A Trip to Texas

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
TxRad
TxRad
5,949 Followers

As I started the truck I replied, "I'm stupid, remember. Not weird."

She smiled and said, "I don't think you are either of those, that why I changed."

"It's definitely a change. Now I don't look like I'm running around with my cute kid brother," I said with a laugh.

She reached up and brushed her fingers through her short dark hair. "I'm not a kid and I'm sure not your brother but I guess I did look sort of boyish in those clothes."

I stopped at the exit to the drive and looked over at her for a second, letting my eyes roam over the curves in her sweater. "I have to agree, you sure aren't qualified to be my brother."

With a big grin, I pulled out onto the service road and headed back onto the Interstate. I could see a big smile on her face out of the corner of my eye.

We rode along in silence for a while. At one point, she stretched out her legs and crossed her ankles, pulling the dress down as she did. The only thing uncovered, was her small bare feet. There was a small silver ring on the big toe of one foot and another on the second toe of the other foot. A thin silver ankle bracelet was around one of her ankles.

I glanced at her fingers and saw no rings or other jewelry. When I remarked on it, she giggled and told me, "They make me feel sexy." She laughed sharply and added, "Ok, so I'm weird."

I smiled and said, "I don't think so. I think it's sexy and we have already agreed that I'm not weird, so you can't be either."

She grinned and wiggled her toes.

*****

Lilly was napping and I was starting to get sleepy when we crossed the state line. One state down and two to go, I thought to myself. I also wondered if Deer's Lake would be marked with a sign, and how far it was after the state line. I though about waking Lilly up, but decided not to.

I need not have worried, there was a large sign announcing the off ramp for Deer's Lake. I got off the Interstate and followed the signs to the park gate. The gates were closed and locked. Well, so much for that, I thought. Lilly stirred and opened her eyes.

I smiled over at her and said, "Hi, sleepy head."

She stretched, arching her back as she smiled a sleepy smile back at me. She looked sexy doing that and I wondered briefly, what it would look like without the skirt and sweater.

"Where are we?" She asked, with a yawn before sitting up and looking around. "Oh, we're there," she added as she saw the park sign.

"There's a small problem," I said. When she looked at me I continued, "The place is locked up tight."

"What!" she said sharply, turning around in the seat and staring at the gate. When her eyes fell on the lock she softly whispered, "Shit, there goes my good night's sleep."

Looking over at me she said, "Sorry. This is the way my luck has been running for the last two weeks. Let me look at the map and see what else is around here."

When she got out the map, I leaned over to study it with her. It was another two hundred miles, before there was another campground close to our highway. I backed up, turned us around, and was about to head back the way I came, when I saw a light green State Parks truck parked at the small grocery store on the corner.

I grinned at Lilly and said, "When in doubt, ask."

She laughed and replied, "Works for me."

I parked at the store and went to find the ranger. I was back in about ten minutes and grinned at Lilly as I started the truck. "We are in luck. There's another part to this Park about a mile down the road that is open. This section is closed for repairs."

Lilly grinned and said, "My hero does it again, folks."

I laughed and got us headed down the road.

*****

After checking the place out quickly, we chose a campsite and went back to the gate to pay for it. The sun was low over the small lake by the time we started to set up camp. Lilly was a lot of help with the tent, so I asked her, "You've done this before, I take it?"

She grinned and replied, "Only a few hundred times. I love to camp. My family spent a lot of time camping when I was a kid. It's what started my interest in photography. My dad bought me a little cheap camera and several rolls of film. I think he was really surprised at those first attempts. I know I was. I miss being able to roam the woods and the sounds and smells of the outdoors. I'm a country girl at heart."

"I learned about camping, at duck, deer, and fishing camps, as a kid myself." I told her as we worked on setting the rest of the camp up. Two of us made it easier and quicker.

When I pulled the large double air mattress out of the box and started to air it up with a small twelve-volt pump, Lilly looked in the box and asked, "Is that the only one you have?"

I looked at her for a second and said, "I came camping alone, and I didn't see any reason to bring more than one. Sorry."

She bit her lip as she watched me work. I glanced up and saw her looking at me. Our eyes locked for a second and I said, "You can sleep in the truck. I'll leave the keys in it, so you can start it, and run the heater, if you get cold. I've got a small gas heater for the tent."

