A Stalker vs. A Serial Killer 01 Ch. 02

Story Info
Rachel begins to fall for Jacob while the killer hunts.
8k words
4.73
7.2k
13

Part 2 of the 9 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 03/12/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Close calls and unexpected discoveries.

Single mother Rachel Pierson was working in diner when she met a man who claimed to be a construction superviser. He had been funny and charming and smart and promised to return the next day. He didn't return again for eight months. When he did he began stalking her, terrifying the woman. After nearly two weeks of being stalked a Serial Killer who had been working his way down he west coast targeted her and only her stalkers timely arrival saved her life.

Turned out that her stalker hadn't worked construction. He was a former Marine turned undercover cop who had been seriously hurt while undercover. He had barely survived the brain surgery and when he came out of it, his only memories of his recent like, were her. With nowhere to go, Rachel agreed to stay with Jacob, her former Stalker turned protector.

Disclaimer.

This series shows disturbing scenes of violence done to both men and women, a young woman being stalked and insights into the demented mind of a Serial Killer. You have been warned. If this type of thing is not your "cup of tea" turn back now, for those brave enough to venture in, welcome and we hope you enjoy.

~{Part 3}~

Phone calls.

Rachel woke up the next morning and had to remind herself where she was. She looked around at the strange purple covered room and thought hard on where she was and why she was here. Then it came back to her, Jacob. She was in Jacob's house. After weeks of this man being everywhere she turned she had a moment of blind panic at this revelation.

Then she remembered the man in the dark sweatshirt and the knife. She remembered Jacob busting through her window to stop him. She remembered Jacob's head injury and the fact that he was a retired police officer. She remembered why he had become obsessed with her, how good he had been with Lily and the fact that underneath all the strange nervousness Jake was a great guy.

She rolled out of bed and padded across the floor on her bare feet. Jake's nieces room was empty, and so was Jacob's. She tried not to panic, not to think Jacob had done something with Lily, but she raced downstairs with the fear in her heart anyway. When she got downstairs she noticed the unmistakable smell of pancakes and walked quickly into the kitchen.

Lily was sitting at the table playing with her new teddy bear and Jacob stood behind the stone cooking. Instantly she began to hate herself for thinking he would hurt them. Jacob brought around two plates of food and laid them on the table. One for Lily and the other next to her, for her. On the plate was pancakes, hash browns, three scrambled eggs, toast and coffee

Rachel slid into her seat next to Lily, looked down at the plate and then up at Jacob. Jacob smiled and nodded to the food. "It comes back to the food too doesn't it Jake?"

"...I..." He sighed and reached for the plate. "I...can make you something else. Sorry..."

"No!" Rachel reached out and grasped his wrist as he started to pull the plate away. "Please, you don't have to be so edgy Jake. I am just trying to understand."

"I like Pancakes." Lily said happily. "Do you have any Bacon Jacob?"

"Be careful of the bear." Jacob said firmly as she came close to dipping it's leg in the syrup.

"Oh...Sorry!" Lily looked down at the bear and shook her finger at it and said seriously. "Bad bear! No Syrup for you."

Jacob actually smiled and then nodded. "Bacon, coming up."

As Jacob made the bacon Rachel ate her breakfast. She was about finished with her plate when she looked over at Jacob. Her tone was serious, but she did her best to hide the fear. "Any word on our friend in the sweatshirt?"

"...No." He answered. "I called Carl when I woke up but all they found was broken glass. No shoe prints. Nothing."

"I am not sure I want to go home." Rachel whispered in fear.

"We can stay with Jacob?!" Lily cried with a mouthful of eggs. "YAY!"

"I never said that!" Rachel snapped at her daughter and then blushed. "He probably doesn't want some kid staying with him sweetheart."

"I don't mind having Lily around." Jake said with a shrug.

Rachel looked from her daughter to her former stalker and then something hit her. A thought she never considered before. "Jake!"

"Hmm?" He answered looking down at the pan.

"This is important Jake." Rachel insisted. "Did I ever mention Lily during your first breakfast?"

"...I...don't think so." Jake said. "I would remember you talking about some brat."

"...hey!" Lily said unhappily.

"It's okay honey, he doesn't mean it." Rachel said staring at Jacob. "Jake don't you see! Your being nice to Lily...not because of your memory but because you like her being around!"

"...I am?" He asked surprised.

