A Tangled Web

Story Info
After her husband has gone missing, stepson steps in.
2.8k words
4.11
128.7k
70

Part 1 of the 5 part series

Updated 10/18/2022
Created 09/14/2012
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Tatonka
Tatonka
228 Followers

CHAPTER 1

A beautiful young wife misses her husband

Thirty one year old Charla Sedona was awakened from another dream, as she reached for her husband in the dark she realized he wasn't there. Sitting up in bed she turned on the lamp and collected her thoughts, another dream just like before. Awake now she looked at the picture by the lamp, it was from last summer in Hawaii, she and her husband on vacation.

It's been a year and three months since the plane crash that took Tim's life. Charla was still waking up at night hoping to find him lying next to her, that the whole thing was just a bad dream. Maybe if they had at least been able to recover his remains she would be able to let him go. Instead his funeral service contained an empty casket and she had held on to some hope that it was all a mistake. That somehow Tim was not on that flight.

Charla picked up her watch and looked at the time; it was six o'clock in the morning. She got up from bed and walked across the large bedroom and into the adjoining bathroom. A few minutes later she returned, after selecting some clothes from her wardrobe she stood in front of the full length mirror.

She picked up her hairbrush from the vanity and began brushing her shoulder length brown hair. A beautiful young woman of medium height she stands at 5'-7" with long slender legs that join at her small but nicely rounded rear end. Her 34 D-cup breasts stand predominately in contrast to her slender waist.

Still wearing her white silk pajamas she left her bedroom and headed towards the stairway. Reaching the bottom of the stairs she could see the door to her teenage son's room slightly open.

He wasn't actually her son, biologically anyway. Alex is Tim's son from his first marriage, but she and the boy were very close. Charla had attended all of his important events as he was growing up and tried to make up for his father not being there for him.

It really wasn't Tim's fault; he had wished he could spend more time with the boy. As the owner of a large construction company he was busy twenty four seven. He worked hard and had become very successful but at a price, and that price eventually turned out to be his life.

When Charla looked in on Alex, he was lying nude on his bed. The bed sheet was covering one of his legs and his genital area, barely.

Quietly she closed his bedroom door before going into the kitchen and starting the coffee maker. A few minutes later she stepped out onto the large back patio with a cup of coffee, she sat down at a table by the swimming pool. The cool early morning breeze blowing through her thin silk pajamas gave her a slight chill. She sipped on her coffee and thought about how she and Tim had met.

She was only nineteen years old when she accepted the position at Sadona Construction, basically just running errands. The company was much smaller back then and the work was always fun for her. Sometimes the men would intentionally forget something at the shop so they could have her bring it out to the job site. Then they would do their best to keep her there, one time hiding the keys to the company truck.

Tim Sedona was a tall good looking man and Charla found herself attracted to him from the first time she met him. He was quite a bit older than her at the age of thirty four and even though he occasionally teased and flirted with her he was very committed to his marriage.

Charla had gotten to know Tim's wife, Alison, from seeing her at the office and occasionally at their home. One Time Alison had held her up from getting back for an extra hour while talking her into babysitting six year old Alex.

When she returned to the shop that day and tried to explain why it took her so long Tim just laughed. He would tell her, "Alison really thinks a lot of you, and when she likes someone its hard to get away, she can really do some talking."

It wasn't long after that when Alison became ill and ended up in the hospital for an extended period of time. Often, she watched over Alex while Tim spent most of his time at work or at the hospital.

Charla was dating a law student at the time but was always willing to break a date if Tim needed her. Then things became worst for Alison and an emergency surgery couldn't save her. Tim kind of buried himself in his work and Charla's job changed from running company errands to helping with young Alex. Often she would be responsible for taking him to school and other activities, along with helping to take care of household duties.

Charla stood up, crossed the patio, and returned to the kitchen where she refilled her coffee cup. Leaving it on the counter she walked through the hallway and into the living room to find a cigarette. Tim didn't like for her to smoke so she didn't indulge in it very often, but recently she found herself lighting up more often. She found an almost empty pack setting on the coffee table and returned to the kitchen.

