A Weekend Away

Story Info
A cold winter getaway for two to North Carolina.
2.5k words
3.77
37.5k
5
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I had skipped out on my appointments that morning, going instead to the local rental car place; Shelley and I about to set out for a weekend getaway. Being just after Christmas and just before New Years, everyone was still pretty crazy from shopping and the other stresses associated with major holidays. My big present to Shelley this year was this getaway, just the two of us...no kids, no former spouses, and no in-laws. I chuckled as I rented the car, actually a small SUV, it was a hybrid Ford Escape, how appropriate. Anyway, I hadn't told her where we were going, only that we'd be ringing in the New Year somewhere quiet and secluded. She could tell we were going north because of the clothes she had to pack, but beyond that had no clue.

Shelley has a very stressful job as the director of a daycare/learning center run by a local church. She had started off there as a teacher, got an opportunity to be a co-director, and finally was made the only director. She is an intelligent, imaginative woman...and, pardon me, what a nice tush she has. You look into her blue eyes and are trapped; any resistance to what comes out of her "kiss me" lips is utterly futile. This could be my own personal dilemma, but I doubt it. But, running the operations of the center from day to day, dealing with the local officials, and the bureaucracy has taken its toll on her. She needs a vacation.

With the Escape loaded up we headed out on the road. I was hoping for more time to get to talk with her but the poor girl went to sleep before we even got to Georgia. We stopped for gas around Savannah and she did wake up long enough to want something to drink, Dr. Pepper. As we set out on the road again I couldn't help but chuckle a little as I continued to watch the road and her too. She has an angelic face and looks so peaceful when she's asleep.

As we neared Columbia, South Carolina she woke up and was hungry. I had brought along a small cooler with some pimento cheese sandwiches but she didn't want any (they had been a favorite of mine for traveling from years ago), so we stopped off at a truck stop along the way. We had some very good homemade chicken noodle soup and enjoyed the hot and cold salad bar, staying mostly to the hot side. It's amazing what a couple hundred miles can do to the temperature. With both of us having a belly full of warm food we set off again after filling up the Escape with gas.

Driving down the interstate with us both awake we engaged in singing along with the CD player. Her singing ability was one of the many attractions I had to her. I didn't know she sang at all until my ex-wife and I had kids. After hearing her sing, I was impressed, and taken captive by her. Don't get me wrong, what had happened between my ex-wife and myself wasn't Shelley's fault, it's just something that happened. I listened to her sing as we went down the road and enjoyed being in her presence.

We finally got into North Carolina, she still had no idea where we were going, so I let her know that this is the last state we'll be going into...at least until we get where we are going. We passed through Charlotte and when we reached Statesville, we turned onto Interstate 40 West toward Asheville. She guessed we were heading to the Blue Ridge Parkway, possibly staying at a hotel or resort in the mountains. I just chuckled and said maybe. However, when we reached Asheville we went north on Interstate 26...and she wondered again where we were going.

About twenty minutes later her question was partially answered as we exited the interstate in Mars Hill. She had not heard of Mars Hill before and I informed her that there is a college here that has a museum devoted to rural life. She thought that was cool but was beginning to wonder about how a museum tour could be considered romantic. As we drove through, and subsequently out of, town she thought we might have passed the college, since the signs pointing to it were now behind us. I chuckled and told her not to worry, she'll like this. About five minutes later we were pulling into Butterfly Cove, the secluded cabin I had rented for this weekend.

The cabin is set on about 35 acres of woodland and it's on a hillside that looks down into a little valley. It's not one of those places that have a 4000 foot elevated view of the whole mountain range, but a quiet little cozy place to enjoy each others company. The view, while listed as limited in the brochure, is beautiful. The cabin is gorgeous as well; wooden floors, wooden walls, running water (what luck as it is below freezing outside), a tub with jet sprays, and an awesome stone fireplace. It was getting close to sunset, so I hurried our bags inside along with some wood. Even though someone had been out to make sure that the power was on and subsequently, that the heater was running, it was still cold.

I stacked some logs in the fireplace, found some kindling, and soon had a fire started. Shelley had dug out my faux mink blanket I had bought in Japan while serving in the Marine Corps. She went to the kitchen and looked through the cupboards; she found some cocoa mix, and in the refrigerator had found some whole milk with two days left until expiration. She didn't find any marshmallows though. Anyway, while I got the fire from a good start to a decent roar Shelley made the hot cocoa. We cuddled on the rug, wrapped ourselves up in the blanket, and drank our hot cocoa.

We talked about the drive up and the view; since the sun had now set we'd have to wait until the morning to really take in the view from the porch. We laughed about the little things that make life funny; we'd have to go find a grocery store to get some food, if we thawed out enough in the morning to be able to leave, at least it wasn't snowing. We talked about us; only a year before I'd been married to her friend Patricia and she'd been married to Alex. Patricia and I had grown apart as husband and wife over the ten years we'd been married, we also had two children together. Shelley and Alex had a somewhat rocky marriage for years; she finally had decided to stand up for herself and left him...a couple months after I had left Patricia. We had only been married this past fall, so in a way, this was the honeymoon that we hadn't been able to take.