"He likes me?" Lily asked with a giggle.

"Yes baby!" Rachel said happily. "He genuinely likes you."

"Is...that important?" Jacob asked shyly.

"...More then you know Jake." Rachel whispered. "More...then you know."

Jacob brought the bacon and set some on Lily's plate and then Rachel's. Rachel noticed that both times, he served Lily first. He wasn't as obsessed anymore, if he was he would have focused solely on Rachel.

"School." Lily said happily after she finished her bacon.

Rachel looked at Jacob and bit her lip. "...Is it safe? My new friend, you know his pattern."

Jacob looked from Rachel to Lily and seemed to be thinking. "...i could stay?" He offered. "If you don't think that's overstepping...and then bring her back here."

"...you'd do that?" Rachel asked.

"Of course." Jake answered. "In return do not leave this house. You stay where you belong."

"Belong?" Rachel teased with a lifted brow.

"You know what I mean!" Jake snapped and blushed. "Come on Lil, let's go to school."

Lily giggled and sang a made up song about Jacob taking her to school all the way to the car. She watched through the window as they pulled away and then went and looked around the house. She knew she should trust him, but he had stalked her after all. She didn't find any weird shrines to her or human bones. She found pictures of him in high school, pictures of his sister and his niece and his parents. All in all he had a normal house.

She had been snooping two hours when she heard her cell phone ring. She ran upstairs and looked down to find a private number. She flipped open the pink flip phone and lifted it to her ear, braced on her shoulder. "Hello."

"Rachel Pierson." A male voice seemed to purr. "Mother of one miss...Lily Pierson?"

"Yes, is my daughter okay." Rachel asked.

"This is Ryan Millerson from the Folsom-Cordova united school district and we have a bit of a problem." The man said.

"Is my daughter okay?" She repeated a bit more frantically.

"That is our problem." Ryan said smoothly. "You see we have two Lily Pierson's with mothers named Rachel in our school district. Can you please verify which school your daughter attends?"

"I don't see what this has to do with anything." Rachel whispered unsure suddenly.

"Miss Pierson, we cannot reveal the details of what has happened unless we know we have the right parent. WE only need to know the school so we know if we called the right Rachel." He reassured her.

Rachel licked her lips and then whispered. "Huntington elementary school. She is in Kindergarten."

"You look beautiful when you sleep." The man purred. "Did you know that?"

"Oh god..." She gasped. "Why are you doing this!?"

"You turned down my gift." The man explained. "All I want to do is show the world how beautiful you can be after I paint you."

"Leave us alone!" Rachel screamed into the phone.

"I will give you a choice Rachel." 'Ryan' purred.

"Please leave us alone!" Rachel pleaded.

"...You come to me right now or I will take your daughter." He offered.

"You won't touch Lily!" Rachel screamed.

"Wrong choice" he whispered and then she heard a dial tone.

She began to panic and began to run around the house looking for a way to call Jacob when he didn't find one, she called the school.

"Huntington Elementary." A receptionist said.

"This is Rachel Pierson, Lily Pierson's mother." Rachel began but the receptionist cut her off.

"Ah, Ms. Pierson. I was just talking to your friend Jacob." She said.

"JACOB! He's there? I need to to talk to him, it's a emergency." Rachel said in a panic. The next thing she knew Jacob's strong voice was on the phone. "JAKE! He called me! He's coming for Lily!"

"What do you mean he called you? Who? Her father?" Jacob asked, confused.

"NO! The man from last night dammit! He's coming for my daughter Jake! Please don't let him!" Rachel Pleaded and then yelled. "Jacob, HE'S COMING NOW!"

She heard the phone hit the counter and then the receptionist picked it up. Rachel explained that he was a former police officer and that he was taking Lily out of school. The receptionist however refused to allow them to leave until the police arrived and verified it all.

An hour later Jacob walked in with Lily. The little blond ran to her mother and hugged her. Then Rachel did something she never thought she would do. She ran to Jacob and hugged him. Her hands gripped his shirt and held on. "He called me Jake. Oh god, he won't stop will he?"

"He won't hurt you." Jacob promised.

"Yeah mommy!" Lily added. "Jacob ran into my class room and picked me up. He didn't let me go until he put me in the car."

"The whole time you waited for the police?" She asked her daughter.