After retrieving her coffee cup and a book of matches she stepped back out onto the patio, her hand was slightly shaking as she lit the cigarette and took a deep drag. As the smoke filled her lungs she felt a little light headed for a second, Charla exhaled the smoke and took a drink from her cup.

Alex had just graduated from high school a week ago and was now trying to decide on a college. He had scholarship offers from schools all over the country and was free to go anywhere he desired. His father had left him and Charla very well off. As the majority owner of Sedona Construction, Alex had a planned future.

There is however one stipulation, he needs an advanced college degree in construction and engineering with an emphasis in business. He also needed to learn the business from the ground up. Until that time comes, Charla, along with the board of directors, were in complete control of the company and its finances.

Alex got up from bed and picked up his pajama bottoms from where they were lying on the floor. He pulled them up over his legs and tied the draw strings in front. He then wandered into the kitchen, opened the refrigerator and took out carton of orange juice. As he filled the glass he looked outside through the window and noticed Charla sitting at the table. He had always been infatuated with her, ever since she used to watch him when he was little. Now at eighteen years of age he fantasized about her in ways that she would never have expected.

Charla heard the patio door; she used her hand to shield her eyes from the low morning sun as Alex stepped outside. Images of Tim flashed through her mind as the tall attractive young man walked towards her. The shadows from the morning sun highlighted his lean muscular build; his dark tan was accentuated by the contrast of his lighter colored pajama bottoms.

Charla greeted him, "Good morning Alex, you're up early."

"I heard you moving around and thought I better get up," Alex replied. He sat down at the table, took a drink from his glass and said, "Mom? What would you think if I took a year off before I start back to school?"

Charla looked at him kind of funny and said, "I thought you were really looking forward to getting started?"

Alex replied, "I was just thinking maybe I should stay around and watch over you for a while, you know, with Dad gone and all."

Charla looked down at her empty coffee cup, a tear started down her cheek which she brushed away with her hand. She looked up at Alex and smiled, in some ways he made her feel like Tim was still with her.

Glancing briefly at his bare chest she thought about all of the athletics he was active in through school. Always the fastest swimmer on his team, he took state three years in a row. Charla enjoyed the swim meets and was an avid supporter. She had been encouraging him to accept one of the scholarships offers so he could continue.

"I'm going to be just fine Alex, and you know I was really looking forward to you being on the swim team at one of the colleges this year."

Alex replied, "I know Mom, I just haven't really made up my mind where I want to go yet."

Charla asked, "Have you heard anything back from the recruiters from this school? It seems to me that you and Jenny planned to meet up there this year."

"I'm not so sure I still want to go there, I want to check out my options," Alex answered. "I guess I never told you this... Jenny has a boyfriend she met there last year. I haven't talked to her in months."

Jenny is the oldest of the Kucera girls living in the house next door; a year ahead of Alex, she graduated from high school last year. Jenny and Alex spent a lot of time together growing up and had been dating for the last three years. He would never let on that their relationship was anything serious. Alex never had a problem with the girls; they seem to come out of the woodwork trying to get his attention. Still, Charla always thought that he and Jenny would go to college together and maybe become serious at some point.

"Really, I can hardly believe that," Charla replied. "All she ever talked about was how she couldn't wait for you to meet up with her at the school."

"It's no big deal Mom... it's not like we we're promised to each other. Her sister Julie said she's coming home for a week after spring break in Cancun. I'm sure she'll be over for a visit."

Charla got up from her chair and placed her hand on his shoulder, "You're not as good at hiding your feelings as you think you are. If she is seeing someone else at the college just remember... whatever happens sometimes it turns out for the best. Look, I'm going to go take a bath and get dressed honey, you should go put on some clothes too."

"I will, but I think I'll go for a swim first," Alex replied.

"I'll be back in a bit," Charla said as she excused herself and walked towards the house.

Alex had taken the bedroom at the bottom of the stairway a couple of months ago. It's the smallest bedroom in the house and the only one without a bathroom. Charla had wondered why he wanted the room; it would be more suitable as a den. Alex had always been very protective over her. With Tim gone now, she figured he took the room so he could protect her, he was her guard at the bottom of the staircase.

