A Stitch in Time Saves Nine Ch. 00

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Everyone knew he had a secret girlfriend who was a cheerleader, although no one found out who was. Of He had insisted that they keep it a secret to protect her image. One of his jobs was to be her private tutor that was how they had bonded. His death shattered her; she knew what had really happened. Driven by anger she drove to Shinoko's house, he was drunk apparently killing a man had knocked some sort of sense into him but not enough as she learned when the conversation heated up. She had hit his ego by refusing to be in a relationship with him and instead choosing the scrawny nerd. He had it enough when she called him out for who he was, he lost it, he man handled her, he forced himself upon her, he raped her and he passed out, she escaped. He didn't even remember what he did or that they had had a conversation that was how drunk he was.

The next morning she was a bitch driven by vengeance, she would whore herself out so that her father would take over a rival as CEO, a position he always wanted but would never have gotten Allagi being a family run business. This was the only way her father would leave the state. When she would meet Shinoko in college he was a changed man, he may not remember what he did to her but the knowledge that alcohol erased all the limits he wouldn't cross when in his senses; this knowledge was enough to keep him away from alcohol. He was drunk when he killed her boyfriend, he was drunk when he raped her, he would be drunk when he would confess raping a girl and still not being able to recall her face, he would rape her again that night only she was emotionally to drained to resist his advances so even he didn't realize what he was doing, after all she had been pondering sparing him but that night would remind her he didn't deserve it.

Shinoko Allagi would die passing on all he owned to her through his last will and testament. Sakura Chang would be appointed the next CEO, with the Genesis' director providing the vote of confidence she needed. She would stabilize Allagi, through investment obtained by selling her stake in Allagi. In public eye it would appear as if she couldn't bear to own the legacy of the dishonest man she loved, but she couldn't abandon Allagi and do injustice to all those who depended on the corporation for earning their living. With Allagi stabilized she would have no reason to keep herself together and she would breakdown at the following AGM, she would resign, she would buy an island and build a mansion and move there handing over the responsibility of handling her assets to an asset manager, the income would pay the manager and all the expenditure her retirement incurred and she would disappear.

What no one involved in the rise and fall of Allagi knew that fate had other plans. By taking the risk of not knowing what the consignment was Sakura Chang had made a huge mistake.

NEWS Channel

Corporate NEWS Division

Ms Jehanna Elani had finally got the opportunity, she had been looking for an opportunity for some years now and she had finally found one. The military had tried to cover up the disaster at the Allagi Space Foundation Particle Hyper-Accelerator but a contact had leaked her report evidently his civilian brother had lost a lot of money invested in Allagi stocks, he had gotten her the rough copy of the report his CO was to submit. As per the report the Chief Science Officer at the Particle Hyper-Accelerator had known that the latest experiment wasn't what it looked like, it was actually a ploy to open up a rift to a corner of the universe nobody knew as of yet the motive for opening the rift but one thing was known that something came from the rift, a rock, properties unknown. The rock came from the rift and the rift collapsed immediately after but the delay in shutting of the particle collision sequence resulted in the collision of particles with the rocks particles and that resulted in the blast that destroyed the Particle Hyper-Accelerator Facility. That's all the military unit investigating the ruins of the facility was able to construct from the evidence they found, the CO regretted not being able to find any solid evidence implicating the CSO, only circumstantial, although undeniable without reasonable doubt.

The rock was enclosed in a protective security safe box cased with materials to stop the radiation from leaking. The rock did emit radiation of lethal nature but as with most things about it, the radiation was unidentifiable. The box was labeled as The Consignment on official documents and was to be transported to the only remaining person qualified to safely research the rock, the CSO's second in command. Of course the CSO was MIA since the blast.

The Driver of the fated truck had been paid in full before the job just in case anything went wrong; he was supposed to drive off the road while driving downhill. The cab was watertight and so was the container. Each had a mechanism that would separate it from the driving mechanism when the time would come, and on separation an inflatable floatation system would activate. The container would travel miles before sinking while he would land on a bank in the dead of the night and use the given vial to fake a near death experience. His official statement would say that the trucks brakes failed, he tried to go left to crash the truck but a car came suddenly forcing him into a sudden right off the road down the Cliffside, and he instinctively abandoned ship midair to have some hope of survival.