"Nope! He wouldn't even let my teacher near me." Lily added and then giggled. "I don't like Mr. Klein anyway!"

The police and the big man in the suit questioned her again before leaving. She stayed close to Jacob the rest of the day. He didn't seem to mind, but she noticed he seemed more nervous then before. He didn't talk much. He was just beginning to make them dinner when her phone rang again. Jacob's eyes shot to her.

She lifted the phone to her ear and answered. "Hello?" Her voice was unsure, scared even.

"Put the hero on the phone." It was him, she knew the voice and the tremble of rage was hinted at as he spoke.

Jacob had grabbed the phone and hit the speaker button. He listened for a long time and then whispered. "I won't let you hurt them."

"You're one to talk champ." The man said softly. "I recognized you when I saw you with Lily. You have been stalking them. Scaring them. And you think your better then me? You think they are safer with some psycho stalker?"

"You know the difference between us?" Jacob asked and didn't know that Rachel was staring at him.

"What is that?" 'Ryan' asked him mockingly.

"The difference is in another life, before all of this I could have taken her to dinner. I could have been good to them. I could have loved them and all you want to do is hurt them." Jacob hissed.

"Yes, and look at you now." The man taunted. "She would never want you. Not someone like you. You blew it hero. You cannot be good to her now. You cannot love her now. What would she want with a freak like you?"

The dial tone followed this statement and Jacob stared at the phone a moment then handed it back to Rachel, but didn't look at her. "...do you thin you can make dinner and not screw it up?" He asked harshly.

"Jacob you can't listen to him!" Rachel pleaded and behind her Lily hugged the white teddy bear tight to her. "He's just trying to hurt you!"

"He told me the truth." He answered sadly. "Goodnight."

She wanted to say something, anything but he walked up the stairs and she heard his door close. She made Lily dinner and ate, but kept thinking about what he had said. In another life. She put Lily to bed and when Lily asked why Jacob wasn't saying goodnight to her she couldn't answer. She returned to her bed and cried.

Why did life have to be so cruel to such a good guy?

~{Part 4}~

Dreams, unexpected actions and love.

She slipped off to sleep and in her dream Jacob hadn't taken Lily to school. She had been to afraid and refused. The faceless man had gotten to her school before she could get there. Lily had been taken. During that dream she lived the day without her and got the news that they found her body. Rachel woke up with a breathless attempt to scream and in a cold sweat.

If you asked her why she got up, she couldn't have told you. All she knew was that she found herself standing at Jacob's door and gently pushed it open. Jacob was asleep on his side and she noticed immediately that he was far more muscular then she had given him credit for, but it was a tight muscular. His chest and arms were rock solid and curved and his stomach flat and hard as a wash board.

Around his neck hung a pair of military dog tags. So had been right about the boots. They were military issue. Rachel walked across the wooden floor and slid beneath his covers. She reached a hand up and cupped the two pieces of metal in her palm.

"Lawrence

Jacob J AB+

xxx xx xxxx

USMC L

Catholic."

"You were a Marine." She whispered softly.

Feeling the weight change as she moved back a bit caused his eyes to snap open and he looked up at her. "Rachel..."

"Shhh..." She said softly. "I had a dream that you didn't get to Lily in time. She died, will you please let me stay?"

"...yes." He said simply and she laid down next to the big man. Rachel found that she couldn't stop shaking and he whispered into the darkness. "Come here."

Rachel saw the shadow of his arms open and hesitated. She didn't want to lead him on, but she truly needed to be comforted at that moment so with a little nod she slid to the side and into his arms. Rachel said nothing, but she pulled his arms around her tighter.

After a short time his deep breathing told her that he was sleeping so she wiggled and turned until she was facing him and stared up into his sleeping face. Even though she only weighted a little over a hundred pounds she always felt ten feet tall and bullet proof, but as she laid in his arms she felt so tiny and even though he had scared her so deeply all of this had happened she found she felt completely safe lying there. She knew without a doubt Jacob would always protect her and Lily.

Without knowing why she did it, she leaned up and pressed her full, thick lips to his own. For a time there was nothing but silence as she softly kissed him then his eyes once again snapped open and he pushed her shoulders. "Stop..." He pleaded.

"Jacob wait..." She whispered her lips inches from his own.

"Rachel..." His voice was thick and tears began to form in his eyes. "Please don't. Your upset...please don't...after I fuck you won't give a shit. You'll run away like..."