She nodded slowly and after I had the bed aired up, we went back to getting camp ready. I put her pillow and two blankets in the front of the truck before I went to hunt up some firewood. When I got back, she had a small fire made with twigs started, and added some of the wood to it. We soon had a nice blaze going. I got the camp heater from the truck and lit it. When it was ready, I carried it to the tent and put it inside.

I lit the gas lantern and hung it near the center of camp. Lilly sat on a rock near the fire. I took one of the ice chests from the truck and opened it.

Looking around at her, I asked, "Would you like a beer?"

She looked up from the fire and smiled. "Sure."

I got out two beers and grabbed the two chairs out of the truck. I handed both beers to Lilly and opened the chairs, placing them close to the fire.

When she handed my beer back, she asked, "If you only brought one bed, why did you bring two chairs?"

I looked at her for a moment as the question sunk in. I glanced at the two chairs and then looked back at her, shrugging, "Hell, if I know. Force of habit I guess. When I packed the bed, I knew I'd be alone but when I grabbed the chairs, I just automatically grabbed what I normally would."

She chuckled and said, "That's what I figured, but I had to tease you about it."

After a short pause she added, "Its funny how small habits get ingrained into our everyday life. For the last four years, I have had a couple of cameras hanging around my neck. When I packed up to leave, I had to force myself to pack all of them away. Even now, I feel slightly naked without one on."

I sat down in a chair, grinned, and said, "Well, go get one. We can't have you running around naked, now can we?"

She looked at me and chuckled as she got up off the rock, "Interesting visual there."

She stopped next to the other chair and continued; "You know that if I go get one, I'll use it from time to time."

I nodded, and said, "If it'll make you happy, I'll get out my digital, and we can have a camera war."

She laughed softly and asked, "Could we?"

When I started to get up, she laughed and said, "No, that's all right. We'll save that for another time."

She sighed and sat down in the chair, "I guess I can go cold turkey until tomorrow. Anyway, I'll be asleep very shortly. That little power nap earlier seems to have drained me, instead of the other way round."

I grinned and nodded. "I think my battery is low, also. By the time I finish this beer and maybe one more, I'll be ready for a good night's sleep," I said with a yawn.

We sat watching the fire. It was cool but not cold yet. The sun was well down and there was a blaze of stars above the lake. A thin streak of light drew my eyes higher into the sky. It was followed by several more in rapid secession.

I heard Lilly whisper, "Looks like we are getting one of nature's fireworks displays." I nodded and we sat watching in silence.

Sometime later, a loud yawn made me realize that I was nodding off to sleep. I looked over at Lilly and she smiled, saying, "Me too. I think it's time for bed."

I stood up just as she did and we ended up standing inches apart, looking into each other's eyes. I had a sudden urge to kiss her and I thought I saw the same in her eyes, but I stepped slowly to the side and smiled. She sighed and smiled back at me. I could read several things into that sigh but I didn't. I tried to act as if nothing happened.

After a moment, I said, "I think I'll visit the little woodsman's room before I go to bed. You can use the tent to change if you want to. I mean, I don't know if you're going to sleep in that or not. Not that it's any of my business."

I paused, unsure of where I was going with this. Finally, I said, "You know what I mean."

She stared at me with a straight face and said, "No I don't, what do you mean?"

When I gave her a "huh" look, she laughed and said, "Go on, take care of your business and I'll take care of mine."

I turned and slowly headed for the road and the bathroom. When I did, we finally broke eye contact. My head was buzzing more than could be accounted for by one beer.

*****

When I returned, I checked the fire to make sure it would be all right. It was burning low so I left it as it was. The lantern, I dimmed and entered the tent. I sat down on the air mattress and started to take off my shoes and socks, when I noticed the blankets and pillow I had put in the truck, piled next to me.

I looked around and then felt across the bed. No one was there. I finished taking off my socks and shoes, followed by my shirt. I reached for my bag and got a pair of shorts out to sleep in. My sleeping bag would be to warm otherwise.

I had just pulled the shorts up when I heard Lilly say, "Knock, knock. Are you decent?"