If something went wrong he would die of course but what choice did he have his kid needed a transplant; however the money he needed could not be earned another way so his death won't matter as long as his kid survived

My mom was still the Managing Director of the group however the strides I had made in the mining division meant that I was almost ready to take over the Mining Division of Stark Group. Dad's military contacts had put me on an elite list of people who were competing to sign with the famed Genesis Corporation. I had made some arrangements at the countryside farmhouse owned by the company. I had decided to drive myself through the Shi No Tani mountain range, would help keep a clear head. It had been raining heavily over the past few days but the weather had been predicted to stay clear, although there was a chance it would rain so it made driving a bit rough but it wasn't something I couldn't handle, because I had done it. I had driven across a few days ago, made the final preparations, presented then the deal we were to put on table what all we offered them in return for getting the contract, we had concluded the negotiations and signed a pre-contract. They had taken a chopper to return to the Henka Suru Airport while I had decided to stay overnight and celebrate with my team that had reached before me via ferry enroute through a rental. We partied like there was no tomorrow. I decided to drive back the same route confident on having completed the onward lap without a hitch.

The geography of Shi no Tani mountain range was difficult to navigate, it was more of a cluster of hillocks than a mountain range. A few could be tunneled rest had roads circling around the hillock. It was easy to enter and exit the cluster but travelling through it was the challenge since most of the hillocks that were tunneled through lay on the outskirts of the cluster. The most dangerous of all was the road passing through Yami Shi Hillock, and in such weather it would have been easier to die if it wasn't for the river passing through this cluster of hillocks. It was a strange geography that could be explained only by a legend it appears as if the origin this river was a glacier that once rose over some humongous mountains but a meteor struck the glacier creating a crater that over time became the lake where the river originated. The lake stayed frozen through the winter, when the icecaps melted in summer the lake filled the river while the region of Shi no Tani lay a few hundred miles from those mountains this did not gave the river any room to allow it to dry out in any season since the Shi no Tani was a region of nature's magnificence since it separated the city of Henka Suru from the evergreen Seikatsu Forest. Shi no Tani also split the Soururodo River into several distributaries with the main continuing on towards the sea with Tamashi Kyaria Distributary being one among them.

The rains had set the scene for fate to do its work; lady fate looked upon the stage to glance at her work one last time. The props were all in place it was going to be a beautiful scene. The audience would surely find it all fascinating. She couldn't keep it in herself to be patient to see the mouths that would be left agape.

She watched as the characters entered the scene and set the scene in motion. A squirrel raced through the branch of the tree she had just climbed and as she jumped to the branch the next tree the branch she had jumped from gave away and fell it landed on a rock the impact causing the fruit it carried to bounce away from it and fly down a burrow hitting a few small rocks on the way and landing on a medium sized rock displacing each enough to cause disaster.

I had started when the after effects of the hangover cleared and had covered the easy stretch already. All it would take was five minutes and I would be effectively clear of danger. Looking back now it's easy to question if it wasn't for those fateful moments how would things be and if given a chance will I change my route or travel date or anything to avoid it, easy question to answer it would seem given what you are about to read. Right? Won't be so easy when you have read on beyond that.

I arrived at the turn, observing a truck coming in the opposite lane when suddenly out of the corner of my eye I saw a rock coming towards my car about to crash into my car. And time slowed to a trot for me. I veered right in an attempt to avoid it but ended up crashing into the divider, unknowingly while veering the wheel I had also hit the gas pedal hard and thus was the crash propelled me forward. The seatbelt should have stopped my momentum but another rock a smaller one came through the window and it cut through the belt with its razor sharp edge, thus I was propelled forward with some force through the windshield.

The driver was at the turn. It was time. He veered right and hit the gas pedal hard simultaneously, time slowed down to a trot for him and he was shocked to see a man had been hurled from his seat and through the windshield and was lying straight at the truck. He knew the plan had gone to shit. Thankfully the car won't be in a way and his turn would be avoiding the car with a small margin but the intention was always corporate espionage not take a man's life, little did he know back then he would be the one saving his life not taking it.

Hurled from my seat I watched out for something anything to grab to stop my momentum. I saw the exhaust pipe emerging over the roof of the cab of the truck nothing but a decorative element in modern trucks to keep the style of truckers. I grabbed on to it but couldn't hold on thankfully though my momentum had lessened enough for me to land on the containers grabbing on to its bars I held on for my dear life as it broke through the divider, crashing through the fence and plummeting off the cliff and into the river. The stopping power of the impact of truck hitting the surface of the water knocked me out and combined with the fear that I was going to drown and could do nothing about it caused me to surrender myself to unconsciousness and blacked out.