We reflected back on all that had happened that brought us to where we are now. There was a time when it seemed impossible that we'd ever be together. I pulled her in close and reminded her of how many times I had dreamed of getting to hold her close by a nice fire, just me and her. She said that I make her feel tingly, that she had for a long time but was afraid because we were just supposed to be friends. Friends make the best spouses. We leaned back against the couch and she put her head on my chest; I kissed the top of her head. She looked up at me, I looked into her eyes, and I felt that overwhelming feeling of warmth that comes over a man when he is with his love. I leaned forward and kissed her. I pulled away and her lips remained pouted up for more; I sank down to the floor and kissed her again, rolling her onto her back off of me.

As I kissed her mouth, my heart beat faster as she pulled me in and kissed me back. I placed my hands on her face, caressing her hair, her ears, her neck, and back to her face again. My tongue touched her tongue; as a hand slid down from her face to her shoulder, to her chest, and I massaged her breast. I felt her breath in, she continued to kiss me, and she pulled me in harder. We broke our kiss for a moment, I looked into her eyes, I love you was all I could say. She pulled me back in and kissed me hard. I kissed her cheek on over to her ear, I whispered in her ear, "Thank you for marrying me." I continued to kiss her, down the side of her neck, up her throat, over her chin and back to her mouth.

My hand had gone from massaging her breast over her shirt to my hand being up her shirt and working the clasp on her bra. With the bra undone, I was able to massage her breast directly. Shelley has awesome; perfect breasts just the right size for squeezing and, more over, for suckling on. The first time I saw them I was blown away, partly because I couldn't believe I was getting to see them, and partly because I had wanted to see them for years.

Shelley had been rubbing on my shoulders and head as she kissed me; when I had finally freed her bra and was able to touch her she almost clawed my back. I didn't mind, kind of enjoyed, it. It let me know that I was getting her fire going as much as the one in the fireplace was. Her leg was rubbing up and down mine and I was beginning to think it was time for some of these clothes to come off. Kissing her I said I needed to take off her sweater and she sat up.

I pulled her sweater up over her head, resumed kissing her mouth, and started unbuttoning her shirt. I took her shirt and bra off; she looked at me a little confused as I started to put her shirt back on. I told her I wanted her to leave her shirt on as I didn't want her to get too cold and there is nothing as sexy as a beautiful woman in nothing but a dress shirt. I wrapped an arm around her and resumed massaging her breast while kissing her. This time when I kissed down her neck I kept kissing down, down her chest, and to her breast. I kissed her nipple lightly once, then kissed it again, then licked at it, and finally circled it with my tongue before taking it in my mouth.

At first I was squeezing her breast in my hand as I sucked on it, but my hand slipped down her side and began to rub inside her legs. I sucked at her breast, nibbled at the nipple, and circled her areola with my tongue. My hand was feeling her legs, crossing from one to the other; I could feel the muscles in her legs tighten up. I continued to suck on her breast, alternating with kissing her, and my hand worked at the button of her jeans. Finally getting the button undone, I pulled down the zipper, and slid my hand between her jeans and her little pink panties she had worn.

Sliding over her pelvis, my hand was only a thin layer of cotton away from her womanhood. She was warm, I could tell she was getting wet too; it was a wonderful sensation and made me long to be touched. I slid my fingers up and down her; I lightly pinched her clitoris between my thumb and index finger. To my surprise, she pulled my head into her breast and let out a moan. I sucked in hard on her nipple. I felt a rush come over me and had to kiss her; I broke off of her breast and locked my mouth to hers.

My mind was swimming; Shelley was as intoxicating as the purest alcohol and I felt the desire overcoming me. I stood up with her, pulled my shirt off and threw it, unbuttoned my jeans while kicking off my shoes, and pulled my underwear and jeans to the floor. I knelt in front of her, kissed her stomach, and pulled her jeans and underwear down. She sat back down, slipped out of her shoes, and I pulled the obstructive clothing off. She lay on the floor, laid down in between her legs, pulled the blanket up over us, and kissed her mouth again. My penis was as hard as it had ever been; she reached down, grabbed it and began to guide it to her. I asked if she wanted me to go down on her first, she chuckled and said another time, right now she just wanted me inside her.

As I entered her I found, once again, the meaning of heaven on earth. She was so warm and her womanhood wrapped itself around me and pulled me in. Her warmth spread around me, engulfing me, filling me with her as I was filling her with me. If ecstasy can be put into words, this is as close as I could come. Our bodies entwined, in my mind I could not discern her from me, and I hoped she was feeling all that I felt. There was no possible way for two people to be closer to one another, no words to describe the pleasure of pleasuring her, no love that could define the love I felt for her; this was our world, we were the only two people in it, we were Adam and Eve.

I do not know how long it lasted, time stopped when she and I became we. By my best estimate it was almost an hour; me on top of her, her on top of me. I worshipped at her alter, aware only of her, and refusing to have release until she herself was released. The incredible feeling of sharing myself with her, the warmth of her love, and the complete utter feeling of disbelief that comes with that release; it all brought me to such a climax that I was left shivering on the floor. This is the woman I love, this is the woman I live for, and this is the woman that consumes me so.

The weekend vacation for two just begun, it's already been the most incredible vacation I've ever been on. I can't wait to see how the rest of it goes. I am spent and do not have the energy to get up off the floor, we lay there for awhile holding each other, and finally do go enjoy a shower together with a follow up bath in the tub with the jet sprays. We are both hungry too. It's too late at night to venture out, tomorrow we will try to find Zuma Coffee, a little coffee and bakery in the town of Marshall, but until then we cuddle close beneath the blankets; wrapped in the warmth and glow that making love brings.