When I answered yes, she opened the tent flap and stooped to enter the tent. When she straightened up, she grinned at me and said, "Don't get any wild ideas. I trust you enough to sleep in the same tent with you. Operative word there is sleep."

She saw that I had changed into a pair of shorts and spent a few seconds looking me up and down. "Hmmm, you're not bad for an old guy."

"Hey, no old jokes. I left the short ones alone, so now it's your turn," I said with a grin.

She chuckled and said, "Ok, ok, but you're still not in bad shape. Good enough to give a girl something to dream about, anyway."

I sat down on the bed and laughed before I said, "Here I go blushing again, even when I know you're lying."

She grinned and picked up her pillow. She held it in front of herself for a minute as she watched me lie down and pull the sleeping bag up to my chin. After another second, she tossed the pillow down next to my head and said, "What the hell? I might as well be comfortable. I don't think you'll bite me, will you."

I looked at her for a moment as comprehension set in. Slowly a grin spread across my face before I said, "No, I don't bite. But I have been known to nibble."

She looked at me for a second and laughed. "I think, I can chance it, I don't think it'll take more than a minute or two for both of us to be fast asleep."

I nodded and muttered, "Damned, my bad luck."

She chuckled as she pulled back the edge of the sleeping bag and sat down on the bed. She looked over at me once more and then she laid down on her side, pulling the bag up over her. I sighed and closed my eyes.

*****

I awoke slowly, swimming up from the depths of a deep dreamless sleep. I awoke to a dream. Lilly was cuddled up spoon fashion, in front of me, her shoulders against my chest, her butt tight against my groin and upper thighs. My knees were bent, cupping her closely. Her head was on my upper right arm, her hair just inches from my nose and it smelled sweet and clean. She held my right hand lightly with her left. My left hand rested gently on her waist.

I lay there marveling at how comfortably we fit together. Her short, compact body nested exactly with my large slightly overstuffed one. I didn't even want to breathe for fear of waking her, and then she'd move away. I lay there, enjoying the feel of our joint breathing, slow, even, and regular.

I don't know how long it was before she stirred slightly and then slowly started to stretch. I moved my legs and knees down as she straightened out and pressed her shoulders tighter against my chest. Suddenly she jerked and rolled over on her stomach, her head coming around to look at me, as she realized there was someone behind her.

She blinked about twice and then smiled softly, before saying, "Good morning."

I smiled back and gave her a "Good Morning" back.

She rolled back over against me and went back to stretching like a large cat. I moved my arm so she could raise her arms over her head. First, she would press her shoulders against me and then her butt. After a minute of this, she reached up and pulled my arm back down under her head.

Then she reached back and patted my hip saying, "Bring your knees back up and cuddle me like you were." I was only too happy to oblige her.

She snuggled back against me. "Hmmm, this feels good. No wonder I slept so well."

We lay there for several minutes, our breathing once again in sync. I thought she was going back to sleep, when I felt her wiggle even tighter back against me. I let my left hand slip down to her belly and pulled her tighter, a giggle escaping her lips.

I moved my hand and quietly asked, "Did I tickle you"

She wiggled and giggled again before she replied, "No. I was just wondering about something."

"Oh?" I said.

She sighed and said, "I was having a naughty thought. I was wondering what this would feel like without this skirt and sweater. I was being bad."

I chuckled and told her softly, "I've wondered the same thing several times already, so I'm even worse. I'll even admit to being awake for quite some time, just laying here and enjoying the way we fit together."

I slipped my hand down to her stomach again and pulled her back against me. "The only problem that would come up, if you didn't have anything on, would be quite obvious to us both." I ended with a laugh.

She laughed and wiggled her butt back hard against my hips. "Do tell, she said.

After a moment she sighed and giggled again, "Man, I'm being bad. I wonder what the problem is. I'm usually very slow, getting my mental motor started. This morning, I feel all revved up and nowhere to go."

"It could be a good nights sleep and the fact that you're relaxed and not under any stress." I pointed out.

She laughed and then she pulled my right hand up so she could kiss the back of it. "Yeah, that's probably it. It couldn't be that sleeping in a big guys arms all night has me horny, now could it?"

