A Study In Sepia: Blameless

Story Info
There are some things Paige would sonner forget.
1k words
3.33
4k
00

Part 2 of the 2 part series

Updated 08/31/2017
Created 03/03/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Blameless

"I am only going to tell you all of this once. Do you understand? I will not pause to allow you time to process, and I will not stop or allow you to ask questions. Understand that this is not a back and forth. It just is. What I will tell you here is not my rule, but Sir's rule. And you will either live by Sir's rule, or you will die.

"First. Always remember that it is your fault that you are here. It was your choice to put yourself out there and to make yourself appealing to the Monster that is Sir. It is you who sought a way to attract his attentions to yourself and to become his most ideal object of affections--For a moment in time, at least. So it stands, if anything were to go wrong, if ever it is made up in Sir's mind to be rid of you, then you have no one else to blame but yourself.

"Second. Make yourself useful. If you lose your usefulness, you lose your purpose. If you lose your purpose, you lose your life. And no matter how busy you may become, make yourself available to Sir at all times.

"Third. Sir approves of the color black. That's how it's always been, and how it forever will be. It is a color that is best associated with power, elegance, formality, evil, death and mystery. It is simplistic, unflamboyant, conservative and professional. It is also Sir's favorite color. If you must wear any color at all, wear red. But then, I suppose you already knew that, didn't you?"

A sigh.

"Right. On to the Forth thing. Your opinion does not matter. Do you understand that? Do you truly understand what I mean by that? A simple nod if you understand will suffice. Now that you are here, you are no longer the person you once were. In fact, it would be best if you went ahead and forgot all of who you were before you entered here. Who you once were is no longer your concern. Here you will be given a new epithet and will be expected to answer to it at all times." A pause, "No. No, put that away. I care naught for the contentse of your purse, put them away. No, better yet, give them to me. All of them. As of now you no longer have any use for them.

"Hmm, and be reminded that being contrite is not enough to spare you a sound thrashing if ever you find it within yourself to go against the grain here. Speak only when you are addressed, and I doubt you will have any problem with that. You've been given a gift and a privilege. Treat it as such."

Another pause, a longer one this time as her possessions were taken from her and tossed into an otherwise emptily receptacle. In an instant, everything that gave proof of who she was--was gone. Be it out of obedience or mortal fear, however, she did not object.

"Fifth and finally. I'll not sugar-coat this for you. Not really. When Sir comes to you, you are not to meet his eyes directly. You are not to speak--do not address him or verbalize your feelings or intent. Remember the Forth. You are not to speak to or address him in any way, you are simply meant to do as you are told, if at all. Got that? Refuse to heed my warning and I'll not be surprised if Sir disposes of you then and there. And even if he doesn't do away with you, what he will do will still hurt like hell. And once he is done with you--Don't look at me like that. You're not a child, and you would be wise to reflect upon the First, hmm?"

For a while the two remained silent, the each of them exchanging glances with the more learned eyes looking over the newly dressed figure for the novel flesh. Random spots of lint were plucked away and stray hairs were carefully set back into place before all was deemed perfect. Or, at least, as perfect as one could get.

The older eyes narrowed, then, their corners turned up into their own sort of smile. "You know... I recall the first times I'd been assigned to watch you. You were never without a book in hand and a pen tucked in your hair. And of all the things that you would read, I can remember some of them pertaining to such absurd subject matter--,"

Stopping himself he reached for her one last time to smooth the palm of his thumb across the lowest curve of her bottom lip. Suddenly his face was stoic again, and he seemed to be avoiding her gaze. His eyes looked everywhere save the depths of hers.

"This is not the life I would have chosen for you. Not exactly. Your kind--you... You were meant for other things. Not exactly greater things, perhaps, but--quieter, more ordinary things." For just a moment too much longer than he should have, his fingertips lingered as they brushed the backs of her hands that lay folded in her lap. He laughed then, a tone of scorn ringing in its depths. "But then, this is what you wanted, isn't it? This is what you were asking for, what you were after all along, wasn't it Paige--?"

***

I awake with an unpleasant start and to the sound of my name being called from the opposite side of my chamber doors. Bearing my teeth I pull myself upright to sit, both startled and disturbed by the fact that I had so thoughtlessly passed out sprawled like a drunkard across my couch. "Yes, I hear you. Come in!" It was more of an order than an invitation.

The face that came into the room to speak to me was painfully familiar. Familiar enough for cause me to wince unconsciously. Closing the door behind himself, we immediately took to our usual, avoiding each others' eyes as we casually exchanged words.

"The girl?" he asked.

I nodded. "Yes, she's ready." Standing, I smoothed my attire with both hands, slipping my feet back into my heels with ease. "I'd taken her to her room to wait--,"

"Paige," he began to interrupt.

But I stopped him. I hadn't the time to hear him express his sentiments again. "I'll go and collect the girl." I shook my head, remembering myself. "Mori," I whispered. "I've named the girl Mori."