His eyes narrowed and she reached a hand up and brushed his hair back from his forehead. "Remember. Take your time...i want to hear this. Please?"

The big man closed his eyes and took in a deep breath. After nearly a full minute of silence he whispered. "You don't know...what that means to me now Rachel. You...doing that. Tomorrow when you recoil from me it will hurt so much. So just...please don't."

"Jacob." She made him look at her and added. "I am done recoiling."

She kissed him again as gently as the first time but this time he didn't push her away. His arms pulled her tighter and she parted her lips and felt his tongue gently slid into her mouth. His hands ran through her long fiery hair and she found she liked the feeling of his fingers gently unknotting the tangles. She slid her lips down from his own and began to gently kiss his throat. When he let out a deep throated moan she shivered and felt the panties beneath her silk shirt begin to moisten. Something about that sound, it was the sexiest thing she had ever heard.

"Oh god...your so sexy." She whispered and pushed the covers down slightly, kissing the flesh of his chest.

"So beautiful." He whispered and she could hear his breath coming in ragged pants now. "Your so beautiful Rachel."

"How could I have ever been afraid of you?" She asked in disbelief.

A little moan left her when he leaned down and kissed her. She knew those words meant so much to him. The force, passion and need in that kiss brought out the kind of moan she never thought she would utter again. A moan of primal need. The moan of a woman. A moan she hadn't moaned in six years.

When he began to pull up her shirt she didn't resist him at all. The shirt came off her head and her wealth of fire red hair fell down over her exposed breasts. She sat there, staring at him as his eyes drank in her body. She saw it in his eyes, how beautiful she was. How sexy and seductive. "Show me Jake."

"...Show you what?" He asked. "How to get fucked?"

"Shh." She insisted, not holding his outbursts against him. "Show me Jacob Lawrence. Show me...the man who wanted to take me out. Jake...show me the man who was stolen from me."

"Stolen?" Jacob asked confused.

"Eight months Jake. Eight months I could have been safe in these arms." She whispered in dismay. "i want to meet the man fate stole from me."

"...What if he is gone?" Jacob asked in horror and pain. "He's gone."

"He's not gone Jake." She whispered and leaned down kissing his chest with the most gentle kisses that her lips barely touched his flesh. "He's been waiting."

"Waiting?" Jacob asked in a whisper.

"For me." She finished and smiled. "He's still in there waiting for me."

Her plead, so heart felt was all he needed. His eyes softly closed as he focused. His hands began to run up and down her smooth stomach and down her sides to the lines of her panties and down her thigh. It then came back up and slid along her side and along the outer curve of her breast then up her shoulder and throat. That hand traveled into her hair and took a handful of the wealth of fiery red.

Her eyes widened with surprise and pleasure as he pulled her down ever so gently by the hair and kissed her. This wasn't like the other kisses, this one was so much softer. Though his mouth opened with each kiss his tongue never came out. He just kissed her, gently, lovingly over and over again.

When he pulled back again his eyes were open and he stared into her shocked and wonder filled eyes. She blew out a deep unsteady breath. "Wow." Was all she could say.

"Did...you like?" Jacob asked unsure.

"You...he...wow." She was at a total loss for words as she looked down at him panting. "That was amazing Jake."

Rachel laid her head down on his chest and felt him tighten his arms around her. She didn't look up again. Even after she was sure he was asleep. She didn't dare let him see the tears streaming down her face.

What she didn't know however was that Jacob Lawrence was awake and heard her sobbing softly and felt her wet tears hitting his bare chest. Heard her whisper. "Damn you. Damn you for taking him. That was...heaven."

That kiss and the way he had done it, had been like heaven for her. When she finally did stop crying and chance a look up at his face, he was smiling in his sleep. She took pride in that at least. She did that.

~{Part 5}~

A fraction of a second and the point of no return.

Rachel woke up the following morning once again alone. She stretched much like a cat and then slid from Jacob's bed. She hurried into her room before Lily could see her and changed underwear and slid on a pair of jeans then started down the hallway.

Lily's room was empty but this time she felt no blind panic or fear. She smiled and walked down the stairs and passed through the living room and found Lily seated at the table chewing a mouthful of french toast. Jacob's former partner Carl was seated next to her. When Carl saw Rachel he quickly and quietly slid from his chair and met her in the living room.