Charla closed the door after entering her room; she walked over to the window and looked out at the pool. She could see Alex had gone into the control room and the pool cover beginning to open. She walked over to the bathroom and turned the faucet to fill the large Jacuzzi tub. She unfastened the buttons down the front of her pajama top as she walked back through the bedroom. Looking out the window again she didn't see Alex, he was out of her range of vision. She thought maybe he had gone in to change into his swim trunks.

As Charla soaked and relaxed in the Jacuzzi her thoughts drifted back to an earlier time. She had broken it off with her law student boyfriend so she would be free to take care of Alex. At times she stayed at the house while Tim was away on business; it was nice to get out of her apartment.

She enjoyed the pool and other luxuries that the residence had to offer. The property, located close to a steep cliff off the side of the mountain, allowed for a spectacular view. She found that sitting on the patio at night was very relaxing and peaceful; she would stay out for hours looking at the lights of the city below.

Charla leaned back in the tub and closed her eyes as she began to relive that night ten from years ago. She had celebrated her twenty first birthday and Tim had thrown her a surprise birthday party. This was to be the night that she had planned on telling Tim that she had fallen in love with him.

As circumstances would have it, and before she could get him alone to talk, he told her that he had to leave for two weeks on business. She had agreed to stay at the house and take care of things while he was away.

Two weeks later Tim had caught an early flight and arrived home late that night. Alex was in bed sleeping and she was in the large family room watching a movie. Not expecting Tim until the next day she was sitting on the floor in front of the sofa wearing only a loose tank top and her underpants. She remembered being embarrassed and apologizing when Tim entered the room unexpectedly.

He had just laughed and said, "No don't apologize, You know to be at home here, just pretend that I'm not even here while I fix myself a drink."

Charla got up and walked to the guest room where she had been keeping her clothes and some of her things. She could sense his eyes watching her, taking in every movement of her sexy young body as she walked away from him. In the bedroom she put on a pair of worn out cut off jeans that she had been wearing earlier in the day. Even though they were cut very short at least she wouldn't be sitting around in her underwear.

Upon her return she resumed sitting on floor and watching the movie. Tim soon stretched out on the floor next to her with his drink. He couldn't help steeling glances at her smooth golden tanned legs. Charla was aware of this and as she bent one knee and ran her hand enticingly over her thigh.

After taking a drink from his glass Tim rolled over so he was lying on his back and asked, "Did you have any problems with Alex or anything?"

"No, everything was fine Tim. I took him to the beach this morning; I guess I wore him out today. So... how was your trip? Oh, are you hungry? I could fix you something to eat."

"No thanks I'm fine, just a little jet lag," Tim replied. "I feel a little stiff from sitting in the plane."

Charla took a pillow from the sofa and climbed on top of his stomach, "Poor baby, here let me make you more comfy." Although the teasing and playing wasn't unusual, there was also an undeniable physical attraction between the two of them. However, in all this time, neither had ever let it be known to the other.

After pausing for a moment and squinting her eyes she said, "Did you meet any pretty girls in Ohio?"

Tim laughed and replied, "Oh yeah, hey I had this hot looking maid that came into my room one morning when I was in the shower and...."

Charla pressed the pillow into his face as if to suffocate him while Tim began to tickle her sides. They were both laughing while he let her think she was winning some kind of wrestling match.

"Okay okay, I give," Tim laughed. "I was just kidding. Hey... there aren't any girls in Ohio as pretty as you, seriously, if I was ten years younger."

Charla was still sitting on his stomach, Tim noticed she had stopped laughing and had a serious look on her face. She leaned forward putting the sofa pillow under his head allowing him to glance down her top as she did.

Charla placed her hands on his chest and said, "You don't need to be ten years younger Tim."

She began to massage his masculine chest and shoulders giving him another chance to look down her loose fitting top. He watched as the shoulder strap fell off her shoulder dropping the top even lower and exposing a good portion of her bare breast. "I have a confession to make Tim. I didn't sleep in the guest room while you were gone."

Leaning forward she kissed him lightly on his lips and continued, "I slept in your room every night you were away. I kept hoping you would come home early and find me in your bed, what do you think about that?"

Tatonka
Tatonka
228 Followers