he was my boyfriend, but I figured it was better not to.

The doctor came in and told us that Billy was being discharged later that day. After breakfast, Billy, Courtney, and Jessie began filling out the discharge papers. Maddi was still there, though I didn't even know why. I didn't want to ask her and risk sounding rude. I knew she was there only to support him.

Billy hated very few things. One of those things was paperwork. Courtney and Jessie had to work hard to keep him motivated to get through it.

"Sweetie, you can stay at my place for a few days," I told him.

"That sounds good," he mumbled, his eyes glued to the abundance of papers around him.

"Why can't you just take him to his place?" Maddi asked.

"I don't know," I said. I turned to Billy. "Billy, would you rather go to your place instead?"

'No, we can go to your house," he said, though he didn't sound very firm.

"I was hoping he could stay with either me or Jess," Courtney said.

"I don't think Ricky would want Billy at our place," said Jessie.

"Who's Ricky?" I asked.

"My fiancé."

"O-oh! I didn't, uh... I didn't know you were—"

"It's fine, Ali," Jessie said. "It's fine."

"Court, you could stay with me at Ali's place," Billy suggested.

Courtney raised her eyebrows in surprise. She immediately looked at me. "Is... Is that okay, Ali? I don't want to intrude or anything..."

"No, you won't be. I'd be glad to have you," I said, even though I was disappointed that I'd have to wait even longer before I had Billy all to myself.

"Perfect," said Courtney.

"Hey, Billy," Maddi said, looking up from her phone.

"Yeah?"

"Harry just texted me. He told me he's throwing you a part in a couple days."

"Oh. Cool. Where?"

"He's thinking his place. Either that or a bar. But he probably knows you aren't too big a fan of bars, so probably his house."

"Did he say Ali can come?"

"I... I bet she can. I'll ask him." She returned to her phone.

-----------

A few hours later, I was pushing Billy out of the hospital in his wheelchair. He had on regular clothes. As the winter sun hit his skin, I noticed how pale he was. He was also a lot skinnier.

Courtney, Jessie, and Maddi followed. As they approached their respective cars, I crossed the parking lot to mine.

"So glad I'm not using the crutches," he said.

"I'm glad, too," I said.

I parked him next to my car so I could open the door to the backseat. He quite expertly stood up from the wheelchair on one foot and pivoted so that his rear was facing the seat to the car. He slowly sat down, then brought his legs in.

I heard him close the door as I began folding the wheelchair. I put it in the trunk, then put my laptop and his Green Lantern omnibus in the passenger seat. Finally, I got in the car.

"Ready, sweetie?" I asked as I turned on the ignition.

"Yep," he said,

"We'll have to stop at your house and pack a few things."

"Okay."

I looked back at him to make sure everything was in order. Then, I backed out of the parking lot, and we were on our way.

Courtney got to Billy's house before we did. Judging by the front door being opened, I guessed that she was already inside.

"Do you wanna go in with me?" I asked.

"No, I trust you," Billy said. "I'm pretty sure Court knows where everything is anyway."

I got out of the car and walked into his house. I immediately went over to Billy's bedroom, and sure enough, Courtney was in there, putting Billy's clothes in a suitcase.

"It's just for four or five days," I said, giggling.

Courtney looked at me, then returned her attention to packing. "I know. Just being safe."

She went to the bathroom and got his toothbrush and toothpaste, and his shampoo and body wash.

"I've always been jealous how clean his house is," Courtney said. "It's just...so nice."

"I know," I said. "My place isn't too bad, but it's definitely as clean as this."

Courtney put the things she got out of the bathroom into the suitcase, then zipped it up. "Again, I hope I won't be intruding by staying with you and—"

"Don't worry," I told her. "I think Billy will love it that you can be with him."

"You and I are probably the women he loves the most," Courtney said.

"And Jessie, too, right?"

"Yeah, but... I don't know... He's always seemed to favor me. He loves Jessie very much, but...he always seemed to love me more. Oh well. Everyone that has more than one sibling always favors one over the others."

Courtney pulled the suitcase out of the house and into her car.

When we got to myself, a little thrill built up in my throat and rushed down my body. We helped Billy inside, then lay him on the couch. He put his left leg on the armrest, elevating his foot just above his heart.

12