I laughed and then I said, "Hmmm, I don't know. It's been a long time since I had that effect on anyone. I just don't remember what it was like."

She laughed and slowly rolled away from me. She rolled over until she was facing me and then she said, "I find that hard to believe. I also know I'd better get my ass up from here, before I start something I'm not really ready for."

She stretched in her cat like way again. I watched until she threw back the covers and sat up. She saw me watching her and asked, "A penny for your thoughts."

I grinned and replied, "I was wondering what that stretch would look like without those clothes in the way? I wondered the same thing yesterday, when you woke up from your power nap."

She stared at me a moment and then chuckled softly, "I had to ask, didn't I?" Her look softened and she added, "Maybe someday you'll find out. Be careful what you wish for. I'm not easy; with me it's all or nothing."

I looked at her and knew what she meant; she wasn't a lady that slept around just for fun and excitement. It had to mean something and there had to be a commitment there. "I understand that," I whispered softly and then smiled.

She cocked her head to the side and asked, "Do you, really?"

I nodded slowly and replied, "Yes. I wasn't always an old fool. I was married to a wonderful woman for well over twenty years. I'd still be married to her, if she hadn't died. No, don't go the sympathy route. First of all, I don't need it; it was ten years ago. Second of all, everything happens for a reason and one day it will be clear to me why she died. Until then, I'll live the best life I can and I'll try to be happy. It's what she would have wanted me to do."

I saw her face cloud up and a tears start to form in her eyes. Before I knew what was happening, she sobbed once and asked, "What is that like? I've been married twice and had two boy friends; nothing has lasted for more than eight years."

She sniffled as a tear coursed down her cheek. "I married my high school sweetheart right after college. After eight years, he went to work one day, or so I thought. Actually, he had been fired, three weeks earlier. He never came home. He cleaned out the bank account and I've never heard from him since." She closed her eyes as more tears ran down her cheeks and a soft sob came from her throat.

I sat up and moved to take her in my arms. She resisted for a second and then she was crying on my shoulder as I stroked her hair. Her crying ended with a hiccupping sob. My shoulder and part of my chest were wet from her tears. I rocked her gently and continued to caress her hair.

After a few minutes, she sat back and looked around for her purse. I reached into my bag, next to the bed, and pulled out a washcloth, handing it to her. She wiped her face and then looked over at me shyly. When she saw how wet my shoulder was she sniffled again and dabbed at it.

I took the rag and wiped my shoulder and chest dry, and then I refolded it to a dry spot, and wiped her eyes, which had started to leak again. She sniffled and took the rag from me.

Looking up at my face for a second, she smiled a twisted little smile and whispered, "I'm sorry. I don't know what happened." She wiped her face again and then add, "God, talk about mood swings. That felt like I fell off a cliff."

I reached up and softly rubbed the back of my fingers against her cheek; she tilted her head and rubbed back, a shy smile coming to her face. "What a mess, you must think I am?" she whispered.

I shook my head and smiled, before I said anything. "No, just a lady having a hard time of it; too many things hitting you all at the same time. It happens to everyone, believe it or not. Even me, I've been there and done that, several times."

She looked up at me through her lashes, the shy smile returning.

"My wife always told me that a good cry was sometimes better than sex. I never believed her, but who am I to say that she wasn't right."

Lilly grinned and said, "She sounded like a smart lady. I seem to be living proof, horny one minute and crying my eyes out the next." She raised her head and looked at me as she asked, "I wonder what's next?"

I chuckled and answered, "Why should I tell you and take the mystery out of it? Sometimes a little anticipation is good for the soul."

She smiled and said, "So you don't know either?"

I laughed and told her, "Nope, ain't got a clue." She laughed and hugged me. I stroked her hair as I held her tight.

After a while, she sighed and sat back with a soft chuckle, "After all those tears, how come I have to pee so badly?" She took a deep breath and turned around to put on her shoes.

With her back to me she said, "Thanks." No reply was needed.

When she opened the flap of the tent, I saw that the sun was high up in the trees. It was mid morning. She took a couple of deep breaths and said, "Oh, it's a gorgeous day."

She went outside and called to me, "It's beautiful here. The lake with the hills in the background is like a painting."

TxRad
TxRad
5,949 Followers