I felt getting dragged into my subconscious, wait what? How? Unless?! Of course! I turned around and indeed it was there. I had heard speculations. What happens after we die? It seemed as if now that question would be answered. Things started to come into focus. I was sitting in a dark room. The room in itself looked like a massive control room with so many screens that I couldn't even count them all. Each screen had three lights, RGB, the usual scheme. I hit an arrow in the dark and assumed that red signified stopped, blue signified automatic, and green signified manual, god knows if I hit the target. Currently only one screen was on green and it was showing my life in a fast forward, the weird thing was that I was able to catch each and every frame as if I was living it. Life Review.

I also noticed that the cable of sorts connected the lower end of the back of my neck to what seemed like the CPU of the control room. It would be appropriate to call the cable my astral link and the CPU to be my brain since I figured my soul resided in a part of my brain.

Slowly the screen started to fade and eventually went blank. I turned to see the link had started to dematerialize, I knew it then and there the end was near. But suddenly it materialized as solid as ever and then grew hot glowing red, any more and the link would start to melt. I glanced at the CPU and it exploded hurling my consciousness into the realm of unconsciousness.

The cab had separated from the trailer and sealed itself like a capsule, shortly after the truck hit the water. The driver knew that there was nothing that the driver could do about the guy on the roof of the container. Hopefully the weight of the container would mean it'd move much slower through the flotation mechanism, probably allowing the man to stay on instead of fall off.

Henka Suru Military Base

Night Watch Naomi Himura was in full panic mode, that's how bad the news was. Her CO won't be pleased seeing her the way she was, but when she relayed what she was about to it was hard to see how she could possibly quell her panic. She ran through the corridors past cadets with each wondering what had happened that could instill panic in the ice queen's protégée. She arrived at Base Commander's resting quarters and immediately entered the emergency code. A loud alarm blared in the ice queen's room and woke her up. The seconds that passed between the alarm being sounded, the door opening and Naomi rushing in were enough for Tashigi Sakazuki's training to kick in. She bolted upright and calmly offered her hand asking for the report. The moment the report registered in her brain all the composure dissipated giving way to panic. On an autopilot she raced through the corridors of the base to the control room with Naomi tailing her. No sooner than she looked on the screen did the horror actually registered. The only word that escaped her mouth was," How?" after all the Ice Queen was mortified about the dire situation they found themselves in.

Shi no Tani was Gone!!!!! As per the top notch military grade equipment's sensor it was as if it had never existed!!!!!

Genesis Corporation

Headquarters

A video call was in progress....

The man at the HQ had just answered the video call he had received on the Urgent Server.

"Lord GrandMaester I bring news regarding a grave setback we have suffered" said the caller

"Taking into account that the call has been placed following the absolute urgency protocols, should I assume that you cannot handle this 'setback' as you call it whatever it is, be very careful in phrasing your reply. You know I hate such conversations."

"Lord GrandMaester steps are being taken as we speak to try and resolve this setback and get things back on track but you need to hear out the situation because you yourself will realize how dire things seem at present. " The caller paused holding his breath and hoping for few moments to pass without any reply and he breathed a sigh of relief when they passed. He continued," I am afraid that the consignment cannot be recovered since it was destroyed in a freak accident."

"Impossible" roared the one being called Lord GrandMaester

"I do not know what exactly happened but what I know is there seems to be a survivor and a squad has been dispatched to recover him."

"It is not possible if the unobtanium was destroyed than the blast has to be significant and no being from these parts of universe can survive the kind of energy unobtanium decay produces."

"It is beyond me too Lord GrandMaester, however your plans may not have really been set back, we might yet manage through improvisation. However I am not sure if we can I need some time and some resources to be sure before I can start modifying your plan, of course with your guidance."

"None of this makes any sense to me. Take the time you need. The resources shall be arranged. I am unable to see what else we can do."

The caller bowed before ending the call. It was a dire situation indeed, and no matter which angle it was looked from none of it made sense however they were dealing with forces beyond their ken so there was only so much they could plan for. The reason he was alive and breathing was that his master understood this and knew that unnecessary rage would complicate things instead of solving it. He was well aware that things hadn't panned as per the plan, not because of a mistake they had made but because they couldn't have planned to avoid what had happened. And in that moment he could only loathe the man who survived the blast despite being right above its origin source. He had decided Paul Stark would either dance to his tunes or would be terminated.

12